8 déc. 2022 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: aadoyle
In a sense rn I think Holmberg is making Engvall expendable

FjOc7LEWQAUV6SJ?format=png&name=large

Kerfoot despite the protests is the second best defensive forward they have. Only Marner has been better with Kampf being #3

I hate the narrative that “Kerfoot's a good PKer" argument, thus affirming his spot on this team as it's directly as a result of a Keefe's doing.

In 157 games played with COL, he played 5.1 shorthanded minutes.

His first season with TOR, Keefe more than tripled that to 17.7

Kerfoot now sits at 292.8 shorthanded minutes in 229 games played with TOR - Keefe made him a penalty killer. Not saying Kerfoot isn't good at it, but who's to say Keefe just can't do the exact same thing with his replacement, Jarnkrok or most likely Holmberg. Pontus is a C, has been given PK time, is excellent defensively, and a sneaky good shot.

The Leafs got crushed by TBL bottom 6 last year. The Leafs got nothing from theirs. With another 1st round match up looming, creating a 3rd line that can score and defend will be very important.

Quoting: leafs101
you've gotta give up to get this tight to the cap though, you'd want to spend that 2.25 on the replacement, plus you have Holmberg to serve his role well enough

Holmberg is Kerfoot’s replacement.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 18 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,974
Modifié 8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 8
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I hate the narrative that “Kerfoot's a good PKer" argument, thus affirming his spot on this team as it's directly as a result of a Keefe's doing.

Kerfoot now sits at 292.8 shorthanded minutes in 229 games played with TOR - Keefe made him a penalty killer. Not saying Kerfoot isn't good at it, but who's to say Keefe just can't do the exact same thing with his replacement, Jarnkrok or most likely Holmberg. Pontus is a C, has been given PK time, is excellent defensively, and a sneaky good shot.

The Leafs got crushed by TBL bottom 6 last year. The Leafs got nothing from theirs. With another 1st round match up looming, creating a 3rd line that can score and defend will be very important.

In general hes second on the Leafs in defense 5 on 5 this year with only Marner being better. Despite the critics as mentioned above he still has his uses. Like the fact hes outcompeting Kampf shows how good he is defensively for us. As for Holmberg hes Engvall's replacement as until he outperforms Kerfoot defensively hes not considered a replacement. A replacement would be someone like Konecney but hes not coming cheap
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Someone gonna need to drop the gloves on Roy that hit needs to be addressed

Poor Robertson
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 51
Someone gonna need to drop the gloves on Roy that hit needs to be addressed

Poor Robertson

The Roy hit is one of the reasons guys like Simmonds are still needed but when they are out the problem is visable

Roy knows no one on the Leafs is gonna teach him a lesson so hes just gonna do his thing

Dubas at the deadline should bring in a top 6 wing with some bite who can also score

Which is why I believe Konecney is perfect
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 52
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,046
If Robertson is going to miss some serious time, I would genuinely give Steeves a look up at the NHL level. Looked very good in the preseason and has been off to the races to start this AHL campaign. Very underrated prospect IMO, he could easily be an NHL regular at this point
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 53
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207

if AM or JT get hurt are you throwing Holmberg in at 2C? Or would you much prefer that to be Kerfoot if it comes down to it? I know my answer, and it's tried and tested that Keefe's answer is the same.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 53
The Roy hit is one of the reasons guys like Simmonds are still needed but when they are out the problem is visable

Roy knows no one on the Leafs is gonna teach him a lesson so hes just gonna do his thing

Dubas at the deadline should bring in a top 6 wing with some bite who can also score

Which is why I believe Konecney is perfect

hate to say it but the Roy hit was not at all dirty. Very normal for a player to engage contact going into a battle in the corner like that and Robertson just lost his ground, and fell down awkwardly.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 55
Hakuna Matata
hate to say it but the Roy hit was not at all dirty

Wasnt dirty but if ur team does not respond hes just gonna do it again and again as refs wont always hand out penalties for it

When a guy gets hurt from a hit like that respond to let Roy know u didnt appreciate that

As we already saw Walker do something similar to Bunting

Cant be soft in these times
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 57
Wasnt dirty but if ur team does not respond hes just gonna do it again and again as refs wont always hand out penalties for it

but like "do it and do it again" of course he is, he's a defenceman going into a corner battle he'd be doing his job poorly and putting himself at risk of getting tossed around if he doesn't stay strong on his feet and make contact. And yea, refs shouldn't always hand out penalties for that
8 déc. 2022 à 19 h 58
Hakuna Matata
but like "do it and do it again" of course he is, he's a defenceman going into a corner battle he'd be doing his job poorly and putting himself at risk of getting tossed around if he doesn't stay strong on his feet and make contact. And yea, refs shouldn't always hand out penalties for that

When a guy gets hurt from a hit like that respond to let Roy know u didnt appreciate that

Other teams will know they can do that and get 0 response. Roy does that to a Bruin or Lightning player hes not escaping that
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 0

Other teams will know they can do that and get 0 response. Roy does that to a Bruin or Lightning player hes not escaping that

pretty standard play and he fell uncomfortably not everything needs a fight
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 1
Hakuna Matata
pretty standard play and he fell uncomfortably not everything needs a fight

No but as a team u stand up for your teammates other teams would immediately go after Roy. Leafs unfortunately are sometimes to soft for their own good.
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 3
No but as a team u stand up for your teammates other teams would immediately go after Roy. Leafs unfortunately are sometimes to soft for their own good.

you go after a guy when its an egregious dirty play, not when robertson fails to stay on his feet on a standard corner play. Like roy barely even really hit him he just initiated contact to get separation and robertson was not at all prepared for it which you have to be going into the corner, especially against a defenceman who is bigger than you
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 5
Hakuna Matata
you go after a guy when its an egregious dirty play, not when robertson fails to stay on his feet on a standard corner play. Like roy didn't even really hit him he just initiated contact to get separation and robertson was not at all prepared for it which you have to be going into the corner, especially against a defenceman who is bigger than you

U go for a guy when he hits and causes an injury, does a dirty hit, or goes after a rookie. Leafs rarely if at all do that unless Simmonds or Clifford are in. If Simmonds was in a response would have been done but hes not so nothing will happen. So other teams will do similar plays and know 0 consequences besides the odd penalty. Look at Foligno on Perry JT got hurt Foligno responded just went after the wrong guy. Even if the hit is clean got to show Roy the hit wasnt appreciated
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 9
U go for a guy when he hits and causes an injury, does a dirty hit, or goes after a rookie. Leafs rarely if at all do that unless Simmonds or Clifford are in. If Simmonds was in a response would have been done but hes not so nothing will happen. Look at Foligno on Perry JT got hurt Foligno responded just went after the wrong guy. Even if the hit is clean got to show Roy the hit wasnt appreciated

Perry has a long history of being dirty and like there's a difference between getting hurt on literally a play that happens a million times in a hockey game and socking a knee in a guys head.

Key distinction here is that I'm saying go after a dirty hit, regardless of intention. But, if it's not a dirty or huge hit and its a standard hockey play that happens multiple times a minute, there's no need to fight. Robertson wasn't aware of his surroundings and didn't brace for contact going into the corner against a larger player.

Feel for him, but Roy did nothing wrong there
sure simmonds may have tried to fight but only because its the sole reason he's in the lineup and he'll take any chance he can get to pick a fight
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 18
kerfoot 2 points and engvall goal so far

the leafs "fans" are gonna be so sad

before everyone says they didn't want to trade those guys because their production will go up
especially kerfoot

the production will come, they are very valuable to this team, keep them
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 30
Hakuna Matata
I deem the response appropriate ZAR laid out Kaliyev drew a penalty and sparked the 4 goals
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
if AM or JT get hurt are you throwing Holmberg in at 2C? Or would you much prefer that to be Kerfoot if it comes down to it? I know my answer, and it's tried and tested that Keefe's answer is the same.

Probably one of the more tired arguments I have for Kerfoot supporters. He is a below level replacement player and makes those around him worse.

Fist_tuWQAAkE-T?format=jpg&name=large

And no. I hope they don’t have Holmberg on the playoff roster, but definitely as my first alternate.

I hope they go out and get another bonified C
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 37
Probably one of the more tired arguments I have for Kerfoot supporters. He is a below level replacement player and makes those around him worse.

Fist_tuWQAAkE-T?format=jpg&name=large

And no. I hope they don’t have Holmberg on the playoff roster, but definitely as my first alternate.

I hope they go out and get another bonified C

i also hope they go and get another good C but right now he's our best option. Tried and tested that he's performed there, in the playoffs no less, with Willy.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
i also hope they go and get another good C but right now he's our best option. Tried and tested that he's performed there, in the playoffs no less, with Willy.

Ah yes, his 4 playoff goals in 37 games. I hope they finally aim higher but that’s me
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 47
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,046
I think it's safe to say Dubas is getting an extension considering the run this team is on. How long are we thinking it'll last?
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
I think it's safe to say Dubas is getting an extension considering the run this team is on. How long are we thinking it'll last?

I would give a 1 year
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 20 h 58
Ah yes, his 4 playoff goals in 37 games. I hope they finally aim higher but that’s me

referring to the year he had to fill in for JT at 2C where he had 6 points in 7 games.

Agreed that if we can bring in the right game changing C and he has to go to make the cap work, fine, but to trade him for the sake of it or for a lateral move to get a winger would be stupid
8 déc. 2022 à 21 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Engvall should have dropped the gloves and not hit Durzi in the head with his stick

5min misconduct penalty rip
8 déc. 2022 à 21 h 0
Quoting: Nathaniel

definitely not safe. I'm a huge dubas fan so I hope you're right but the team has gone on regular season runs like this before, Dubas, like the rest of the organization, will be judged on the playoffs. Chance he gets a 1yr before then but wouldn't call it safe yet

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage