Forums/Armchair-GM

NYR in my OPINION

Créé par: aastorino1993
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 16 juin 2022
Publié: 16 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The first order of business is to trade away Georgiev. He does not want to be with the Rangers anymore as he has really no potential to be a starter and develop with Shesterkin dominating the last 1.5 years. Trading him and packaging him with someone else will be the way they need to go.

Also, in my opinion, Filip Chytil is not worth the $2.3 they are paying him.
- He has trouble on face-offs (he was only a 43% this year (Technically his best year, but that is not that good)
- He doesn't score goals (He almost had more in the playoffs than all of the regular season).
- He had 8 goals this year (basically came out to be almost 1 each month), then 7 in the playoffs (1 against Tampa, 6 against PIT/CAR).
- He averages 2 shots a game and sometimes he is basically non-existent on the ice.
- In the defensive zone, there are times he gets completely lost, loses his assignment, and TON OF RINK TURNS CONSTANTLY. He hasn't grown on the defensive side which is why he is a career minus + a -2 in the playoffs.
- He is basically a career minus, grant it, the Rangers have not been that good in years past and was a +14 in the regular season, but would get hemmed in the defensive end on a consistent basis.
- He cannot be a 2C and honestly he is an okay 3C, but the Rangers have no depth in the center role, he had to go there.
- He has been on a decline since his first season (DESPITE COVID), he did okay in the playoffs this year and scored 5v5, but there is almost 0 consistency in his game.
Okay, Done on my Chytil RANT. I am just not a fan of him and I would utilize this decent playoff performance to move his contract to free up some more space.

***In my opinion, Geo + Chytil + EITHER Draft picks or another prospect should be traded to Anaheim in return for Troy Terry who can be a legit 1st line RW for his $1.45 price tag (for one more year). This can be good for both sides as they would be getting a goalie (SINCE Gibson wants out now) and Chytil can be their 2C and get more minutes for them. He is a very good player who plays both ways of the ice, can score goals, and can be a legit player with Kreider + Zibenajad. The trade I made is what I think Anaheim will ask for future considerations, could be no considerations and just a second + those 2. Anything can happen, or not happen, in this trade, but I think this is the best option for the Rangers with moving both Geo + Chytil.***

***BEFORE the warriors come out and say this is a bad trade for Anaheim or the Rangers, and don't actually put input into their comment, I don't care. The point of this is all for my opinion and would like feedback or other possibilities people think can happen or won't happen with these two guys.***

Next, GET RID OF NEMETH. He is awful, he is slow, and he was a -9 on a team that was 2nd in GAA throughout the regular season. He was a bad sign from the beginning and I didn't mind it because I figured he would be a 7th for the Rangers. He just needs to go, if you HAVE to retain his salary, DO IT. Have him submit his eight-team no-trade list and try to ship him somewhere for a draft pick in the late rounds.

***The trade I made for Nemeth is a placeholder as it could be any team within the league.***

Next, in my opinion, they should resign Copp and Motte. Copp can be a good option at 2C with his 54 pts (21 goals) in the regular season and 14 pts in the playoffs. Motte is an easy sign as he is a gamer, can play well defensively, can add a 3rd tier scoring as he is good on the forecheck, and can kill penalties. He is a perfect 3rd/4th line winger.

Next, I am resigning Kakko to a $2mil 3-year bridge deal as he has shown promise in him, but he hasn't been consistent with everything. Partially that has to do with his injury where he didn't play 39 games, but I think he can grow more if he is given a more solidified role on the 2nd or 3rd line where he is playing 13-15 minutes a night. This will be his test to see what he does over the summer and what he can do during the season next year. He needs to have a good year in terms of scoring and I think he would have had a good year this year despite the injury. In my opinion, he would have been a 35-45 point guy this year if he didn't get hurt.

Also, I am resigning Blais to a $1.75 deal. The Rangers have to see him out for another 2 years as they gave up a decent amount to get him in the first place. He can be a 4th liner that kills penalties and adds a 3rd tier-scoring capability. It's not a definite that he is back, but he is a decent player. I would give him another shot after he comes back from his injury.

Also, Othmann should be brought to the Rangers or Hartford. He had a breakout year with Flint, but in my opinion, there is no more room for growth with him playing in the OHL being an older guy. He should start out in Hartford, and see what he does in pre-season. If they decide he needs another year in Flint then so be it, send him back to Flint. In my opinion, this kid is very good and has tremendous upside to him. He just needs to be developed.

Next, I am going after Eric Comrie as a backup goalie for Shesterkin who can play 20-30 games in the regular season. He had a decent year this year with Winnipeg and has shown he can play at the level. This can be a very bad decision, but the Rangers goaltending for a backup is very slim. They have options with Huska and Kinkaid, but I don't think Huska or Kinkaid are worthy backups.

Also, you may think I am crazy, but the Rangers will need a 4th line center. Curtis Lazar can be a decent option, a very cost-efficient centerman that can play a 4th line role. There are probably other options out there for a 4th line center, but I chose to give Lazar the contract.

Finally, to fill out the defenseman who will be able to play with Schneider, I would want the rangers to sign Brett Kulak to a $2.5 deal for 3-4 years. He is a good 5/6 defenseman and could help with the development of Schneider and whoever else they put in that role. I don't know if Kulak will go for $2.5mil but that is all that was left in terms of signing guys.

I understand that these are all hypothetical and some people may or may not like some of the things that I have done with this lineup (particularly Chytil). I am just not a fan of him (posted above). Some of these trades and signings will probably not happen, but in my opinion, Troy Terry would fit well with Kreider and Zibenajad as they lacked that 3rd option with Vatrano and it showed in the playoffs 5v5 vs Tampa. Vatrano is not a 1st line winger, he can be a good 2nd/3rd line winger, but in reality, the Rangers are already jammed on both the left and right side with prospects, Lafreniere, Kakko, Othmann, etc. I am not sure what they are going to do with Kravtsov. I know he is a good player, but that right side is going to be hefty if they move Laf and Kakko into 1st and 2nd line wingers on that right side. We will see I guess.

Lastly, I think these signings and trades (if they were to actually work this way which 99.89% of it won't happen), could work and it would free up some things for coming years with the cap increasing little by little. For instance, if this was exactly to happen, the Rangers would have $4,887.500 open up on the forwards' side, $925,000 on the Defensemans' side, and an additional $3,427,778 will open up after all the buyouts are finalized. They will have to sign Troy Terry (if they want him), Ryan Reaves (if they want him), Lafreniere, Miller, and Hunt and will have about $10mil+ to work with if the cap increases.

The Rangers are in a cap crunch and I believe this summer will consist of moves that people like and don't like. In order for them to compete and get back to an ECF, they need to be better 5v5 as they only score 187 EVG which was 18th in the league and only good for 2.2 EVG/G. They were a young team and I think that long 20-game playoff they just endured was great for all of the players to get back into playing much more meaningful games. We will see if they learned their lesson with closing teams out when it comes playoff time next year as I think that experience this year will help them grow and it's only a matter of time before this team either bursts and flourishes or busts.

I am sorry that this is such a long description, but I wanted to go more in-depth with my opinion and give my views on what I think should be done this summer. Obviously, everyone has their opinions, so please answer with actual opinions on things, don't just say I disagree or this whole thing sucks. I actually want to see what people think and get their opinions on what they think should be done over the summer.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 750 000 $
32 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 500 000 $
54 750 000 $
31 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
42 500 000 $
Transactions
ANA
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Georgiev, Alexandar [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS:
If the Rangers make the ECF in 2023, the 2nd round pick will turn into a 1st round pick.
NYR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (BUF)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de BUF
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 041 469 $0 $4 500 000 $458 531 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 juin 2022 à 6 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,788
Yeah um absolutely not
JackForHart, RoyalBlueSabres, Salzy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 7 h 29
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,783
If the Sabres even thought of that, doubt it happens before the draft. Pretty good at LD
16 juin 2022 à 7 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Value on Nemeth is fine. Wouldn’t do major downgrade of Chytil to Goodrow on the 3rd line for moderate upgrade of Kakko to Terry on that line.
16 juin 2022 à 7 h 36
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Terry seems to be a late bloomer...but seems to have arrived. And he's cost controlled a few more years. So I don't think he's a player teams look to move. That said- it would take a gross overpay to move the needle. 2 players who aren't exactly at the pinnacle of their value... and a pick with a low % condition attached isn't gonna do it. Don't think Verbeek picks up the phone unless he hears whispers NYR are dangling LaF, Othmann, Kakko,and/or 2023 1st (w/o conditions).

Real quick on Chytl...I'm in the "camp" that sees him as needing more time to continue developing. Had a rough season- but playoffs showed what he's capable of. It's up to him to take it to the next level- which includes become more consistent and improve on FO's (an acquired skill which through off season effort can be improved significantly). As much as Chytl has struggled, his pts/60 has always been in very good company. This tells me he needs more of a chance to play. IF Chytl can build on the playoff he had and can show progress in the improvements he needs to make- his value will increase exponentially and he still has a few more years to continue developing. But moving him now would probably involve selling low.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 7 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,516
Anaheim counters with Milano and Mahura for Panarin
OldNYIfan et Ducksfan93 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 7 h 45
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,472
If you are lucky you might be able to twist Verbeek’s arm for Comtois, albeit that is highly unlikely. But Terry, that sad sack of trash won’t even get the conversation started. For a guy who was on fire to start the year, and I believe a front runner for the rocket Richard at the time, I highly doubt Terry gets moved without Laf or Miller being dangled in front of Verbeek.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 3
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,946
Yeah that isnt close to getting Terry

The Ducks need RW arguably the most out of any team in the league, when you make trades you need to look at the needs of both teams

Troy Terry is legitimately untouchable honestly

And you claim Gibson wants out even though he himself said those reports are false and he wants to spend his entire career in ANA
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Quoting: BUFF36
If the Sabres even thought of that, doubt it happens before the draft. Pretty good at LD

yah it was just a placeholder. Nemeth has an 8 team NTC so it could have been any team.
BUFF36 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Terry seems to be a late bloomer...but seems to have arrived. And he's cost controlled a few more years. So I don't think he's a player teams look to move. That said- it would take a gross overpay to move the needle. 2 players who aren't exactly at the pinnacle of their value... and a pick with a low % condition attached isn't gonna do it. Don't think Verbeek picks up the phone unless he hears whispers NYR are dangling LaF, Othmann, Kakko,and/or 2023 1st (w/o conditions).

Real quick on Chytl...I'm in the "camp" that sees him as needing more time to continue developing. Had a rough season- but playoffs showed what he's capable of. It's up to him to take it to the next level- which includes become more consistent and improve on FO's (an acquired skill which through off season effort can be improved significantly). As much as Chytl has struggled, his pts/60 has always been in very good company. This tells me he needs more of a chance to play. IF Chytl can build on the playoff he had and can show progress in the improvements he needs to make- his value will increase exponentially and he still has a few more years to continue developing. But moving him now would probably involve selling low.

I 100% agree. Troy Terry is a good player 100% and that trade will never happen in a million years. It was more me just looking around for the Ranger's needs and they need a RW that can play with Zib and Kreids. Laf and Kakko can play in that role as long as they play as they did in the playoffs on a more consistent basis.

I just do not like Chytil at all. Guy had 8 goals in the regular season and each goal was a month apart. I understand it's not always scoring goals, but if the Rangers want to contend for a Stanley Cup, he needs to grossly progress. He had a good playoff and I am taking none of that away from him. Sometimes he is just such a perimeter player, he just loses assignments in Dzone. From an analytics standpoint, his numbers are like that because he didn't have a great season and didn't play much in some games (i.e. 10 minutes a night).

Consistency is what the Rangers need from the 3 young guys.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Anaheim counters with Milano and Mahura for Panarin

Yeah I get that. The trade I made is completely underwhelming and I knew that from the start. It would be more in that for sure, but then again Drury won't give up some of those guys. This trade would never happen. I just love Terry and the way he plays so a bit selfish of me to put that dog **** trade in there.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Salzy
Yeah that isnt close to getting Terry

The Ducks need RW arguably the most out of any team in the league, when you make trades you need to look at the needs of both teams

Troy Terry is legitimately untouchable honestly

And you claim Gibson wants out even though he himself said those reports are false and he wants to spend his entire career in ANA

I knew that they needed RW's. I wasn't looking at that and more of the Ranger's needs or what I would want them to do etc.

The trade is not good and not even close to what it would need to be for Terry and I knew that going in.

Yes I read that about Gibson. Ive read a lot about it from different people saying he wants out to contenders and he wants to stay and build with Anaheim etc.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: evelutions2
If you are lucky you might be able to twist Verbeek’s arm for Comtois, albeit that is highly unlikely. But Terry, that sad sack of trash won’t even get the conversation started. For a guy who was on fire to start the year, and I believe a front runner for the rocket Richard at the time, I highly doubt Terry gets moved without Laf or Miller being dangled in front of Verbeek.

Agreed 100%. I love how he plays and you are right he slacked off, but he has a tremendous upside.

Verbeek would need much more than what I put in there, and I knew that going in. More of me piecing something together that I believe the Rangers need instead of paying Vatrano like they did with Goodrow.
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 30
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,946
Quoting: aastorino1993
I knew that they needed RW's. I wasn't looking at that and more of the Ranger's needs or what I would want them to do etc.

The trade is not good and not even close to what it would need to be for Terry and I knew that going in.

Yes I read that about Gibson. Ive read a lot about it from different people saying he wants out to contenders and he wants to stay and build with Anaheim etc.

Yeah it just doesnt make sense for ANA to entertain trading Terry, they are building the team around him, Zegras, Drysdale and McTavish

Doesnt matter what anyone apart from Gibson himself said, He point blank said he wants to spend his entire career in ANA, and that he wants to win in ANA
16 juin 2022 à 8 h 46
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Quoting: aastorino1993
I 100% agree. Troy Terry is a good player 100% and that trade will never happen in a million years. It was more me just looking around for the Ranger's needs and they need a RW that can play with Zib and Kreids. Laf and Kakko can play in that role as long as they play as they did in the playoffs on a more consistent basis.

I just do not like Chytil at all. Guy had 8 goals in the regular season and each goal was a month apart. I understand it's not always scoring goals, but if the Rangers want to contend for a Stanley Cup, he needs to grossly progress. He had a good playoff and I am taking none of that away from him. Sometimes he is just such a perimeter player, he just loses assignments in Dzone. From an analytics standpoint, his numbers are like that because he didn't have a great season and didn't play much in some games (i.e. 10 minutes a night).

Consistency is what the Rangers need from the 3 young guys.

Don't disagree with your frustration towards Chytl...I'm just not ready to sell low on him. The biggest challenge in this CAP era is balancing out the lineup. Of course you need guys making big money (and also have to justify their salary), need journeymen (reclamation projects) on bottom $, and need players on ELC's (hopefully developing onto the next wave of big $ guys). Problem with guys on ELC's- consistency can be one of the biggest things young guys struggle with...so patience is required! And the million dollar question becomes: when to cut the cord and move on?? I'm not there yet with Chytl- if he could (for starters) improve at the dot...that alone would avoid "going right to defense and puck retrieval" on many shifts. And with effort (and experience) most players can make improvements at the FO circle.
16 juin 2022 à 9 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Don't disagree with your frustration towards Chytl...I'm just not ready to sell low on him. The biggest challenge in this CAP era is balancing out the lineup. Of course you need guys making big money (and also have to justify their salary), need journeymen (reclamation projects) on bottom $, and need players on ELC's (hopefully developing onto the next wave of big $ guys). Problem with guys on ELC's- consistency can be one of the biggest things young guys struggle with...so patience is required! And the million dollar question becomes: when to cut the cord and move on?? I'm not there yet with Chytl- if he could (for starters) improve at the dot...that alone would avoid "going right to defense and puck retrieval" on many shifts. And with effort (and experience) most players can make improvements at the FO circle.

I also don't want Drury to wait for him to develop more and Chytil never to develop + he will need a new contract after next season which can be a problem if they don't extend Laf and Miller over the summer. Drury needs to extend both before they have a breakout year and ask for more and cause more issues with the cap. I agree with you 100%. Chytil right now is a 3C in my opinion. He has a lot of things he doesn't use to the best of his abilities. Size, Speed, Length. He has shown he can shoot the puck, but he never just throws the puck to the net unless it's a Grade A opportunity. I think he can be good, he needs to put it together soon. Agreed, face-offs he needs to improve, all-around compete level needs more consistency from game to game, overall dzone awareness, etc.

Hopefully he has a good summer and maybe works more 1 on 1 with video coach. We will see, I am excited to see what the summer brings for this team.
Jimbo1119 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage