SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Anaheim Ducks Big Board

Anaheim Ducks Big Board

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: BruinsFan35
Publié: 2 juin 2022 à 10 h 0
Description
My plan is to make a big board for each team prior to the draft, looking at guys who's abilities would match up well with what the team in question should be looking for on draft night. I'm using my Draft Guide for the rankings, and the goal is to select multiple players within the range of each teams' selections that they should consider. These players are ranked by my ranking numerically, not necessarily who the team should value first, second, third, etc. at that spot (hopefully that makes sense). The plan is to provide explanations for the first round picks for every team, then just provide the list for rounds 2-7. If you want clarification on a specific player, comment and I'll provide it.

The first team, going alphabetically, is Anaheim. After looking at their prospect pool and their current team needs, here is the three main player types that I prioritized:

Power Forward
Right-Shot Defender
Two-Way Winger
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
First Pick
#10 Overall
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-My Ranking: #8. Yurov provides what I consider to be the biggest hole in the Ducks system right now: gritty top-six forwards.Yurov is big and strong, plays a strong 200-foot game, and has shown that he can play against men at a young age, playing half of this season in the KHL. He needs to put on some weight if he wants to continue his physical style against NHL competition, but the Ducks should be overjoyed if Yurov takes a slight drop on the board and falls into their lap. I would imagine, provided that Yurov lives up to his perceived potential, that Yurov would compliment the top line with Zegras and Terry (or Pastujov in the future) quite nicely, collecting pucks in the corners and providing some snarl and defensive prowess to two skill-based players.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-My Ranking: #10. Jiricek is ranked higher on a lot of people's boards, but injury concerns kept him from jumping up any higher on my board. Not that he's not worth a higher pick: Jiricek may prove to be the best defender in this class, with NHL ready size and skating. He needs to learn to keep his emotions in check: he takes a lot of unnecessary penalties, especially with the stick via tripping or slashing. But the potential is certainly there for the Ducks to select him here. Imagine a top four where the right side is Jiricek and Drysdale.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-My Ranking: #12. Lekkerimaki doesn't prove one of the key three attributes that I mentioned above, but what he would provide is an elite scorer to pair with the playmaking Zegras. It could be a future top 5 combo in the league. Lekkerimaki doesn't provide much in the way of defense or strength, but his skating ability and his wicked shot would make for an exciting top line to help bring the Ducks back into playoff contention.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
Second Pick
#22 Overall
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoMy Ranking: #18. Del Bel Belluz provides what would be an elite #3 center option on the Ducks behind Zegras and McTavish, and would be a fantastic penalty killer and shut-down option to put out against opposing top lines. Del Bel Belluz is an elite two-way player who thinks the game at an elite level. He is always moving, always involved in the play, and always giving 100% whenever he's on the ice. He would be an instant fan-favorite in Anaheim and would help them keep the puck out of the net.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-My Ranking: #19. If you'd never watched Nelson play, and just looked at his Elite Prospects page or something, you would assume that he is a purely offensive defenseman with his small size and high offensive numbers. You would be sorely mistaken. Nelson is a smart three-zone defender that is as valuable in his own end as he is on the O-zone. He could compliment Drysdale nicely on that right side, taking more defensive shifts to allow Drysdale more offensive freedom.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-My Ranking: #23. Trikozov is exactly what the Ducks should be looking for in a future 3C behind Zegras and McTavish: a defensively-oriented center with a high Hockey-IQ. He may be more of a winger at the NHL level (he's weak on the face-off dot) but his skills and the way he plays makes me feel that the Ducks would like to have him on their roster.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-My Ranking: #24. Chesley is the best purely defensive-defenseman in the class this year, and would be the perfect player to play after Drysdale. Chesley is a strong, smart defender that is tough to beat in 1-on-1 situations or in sustained zone time. A willing shot blocker and elite rush defender, Chesley provides a lot of attributes that Drysdale doesn't, making them a perfect 1-2 punch on the right side.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-My Ranking: #25. What team in need of some size and grit wouldn't want someone who plays similarly to Brady Tkachuk? Gautheir will likely be gone before the Ducks second selection, but his consistency issues made it hard for me to rank him above certain players on my board. Still, when he's playing hard. Gauthier is a menace with or without the puck on his stick, with a hard shot, strong straight-line speed, defensive prowess, and an aggressiveness on the forecheck that the Ducks could sorely use in their top six.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-My Ranking: #27. Bichsel, despite being a left-shot defender that the Ducks don't particularly need, provides the size and strong defensive presence that would pair very nicely with Drysdale on the top unit. Bichsel reminds me of Ryan Super in a lot of ways: bigger defender who isn't poor offensively, but you play him for his defensive effort and his ability to shut down top forwards consistently.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-My Ranking: #28. Luneau, a former top 10 consideration at the start of the year, has fallen a bit, but is still a very solid prospect. Elite skating defenseman with strong 4-way mobility, poise with and without the puck, and a high Hockey-IQ. He would be a great member of any top 4, and the Ducks could use a guy like him in their future core.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-
Second Round
Picks #42 and #53 Overall
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-My Ranking:#35
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-My Ranking: #40
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
Christian Kyrou
My Ranking: #41
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-My Ranking: #44
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-My Ranking: #48
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-My Ranking: #49
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-My Ranking: #52
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-My Ranking: #55
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonMy Ranking: #57
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-My Ranking: #59
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-My Ranking: #61
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-
Fourth Round
#107 Overall
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryMy Ranking: #100
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineMy Ranking: #102
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideMy Ranking: #105
29Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkMy Ranking: #106
30Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-My Ranking: #109
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-My Ranking: #120
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
Fifth Round
Picks #139 and #154 Overall
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-My Ranking: #132
34Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-My Ranking: #134
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-My Ranking: #135
36Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieMy Ranking: #136
37Logo de Devils du New Jersey-My Ranking: #142
38Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
Ryan Kirwan
My Ranking: #145
39Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-My Ranking: #149
40Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
Stefan Milosevic
My Ranking: #153
41Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-My Ranking: #161
42Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
Sixth Round
#178 Overall
43Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sharks de San JoseMy Ranking: #176
44Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
Oskar Pettersson
My Ranking: #178
45Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Islanders de New YorkMy Ranking: #181
46Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Jets de WinnipegMy Ranking: #185
47Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
Pavol Stetka
My Ranking: #186
48Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-My Ranking: #188
49Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Predators de Nashville
50Logo de Stars de Dallas-
51Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
52Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de Washington
53Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
54Logo de Bruins de Boston-
55Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Blues de St-Louis
56Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
57Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Wild du Minnesota
58Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
59Logo de Flames de Calgary-
60Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
61Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Panthers de la Floride
62Logo de Rangers de New York-
63Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
64Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
65Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
2 juin 2022 à 10 h 28
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 611
I really like this idea! Minor correction for McTavish, he's actually played left wing during his stint in the NHL. So if the Ducks were to draft DBB, he would be the 2C behind only Zegras.

Also another option for the Ducks with the 10th pick could be Geekie. His play style gives me Getzlaf vibes, so he can basically be the new Getzlaf for the Ducks.
OldNYIfan et BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 12 h 44
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: christianyog
I really like this idea! Minor correction for McTavish, he's actually played left wing during his stint in the NHL. So if the Ducks were to draft DBB, he would be the 2C behind only Zegras.

Also another option for the Ducks with the 10th pick could be Geekie. His play style gives me Getzlaf vibes, so he can basically be the new Getzlaf for the Ducks.

Anaheim typically starts their C prospects on the wings when they make the jump to the NHL. Not to say that McTavish won't continue at LW, but I'd imagine he ends up at C long term.

I *hope* they don't take Geekie. Major Dylan Strome vibes with his foot speed. Not to say Strome is *bad* because he certainly not, I'd just like Anaheim to continue to build their skill game. You can always find size...Out of the likely players available there at 10 OA, I think my list would go: Jiricek (he'll be gone, but a boy can dream!), Lekkerimaki, Gauthier, Yurov. *IF* Savoie drops (he's pretty little...), I'd jump all over that.
2 juin 2022 à 14 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 161
I can't see ANA being high on Yurov and Trikozov. In the last 20 years, ANA has selected... 2 Russian players. 2! Goalie Sergei Bobkov in 3rd round of 2009 Draft and forward Artyom Galimov in 5th round of 2020 Draft. I guess that's it for this decade wink
OldNYIfan, BruinsFan35 et Z0ra a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 15 h 4
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Cool idea, I like! Keep them coming
2 juin 2022 à 17 h 1
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
this was really interesting, good job, can't wait for the Oilers version of this
2 juin 2022 à 19 h 41
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,392
I think that one of Jiricek/Kemell/Lambert will be available at #10.

I like Snuggerud or Luneau at #22. I don't think that Gauthier will fall that far.

I'm hoping for Kevin Korchinski or Owen Pickering at #42.
BruinsFan35 a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2022 à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: christianyog

Oh okay. Didn’t know that about McTavish, thanks. Yeah I also considered Geekie. There’s a few guys that could be there, but Yurov is my top pick for them regardless (unless Slafkovsky somehow falls)
2 juin 2022 à 21 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: Playersoverpayed
I can't see ANA being high on Yurov and Trikozov. In the last 20 years, ANA has selected... 2 Russian players. 2! Goalie Sergei Bobkov in 3rd round of 2009 Draft and forward Artyom Galimov in 5th round of 2020 Draft. I guess that's it for this decade wink

Eh, don’t really think that the Ducks are anti-Russian. They probably won’t take two with their first two picks, but quality of player should be the most important aspect. It is interesting how rare it is for Russian Ducks tho.
3 juin 2022 à 10 h 34
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 49
I don't know if he is a good fit for Anaheim but I can see them taking Mintyukov at 10. Him and Zellweger could be a great tandem on the left side.
24 juin 2022 à 15 h 9
power forward
Quoting: Playersoverpayed

Its a new management team in Anaheim, so its unpredictable on what they will do.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2022 à 12 h 11
power forward
If Kemell is available at 10th, would the Ducks take him?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage