JT_Miller
jmac490
9 juill. 2017 à 14 h 47
Épinglé
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Modifié 9 août 2017 à 10 h 31
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2017 à 18 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Quoting: Zach
Quoting: matt59

I think so, but we need to have a well thought out explanation to sabresfan as to why he's been demoted. I'll draft something up and post it here soon.

Sounds good.

And in case I don't express it enough (probably don't), I would like to thank Rico and Matt for there hard work and dedication to make this a much more fun and smoother running game, this game has been a blast so far and I owe most of that fun to rangersandislesfan, ricochetti, and you Matt.

Thank you and may the draft luck be with you all tomorrowsmile

No, thank you Zach for being a great BOG representative, providing some great laughs, and being a fun party-goer cool. You guys are all part of what make helping run this game fun, and best of luck to you guys at the draft as well cheers
25 mai 2017 à 18 h 41
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222

Sounds good.

And in case I don't express it enough (probably don't), I would like to thank Rico and Matt for there hard work and dedication to make this a much more fun and smoother running game, this game has been a blast so far and I owe most of that fun to rangersandislesfan, ricochetti, and you Matt.

Thank you and may the draft luck be with you all tomorrowsmile

No, thank you Zach for being a great BOG representative, providing some great laughs, and being a fun party-goer cool. You guys are all part of what make helping run this game fun, and best of luck to you guys at the draft as well cheers

Awww, stop it, you're making me feel all speciallaugh
25 mai 2017 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,768
Is it settled then?

I think so, but we need to have a well thought out explanation to sabresfan as to why he's been demoted. I'll draft something up and post it here soon.

Sounds good to me. Like I said, I would be ok with giving sabresfan915 at the very least an acknowledgement first though. But that may take several days to get an answer so Im ok with not waiting any longer too.
25 mai 2017 à 18 h 56
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,092
Is it settled then?

We are only representing the community, as we are put in place to do. I'm confident the majority of the GM's would vote to replace him, as he has not maintained an open line of communication with many of them. I appreciate that you consider different aspects Matt and were willing to seek alternative solutions. At the end of discussion, we simply have to arrive at a practical solution that we feel is in the best interest of the majority.

Sabres can be given the option of becoming an assistant to Mhockey, who seems like he would be okay with that arrangement.

Fact is, he's been given lots of opportunity, multiple warnings, and been told to at least respond to offers and/or inform people if he isn't making moves by putting it in his team title/description, etc.. He had options and opportunity, and he didn't prevail himself of either.
matt59 a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2017 à 18 h 59
Quoting: ricochetii

We are only representing the community, as we are put in place to do. I'm confident the majority of the GM's would vote to replace him, as he has not maintained an open line of communication with many of them. I appreciate that you consider different aspects Matt and were willing to seek alternative solutions. At the end of discussion, we simply have to arrive at a practical solution that we feel is in the best interest of the majority.

Sabres can be given the option of becoming an assistant to Mhockey, who seems like he would be okay with that arrangement.

Fact is, he's been given lots of opportunity, multiple warnings, and been told to at least respond to offers and/or inform people if he isn't making moves by putting it in his team title/description, etc.. He had options and opportunity, and he didn't prevail himself of either.

Exactly. Its not the first warning he's had.......Even if he still struggles to find the time due to his daughter, he should acknowledge that that takes much of his time and let someone else take over.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 3
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,092
Just a quick note, I might not be available again tonight. I'm going to process pick trades before I take off and I'll try to check in on the selection thread once it's posted, but there shouldn't be an issue. I'm 3rd overall, so the draft won't get far enough for something to go spectacularly wrong before my turn anyway. If not tonight sometime, I'll check in the morning. Everything needed should be in the Entry Draft discussion thread, and I'm sure you guys can handle any questions.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Just a quick note, I might not be available again tonight. I'm going to process pick trades before I take off and I'll try to check in on the selection thread once it's posted, but there shouldn't be an issue. I'm 3rd overall, so the draft won't get far enough for something to go spectacularly wrong before my turn anyway. If not tonight sometime, I'll check in the morning. Everything needed should be in the Entry Draft discussion thread, and I'm sure you guys can handle any questions.

Ok sounds good, I'll probably be able to stay up late enough that I'll try to answer any questions if they pop up smile
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 27

rico when he comes back.....laugh

giphy.gif
l9guysports, Zach, matt59 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 5
I understand you guys are all frustrated and I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to be more active and I know it hasn't been going great so far due to my situation. I submitted my picks\preference list, but if you guys want to give someone else my job for the draft I'd understand. I would still like to be the GM of the Sabres though because I still enjoy playing. Sorry for the inconvenience.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Quoting: sabresfan915
I understand you guys are all frustrated and I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to be more active and I know it hasn't been going great so far due to my situation. I submitted my picks\preference list, but if you guys want to give someone else my job for the draft I'd understand. I would still like to be the GM of the Sabres though because I still enjoy playing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's ok, would you be willing to accept an assistant role with the Sabres? Therefore you could have say in the deals, while not having to keep up with as rigorous of time commitments. Again, I hope all is well with you and your family and that your daughter's health is improving. I'm sorry that we're basically trying to bump you from your position, but thank you for understanding. I will still publish the reasoning letter I'm typing up right now so that we all can be on the same page as to why we've decided on this.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 46

It's ok, would you be willing to accept an assistant role with the Sabres? Therefore you could have say in the deals, while not having to keep up with as rigorous of time commitments. Again, I hope all is well with you and your family and that your daughter's health is improving. I'm sorry that we're basically trying to bump you from your position, but thank you for understanding. I will still publish the reasoning letter I'm typing up right now so that we all can be on the same page as to why we've decided on this.

Yeah I guess I would be okay with that. As long as I still have a say in trades and signings.
25 mai 2017 à 19 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yeah I guess I would be okay with that. As long as I still have a say in trades and signings.

Ok sounds good. Here's the letter I just finished typing up:

Dear sabresfan,

It is with regret that I inform you that the Board of General Managers has voted to demote you to assistant GM of the Buffalo Sabres, with mhockey91 being appointed as the head general manager of the team. In this post, the reasons for this decision will be outlined and explained.

First and foremost, I hope everything is well with your daughter. You expressed earlier on that her health issues were ongoing and that this was a reason for your inactivity. Given that your daughter’s health issues are your first priority, it is for the best that you step down to a lower managerial role that still has influence on the team. This allows you to have greater peace of mind at home, while still being able to get in on the fun of the GM game when you’re available. This also allows you to be able to spend the time with her that she deserves instead of being forced to GM a team sparingly just to keep up with the activity requirements.

Secondly, while you have met the basic activity requirements, trade offers seem to pile up on your page very frequently, with some getting no response. By being an assistant and handing over the reigns to mhockey91, you can still field offers whenever you have time, while still allowing the rest of the game to flow well, and offers to be properly considered in a timely manner. Please understand that offers backing up has a significant impact on how other GMs make their moves.

Collectively as a group, the Board has come to the conclusion that in the best interest of all parties involved, it is best for you, the game, and the rest of the GMs, that you become assistant to the team, and allow Mhockey to have primary control of the team. You guys are more than welcome to come up with an agreement as to both of you agreeing on deals before making a trade or some agreement like that if you both want to do that. As Board members, we have to take actions that are in the best interests of the GM game a whole, and I regret that it conflicts with your time demands. In the future, you can become head GM again, perhaps a co-gm setup with Mhockey, provided that your activity levels increase and you participate in trade and negotiation discussions more frequently.

Again, I hope your daughter’s health is improving and that you and your entire family has good health and happiness in the near future. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the Board members, we will be happy to discuss with you.

Sincerely,
The Board of General Managers
25 mai 2017 à 20 h 6

Dear sabresfan,

It is with regret that I inform you that the Board of General Managers has voted to demote you to assistant GM of the Buffalo Sabres, with mhockey91 being appointed as the head general manager of the team. In this post, the reasons for this decision will be outlined and explained.

First and foremost, I hope everything is well with your daughter. You expressed earlier on that her health issues were ongoing and that this was a reason for your inactivity. Given that your daughter’s health issues are your first priority, it is for the best that you step down to a lower managerial role that still has influence on the team. This allows you to have greater peace of mind at home, while still being able to get in on the fun of the GM game when you’re available. This also allows you to be able to spend the time with her that she deserves instead of being forced to GM a team sparingly just to keep up with the activity requirements.

Secondly, while you have met the basic activity requirements, trade offers seem to pile up on your page very frequently, with some getting no response. By being an assistant and handing over the reigns to mhockey91, you can still field offers whenever you have time, while still allowing the rest of the game to flow well, and offers to be properly considered in a timely manner. Please understand that offers backing up has a significant impact on how other GMs make their moves.

Collectively as a group, the Board has come to the conclusion that in the best interest of all parties involved, it is best for you, the game, and the rest of the GMs, that you become assistant to the team, and allow Mhockey to have primary control of the team. You guys are more than welcome to come up with an agreement as to both of you agreeing on deals before making a trade or some agreement like that if you both want to do that. As Board members, we have to take actions that are in the best interests of the GM game a whole, and I regret that it conflicts with your time demands. In the future, you can become head GM again, perhaps a co-gm setup with Mhockey, provided that your activity levels increase and you participate in trade and negotiation discussions more frequently.

Again, I hope your daughter’s health is improving and that you and your entire family has good health and happiness in the near future. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the Board members, we will be happy to discuss with you.

Sincerely,

Alright.

I just want to make it clear that I wasn't not responding because I didn't care. My sick daughter along with a full time job restricted me from being as active as I would've liked to be. Whenever I had the time I would love being on this site because it is an escape. I do understand everyone's frustration though and will accept my demotion.
25 mai 2017 à 20 h 10
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222

Dear sabresfan,

Sincerely,

Alright.

I just want to make it clear that I wasn't not responding because I didn't care. My sick daughter along with a full time job restricted me from being as active as I would've liked to be. Whenever I had the time I would love being on this site because it is an escape. I do understand everyone's frustration though and will accept my demotion.

Thanks for being so great about this, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we hope your daughter gets feeling better really soon and everything gets back to normal for you and your family.

You have my best wishes and prayers.
nobody a aimé ceci.
25 mai 2017 à 20 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Dear sabresfan,

Sincerely,

Alright.

I completely understand and didn't want the letter to come across with an accusatory or careless tone. I'm really sorry that we came to the decision we did, but like Zach said, you have my thoughts and prayers and I want to thank you for being cooperative throughout the entire process. You're a great guy and I wish you all the best.
25 mai 2017 à 22 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Going to cover a few things with this post.

- Draft Pick selection thread has been posted. There is to be no commentary on that thread. Read through all of the posted info so that we all know how to monitor the thread and are clear on what our responsibilities are regarding conducting the draft. Link to Draft Pick selection thread: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/64172
- mhockey91 is officially the Sabres head GM. Sabresfan915 is officially the assistant GM of the team. Mhockey91 will be notified to create the buffalo team ASAP.
- We can start finalizing discussion of free agency as soon as tomorrow when we have down time between draft picks. Rico's idea is the foundation for free agency. From there we will attempt to build a complete free agency system.
- and lastly, GO SENATORS!!!!!
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 23
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651

- Draft Pick selection thread has been posted. There is to be no commentary on that thread. Read through all of the posted info so that we all know how to monitor the thread and are clear on what our responsibilities are regarding conducting the draft. Link to Draft Pick selection thread: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/64172
- mhockey91 is officially the Sabres head GM. Sabresfan915 is officially the assistant GM of the team. Mhockey91 will be notified to create the buffalo team ASAP.
- We can start finalizing discussion of free agency as soon as tomorrow when we have down time between draft picks. Rico's idea is the foundation for free agency. From there we will attempt to build a complete free agency system.

2 things: The BUF GM hasn't been a week without being on yet, and in case you didn't notice you didn't post anything about the draft pick thread in the news and important information thread.
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

2 things: The BUF GM hasn't been a week without being on yet, and in case you didn't notice you didn't post anything about the draft pick thread in the news and important information thread.

Buffalo GM has already been by and we all agreed to terms on that. Draft pick selection thread will be posted in important info thread once now, didn't want to post it too early such that people jumped in without knowing what they were doing on that thread.
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 32
Black Lives Matter

Buffalo GM has already been by and we all agreed to terms on that. Draft pick selection thread will be posted in important info thread once now, didn't want to post it too early such that people jumped in without knowing what they were doing on that thread.

okay, so do i add mhockey91 as the BUF GM and Sabresfan915 as the assistant?
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yes, correct. Mhockey has yet to officially set up the AGM page for Buffalo, but he has been given the go to do so. Keep the link for the current buffalo thread for now, but be ready to change it tomorrow probably.
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 35
Black Lives Matter

Yes, correct. Mhockey has yet to officially set up the AGM page for Buffalo, but he has been given the go to do so. Keep the link for the current buffalo thread for now, but be ready to change it tomorrow probably.

ok
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 53
Black Lives Matter
okay, i made my pick. Can i sign Patrick to a contract?
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yes, you can sign Patrick to a contract, and his selection has been officially confirmed in the Selection Tracker.
26 mai 2017 à 0 h 59
Black Lives Matter

Yes, you can sign Patrick to a contract, and his selection has been officially confirmed in the Selection Tracker.

okay, so 3 years, 925K per?
26 mai 2017 à 1 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

okay, so 3 years, 925K per?

Based on technicality, since none of our draft picks will have signed in real life, sign patrick to a $900,250 AAV for 3 years. If this changes for the draft we will let you know.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage