Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #28 - Oilers are a Wagon

11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 44
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,694
Quoting: Saskleaf
2nd in what way?

Biased to Toronto, brags about them. Toronto is the only team in Canada that has tsn and sportsnet as they're tv streamers. Other teams have just 1.
MTL: TSN OTT: TSN WPG: TSN CGY: Sportsnet EDM: Sportsnet VAN: Sportsnet Leafs: TSN & Sportsnet.
It shows you something
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 48
God bless everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,319
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Biased to Toronto, brags about them. Toronto is the only team in Canada that has tsn and sportsnet as they're tv streamers. Other teams have just 1.
MTL: TSN OTT: TSN WPG: TSN CGY: Sportsnet EDM: Sportsnet VAN: Sportsnet Leafs: TSN & Sportsnet.
It shows you something

Sure they focus on the leafs. It’s a business thing. Most people would watch leafs games over any other team.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 51
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,706
Quoting: justaBoss
Exactly

I would make this my flair but sadly it's one letter too long.

Spaces are for the weak
Just use “SleepIs4theWeak
Saskleaf, justaBoss, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 53
Ex Nucks fan
Sure they focus on the leafs. It’s a business thing. Most people would watch leafs games over any other team.

I’m pretty sure there was an Austin Matthews graphic at the end of one Canucks game where it says most goals in a season in franchise history with a Canucks background. Austin Matthews, Vancouver Canuck legend somehow made a cameo after one of vancouvers games
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 54
God bless everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,319
Quoting: Juiceman
I’m pretty sure there was an Austin Matthews graphic at the end of one Canucks game where it says most goals in a season in franchise history with a Canucks background. Austin Matthews, Vancouver Canuck legend somehow made a cameo after one of vancouvers games

Lol.
Juiceman et zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 0 h 13
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Everybody else aware that Mats Zuccarello is currently outscoring Pastrnak, Jason Robertson, Forsberg, Guentzel, Reinhart, Kreider & Svechnikov (along with Victor Hedman and Adam Fox)?
Devil, DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 0 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,490
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Everybody else aware that Mats Zuccarello is currently outscoring Pastrnak, Jason Robertson, Forsberg, Guentzel, Reinhart, Kreider & Svechnikov (along with Victor Hedman and Adam Fox)?

Thats surprising

Career year at the age of 34

Must help playing on a line with Kaprizov
DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 0 h 43
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,538

Career year at 34 lol

Pavelski syndrome
DucharmetheDOMinator, BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 10
v5 Minnesota GM

Also, whenever they telecast a game, when the other team scores, the camera goes on Matthews. Time and time again.
Like when the habs scored on Saturday. Before they showed the highlights, they showed some leaf or some Matthews highlight. Nothing against the leafs, but I hate how tsn and sportsnet are biased to the leafs, and just be consistent and not talk about the leafs 9/10 times at the intermission. Also today sportsnet told the story about the kid with the nick suzuki puck and busted lip. Sportsnet told the story based on what MLSE said, and not what the parents said, they also specified that the kid left "on his own power". Which is not what the parents said.
Sometimes these things just annoy me. Nothing against the (good ) leaf fans, and the leafs tho
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 15
v5 Minnesota GM
Ah, Dallas-Tampa. The classic game to watch with my bro (since he's a Tampa fan)

*goes check when the game is on our time*

4.30 AM?

F*CK

What happened in the 2020 cup final?
LMAO
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 26
v5 Minnesota GM
Haha

Here, I just made Matthews to the habs: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3192340

Habs reject both anyways
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 28
v5 Minnesota GM

He's legit
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 29
Thank you Pavelski
What happened in the 2020 cup final?
LMAO

Both of us were pretty happy campers.

He got the won he was waiting, I was happy to see my team doing well above expectations. I was disappointed after the finals but I couldn't have been too mad.

You could say we lost the cup against the best possible opponent, because I've got nothing against Tampa.
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 34
v5 Minnesota GM
Both of us were pretty happy campers.

He got the won he was waiting, I was happy to see my team doing well above expectations. I was disappointed after the finals but I couldn't have been too mad.

You could say we lost the cup against the best possible opponent, because I've got nothing against Tampa.

Same by me for the Habs.
But it's tough to see a team lose in the final, and lose 50% of that group, and start from scratch. And you have to realize that another great chance like that probably will only come in minimum 5 years. I try not to process that info, because it just makes me sadder. As when I watch the habs playoff recap, it just makes me so sad. As right now, it's as if we got eliminated in the first round. And we lost the cup. But, maybe in the future I will think of it as a win of 3 rounds. ( I'll only think that when the habs win their 25th)
justaBoss et zk97 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 1 h 40
Ex Nucks fan
Same by me for the Habs.
But it's tough to see a team lose in the final, and lose 50% of that group, and start from scratch. And you have to realize that another great chance like that probably will only come in minimum 5 years. I try not to process that info, because it just makes me sadder. As when I watch the habs playoff recap, it just makes me so sad. As right now, it's as if we got eliminated in the first round. And we lost the cup. But, maybe in the future I will think of it as a win of 3 rounds. ( I'll only think that when the habs win their 25th)

At least you have your Carey Price to continue carrying the team this year

Wait…
justaBoss, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 2 h 20
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,670
Lmao in its latest roster update EA added the woman goalie who played for the Gatineau Olympiques in the QMJHL recently. I drafted her in 2022, medium starter potential still.
DucharmetheDOMinator, justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 2 h 50
v5 Minnesota GM
https://twitter.com/kgnugent1/status/1513340605589565448?s=20&t=0FLHB-qX1olQAF5anC5Ujw
Captain Nick
So cute and funny
12 avr. 2022 à 3 h 11
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,973
If Ottawa hypothetically won 1st overall, and Arizona didn’t win a lottery pick and wound up choosing 4th (I guess that would assume they slightly edge out Montreal and finish 2nd last), how much would Ottawa need to add to a 1oa for Guenther + 4oa trade? I feel like Arizona really needs a high end centre (Hayton didn’t turn out as planned and their only good prospects are Guenther + Soderstrom tbh, everyone else is lower end or boom/bust fliers) and they won’t get that at 4oa this draft (some drafts are deep at C, like 2019 where you had Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, and Dach all available after the top 2 are off the board, but this year you have Wright/Cooley likely going top 2 and then guys like Geekie, Savoie, or Nazar who project as either 2Cs or NHL wingers). Arizona is also not guaranteed a top 2/3 pick next year, so Bedard or Fantilli isn’t a lock (I’m not really sure how good the C crop is starting at 4oa behind those 2 elite prospects + Michkov).

Do you think Arizona would be interested in trading up to lock in a long term 1C/potential future captain that can step right in and help them be at least watchable next year in their new building? What would Ottawa need to add? I’m thinking 1-2 assets like our 2nd (38oa), Brannstrom (Swedish connection with Soderstrom?), Jarventie, or Greig.
12 avr. 2022 à 5 h 28
Thank you Pavelski
Quoting: Alfie11
If Ottawa hypothetically won 1st overall, and Arizona didn’t win a lottery pick and wound up choosing 4th (I guess that would assume they slightly edge out Montreal and finish 2nd last), how much would Ottawa need to add to a 1oa for Guenther + 4oa trade? I feel like Arizona really needs a high end centre (Hayton didn’t turn out as planned and their only good prospects are Guenther + Soderstrom tbh, everyone else is lower end or boom/bust fliers) and they won’t get that at 4oa this draft (some drafts are deep at C, like 2019 where you had Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, and Dach all available after the top 2 are off the board, but this year you have Wright/Cooley likely going top 2 and then guys like Geekie, Savoie, or Nazar who project as either 2Cs or NHL wingers). Arizona is also not guaranteed a top 2/3 pick next year, so Bedard or Fantilli isn’t a lock (I’m not really sure how good the C crop is starting at 4oa behind those 2 elite prospects + Michkov).

Do you think Arizona would be interested in trading up to lock in a long term 1C/potential future captain that can step right in and help them be at least watchable next year in their new building? What would Ottawa need to add? I’m thinking 1-2 assets like our 2nd (38oa), Brannstrom (Swedish connection with Soderstrom?), Jarventie, or Greig.

So lemme get this straight.

OTT wins the draft but makes this kind of offer for ARI

Arizona Coyotes
1st overall pick (Shane Wright)
Erik Brännström
Ridly Greig

Ottawa Senators
4th overall pick (likely Juraj Slafkovsky, assuming that MTL or SEA ends up behind ARI in the standings)
Dylan Guenther

At this form, yes I think the deal might be acceptable. ARI really needs themselves a 1C.
SevenLeg et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 28
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,518
One of Power/Dahlin is gonna play RD. Sabres will have the best top pair in the league in 2 years. Will rival teows/makar and weegar/ekblad
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 41
Thank you Pavelski
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
One of Power/Dahlin is gonna play RD. Sabres will have the best top pair in the league in 2 years. Will rival teows/makar and weegar/ekblad

For that to happen Power's gotta become better than Toews and Weegar and that's a tall order.
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 42
For that to happen Power's gotta become better than Toews and Weegar and that's a tall order.

Sure is...but that's the expectation no?
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 44
Thank you Pavelski
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Sure is...but that's the expectation no?

Not really. If you expect a player to become a top 10 player of his position or even higher than that you're often going to set yourself for a disappointment.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 50
Not really. If you expect a player to become a top 10 player of his position or even higher than that you're often going to set yourself for a disappointment.

Yea, I just mean that's why I draft a player first overall.
12 avr. 2022 à 6 h 55
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,670

I don't think it's that far-fetched in a couple of years for a prospect with Power's pedigree.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage