Forums/Armchair-GM

Price

Créé par: Campabee
Équipe: 2021-22 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 11 déc. 2021
Publié: 11 déc. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Avs fans won't like it but personally IDC, this is about making Montreal better not appeasing Avs fans.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Girard, Samuel
  2. Kuemper, Darcy
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (COL)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (COL)
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Chiarot, Ben (1 750 000 $ retained)
MTL
PIT
  1. Byron, Paul (1 700 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Playoff team looking for depth
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $64 937 977 $597 561 $1 475 000 $16 562 023 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 4
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
C
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 6
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 déc. 2021 à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,437
Quoting: Xqb15a
Binnington isn’t elite, ffs he was in loan in the AHL in January when STL had nobody else to play. Bishop didn’t play for the Stars, who played the Avs in game 7 w/their 3rd string goal tender 3 AHL dmen in the line up and Landeskog out yet COL had the lead w/5 minutes left in that game. Holtby wasn’t even the starter at the beginning of the playoffs and they just turned to him in desperation after going down 2-0. The fact Murray AND Fleury won Cups w/PIT says more about PIT then being elite with Fleury having to be Murray’s back up. Rinne didn’t even win a Cup. But I will give you Vasilevsky and Rask.

Binnington is better than most give him credit for, you obviously have a bias towards the Avs if you think that goaltending didn't factor into their losing and they STILL wouldn't have won the cup even with their stater in net cause he just wasn't that good. The Avs weren't beating Tampa with Grubeaur and still won't with Keumper. I guess they will just have to keep getting 1st or 2nd round exits with Sakic if they don't want to upgrade their goal tending. Sub par goal tending = sub par results see Toronto and Edmonton and Colorado for that matter over the last 4 years.
11 déc. 2021 à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Huh, i thought this was about the habs and aves. Cant help yourself eh?
So bunched up undies aside, what's more likely. Kuemper bouncing back after a rough start or carey price not being a giant blunder like everyone but habs fans thinks?

Price all day long!
11 déc. 2021 à 17 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,376
Quoting: Campabee
Price all day long!

Always bet on the goalie who may never even play again
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2021 à 17 h 36
Démarrer sujet

He is already back on the ice so that shows what your opinion and knowledge are worth
11 déc. 2021 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,376
He is already back on the ice so that shows what your opinion and knowledge are worth

oh wow, on the ice eh? like Ben Bishop? Yeah, that's why i said "may not". Jeez, try harder dude.
If Price was half as good as you pretend he is, or half as guaranteed to be amazing as you pretend he is then there wouldnt be 30 AGM's a day from Habs fans trying to pawn him off on colorado or edmonton
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2021 à 18 h 33
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,039
Binnington is better than most give him credit for, you obviously have a bias towards the Avs if you think that goaltending didn't factor into their losing and they STILL wouldn't have won the cup even with their stater in net cause he just wasn't that good. The Avs weren't beating Tampa with Grubeaur and still won't with Keumper. I guess they will just have to keep getting 1st or 2nd round exits with Sakic if they don't want to upgrade their goal tending. Sub par goal tending = sub par results see Toronto and Edmonton and Colorado for that matter over the last 4 years.

So a healthy Grubauer doesn’t make a difference 2 seasons ago. A bull **** suspension of 8 games to Kadri last year didn’t make a difference against VGK last year when Reeves gets 2 games after admitting on ice he was trying to hurt Graves and had a chunk of his hair in his hand? To sit there and say goal tending is the only issue the Avs faced is a joke. 5 seasons ago they were a 48pt team. Should Grubauer have been better last year hell yeah especially in game 6, but what did MAF after winning that series? And to sit there and say the Avs won’t win with Kuemper is asinine because it’s freaking December he’s on a new team playing a new system to him time will be the ultimate test.

As for Binnington 🙄. Dude is 0-9 in the playoffs since that magical run when STL was dead last in the NHL in January? Think there is a book on how to beat him, yeah just a bit.

But thinking over paying on a 34yr old Price with a monster contract is ridiculous. Every team has to learn to win TBL had to or did you forget the 1st rd exits to teams like CBJ.

Now I always try to be honest, and yeah I’m a loyal Avs fan, do I have concerns about Kuemper? Yeah so far I do. But I’ve watched him keep an inept AZ team close to the playoffs for years, I’ve watched him shrug of bad goals and shut teams down. Sakic may have made a mistake but he paid a pretty steep price for him (not nearly the ridiculous price suggested here for Price) and the Avs are going to ride or die with him this season and the only way they trade for a starter is if he is hurt and out for the season.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2021 à 19 h 9
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,749

It's pretty incredible how clueless Habs fans are about the real value of their players. These trades are a million miles from reality.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 8 h 38
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,512
So a healthy Grubauer doesn’t make a difference 2 seasons ago. A bull **** suspension of 8 games to Kadri last year didn’t make a difference against VGK last year when Reeves gets 2 games after admitting on ice he was trying to hurt Graves and had a chunk of his hair in his hand? To sit there and say goal tending is the only issue the Avs faced is a joke. 5 seasons ago they were a 48pt team. Should Grubauer have been better last year hell yeah especially in game 6, but what did MAF after winning that series? And to sit there and say the Avs won’t win with Kuemper is asinine because it’s freaking December he’s on a new team playing a new system to him time will be the ultimate test.

As for Binnington 🙄. Dude is 0-9 in the playoffs since that magical run when STL was dead last in the NHL in January? Think there is a book on how to beat him, yeah just a bit.

But thinking over paying on a 34yr old Price with a monster contract is ridiculous. Every team has to learn to win TBL had to or did you forget the 1st rd exits to teams like CBJ.

Now I always try to be honest, and yeah I’m a loyal Avs fan, do I have concerns about Kuemper? Yeah so far I do. But I’ve watched him keep an inept AZ team close to the playoffs for years, I’ve watched him shrug of bad goals and shut teams down. Sakic may have made a mistake but he paid a pretty steep price for him (not nearly the ridiculous price suggested here for Price) and the Avs are going to ride or die with him this season and the only way they trade for a starter is if he is hurt and out for the season.

TB had one first round exit in 19. Scf in 15 evf16,18so that 19was an anomaly
12 déc. 2021 à 10 h 3
Démarrer sujet

Kadri was a repeat offender who deserved that suspension, he is a very skilled player but has a short temper. There was also a history of getting suspended in the playoffs so the Avs should have realized that was a good possibility. It's not asinine to say that the Avs won't win with Keumper, goalies who change teams have very little to learn in the way of the systems, they are not position players who have different responsibilities in different situations. Sure there are certain things to learn like where players are going to be when he gets the puck behind the net and such but not too much is system related. We are almost 30 games into the season if he isn't beating the mid their teams regularly he isn't going to do it down the stretch and into the playoffs. Keumper has a 2.87 GAA and .904 sv% in 17 games with an Avs team who are widely regarded as having one of the top 5 defenses in the league. The Avs definitely need an upgrade in goal.

I think you actually mean he is 1-8 since in order to play 5 games in 2019-20 he had to win a game. That aside, he faced 28 shots per game in those 5 games and the next year in his 4 games he faced 35 shots per game. That is more indicative of a weak defensive team than a bad goalie. Teams that give up almost 30 shots per game rarely win playoff series, I don't see how that is on a goalie, it's not like he can control which end the puck is in even if they allowed 6 goals a game they also scored at a 4.4 goals per game pace so that entire series wide open early season esk play style and everyone had been off for months before the play-ins. In 19-20 if the Blues had played better defensively they may have won that series but even if you want to blame the goalie, sometimes they just have a bad year. As for last year, the Blues allowed 35 shots per game and only scored 7 goals over 4 games. Tough for even the most elite goalies to win in those situations. I mean goalies don't score goals
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 12 h 46
Kadri was a repeat offender who deserved that suspension, he is a very skilled player but has a short temper. There was also a history of getting suspended in the playoffs so the Avs should have realized that was a good possibility. It's not asinine to say that the Avs won't win with Keumper, goalies who change teams have very little to learn in the way of the systems, they are not position players who have different responsibilities in different situations. Sure there are certain things to learn like where players are going to be when he gets the puck behind the net and such but not too much is system related. We are almost 30 games into the season if he isn't beating the mid their teams regularly he isn't going to do it down the stretch and into the playoffs. Keumper has a 2.87 GAA and .904 sv% in 17 games with an Avs team who are widely regarded as having one of the top 5 defenses in the league. The Avs definitely need an upgrade in goal.

I think you actually mean he is 1-8 since in order to play 5 games in 2019-20 he had to win a game. That aside, he faced 28 shots per game in those 5 games and the next year in his 4 games he faced 35 shots per game. That is more indicative of a weak defensive team than a bad goalie. Teams that give up almost 30 shots per game rarely win playoff series, I don't see how that is on a goalie, it's not like he can control which end the puck is in even if they allowed 6 goals a game they also scored at a 4.4 goals per game pace so that entire series wide open early season esk play style and everyone had been off for months before the play-ins. In 19-20 if the Blues had played better defensively they may have won that series but even if you want to blame the goalie, sometimes they just have a bad year. As for last year, the Blues allowed 35 shots per game and only scored 7 goals over 4 games. Tough for even the most elite goalies to win in those situations. I mean goalies don't score goals

Come on, Kadri gets 8 for a hit during the play not saying he doesn’t deserve something but Reeves gets an intent to injure and admits he was trying to hurt him and gets 2 games? That wouldn’t have anything to do w/him rep-ing for Parros wife’s clothing company.

Yeah the Avs have a good d-Corp when it’s healthy but they have 12th most gaa year to to date because of all the injuries including to Kuemper. They have played 21 different forwards, 9 different dman forgive me if I’m not going to pull the plug on a guy after 17 games after giving up a 1st and top prospect.

Bro Binnington is 0-9 because the play in game counted and he lost. Sub .900 save percentage and the guy in each of the last 2 years has lost his mind in the playoffs.

All that aside, I want to say thank you. We don’t see eye to eye on stuff but I’ll take arguing about hockey with somebody passionate about it any day of the week.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 13 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Come on, Kadri gets 8 for a hit during the play not saying he doesn’t deserve something but Reeves gets an intent to injure and admits he was trying to hurt him and gets 2 games? That wouldn’t have anything to do w/him rep-ing for Parros wife’s clothing company.

Yeah the Avs have a good d-Corp when it’s healthy but they have 12th most gaa year to to date because of all the injuries including to Kuemper. They have played 21 different forwards, 9 different dman forgive me if I’m not going to pull the plug on a guy after 17 games after giving up a 1st and top prospect.

Bro Binnington is 0-9 because the play in game counted and he lost. Sub .900 save percentage and the guy in each of the last 2 years has lost his mind in the playoffs.

All that aside, I want to say thank you. We don’t see eye to eye on stuff but I’ll take arguing about hockey with somebody passionate about it any day of the week.

I don't disagree really on the premise of Keumpers numbers so far with the Avs as being mostly injury related Montreal has had a similar issue this season lol. The issue for me is the same one I had when Montreal acquired Dvorak, everyone saw him as a good 2C option even though his numbers were 3C stats throughout his career. Everyone said Dvorak on the Habs would easily put up 65+ points, it was because he was on a bad team that his point totals were so low. The same thing was and is being said about Keumper, I never liked the Dvorak trade for the Habs and didn't see how he was going to make such an enormous jump. I like the Avs I really do and if the Habs can't win, I would love to see the Avs do it cause I was always a huge Foppa fan. I just don't see keumper as the guy, maybe I am wrong (hopefully I am).
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 14 h 47
I don't disagree really on the premise of Keumpers numbers so far with the Avs as being mostly injury related Montreal has had a similar issue this season lol. The issue for me is the same one I had when Montreal acquired Dvorak, everyone saw him as a good 2C option even though his numbers were 3C stats throughout his career. Everyone said Dvorak on the Habs would easily put up 65+ points, it was because he was on a bad team that his point totals were so low. The same thing was and is being said about Keumper, I never liked the Dvorak trade for the Habs and didn't see how he was going to make such an enormous jump. I like the Avs I really do and if the Habs can't win, I would love to see the Avs do it cause I was always a huge Foppa fan. I just don't see keumper as the guy, maybe I am wrong (hopefully I am).

Yeah, I think Sakic got painted in a bit of a corner with Grubauer getting probably a $1M more than he wanted to go and Andersson signing in CAR. I do think Kuemper is better than Grubauer but I do think one of his adjustments has been COL will dominate possession for a stretch then inevitably the other team gets a break away or PP and it takes him time to get back in the groove because it was basically a constant barrage of shots in AZ. Agree with you a 100% about Dvorak I was a little surprised MTL did chase a center with more offense.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2022 à 14 h 57
No longer a Virgin
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
What Avs fans don't realize is that they need an elite goalie to be serious contenders. Hell they need an elite goalie just to make the conference finals. When was the last time a league average goalie even made the SCF's? Championship teams are built from the net out not with elite forwards and an average goalie. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Look at the last 10 SCF teams what do they all have in common? Elite goalies on both sides. Tampa Vasilevsky, Montreal Price, Tampa Vasilevsky, Dallas Bishop, St Louis Binnington, Boston Rask, Vegas Fleury, Washington Holtby, Pittsburgh Murray, Nashville Rinne. I guess you could argue that Rask and Murray were league average or slightly above but they both played lights out those years as well. So if you think you can win solely with elite forwards and average goal tending the Avs will be the next perennial Leafs or Oilers just look where their elite forwards and average goal tending has gotten them, first or second round exits with no CF appearances. Good luck with that though.

So, this didn't age well
29 juin 2022 à 19 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: stephane_robidas
So, this didn't age well

I was wrong, I can admit it. I am also glad they won.
30 juin 2022 à 13 h 17
No longer a Virgin
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
I was wrong, I can admit it. I am also glad they won.

Me too. So happy to see Lehky raise that cup high.
Campabee a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage