SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Hertl 10

Créé par: CoolHandL
Publié: 9 sept. 2021 à 12 h 4
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 185/186 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a été refusée, car une des équipes excède la limite permise de 50 contrats standards de joueur (SPC)

Logo de Wild du MinnesotaWild du Minnesota

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Rask, VictorWild du MinnesotaLNH-3 978 494 $111---0000--
Greenway, JordanWild du MinnesotaLNH-2 088 709 $111---0000--
Rossi, MarcoExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaMineures-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Wild du MinnesotaMIN)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Hertl, TomasSharks de San JoseLNH-5 594 758 $111---0000--
Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Sharks de San JoseSJS)---010------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial12 214 745 $2146643612
Variation472 445 $-1-2-2-110
Final12 687 190 $ (↑)20 (↓)44 (↓)62 (↓)2 (↓)7 (↑)12000

Logo de Sharks de San JoseSharks de San Jose

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Hertl, TomasSharks de San JoseLNH-5 594 758 $111---0000--
Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Sharks de San JoseSJS)---010------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Rask, VictorWild du MinnesotaLNH-3 978 494 $111---0000--
Greenway, JordanWild du MinnesotaLNH-2 088 709 $111---0000--
Rossi, MarcoExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaMineures-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Wild du MinnesotaMIN)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial3 361 666 $2250683512
Variation-472 445 $1221-10
Final2 889 221 $ (↓)23 (↑)52 (↑)70 (↑)4 (↑)4 (↓)12000
9 sept. 2021 à 12 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,764
SJ takes this in a heartbeat. Good for both teams.
CoolHandL a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 1
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,280
An overpay in the short-term, plus terrible for the Wild's long-term plans. Minnesota declines.
RazWild et Aero_Astro_Guy a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 15 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,824
No way Minny gives up that much.
Aero_Astro_Guy a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2021 à 16 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 280
What if they didn't have to include Greenway? Or perhaps the 1st becomes a 2nd instead
9 sept. 2021 à 16 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,280
Quoting: CoolHandL
What if they didn't have to include Greenway? Or perhaps the 1st becomes a 2nd instead

The problem is not Greenway or the final spot the pick is in. I think most of us aren't comfortable in giving away a blue-chip, elite talent like Rossi for Hertl.
RazWild et Aero_Astro_Guy a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EccE
The problem is not Greenway or the final spot the pick is in. I think most of us aren't comfortable in giving away a blue-chip, elite talent like Rossi for Hertl.

Fair enough. So what would your idea be for a hypothetical Hertl trade? If San Jose is trading him, they would want some kind of high prospect I imagine.
10 sept. 2021 à 11 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Minny says "Oh goodness... Bless your Heart.... No thank you but we appreciate the offer. Say hi to your folks for me." (which is 'Minnesota-Nice' for "Hell no, get the F out of my office").

GMBG has to pretty much become the Billy Beane of NHL GMs for the next few years. He has to find cheap ways to manufacture production. If we review this trade from a cap perspective - Minny is trading two, possibly 3, roster players at roughly 7M AAV (if we include Rossi's salary). They are taking on one player @ 5.5M. That leaves them with 1.5M to fill two additional spots.

Now let's look at production (we'll just use last year's stats). Minny is trading 16G and 39A. Greenway and Rask didn't spend a ton of time on the ice together so I doubt there's much crossover in those numbers. They'd be getting 19G and 24A in return.

So, in terms of 'net gain / loss', Minnesota is trading Rossi and a first for 3G and -15A. Plus, they have to hit the market and find a way to add two additional forwards at league minimum. I don't see that happening.

I really believe the only way Minny trades for a #1 C is if Dumba is involved. They are in a position where the 'NHL cap hit and roster spots' need to be as close to 1:1 as possible. Additionally, I don't see them trading any high-end F or D prospects. Minny REALLY needs as many entry-level contracts on the NHL roster as possible due to their cap situation.

All of that said, I think a more 'realistic' deal would be something like this:

Dumba+(Khak or Wellstedt)+Pick(s)

Dumba is in the deal to free up enough cap space to bring in Hertl. He is definitely an 'offense first' type d-man. Playing with Burns and Karlsson might help get him to the next level. Ironically, he is about the same age as Burns was when Minny traded him to San Jose. Minny got Seto, Coyle and a first. San Jose got the best offensive D-man in the league for the next 5-6 years.

I also think that San Jose would be interested in a high end goaltending prospect. Their situation in net has been 'unstable' for quite some time. I doubt they'd scoff at a potential franchise goalie. Khak and Wellstedt are close enough in age that I don't see Minny holding on to both of them. Then I'm sure there's be an exchange of picks to level out any differences in value.

But, in the end, the NHL roster count and cap hit need to be at 1:1 (or close to it) in order for Minny to make any sort of significant trade.
10 sept. 2021 à 12 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: UncleChucker
Minny says "Oh goodness... Bless your Heart.... No thank you but we appreciate the offer. Say hi to your folks for me." (which is 'Minnesota-Nice' for "Hell no, get the F out of my office").

GMBG has to pretty much become the Billy Beane of NHL GMs for the next few years. He has to find cheap ways to manufacture production. If we review this trade from a cap perspective - Minny is trading two, possibly 3, roster players at roughly 7M AAV (if we include Rossi's salary). They are taking on one player 5.5M. That leaves them with 1.5M to fill two additional spots.

Now let's look at production (we'll just use last year's stats). Minny is trading 16G and 39A. Greenway and Rask didn't spend a ton of time on the ice together so I doubt there's much crossover in those numbers. They'd be getting 19G and 24A in return.

So, in terms of 'net gain / loss', Minnesota is trading Rossi and a first for 3G and -15A. Plus, they have to hit the market and find a way to add two additional forwards at league minimum. I don't see that happening.

I really believe the only way Minny trades for a #1 C is if Dumba is involved. They are in a position where the 'NHL cap hit and roster spots' need to be as close to 1:1 as possible. Additionally, I don't see them trading any high-end F or D prospects. Minny REALLY needs as many entry-level contracts on the NHL roster as possible due to their cap situation.

All of that said, I think a more 'realistic' deal would be something like this:

Dumba+(Khak or Wellstedt)+Pick(s)

Dumba is in the deal to free up enough cap space to bring in Hertl. He is definitely an 'offense first' type d-man. Playing with Burns and Karlsson might help get him to the next level. Ironically, he is about the same age as Burns was when Minny traded him to San Jose. Minny got Seto, Coyle and a first. San Jose got the best offensive D-man in the league for the next 5-6 years.

I also think that San Jose would be interested in a high end goaltending prospect. Their situation in net has been 'unstable' for quite some time. I doubt they'd scoff at a potential franchise goalie. Khak and Wellstedt are close enough in age that I don't see Minny holding on to both of them. Then I'm sure there's be an exchange of picks to level out any differences in value.

But, in the end, the NHL roster count and cap hit need to be at 1:1 (or close to it) in order for Minny to make any sort of significant trade.

I like this assessment. I sure hope that if a goaltender were involved in that kind of trade, that it would involve anyone else other than Wallstedt, sounds like his ceiling is the highest.
UncleChucker a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 13 h 32
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Quoting: EccE

Agreed! I really don't care about giving away Greenway. I wanna see what Rossi develops into. He's gonna get every opportunity to succeed. I'd say the reason they haven't pulled the trigger on a center would be to see where they stand with Rossi. We'll know more come training camp. Can he come in and compete for a 2nd or 3rd center spot or does he need time in Iowa. If it's the latter then I bet you could see MN making a deal for a center later. Money wise also makes sense to keep Rossi. We're gonna have to pay hertl $7-8 million annually to resign him. Rossi will save them a ton with the cap hell they'll be in. We'll have Rossi coming. Then khovanov and that other Russian kid coming eventually. Imagine if those guy pan out and we are able to get Kaprizov to sign a 5 year deal.
CoolHandL a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2021 à 14 h 50
Hockey :)
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Greenway was part of that line that got a lot of offense generated plus the other additions this trade is a no.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage