SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Islanders signed Anthony Beauvillier (3 Years / $4,150,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 sept. 2021 à 15 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: jpsnow13
Sorry but you do not.

You just proved up here your opinion was based on his PPG of his 47 last games, not even a full season. ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ See? Wrong sample😉

I proved my sample based on career points was way better, with numbers supporting it.

Like dude, really, that's how agents do their maths. (yes, yes, advanced stats too🙄, but we dont talk about those 🙏).

You may adopt how it is done IRL, or do your own evaluations looking for whatever stats. But dont be surprised they dont match with real deals.

Replying to the wrong guy. I wasn't the original person. I was adding to the conversation that both should be considered...
1 sept. 2021 à 15 h 19
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
The GM who cheats the cap each of the last 2 seasons ?

Any team can win the Cup with a $100 million salary playoff team.

Then why didn’t Lou?
BCAPP et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,454

There is no salary cap in the playoffs. Lightning won in 2020 with Stamkos only playing 2:47 in the playoffs.
1 sept. 2021 à 15 h 39
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,431
Quoting: BCAPP
Replying to the wrong guy. I wasn't the original person. I was adding to the conversation that both should be considered...

Oh my error. Sorry. That's why it didn't make sense.

Yeah, in Beauvillier's case, there's no real difference between his career points and the last 3 years... all good
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275

The NYI were also over the cap. Close to 90 million.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 15
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Quoting: bhavikp27
There is no salary cap in the playoffs. Lightning won in 2020 with Stamkos only playing 2:47 in the playoffs.

If Stamkos didn't go on the LTIR than Tbay would be force to move multiply key players.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 17
If Stamkos didn't go on the LTIR than Tbay would be force to move multiply key players.

Stamkos was placed on LTIR in April, you're talking about Kucherov. He had a long-term injury, therefore was eligible to be placed on LTIR. You can say the same thing about NYI, they don't have Palmieri and Zajac if Lee isn't on LTIR.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: jpsnow13
Oh my error. Sorry. That's why it didn't make sense.

Yeah, in Beauvillier's case, there's no real difference between his career points and the last 3 years... all good

No problemo.

The very rough way I judge people is I look at last 3 years, last year, full career contextual factors (like linemates, coach's dog house, pp time). And then if under 25 consider likely improvement if mild, if 25-30 expect stability, if over 30, suspect decline.

Thats an oversimplification, but my rough approach
1 sept. 2021 à 17 h 36
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
He's a pretty good player... but he also hasn't improved that much up until this point. What is his ceiling? I know he already signed a bridge deal... but this realistically makes it seem like he's better than he is. Seems like an overpayment and it takes him to UFA
1 sept. 2021 à 18 h 20
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,096
Quoting: vmark
He's a pretty good player... but he also hasn't improved that much up until this point. What is his ceiling? I know he already signed a bridge deal... but this realistically makes it seem like he's better than he is. Seems like an overpayment and it takes him to UFA

Right now he’s a fringe 1st line winger. Ranks 40th in offensive impact among all forwards in the last 3 years
vmark a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 19 h 19
ALjet12
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 315
Quoting: bhavikp27
Stamkos was placed on LTIR in April, you're talking about Kucherov. He had a long-term injury, therefore was eligible to be placed on LTIR. You can say the same thing about NYI, they don't have Palmieri and Zajac if Lee isn't on LTIR.

they also couldn't use Lee in the Playoffs, on the flip side Kucherov shredded everybody in the playoffs by a wide margin.
1 sept. 2021 à 19 h 31
Quoting: ALjet12
they also couldn't use Lee in the Playoffs, on the flip side Kucherov shredded everybody in the playoffs by a wide margin.

Indeed but the main point is there's no cap in the playoffs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage