Forums/Armchair-GM

Looking to contend in 3 or 4 years

Créé par: MelonVK
Équipe: 2021-22 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 9 août 2021
Publié: 9 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I really like Columbus' strategy as of late, and I hope they'll continue on the same path. Offer desirable players to teams for picks, and if necessary take on some cap in the process.

Another trade I thought about is Werenski to Detroit, but that's maybe more realistic in a year or two after they are on track for the playoffs at least. What could a return look like?

Would you be opposed to these trades? Obviously some mid/lower rd picks and conditions could be attached back and forth, but answer in terms of concept!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 250 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
CBJ
  1. Rask, Victor
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Domi, Max (1 300 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de MIN
Logo de TBL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de MIN
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $58 035 029 $0 $3 750 000 $23 464 971 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 838 362 $1 838 362 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
975 000 $975 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance1 550 000 $$2M)
C
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 août 2021 à 11 h 46
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 76
Max domi has zero value, ,and is out most of the year along with being a team cancer. Rask has more value than Domi which is sad. So to say,,wild say no, and keep rask
9 août 2021 à 11 h 47
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,239
The only person of interest to LA in Columbus currently that would involve a Turcotte+ return would be Werenski. No thanks for the headcase that is Laine. The NHL needs to see if he'll rebound out of his past couple of down years, or if that's just the player he is.
tryger a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 11 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,511
No thanks for the Kings, not sure Laine is a good fit for LA.
9 août 2021 à 11 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 977
Quoting: Amakoue
Max domi has zero value, ,and is out most of the year along with being a team cancer. Rask has more value than Domi which is sad. So to say,,wild say no, and keep rask

If you say so. I think they're paying for the upside, but it's really the least impactful trade regardless.
9 août 2021 à 11 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
The only person of interest to LA in Columbus currently that would involve a Turcotte+ return would be Werenski. No thanks for the headcase that is Laine. The NHL needs to see if he'll rebound out of his past couple of down years, or if that's just the player he is.

Quoting: tryger
No thanks for the Kings, not sure Laine is a good fit for LA.

For the record, I wouldn't do this as LA. But also, I would send Werenski for him.

I think they've made moves lately to speed up the rebuild process. I figured maybe getting out of the Quick-contract could help sway them. But I agree Laine needs some serious team building around him in order to be effective, and I don't think he's more than maybe a 5 mil player even when he scores like crazy.
9 août 2021 à 11 h 58
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,771
Turning Jenner into a 1st and a goaltending upgrade would be a big win. I don't think its a worthwhile trade for Edmonton though.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 0
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
I don't think Edmonton would do that deal. At this point they need Koskinen and could let him go only if they acquired a better goaltender, which would likely cost them that 1st round pick.

Maybe there's a deal if a third team is interested in giving up a starting goaltender for a package that includes Jenner, but I suspect the terms would not be as attractive for Columbus.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 3
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 76
Quoting: MelonVK
If you say so. I think they're paying for the upside, but it's really the least impactful trade regardless.

Yes it's the least impactful, but domi is a cancer with 1 year left on his contract which he's going to miss at least half of the season.
- You are talking about a player who played poorly for two years, not strong on the boards, and pouted his way out of Montreal, and took plays off when healthy in Columbus because he was downgraded in the lineup. Wild coach is very much like The coach Columbus just fired , so is wild gm who wants high character players , and players who are Physical, and smart. Rask isn't good but at least valuable at an important c position wild barely have enough of
9 août 2021 à 12 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: CD282
Turning Jenner into a 1st and a goaltending upgrade would be a big win. I don't think its a worthwhile trade for Edmonton though.

Quoting: uphere
I don't think Edmonton would do that deal. At this point they need Koskinen and could let him go only if they acquired a better goaltender, which would likely cost them that 1st round pick.

Maybe there's a deal if a third team is interested in giving up a starting goaltender for a package that includes Jenner, but I suspect the terms would not be as attractive for Columbus.

I tried that with LA instead, but maybe it's more realistic to include Korpisalo in the Edmonton deal. I think there's something there regardless - not only because CBJ have the cap space and goalie depth to make the trade, but also because they have the exact type of depth forwards Edmonton really needs.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: Amakoue
Yes it's the least impactful, but domi is a cancer with 1 year left on his contract which he's going to miss at least half of the season.
- You are talking about a player who played poorly for two years, not strong on the boards, and pouted his way out of Montreal, and took plays off when healthy in Columbus because he was downgraded in the lineup. Wild coach is very much like The coach Columbus just fired , so is wild gm who wants high character players , and players who are Physical, and smart. Rask isn't good but at least valuable at an important c position wild barely have enough of

I actually think Rask is fine. I don't even think he's worse than Domi, he just happens to reduce offense in both directions rather than increase it. But I'm not making these trades based on my own evaluation, cause then there'd almost always be a losing team and no way to complete a deal. But as I said, I didn't think too much about the trade - just thought the Wild would be willing to take a flyer on a guy they could concieve to have in their top 6.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 27
I tried that with LA instead, but maybe it's more realistic to include Korpisalo in the Edmonton deal. I think there's something there regardless - not only because CBJ have the cap space and goalie depth to make the trade, but also because they have the exact type of depth forwards Edmonton really needs.

But why would Edmonton want Korpisalo? They're trying to become a contender, so downgrading their goaltending isn't a good move for them.
uphere a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 51
Simpleton
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502

I think Jenner would be a nice addition for Edmonton, but the trade just doesn't work for the Oilers. Besides they'd have to move Kassian or Yamamoto and play Foegele on RW in order to make room on the roster for Jenner. Holland is not going to trade Yamamoto in order to add Jenner, and he isn't going to dump Kassian either.
Cbzblaze a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 13 h 15
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
La trade seems fine, not sure LA wants Laine though as he is very one dimensional on the ice and needs a bounce back year to get that kind of a return.

EDM trade, not a chance Columbus moves Jenner was was extended like 2 weeks ago, rumblings around the team suggest he will be the next captain or at least a major part of the leadership group.

MIN trade - I don’t see either team making, Domi is out until mid December / early January, and Columbus doesn’t need another defensive minded forward (The picks probably wouldn’t be involved at this point).
9 août 2021 à 16 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
But why would Edmonton want Korpisalo? They're trying to become a contender, so downgrading their goaltending isn't a good move for them.

Yeah again I don't disagree, but also; why would they then ship off Bear? Give Nurse over 9 mil? Extend Barrie at an inflated cap hit? Sign Cody Ceci at all?

I'm not saying I would do it in their position. I do however think me and Ken Holland agree descriptively on what the Oilers issues are. The presriptive part however is speculative - and this is one speculation I had.
9 août 2021 à 16 h 17
Yeah again I don't disagree, but also; why would they then ship off Bear? Give Nurse over 9 mil? Extend Barrie at an inflated cap hit? Sign Cody Ceci at all?

I'm not saying I would do it in their position. I do however think me and Ken Holland agree descriptively on what the Oilers issues are. The presriptive part however is speculative - and this is one speculation I had.

It's a nonsensical speculation though. You don't "fix" a problem by making it worse.
9 août 2021 à 16 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: Ajp_18
La trade seems fine, not sure LA wants Laine though as he is very one dimensional on the ice and needs a bounce back year to get that kind of a return.

EDM trade, not a chance Columbus moves Jenner was was extended like 2 weeks ago, rumblings around the team suggest he will be the next captain or at least a major part of the leadership group.

MIN trade - I don’t see either team making, Domi is out until mid December / early January, and Columbus doesn’t need another defensive minded forward (The picks probably wouldn’t be involved at this point).

Yeah this isn't my evaluation of Laine, it's more a projection of league perception. I also take 2 years of Quick at 5.8 and below .900 into consideration.

Oh. I missed the Jenner extension. I do however think Columbus has too many middle-6 type forwards and should make some type of roster moves to hand more opportunity to the younger group of those players, while also gathering picks / shedding salary for picks.

Sure. If you read my previous comments I would have thought a team like Minnesota would be willing to take a chance on some offensive upside (them being defensively strong). That trade was more about Domi thank Rask, but if he's out it seems unlikely. Maybe if he comes back streaking he'd be an interesting deadline acquisition
9 août 2021 à 16 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
It's a nonsensical speculation though. You don't "fix" a problem by making it worse.

I never said I was out to "fix" the problem. I said "maybe this is something Edmonton and Columbus would do"
9 août 2021 à 16 h 23
I never said I was out to "fix" the problem. I said "maybe this is something Edmonton and Columbus would do"

Thats totally illogical though. Edmonton is trying to get better in the short-term, Columbus isn't. So it doesn't make sense for Edmonton to downgrade at any position for any reason - and they certainly aren't paying do get worse.
9 août 2021 à 16 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Thats totally illogical though. Edmonton is trying to get better in the short-term, Columbus isn't. So it doesn't make sense for Edmonton to downgrade at any position for any reason - and they certainly aren't paying do get worse.

You're missing my point.

Plenty of teams do plenty of things that isn't in accordance with their ambition. I'm saying maybe Holland believes that this is a goaltending upgrade.
9 août 2021 à 16 h 38
You're missing my point.

Plenty of teams do plenty of things that isn't in accordance with their ambition. I'm saying maybe Holland believes that this is a goaltending upgrade.

Maybe. Clearly you do, and I'm here to tell you it's not.
9 août 2021 à 16 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Maybe. Clearly you do, and I'm here to tell you it's not.

"Clearly you do" when I literally said it wasn't.

If you're trying to argue Koskinen is better than Korpisalo - find someone else to do it with. I've literally never said it. In fact I've said the opposite in these comments.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage