Forums/Armchair-GM

My initial approach of rebuilding the Sabres

Créé par: MelonVK
Équipe: 2021-22 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 18 mai 2021
Publié: 18 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I don't think this team is about to turn it around. This is an ACGM made around the premise of accepting that. Otherwise I'd try to sign some lucrative FA's like Coleman and Saad that might get more in Buffalo than elsewere, and are both underrated yet great 1st liners.

I think the way to get the most out of an Eichel trade is to do it 3 ways. One team can hardly part with the required assets, and it might make more sense for two teams to upgrade at C.

Strome had a really good season, he just didn't score a lot of points. Kravtsov has been really good on every level up until the NHL, and I wouldn't be discouraged from some 20-odd games with below average stats - it's pretty typical for rookies, in fact Kravtsov probably did a fair bit better than most rookies.

Maybe Flyers fans feel very strongly about Sanheim over the others? I think he's sneakily their best defenseman, so I wouldn't make this trade if I were them, but if that's consensus, maybe Myers, or another team like Vancouver with Eriksson is an option.
I get the sense on this board that Chicago wants to push for another competitive window with Kane. If they know they have the cap space from Toews that might be possible. Reinhart will both allow them to give it a go now, but also stay with them long-term if it doesn't work out next year. Worst case, they could send Keith too, although I don't get the sense they want to part with him for sentimental reasons. Seabrook is of course an option but will cost a bit on their end.
The Washington trade should seem straight forward - they kind of do what they did with Vrana and Mantha - improve at a position at the cost of futures.
The Rangers have been looking for that serious punch at C, and while parting with Kravtsov might hurt the West-Russian empire they're building - adding Kuznetsov will help. They have tons of young, talented wingers regardless. I'm not sure how they'd view this but it's assuming the pick is 15 oa. Any higher and it'd have to be reworked.

As for the team itself, Olofsson should not play meaningful minutes at 5on5.
Eakin is in contention for the worst player in the league. He shouldn't play at all unless you're tanking hard.
Kravstov, Bjork and Asplund, along with the young trio at C gets to rotate with a cast of veteran wingers. Hopefully one of them regains form - I assume this will be Skinner since his underlying numbers are really good. Jeff is playing defensively solid hockey and I would expect scoring to come if he's not dragged down by 4th liners. Regardless, this hopefully provides some developmental help for the youngsters.

This leaves you with plenty of break-out potential, a really interesting non-roster top line, and a plethora of draft picks. If Buffalo wants to rebuild seriously I'd consider a route like this.

Let me know how I've somehow gotten too little and too much for Eichel at the same time down below. Thanks for reading!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
3875 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
35 000 000 $
33 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
64 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
34 250 000 $
53 350 000 $
Transactions
BUF
  1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
  2. Lapierre, Hendrix
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (ARI)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (WSH)
BUF
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NYR)
BUF
  1. Connolly, Brett
  2. Strome, Dylan
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (CHI)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Reinhart, Sam [Droits de RFA]
BUF
  1. Sanheim, Travis [Droits de RFA]
  2. Voracek, Jakub
Détails additionnels:
Cap space for a bigger move? maybe I'm reading the flyers wrong, but I think they want a push before Couts is up and Giroux gets slow
PHI
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus (2 700 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BUF
Logo de NYR
Logo de BUF
Logo de BOS
Logo de CHI
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de ARI
Logo de BUF
Logo de MTL
Logo de BUF
Logo de COL
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de WSH
Logo de BUF
Logo de CHI
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $75 603 083 $113 916 $1 782 500 $5 896 917 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 3
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 050 000 $3 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
G
UFA - 4
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
G
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
Think we’d be better off avoiding the druggy. No reason to add that to a locker room full of kids.
GoodIdeaAtTheTime a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 19
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,041
The Sabres could get much better deals for both Eichel and Reinhart. Ullmark isnt coming back if theyre gone as well, and theres a 1,000,000% chance Pilut isnt terminating his KHL contract to take less to come back to a worse Sabre team. Why is Olofsson on the 4th line
Tjm220 et GoodIdeaAtTheTime a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 977
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Think we’d be better off avoiding the druggy. No reason to add that to a locker room full of kids.

Yeah I don't think it's the player they should go for regardless - I don't think he's very good, but as to if it *could* happen? Yeah, I could see it
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 21
Quoting: MelonVK
Yeah I don't think it's the player they should go for regardless - I don't think he's very good, but as to if it *could* happen? Yeah, I could see it

I’d like to think Drury isn’t a fool and wouldn’t consider that. Rather just roll with the center core we’ve got now than do something dumb like this.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: Shibbal18
The Sabres could get much better deals for both Eichel and Reinhart

Ding ding ding!! Here's the first one, I'll tag you again when someone shouts at me for robbing both the Rags and Caps!

I think it's a solid deal though. Two firsts, a 3rd, two really interesting young talents? no? Unless you're trying to get a player for the now
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 24
Shibbal18
Ding ding ding!! Here's the first one, I'll tag you again when someone shouts at me for robbing both the Rags and Caps!

I think it's a solid deal though. Two firsts, a 3rd, two really interesting young talents? no? Unless you're trying to get a player for the now

Lapierre is the only one im interested in. The Sabres should be aiming to get as many prospects as possible not a ton of picks, they have 7 total scouts, where most teams have 7 scouts for canada alone
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
I’d like to think Drury isn’t a fool and wouldn’t consider that. Rather just roll with the center core we’ve got now than do something dumb like this.

What do you think will be the leap next year? Fox is already playing on a norris-level. Panarin isn't getting younger. The goaltending situation is great.

I mean you can hope Kakko, Lafreniere and Chytil (and I guess Kravtsov) will improve a lot, but will it proper the Rangers from a mediocre team to a top-contender?
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Lapierre is the only one im interested in. The Sabres should be aiming to get as many prospects as possible not a ton of picks, they have 7 total scouts, where most teams have 7 scouts for canada alone

I'm interested in how you're not interested in Kravstov - a guy who's produced incredibly well for his age in all leagues of the Russian system
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 26
What do you think will be the leap next year? Fox is already playing on a norris-level. Panarin isn't getting younger. The goaltending situation is great.

I mean you can hope Kakko, Lafreniere and Chytil (and I guess Kravtsov) will improve a lot, but will it proper the Rangers from a mediocre team to a top-contender?

I don’t see how adding Kuzy propels us into a contender at all. Half our guys are under 23. I think we’ll be fine as they continue to develop. Plus Mika not having to deal with the after effects of COVID will be nice.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
I don’t see how adding Kuzy propels us into a contender at all. Half our guys are under 23. I think we’ll be fine as they continue to develop. Plus Mika not having to deal with the after effects of COVID will be nice.

I hope Mika gets well. His underlying numbers took a dive even last year though. I'm not sure he's the player he was even two seasons ago.

Again, I don't particularly like Kuznetsov. I'm not saying what I *would* do as the Rangers. I'm saying they might still feel that way and do it.
Eli a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 29
I hope Mika gets well. His underlying numbers took a dive even last year though. I'm not sure he's the player he was even two seasons ago.

Again, I don't particularly like Kuznetsov. I'm not saying what I *would* do as the Rangers. I'm saying they might still feel that way and do it.

Then they’ll get what they deserve and be crap for screwing it up. There’s nothing wrong with showing some patience and actually developing for a change instead of trying for a pipe dream of a playoff chance.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 32
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,214
Philly doesn't want Risto.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Then they’ll get what they deserve and be crap for screwing it up. There’s nothing wrong with showing some patience and actually developing for a change instead of trying for a pipe dream of a playoff chance.

I still agree with this. I don't know who you are arguing with at this point. I'm talking about the probability of what they will do, and you keep arguing what they *should* do. We agree what they should do.
Eli a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: HikinenNisti
Philly doesn't want Risto.

I'd hope so, he's terrible. But how's 3 years of Voracek at 8.25?
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 35
Shibbal18
I'm interested in how you're not interested in Kravstov - a guy who's produced incredibly well for his age in all leagues of the Russian system

To clarify their is a stigma with Russians that Buffalo really doesnt need to add to their problems right now. On top of that, Buffalo is not a NYC or LA, it is boring, theres no high end shopping here, no clubs, young players get sick of that in Buffalo. Weve seen Panarin and Laine both complain about it in other small cities and Panarin left as soon as he had a chance. Not saying Kravtsov is lazy but he'll certainly have little motivation from Buffalo, he would need to find it in himself. Only to watch him walk in 5 years. I dont want the Sabres to take that bet tbh they cant afford to screw up these trades. Thats why they also specifically need to get back prospects
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 502
I'd hope so, he's terrible. But how's 3 years of Voracek at 8.25?

I wouldn't be surprised if JVR is taken by Seattle so taking $7m off there creates a good amount of cap space for them to do something. As much as flyers fans complain about Voracek he still produces at a high rate but not enough to justify his current price tag but he still puts up 60 points consistently. Even if there was a trade where Voracek and Risto were apart of it no way is sanhem the piece added to take on a player who would become a top 3 player in the org and possible top 2 if Eichel is moved
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
To clarify their is a stigma with Russians that Buffalo really doesnt need to add to their problems right now. On top of that, Buffalo is not a NYC or LA, it is boring, theres no high end shopping here, no clubs, young players get sick of that in Buffalo. Weve seen Panarin and Laine both complain about it in other small cities and Panarin left as soon as he had a chance. Not saying Kravtsov is lazy but he'll certainly have little motivation from Buffalo, he would need to find it in himself. Only to watch him walk in 5 years. I dont want the Sabres to take that bet tbh they cant afford to screw up these trades. Thats why they also specifically need to get back prospects

Unlike Berglund and ROR? This is just something that certain players deal with, I hope you realize it has nothing to do with being Russian. I guess I just don't know what'd be different with a player who started his career there. Eichel wants out now, right?
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: flyersarephilly
I wouldn't be surprised if JVR is taken by Seattle so taking $7m off there creates a good amount of cap space for them to do something. As much as flyers fans complain about Voracek he still produces at a high rate but not enough to justify his current price tag but he still puts up 60 points consistently. Even if there was a trade where Voracek and Risto were apart of it no way is sanhem the piece added to take on a player who would become a top 3 player in the org and possible top 2 if Eichel is moved

I always get stuck in these arguments, and I guess I'm just going to go for my usual out from the get-go.

Do we agree that Couturier and Giroux are elite players? And that Konecny is pretty good as well? Wouldn't we expect Voracek to score simply by proximation? Or are the players I mentioned not as good as advertised, if Voracek is doing some good work? Or if he's good too, ultimately, why isn't Philly better?

In my mind the first thing I said is true, and Voracek is picking up points while still dragging the other players I mentioned down. If we don't agree on this then of course it's hard to see eye-to-eye on the trade needs and desires.

Last thing - I think a lot of teams are holding out for Seattle to take on some of their pretty highly paid players. I wouldn't go with that as an expectation!
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 47
Who adds what?
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703

So you want to see the Sabres avoid Russian players and young players, and especially young, Russian players, like Kravtsov? If that's the dealbreaker, some CGY fans are offering a lottery pick for Kuznetsov, and some MTL fans seem happy with Chiarot and an almost-lottery pick for him. I think Eichel and Kuznetsov each have five 50-pt seasons and one 80-pt season. Kuznetsov has one more 70 pt season than Eichel, but he's three years older and Eichel's a better goal scorer, so throwing in Lapierre and a hopefully late 1st isn't such a big deal if the Caps are all in and both top centers need a change of scenery. I mean, I do think Lapierre has Kuznetsov-like potential, but he also has a worrisome injury history that limits his trade value.
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 51
Shibbal18
Unlike Berglund and ROR? This is just something that certain players deal with, I hope you realize it has nothing to do with being Russian. I guess I just don't know what'd be different with a player who started his career there. Eichel wants out now, right?

Berglund and ROR didnt want out because of the city, ROR wanted out of the franchise because of the losing and Berglund was upset his ntc wasnt honored
18 mai 2021 à 17 h 55
Shibbal18
Quoting: Eli
So you want to see the Sabres avoid Russian players and young players, and especially young, Russian players, like Kravtsov? If that's the dealbreaker, some CGY fans are offering a lottery pick for Kuznetsov, and some MTL fans seem happy with Chiarot and an almost-lottery pick for him. I think Eichel and Kuznetsov each have five 50-pt seasons and one 80-pt season. Kuznetsov has one more 70 pt season than Eichel, but he's three years older and Eichel's a better goal scorer, so throwing in Lapierre and a hopefully late 1st isn't such a big deal if the Caps are all in and both top centers need a change of scenery. I mean, I do think Lapierre has Kuznetsov-like potential, but he also has a worrisome injury history that limits his trade value.

When did i say young players, i just said Russians
18 mai 2021 à 18 h 3
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,402
Hawks would agree to this is my guess. I bet though instead of Connolly, they would also offer up Zadarov as an alternative to Connolly who might have more value to the Sabres.
18 mai 2021 à 18 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks would agree to this is my guess. I bet though instead of Connolly, they would also offer up Zadarov as an alternative to Connolly who might have more value to the Sabres.

Zadorov in Buffalo 2, electric bogaloo?
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 18 h 15
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,402
Zadorov in Buffalo 2, electric bogaloo?

[url=]https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FImpoliteCreepyKoi-size_restricted.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fgfycat.com%2Fgifs%2Fsearch%2Fbattle%2Bbreakin%2B2%2Belectric%2Bboogaloo&tbnid=vfrvXBKy6UWoUM&vet=12ahUKEwjEjuOroNTwAhWYzZ4KHVANDm4QMygCegUIARDkAQ..i&docid=BEJY19Re88J6CM&w=500&h=288&q=breakin%202%20gif&client=firefox-b-1-d&ved=2ahUKEwjEjuOroNTwAhWYzZ4KHVANDm4QMygCegUIARDkAQ[/url]

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FImpoliteCreepyKoi-size_restricted.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fgfycat.com%2Fgifs%2Fsearch%2Fbattle%2Bbreakin%2B2%2Belectric%2Bboogaloo&tbnid=vfrvXBKy6UWoUM&vet=12ahUKEwjEjuOroNTwAhWYzZ4KHVANDm4QMygCegUIARDkAQ..i&docid=BEJY19Re88J6CM&w=500&h=288&q=breakin%202%20gif&client=firefox-b-1-d&ved=2ahUKEwjEjuOroNTwAhWYzZ4KHVANDm4QMygCegUIARDkAQ
MelonVK a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2021 à 18 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Watches no games
Berglund and ROR didnt want out because of the city, ROR wanted out of the franchise because of the losing and Berglund was upset his ntc wasnt honored

It's mental gymnastics regardless. Why wouldn't Russians, the NHL nationality with the most desolate cities, be as fit as everyone else to stay in Buffalo? Like you're bringing out one example in Panarin, and then Laine, who's Finnish? Kravtsov played for a team in Chelyabinsk, do me a favor and look that up on a map.

The Sabres could get much better deals for both Eichel and Reinhart. Ullmark isnt coming back if theyre gone as well, and theres a 1,000,000% chance Pilut isnt terminating his KHL contract to take less to come back to a worse Sabre team. Why is Olofsson on the 4th line

This bothers me too - the sentences you added on top. Sure, it doesn't have to be Ullmark, I just figured Buffalo would be willing to pay the most for his services. I have no idea how the Pilut contract situation is, obviously I'll take your word for it. Regardless, he was really good when he was in Buffalo, I'd pay him 3 mil no problem. Olofsson is on the 4th line (something I explain in the description) because he's a terrible 5on5 player, and only seems to score on the power play. You can keep handing him better 5on5 minutes than Skinner and hope for different results, but he's not driving any offense of his own and he's terrible defensively. A guy like Skinner is both a driver of play and solid defensively and still knocked down the lineup.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage