Forums/Armchair-GM

Just A Fun Conspiracy Theory

Créé par: Shoresy69
Équipe: 2021-22 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 16 avr. 2021
Publié: 17 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I've been a big proponent of the idea that Chevy's unwillingness to move either Perfetti or Heinola at the TDL is what triggered the end of the season slide.

If there were some hurt feelings over Chevy essentially saying to his group with his TDL inactivity "I don't believe in this group to make a long playoff run enough to mortgage my future"... If anyone had an issue with that it would be Maurice who has put a lot into this franchise and Wheeler who likely resigned here with the understanding that as long as he was leading us we would do everything we could to go for it....it does look as though both are fully on board with the jets however as Wheeler, now healthy, has picked his game up and Maurice is actually moving some pieces of the line-up around even if injuries did sort of force his hand...

Anyway the theory goes that when chevy let the TDL go by with no big acquisition, a deal was struck to let Maurice out of his contract at the end of the year so that he can go work for his buddy Ron Francis in Seattle on the condition that Wheeler waive his no-move so that he can go with Maurice and be named the expansion teams first Captain...

Again i don't really believe it but i wanted to see what i could do with the cap space if Wheeler were gone.

I also wanted to see what the left side D could look like if we moved on from Morrissey, he has had a rough two years but i still think he is a good defenceman. He just doesnt have the size to bump Samberg or Stanley out of the lineup and Heinola is going to be a superior player once he gets the opportunity to do so. Forbort is signed as a stop gap as stanley and samberg rotate in and out of the lineup until both are ready and samberg takes forborts spot next to Pionk in the long run.

I'm a big Copp fan but like someone had said on a different thread, at this point i'm not sure it really matters who you put on that left side with Lowry and Appleton, so Copp may not be worth the added expense especially when that money would be better served finding a right shot winger to replace Wheeler. And Copp is a leader and could help get that "losing stink" out of the Buffalo dressing room.

I think Perfetti could use one more year in AHL (his size concerns me) but if he has to go back to the OHL (failing some rule change that allows these 19 yr olds who already played a year of pro being able to stay in the pros) there would be no point sending him back to junior, so he stays with the jets.

I kept Harkins over Vesalainen as i believe Harkins could become Mathieu Perreault 2.0 as a guy you can rely on to move up and down the lineup and serve a role anywhere needed.

I added Reaves and Ritchie to help make sure Perfetti and Heinola are given plenty of room to perform and i Like both players size and physicality.

Finally, 55 likely gets named Captain as the face of the franchise but i would like to see it on Lowry.

Anyway long story short, i wanted to see what i could do if we moved on from Wheeler, Morrissey and Copp and now still have plenty of cap left for TDL and/or some pay raises next summer.

One question if people do want to see Maurice get fired, who would you want behind our bench? I would love to see Todd Woodcroft back in the Jets organization perhaps as head coach of the Moose and move Vincent up to the Jets if he is ready for that? Though i think with this lineup you would want someone more established to take a real run at playoff success....thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
76 250 000 $
21 250 000 $
42 850 000 $
66 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
79 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
11 250 000 $
1850 000 $
Transactions
WPG
    Expansion Draft
    WPG
    1. Ritchie, Nick [Droits de RFA]
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (BOS)
    BOS
    1. Morrissey, Joshua
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
    VGK
    1. Niku, Sami
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CBJ)
    WPG
    1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (SEA)
    WPG
    1. Reinhart, Sam [Droits de RFA]
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (BOS)
    BUF
    1. Copp, Andrew [Droits de RFA]
    2. Vesalainen, Kristian
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de SEA
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $73 654 646 $145 122 $807 500 $7 845 354 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    AG, C
    RFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    817 500 $817 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    AG, C
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    863 333 $863 333 $
    DG
    RFA - 3
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    750 000 $750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
    DG
    RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    17 mai 2021 à 15 h 29
    Smythe.over.Hart
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
    Is that really all you think you could get for Morrissey? Am I missing something here Jets fans? To me Morrissey is a premiere dman...
    Trickster et jgimp69 a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 15 h 43
    Non-Biased Jets Fan
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 46
    Quoting: faulkmydzingel
    Is that really all you think you could get for Morrissey? Am I missing something here Jets fans? To me Morrissey is a premiere dman...

You could get a little more for him, but he's not elite level
    17 mai 2021 à 15 h 53
    Vegan Commie Hipster
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
    Fascinating

Stuff like that definitely happens in the league

🤔
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 16
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,081
    It would be hard for Chevy to make all those trades. As soon as he attempted any one of then, he'd be fired, they're all that bad for Winnipeg.
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 27
    Démarrer sujet
    ****in' Embarrassing
    Rejoint: nov. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 16
    Quoting: Windjammer
    It would be hard for Chevy to make all those trades. As soon as he attempted any one of then, he'd be fired, they're all that bad for Winnipeg.

agree to disagree... The only trade that may be out of whack is the Bruins trade but Ritchie is a former first rounder starting to come into his own, the Bruins could use a long term locked up left Dman and its as much about saving money for the jets who will have some new contracts to hand out in the next couple years... and morrissey has fallen down the jets depth chart... we could hang onto morrissey but we also need some size in our bottom 6... but whatevs someone always has to step up and just say no with no context or argument haha
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 28
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,030
    Not enough for Reinhart IMO
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 29
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
    Quoting: Radu47
    Fascinating

Stuff like that definitely happens in the league

🤔

As crazy as this is, I’ve also thought about the same scenario playing out. But, I wish this scenario would’ve played out before the laine trade. I always thought laine had the chance to become a star player in Winnipeg.
    MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 34
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 639
    Bruins jump all over this.

I am 100% sure you could get way more than this for Morrissey.
    tsyls, Trickster et jgimp69 a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 36
    Modifié 17 mai 2021 à 16 h 45
    I like this, and I’ve thought about this before. Pretty sure I made my own ACGM with this exact same scenario, but pre-laine trade. I’d be cheering with joy if this happened tbh.

As for questions about what coach to bring in. Ideally Gallant or Brind’Amour (if somehow CAR screws up and let’s him go).

I think you can definitely get more for Morrissey. Also, not sure if BUF bites on that or not. If they go full rebuild, maybe, but it would probably take a bit more.

I love the idea of Hamilton as a jet, and will push for that until the day he signs somewhere else as he’s exactly what this team has been missing. He also said he wants to be in a small market (Jets are one) and he might consider coming here if they offered like 7 years at 9.25 million a year as the Jets are one of the only contenders who could offer that.

I agree on captaincy, probably goes to scheifele, but IMO Lowry is the right guy. Also agree that you can essentially plug anyone with Lowry and Appleton and it’ll work. I do agree Perfetti likely needs 1 more ahl year, but with how the BS CHL rules work the Jets will just keep him.

My biggest current issue with the Jets is coaching and wheeler. Well maybe that’s always been my biggest issue, but they need to address some issues. I get that Maurice is great with the media and this and that. But he needs to perform well as a COACH, and if the Jets lose to Edmonton in rapid fashion, he’s on the hot seat IMO.

Here’s that ACGM I made a while ago, just trade Copp and use the money to sign dougie and it’s good to go!

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2204948
    Feelers4Ehlers a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 40
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,081
    Modifié 17 mai 2021 à 17 h 0
    Quoting: Shoresy69
    agree to disagree... The only trade that may be out of whack is the Bruins trade but Ritchie is a former first rounder starting to come into his own, the Bruins could use a long term locked up left Dman and its as much about saving money for the jets who will have some new contracts to hand out in the next couple years... and morrissey has fallen down the jets depth chart... we could hang onto morrissey but we also need some size in our bottom 6... but whatevs someone always has to step up and just say no with no context or argument haha

Okay here's some context for you. Morrissey is also a first round pick, as if that matters anymore, but is also a top 4 defenseman. Ritchie is a 4th line plug. You don't give up anything for players like that. You get them in-house or sign a comparable player as a cheap UFA.

Reaves isn't needed and isn't the kind of player you give up 2 assets for. I'd be fine having him, he's just not worth that much

For the Reinhart deal, you have the Jets giving up one of our two best defensive forwards, a first and another former first round pick, since trade matters to you, to get Reinhart, a player the Jets don't need at all, to play in our bottom 6, because he can't displace anyone in the Jets top 6.
    tsyls et Trickster a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 54
    hey look a squirrel
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,760
    Wow that is all you think Morrissey is worth?
    Jeez

Man is legit top pair D man
    17 mai 2021 à 16 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    ****in' Embarrassing
    Quoting: Windjammer
    Okay here's some context for you. Morrissey is also a first round pick, as if that matters anymore, but is also a top 4 defenseman. Ritchie is a 4th line plug. You don't give up anything for players like that. You get them in-house or sign a comparable player as a cheap UFA.

Reaves isn't needed and isn't the kind of player you give up 2 assets for. Is be fine having him, he's just not worth that much

For the Reinhart deal, you have the Jets giving up one of our two best defensive forwards, a first and another former first round pick, since trade matters to you, to get Reinhart, a player the Jets don't need at all, to play in our bottom 6, because he can't displace anyone in the Jets top 6.

I will agree with you that JoMo is worth more however he will be pushed out of out d corps IMO in due time... and so many high end talent in this league have no trade clauses and will not waive for winnipeg, Ritchie is better than a fourth line plug as you put it and its also about saving Morrisseys cap hit for a better purpose be it now or down the line.. could the bruins add another peice sure but i wont pretend to know their prospect list well enough to know who they would part with...but sure add another piece

Reaves would be a good addition if Perfetti is forced into the line up next year in lieu of going back to junior... 2 pieces? really im giving a up a draft pick and hoping for niku someone gives him a chance somewhere else because hes got no hope here... but fine send niku somewhere else for another late draft pick...

Reinhart is way better than you are giving him credit for and if we lose wheeler in this scenario there is certainly a hole in the top six he could fill... if im a little short on the deal for reinhart as someone suggested, and that may be the case remove the pick from their side or add a B prospect but Copp would be a good fit and good leader in Buffalo and first rounder is good pick up for them as well... Vesalainen will never be in our top six... if buffalo goes full rebuild which they should he may get a fair shot there...

yes the jets may come out a little shy in these deals but its short term pain for long term gain in flexibility and cap room... but again its just an idea
    Windjammer a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 17 h 3
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 122
    I have thought about this scenario about Wheeler being exposed and hopefully picked up by Seattle. I also wondered if Maurice would be allowed to go coach with his buddy Francis in Seattle. It makes a lot of sense. If that happens the Jets are in a great situation with the cap. If that happens I think they make a huge splash with Hamilton. I agree with everyone here that Hamilton is the guy that Winnipeg is missing.

I think Morrissey is tired with the current dressing room and with Maurice. He is still butt hurt that his buddy Trouba is gone. I think if you pair him up with Hamilton his game becomes elevated. I saw the same thing when he was freshly drafted playing for the Moose. He wasn't wasn't very good because his partner wasn't NHL calibre. When Morrissey made it to the NHL playing with Buff he was a totally different player. So I think you pair him with someone like Hamilton he becomes the Dman we have seen when the Jets had Buff & Trouba. But if he needs to be moved I also look at a team like NYI. a LD signed long term is what they could really use as well. I'm just not sure what the return would be from the NYI besides Keiffer Bellows.

As for who to get for a coach I would like to see either Bruce Boudreau, Kirk Muller, or Guy Boucher. a wildcard option might be Randy Carlyle.
    17 mai 2021 à 18 h 3
    MisstheWhalers
    Mentions "j'aime": 12,398
    Quoting: tsyls
    I like this, and I’ve thought about this before. Pretty sure I made my own ACGM with this exact same scenario, but pre-laine trade. I’d be cheering with joy if this happened tbh.

As for questions about what coach to bring in. Ideally Gallant or Brind’Amour (if somehow CAR screws up and let’s him go).

I think you can definitely get more for Morrissey. Also, not sure if BUF bites on that or not. If they go full rebuild, maybe, but it would probably take a bit more.

I love the idea of Hamilton as a jet, and will push for that until the day he signs somewhere else as he’s exactly what this team has been missing. He also said he wants to be in a small market (Jets are one) and he might consider coming here if they offered like 7 years at 9.25 million a year as the Jets are one of the only contenders who could offer that.

I agree on captaincy, probably goes to scheifele, but IMO Lowry is the right guy. Also agree that you can essentially plug anyone with Lowry and Appleton and it’ll work. I do agree Perfetti likely needs 1 more ahl year, but with how the BS CHL rules work the Jets will just keep him.

My biggest current issue with the Jets is coaching and wheeler. Well maybe that’s always been my biggest issue, but they need to address some issues. I get that Maurice is great with the media and this and that. But he needs to perform well as a COACH, and if the Jets lose to Edmonton in rapid fashion, he’s on the hot seat IMO.

Here’s that ACGM I made a while ago, just trade Copp and use the money to sign dougie and it’s good to go!

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2204948

Thought I heard/saw the other day that some team was given permission to speak to Gallant, he'd be my choice for a new coach, wish the Jets played like Gallant coached Vegas did.
    tsyls a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 18 h 17
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Thought I heard/saw the other day that some team was given permission to speak to Gallant, he'd be my choice for a new coach, wish the Jets played like Gallant coached Vegas did.

I totally agree. Wouldn’t be surprised if that team was seattle.
    17 mai 2021 à 18 h 24
    Jet69
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,148
    Quoting: faulkmydzingel

I’m a big B-town fan, after Winnipeg of course. I view JoMo as a McAvoy light. Awesome puck mover, great vision and elite skating, JoMo just doesn’t have the playdriving or game control that McAvoy does. Morrissey would slide right into their T4 and we would regret moving him shortly thereafter. We could also get a lot more for him than the OP. I would definitely ask for Studnicka and Lorhei. That said, keep Morrissey and find a big, minute munching puck moving defender to partner him with. He will get back into form.

Love the idea of moving on from PoMo amd Wheels. Not that I don’t appreciate what they have done for the city and team, it’s just time to move on and hand the reigns to the youth and to someone with new and fresh ideas.

I really like the idea of the Buffalo trade. Doubt they add a second as I think we need to add or change up the assets.

Something really needs to change whether it’s the captaincy, GM, Coach, whatever. Trying the same stuff game after game expecting a different result is really closing our window fast
    17 mai 2021 à 18 h 47
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: Shoresy69
    I will agree with you that JoMo is worth more however he will be pushed out of out d corps IMO in due time... and so many high end talent in this league have no trade clauses and will not waive for winnipeg, Ritchie is better than a fourth line plug as you put it and its also about saving Morrisseys cap hit for a better purpose be it now or down the line.. could the bruins add another peice sure but i wont pretend to know their prospect list well enough to know who they would part with...but sure add another piece

Reaves would be a good addition if Perfetti is forced into the line up next year in lieu of going back to junior... 2 pieces? really im giving a up a draft pick and hoping for niku someone gives him a chance somewhere else because hes got no hope here... but fine send niku somewhere else for another late draft pick...

Reinhart is way better than you are giving him credit for and if we lose wheeler in this scenario there is certainly a hole in the top six he could fill... if im a little short on the deal for reinhart as someone suggested, and that may be the case remove the pick from their side or add a B prospect but Copp would be a good fit and good leader in Buffalo and first rounder is good pick up for them as well... Vesalainen will never be in our top six... if buffalo goes full rebuild which they should he may get a fair shot there...

yes the jets may come out a little shy in these deals but its short term pain for long term gain in flexibility and cap room... but again its just an idea

Why would Vesalainen never be in the Jets top 6?

I mean idk if he will develop enough to be a top 6 winger or not but I think it's premature to think he won't though if Maurice is here much longer the odds are slim, to me it's obvious that Wheeler is in decline and I think Perfetti is going to take longer to arrive then we think, should probably hang onto Vesalainen a bit longer, his trade value isn't much at this point anyway.
    17 mai 2021 à 19 h 24
    Démarrer sujet
    ****in' Embarrassing
    Why would Vesalainen never be in the Jets top 6?

I mean idk if he will develop enough to be a top 6 winger or not but I think it's premature to think he won't though if Maurice is here much longer the odds are slim, to me it's obvious that Wheeler is in decline and I think Perfetti is going to take longer to arrive then we think, should probably hang onto Vesalainen a bit longer, his trade value isn't much at this point anyway.

ok home from work and have had sometime to consider some of this haha

i did not get enough for Morrissey but again as i said to get a player of equal value that player likely has a no trade clause but i should have had the bruins add a piece or two maybe ill try and fix that...

I do like morrissey but i cant see the jets building a defence around Jomo, Pionk, Demelo and Heinola... thats four undersized D in your top 6.... Pionk is better than morrissey right now, Heinola next to Buff i think will be the best dman we have ever had just watch his poise under pressure... and demelo is a decent third pair guy to break young guys in with and i dont want to pay JoMo 6 million plus to be on my third pair.....JoMo and Hamilton would be great but then it pushes heinola down to the second pair with pionk and thats too small IMO and pionk and morrissey is too small IMO....i think its a big ask to ask a rookie dman ie heinola samberg or stanley to play on their off-side... thats a lot harder than people think, your reads are different your angling is different and your stick on your off side takes away the boards instead of the middle of the ice which opens up lanes for opposition... Samberg, Stanley and Heinola have to be with the Jets next year stanley has faired well and Samberg coming out of NCAA is man already it wont do him a lot of good to spend another year with the moose he needs to be in the NHL again just IMO...I like JoMo and Chevy will never trade him anyway so its a moot point but if chevy were cut throat i think he's the odd man out...

As for Vesalainen again i do like him and granted he hasnt had a real opportunity yet... i just havent seen enough of him to think he can be an impact top six winger...
    17 mai 2021 à 20 h 52
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: tsyls
    I totally agree. Wouldn’t be surprised if that team was seattle.

Looked it up, was the Rangers.
    tsyls a aimé ceci.
    17 mai 2021 à 21 h 25
    Looked it up, was the Rangers.

That makes a ton of sense. Seattle is probably trying to pry brind’amour out of CAR.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage