SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago Blackhawks season preview

17 déc. 2020 à 9 h 18
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Oh boy here w go for the most boring season preview of them all...

They just let Crawford walk while announcing a rebuild. The next 2-3-4 years are gonna be painful in CHI, but, with Dach, Mitchell, Boqvist and Reichel establishing themselves a solid NHLers in the next few years there seems to be already some light at the end of the tunnel.

For now however, they have no good NHL caliber goalie and their top d-man is 37 and has shown signs of regression over the past season and a half.

So really I see them finishing bottom 5, if not 3.

Here's how I'd construct the lineup:
Kubalik-Toews-Nylander
DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Janmark-Dach-Shaw
Suter-Wallmark-Kampf

Keith-Boqvist
De Haan-Murphy
Zadorov-Mitchell

Delia
Subban/Lankinen

@ForsbergForVezina
@exo2769
@ChiHawk
@SlickWilly

Pls do not quote this post, press «reply» instead
17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 20
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,948
Modifié 17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 38
It'll be an interesting season for sure. There's zero doubt in my mind that Crow/Lehner stole a whole bunch of games last year. So that would indeed lead to your suggestion of bottom feeder. Although I will say that the upward trend on the defense is collectively increasing faster than Keith's career is decreasing. I'm not suggesting that this individual year is going to be a complete turn around, but getting Boqvist and Mitchell more ice time is Huge and an absolute must IMO. With that said...Defense also doesn't just come from the defenseman. I like the Janmark/Wallmark signings. I do think they'll be harder to play against.

As for the lines. I'd swap Nylander and Suter. I'm not suggesting Suter is a guaranteed top NHL talent for the #1RW position....I'm saying that Nylander isn't a guaranteed top NHL talent for the #1RW position either. Suter's 200' game and willingness to get into the dirty areas is something Nylander doesn't have yet. Prior to the 2019/2020 season...Hawks nation had Kubalik as their 11th best prospect. I think the hawks need to roll the dice with Suter and recognize what he's done in Europe. Nylander's actually performed better on the bottom 6 vs the top 6 anyway. Allow Nylander more time to develop. After all...technically he was a rookie last year.

The last piece I'll add...which may factor in to the previous statement about Suter/Nylander...is that I don't think Bowman's done. If he's truly rebuilding and has the cap space (which he's said they're rebuilding and they do have the cap space) Then I think he signs a guy like Grandlund to a 1 year deal and flips him at the TDL. Continue to get more picks/prospects. He signed Lehner to a 1 year deal and now they have Commesso because of that trade...which I think is just awesome for the Hawks future.

I'll also add a few commentators for thoughts. @NickC1988 @HatterTParty @Petrock83 @Beetlejuice
17 déc. 2020 à 14 h 56
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,209
I agree with the evaluation, but I'd probably set the lines as
Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Suter/Debrincat-Dach-Nylander
Debrincat/Suter-Strome-Shaw
Janmark-Wallmark-Kampf

I think Nylander get a shot to re-establish himself, but probably not with Toews or Kane, it would probably be on the premise of being part of the "next core" with Dach and/or Debrincat.

Because of the overall talent, I think there is a wide range of possibilities on how the season will go, but a lot of things have to go right in order for it to truly go well. Ultimately, I think too many go right to not finish bottom 5, but not enough go right to make the playoffs and we will be stuck in the middle like the minnesota wild for the next few years.
17 déc. 2020 à 23 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,585
I'm fine with it and will be exciting to see the young guys battle it out for spots as this team was too far away to really compete in the playoffs anyway.

Lines should be IMO

Nylander - Toews - Kubalik
Suter/Kurashev - Dach - Kane
Cat - Strome - Shaw
Janmark - Wallmark - Kampf

Keith - Mitchell
Zadarov - Boqvist
De Haan - Murphy

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: