Forums/Armchair-GM

Pietrangelo - Read Description

Créé par: MitchMarner_16
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 21 sept. 2020
Publié: 21 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
‘You can beat a dead horse all you want, but you aren’t going to kill it any more. Move on and get another horse.’

Pietrangelo is not signing in Toronto. However you cut the cake, we don’t have the cap space unless you want the slowest, weakest bottom six in the league, as well as weak goaltending.

It’s not happening.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
79 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1981 500 000 $84 409 783 $0 $400 000 $-2 909 783 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
821 667 $821 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 25
Banni
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 664
it had to be said
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 36
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
I am not sure you are correct. Why? Because the pandemic has wrecked so many teams operational finances. Perhaps he'd be interested in a short term heavily bonus style contract. Does anyone think there will be a normal season this winter? I don't, how do teams pay bonuses in that case? Some teams will refuse to give bonuses because they just can't afford it while they have zero ticket revenues. TO doesn't have that problem, maybe they can say to Pietrangelo that we will give him a handsome 2 year deal with Max bonus money, then he can find a long term home once the economics are better. A lot of guys may look at that. Over half the teams in the league are looking to go below the salary cap next year. Money is scarce.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 41
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,981
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
I am not sure you are correct. Why? Because the pandemic has wrecked so many teams operational finances. Perhaps he'd be interested in a short term heavily bonus style contract. Does anyone think there will be a normal season this winter? I don't, how do teams pay bonuses in that case? Some teams will refuse to give bonuses because they just can't afford it while they have zero ticket revenues. TO doesn't have that problem, maybe they can say to Pietrangelo that we will give him a handsome 2 year deal with Max bonus money, then he can find a long term home once the economics are better. A lot of guys may look at that. Over half the teams in the league are looking to go below the salary cap next year. Money is scarce.

IMO we could be looking at a flat cap with maybe a 1-2 mil increase for the next 4-5 years.
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,259

A 2 year deal? No chance he would just go to Colorado for that.
Pietrangelo doesnt really solve problems for Toronto, he takes them from 2 spot and puts them in another. If these playoffs have proven anything its that depth wins
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738

Jeremy Rutherford said Petro camp asked Blues for 9.25M for 8 Years.
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 54
Banni
Quoting: LeafsfanMathews
IMO we could be looking at a flat cap with maybe a 1-2 mil increase for the next 4-5 years.

Maybe, but until fans can go to a game, revenue is a problem and that will make the market tight. No one seems to realize that.b
21 sept. 2020 à 18 h 56
Banni
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Pietrangelo doesnt really solve problems for Toronto, he takes them from 2 spot and puts them in another. If these playoffs have proven anything its that depth wins

These playoffs prove that the play ins were a crapshoot and eventually it balanced out. Tampa and Dallas are two teams people expected to go deep.

Of course depth is key and TO does have it but needs to make some changes in the periphery. But what I ask you is, how do teams pay the bills without ticket sales? Because that is what's happening and very well could be a reality this winter as well. Who will have money to spend on free agents?
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 0
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

Maybe, but until fans can go to a game, revenue is a problem and that will make the market tight. No one seems to realize that.b

Ledge you've missed the point yet again - is Colorado interested in Signing AP? I can't see why, it'll mess up their cap situation for a very long time, they will have Makar, Gabriel, McKinnon, Kadri, and others that will need new deals and not small deals before Pietrangelo is off the books - the point is 80% of the team's out there do not have the pocket book to hand out max signing bonuses - to a player that bonus is guaranteed money, a structured contract that pays 8 million each year is not guaranteed
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 1
Ovchinnikov 137
Mentions "j'aime": 11,981

100 percent, majority of teams are gate driven and suite sales. No fans for an extended period of time could cripple a lot of teams. The one saving grace is the NHL has a new television deal that could save everyone.
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 9
These playoffs prove that the play ins were a crapshoot and eventually it balanced out. Tampa and Dallas are two teams people expected to go deep.

Of course depth is key and TO does have it but needs to make some changes in the periphery. But what I ask you is, how do teams pay the bills without ticket sales? Because that is what's happening and very well could be a reality this winter as well. Who will have money to spend on free agents?

I'm not referring to teams being able to pay. That's why I dont expect teams like ARI, FLA, and even PIT to be in on him. However just about every Canadian market can afford to go in on him. Some of those teams can do it without completely butchering their depth like Toronto.
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 23
Quoting: Boomer125
Ledge you've missed the point yet again - is Colorado interested in Signing AP? I can't see why, it'll mess up their cap situation for a very long time, they will have Makar, Gabriel, McKinnon, Kadri, and others that will need new deals and not small deals before Pietrangelo is off the books - the point is 80% of the team's out there do not have the pocket book to hand out max signing bonuses - to a player that bonus is guaranteed money, a structured contract that pays 8 million each year is not guaranteed

A **** ton of people on HF Boards think Colorado will go for him (I genuinely disagree with them because it's stupid).
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 38
Banni
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Jeremy Rutherford said Petro camp asked Blues for 9.25M for 8 Years.

In this economy? Good luck.
Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2020 à 19 h 54
Isles7
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299

VGK can give him max term and they have an advantage with no state income tax.
21 sept. 2020 à 20 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 63
closest AP will get to signing with Toronto is if Buffalo wants to throw bags of money at him.
21 sept. 2020 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 342

Your reasoning is sound, but also plays against Toronto signing AP. Because money is scarce and teams can't afford to spend to the cap, who is Toronto going to move to make cap space? Teams won't want to trade picks (which translates into cheap contracts over next few years) and with the cap not going up, teams will want to trade dollar for dollar on the cap. Realistically Toronto still needs to free up 9 - 10 million of cap to sign AP and replacements for bodies moving out. What team or combination of teams will eat 10 million in cap space?
21 sept. 2020 à 20 h 37
Quoting: Isles777
VGK can give him max term and they have an advantage with no state income tax.

There running out of cap space - totally believe Vegas can get him, but they have alot to move if they intend to sign both AP and Lehner
21 sept. 2020 à 20 h 39
Quoting: gmurrayt
Your reasoning is sound, but also plays against Toronto signing AP. Because money is scarce and teams can't afford to spend to the cap, who is Toronto going to move to make cap space? Teams won't want to trade picks (which translates into cheap contracts over next few years) and with the cap not going up, teams will want to trade dollar for dollar on the cap. Realistically Toronto still needs to free up 9 - 10 million of cap to sign AP and replacements for bodies moving out. What team or combination of teams will eat 10 million in cap space?

Kerfoot 3.5 AAV 2.6 salary
Johnsson same as Kerfoot
Nylander same story
Marner same story

All of TO contracts that they signed are owed significantly less than the AAV cap hit
21 sept. 2020 à 23 h 28
Banni
Quoting: gmurrayt

More like 6 million but then if my reasoning is sound, how does Johnsson, who's salary is less than his cap hit, or Andersen who is owed only 1 million won't be attractive to budget teams? Can you find someone better than Johnsson right now? Probably. Can you find someone like him for less than 3 million? Unlikely, unless it's an FA who really gets pinched in this market but even then, I am not sure you can get a 40 point fast depth forward for less than 3 million. Or move assets. Same with Andersen, Arizona is legit telling players their checks are in the mail, the look like cutting costs will he everything. Andersen would be a above average starting goalie on a bargain contract for next year. I just think most people are completely underestimating what this economic situation is going to do to the off season. Some teams are going to get hurt bad, others may be able to take advantage while most I think will do not much apart from small moves here and there.

Specifically to TO's situation, I would he patient. I'd offer Pietrangelo something we can live with but not go over the top, let someone else do that. Maybe not even offer more than 2 years term and just wait. If the market stagnates we may be able to then pursue Tanev for a short term stop gap and hope the younger guys take steps. It would allow us to keep depth up front and improve our top 4.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage