Forums/Armchair-GM

Massive Winnipeg and Toronto Trades

Créé par: Greed
Équipe: 2020-21 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 2 sept. 2020
Publié: 2 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Oilers absolutely go all in with these moves and make the best version of a team I could think of.

Winnipeg Trade: Winnipeg is in need of a second line center and defense. By giving up Laine, they get both the Center they need in Nugent-Hopkins and the top 4 defender they need in Klefbom. Athanasiou can fit in the hole on the wing in the top six left by Laine, and they also get a 1st round pick as a sweetener in exchange for Roslovic, which fills the Oilers' need for a RHD 3rd line center.

Toronto Deal: Toronto has a hole on the right side of their defense and are looking for a new goalie. Klefbom and Benning can fill the 2 holes there and provide solid defense In exchange for Andersen. We also give up Chiasson (which gives them more grit that they lack) and a 3rd in exchange for Johnsson, which makes the overall value of the trade even.

Florida trade: Russell doesn't actually have a lot of money to be paid left on his deal, so for a team like Florida that is looking for defense and cutting salaries, this seems like the best fit for him to go.

1st Line: Reunites the World Juniors linemates of Puljujarvi and Laine, with the best possible Center they could ask for in McDavid. Laine gives McDavid someone to set up for one timers, while Puljujarvi can be the player to get to the front of the net.

Second Line: This line is basically the dynamite line of last year... only the lite version. Johnsson seems to fit the bill as a skilled playmaker in the mold of RNH, only to a lesser degree. If he can be half the player RNH was, this line will be deadly.

Third Line: Oilers get what they have been craving, a right handed 3rd line center, in Roslovic. He gets to play with "20 Goal Scorer" (Still mad about the NHL ruling) Neal and Archibald, which gives him a bit of speed to work with on the right. I can't see Neal getting traded with that contract, and this is the best spot to put him.

Fourth line: Probably my favorite line to put together. Haas + Benson + Kassian gives you a mayhem line that isn't afraid to throw hits and score goals. Benson and Neal can swap places if need be, but i think he will work wonders on this line.

Extra forwards: Khaira and Russell can both fit in on that bottom line, and will keep the same identity. Khaira can play left wing or center, depending on what is needed.

First pair: Nurse and Bear is the best performing line for the Oilers last season, and I expect them to continue to improve together while under Tippet's system.

Second Pair: Gustafsson and Barrie is the two UFAs signed that will play on the roster. Barrie I've at least seen videos on his appropriate value should be, and there have been rumors linking him to the Oilers for a few weeks. With Klefbom gone, there is a prime opportunity for him to quarterback the top power play. As for Gustafsson, I'm not quite sure what his exact value is in the covid market, but I have him at least making over 2 mil. If he turns out to be too expensive, I can see the Oilers signing someone else either for this spot or for the bottom pairing and moving Jones up.

3rd Pairing: Jones and Bouchard. From what can tell, Bouchard is most likely going to be ready for top 6 minutes next year. Whether or not he gets those minutes is up to Holland, but for now I have him here. Jones was an amazing puck mover for the Oilers, and its about time he get regular minutes in the NHL. He could potentially play with Barrie on the 2nd pair and thrive there, but its safer to list him on the bottom pair to start.

7th D: Pysyk gets my vote as the 7th D in this situation because if Bouchard isn't in the top 6, he would be my pick on the right side of the bottom pair.

Callups (Listed under Injured Reserve): In case of major injuries, the Oilers have a decent amount of depth for their call ups. For a Center injury, they have Graovac (signed UFA for minimum deal, can be anyone) or Marody, as well as Khaira as an option. For Left Wing, they again have Khaira, but also Nygard and Gambardella that are NHL Ready. For Right Wing, they have Russell and Marody, as well as Jurco. Finally, for defense they have Lagesson or even Broberg on the left, and Pysyk or Weber (could be any RD signed on minimum deal) on the right.

Goaltending: Freddie Andersen is your starter that can play 60 games if you need him to, but I think he would play even better under a more defensive minded coach (Tippett) and with closer to 50-55 games. This is completely doable, as the Oilers have Koskinen backing him up, who can comfortably play 30 games in a season. He works best when hes not playing every night, and I can see him being a more expensive version of Khudobin/Halak. In case of a goalie injury, I have Grosenick signed. He seems like the type of player that can be called up in a pinch, that wouldn't mind being the starter or back up to Skinner in the AHL. Obviously the plan is to have Skinner be the starter, but if he falters, Grosenick can shoulder the load. Wells and Rodrigue would be the ECHL tandem.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
1925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
2800 000 $
2700 000 $
2700 000 $
2700 000 $
2700 000 $
22 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
24 000 000 $
1800 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
22 500 000 $
1700 000 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (FLA)
EDM
WPG
  1. Athanasiou, Andreas [Droits de RFA]
  2. Klefbom, Oscar
  3. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
TOR
  1. Benning, Matthew [Droits de RFA]
  2. Chiasson, Alex
  3. Larsson, Adam
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $78 825 699 $341 534 $730 000 $2 674 301 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 995 000 $4 995 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 5
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance230 000 $$230K)
AD
RFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
808 333 $808 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
915 000 $915 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance75 000 $$75K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 sept. 2020 à 7 h 45
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Can't go all in with such a 2nd D pair LOL
CD282 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 7 h 47
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
That's definitely not enough for Laine.
2 sept. 2020 à 7 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Omg holland please don’t look at this and get any ideas.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 7 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: Ritzy

A 60 point second line center, a top 4 defenseman that helped quarterback the best power play in the league, and a first round pick is not enough for a 60 point winger with cold flashes? Laine has the ABILITY to score 50 and is still young, but the reality is that he only averages slightly more points than RNH the last three years. You get back a Center that you desperately covet, with Klefbom and a first to make up for the age gap.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Can't go all in with such a 2nd D pair LOL

Could be a lot worse haha. Its not the greatest second pair in the league but maybe Tipp can teach Barrie some defense and Gustafsson can look like he did in 18-19?

Quoting: Timmah007
Omg holland please don’t look at this and get any ideas.

Interested to hear which ideas you dislike here smile
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 837
Good lord, did you ever do a job here

I'm fairly new to these, but this is absolutely one of the best ACGMs I've seen. You explained all the moves made terrifically and I think you did a great job both value wise and filling needs of the trade partners you picked. This team could seriously compete.

This team could seriously compete. The top lines are excellent, I don't think the defense really suffers from last year, and you made a significant goaltending upgrade.

They'd definitely have some issues resigning guys next offseason, but for the 1 year this would all be together, they'd be serious contenders.....and this is coming from a guy who has been super low on Edmonton.
Greed a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 17
Quoting: Greed
Could be a lot worse haha. Its not the greatest second pair in the league but maybe Tipp can teach Barrie some defense and Gustafsson can look like he did in 18-19?

Interested to hear which ideas you dislike here smile

Both trades are brutal to the d causing a very unneeded turn over after a successful season. Team doesn’t need laine at that cost as good as he is removing enough from the team to make it more damaging than good. Johnsson in a top six role doesn’t help us anymore than throwing Neal there. Why is every leaf fan wanting to move Andersen? Same reasons we shouldn’t have anything to do with him. That blue line makes me think lottery is unavoidable next year and extremely hopeful that first pissed away to the Jets is lottery protected.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
A 60 point second line center, a top 4 defenseman that helped quarterback the best power play in the league, and a first round pick is not enough for a 60 point winger with cold flashes? Laine has the ABILITY to score 50 and is still young, but the reality is that he only averages slightly more points than RNH the last three years. You get back a Center that you desperately covet, with Klefbom and a first to make up for the age gap.

I could quarterback a powerplay loaded with McDavid and Dria
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Trevor31lv
Good lord, did you ever do a job here

I'm fairly new to these, but this is absolutely one of the best ACGMs I've seen. You explained all the moves made terrifically and I think you did a great job both value wise and filling needs of the trade partners you picked. This team could seriously compete.

This team could seriously compete. The top lines are excellent, I don't think the defense really suffers from last year, and you made a significant goaltending upgrade.

They'd definitely have some issues resigning guys next offseason, but for the 1 year this would all be together, they'd be serious contenders.....and this is coming from a guy who has been super low on Edmonton.

Thanks so much! Yeah the 21-22 season is rough due to Seattle coming in as well. My guess is they protect McDavid, Draisaitl, Laine, Roslovic, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, Johnsson for forwards and Bear, Nurse, Jones for defense. Bouchard can't get taken due to not playing enough. So you probably lose Barrie / Gustafsson in the draft, but hopefully Broberg can make the lineup by then. Assuming we lose Gustafsson and don't resign Khaira, we'd have about 5 mil to spend paying Laine and giving a bridge deal to Puljujarvi and Yamamoto. Benson and Haas make prolly around the same, so its probably doable.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Timmah007
Both trades are brutal to the d causing a very unneeded turn over after a successful season. Team doesn’t need laine at that cost as good as he is removing enough from the team to make it more damaging than good. Johnsson in a top six role doesn’t help us anymore than throwing Neal there. Why is every leaf fan wanting to move Andersen? Same reasons we shouldn’t have anything to do with him. That blue line makes me think lottery is unavoidable next year and extremely hopeful that first pissed away to the Jets is lottery protected.

Jones at the very least is ready for top 6 minutes. Klefbom -> Barrie is a sidegrade in my eyes. Johnsson provides the same element that Nuge does on that line and doesn't have anchors for skates like Neal haha. Andersen is a starting goalie that will get you into the playoffs. He might choke under pressure, but then you just throw Koskinen in.

This defense to me cannot be much worse than what we had this year, gives room for younger players to play, and the ones we gave up net us a starting goaltender, a 3rd line right handed center that's young, and a winger for McDavid for years to come.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 33
Jones at the very least is ready for top 6 minutes. Klefbom -> Barrie is a sidegrade in my eyes. Johnsson provides the same element that Nuge does on that line and doesn't have anchors for skates like Neal haha. Andersen is a starting goalie that will get you into the playoffs. He might choke under pressure, but then you just throw Koskinen in.

This defense to me cannot be much worse than what we had this year, gives room for younger players to play, and the ones we gave up net us a starting goaltender, a 3rd line right handed center that's young, and a winger for McDavid for years to come.

Big time agree to disagree on this one
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 44
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511

- Laine will most definitely be a 50 goal scorer if either McDavid or Drai as his C. And is still only 22 (as you pointed out)
- RNH's point totals are (in part, not fully) a product of his line mates. He won't have the scoring help in Winnipeg like he would in Edmonton unless they load up that top line.
- Klefbom quarterbacking the powerplay unit? Think we know the answer to that one.
- First round pick likely a late one of the addition of Laine sets them over the top.
- Don't know enough about AA to make a realistic comment about.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 46
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,791
Quoting: Ritzy

That's definitely a HUGE OVERPAY for Laine.
Timmah007 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2020 à 8 h 46
wpg
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028

Quality for quality
2 sept. 2020 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,417
so the leafs give up their starting goalie for that? nope.
4 sept. 2020 à 4 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
so the leafs give up their starting goalie for that? nope.

They use cap space to go after Murray. Obviously wouldnt be the only deal for them
4 sept. 2020 à 8 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,417
They use cap space to go after Murray. Obviously wouldnt be the only deal for them

not if that's the return they dont. And Murray isnt as good as andersen so to downgrade and take a risk on Murray they'd need to have any andersen trade be well worth it

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage