SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Mock How did I do?

2020 Mock How did I do?

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: PuckLuck_77
Publié: 1 sept. 2020 à 12 h 22
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-Easy first pick, but I'd love to see a surprise pick of QB here.
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Kings are my favorite team and I follow them religiously. I realize they have wicked center depth, but there's no way they pass on this gifted athlete. "You can never have too many centers." Yes, Stutzle fits a need right now, but the Kings shouldn't be building for now. With the patience they've shown in recent years for their prospects, and given that next year is likely to be weird anyway, they are willing to wait a year for QB to mature, as opposed to going for the more NHL-ready Stutzle. Turcotte, Vilardi, and Quinton battle for the top 2 center positions over the next three years when Kopi then slides down to 3C. The odd-man out gets placed on the wing. My bet is that's Turcotte.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseStutzle isn't QUITE the natural center that Ottawa was looking for when they started realizing they'd have two VERY high picks. But he's a guy that can be groomed to the center position, and he bring that elite skill level that every franchise covets. I love this player, and I would have loved him on the Kings. But not at #2. Ottawa might get the steal of the draft, but it's a gamble that the Kings aren't willing to make.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I've been saying that Detroit should take Raymond since the draft lottery, arguing with a friend of mine who is a Detroit fan. I don't see them taking a center that's just going to play second fiddle to Larkin at the #4 spot. Not when there's a dynamic first line player to go with Larkin and Mantha. The flashiness and big-game ability seems to scream "Winged Wheel" to me.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-To me, this is where the draft opens up. There are legitimate arguments for multiple players here, but I come down to two: Drysdale and Rossi. Looking at the defensive depth they have, and the fact that Stutzle isn't a guaranteed center, I decided to go with Rossi. I think a pretty decent defender can still be had at the Islander pick, if they want to go that route.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-As a Kings fans, it pains me to see the Ducks get exactly what they want. I'm sure when they dropped to 6, they were worried about not getting Drysdale. But in my view of the draft, he slides to them. Should be a very good pick-up, and it has me worried for future meetings between the Ducks and Kings.
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Holtz to New Jersey just makes too much sense. Elite shot with wicked accuracy, he'd look great next to either one of Hughes or Hischier. Think of it as a different Caufield for Hughes, especially.
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-So many mock drafts I see have the Sabres picking a center because "they need to find a 2C behind Eichel." I don't get that train of thought because it's forgetting that Buffalo has Cozens marinating. The kid is going to be a monster. Here, I find Perfetti (who's listed as a C but can play wing) as a good compliment to a player like Cozens. Gives them the option of two face-off men on the same line, where one is an extremely cerebral player. I think Perfetti might surprise some people in redrafts three years down the road. The other option I see here would be Jack Quinn, which could be the first real big surprise in the draft.
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-To me, Minnesota has seemed stuck in the middle for ages. A lot of drafts I've seen show them picking Lundell. And a center makes sense for the team. But I just don't see the upside in Lundell to warrant a top-10 pick. A guy who's billed as a reliable 2C when he reaches full potential is NOT what the Wild need to turn things around. For me, I think they swing for the fences here on a player with huge upside. The question is who? I've gone back and forth between players like Quinn, Jarvis, Zary, Holloway, and Sanderson. To me, the best fit is the right shooting Seth Jarvis as a hopeful candidate to play opposite to Kaprizov's left wing in a couple of years. This becomes the first real reach of my draft.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-There are only two real options for Winnipeg at this point: Sanderson or Lundell. The Finnish connection is too strong, and I think they go with Lundell. But man that blue line is looking pretty thin. Peg has had a tough go there the past couple of years.
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-I think BPA here is a coin-toss between Sanderson and Jack Quinn. When it's that close, team need can take precedence. This team needs supplementary scoring, so Jack Quinn is my pick.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Best case scenario for the Panthers. BPA and need align in a match made in heaven. Sanderson goes to a team that really struggled defensively. A safe bet for the top-4, he has potential to play alongside Ekblad in the future.
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoOne of my biggest questions in the draft is "Does Carolina pick something other than a forward?" They were quoted last year saying they'd never pick a defenseman in the first round while Dundon was the owner... That doesn't include goaltenders. So Askarov doesn't fall farther than 13, where a huge hole in the Hurricanes roster is filled. Seems to be a theme in my draft where BPA and team need align.
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-This is the section of the draft where I start to fall off of my knowledge of the players. With some decent defense prospects in the pipeline, I see Edmonton trying to supplement scoring. Zary, Holloway, Gunler all fit here. I'll go Holloway, a player that can play multiple positions, which will be useful when their lineups get shuffled around in games to put Drai next to McJesus.
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghToronto's pick... at the moment. We'll see if they trade it, but for the moment we'll pretend they keep it. Big question here is does the organization succumb to the public demand for a better defense, or do they go best player available. With Robertson in the system, I think they talk themselves into the first option. Schneider fits too well to not pick him. Not projected to be NHL ready right off the bat, but hey neither was Ville Heinola for Winnipeg or Tobias Bjornfot for LA. Both of whom are closer than originally thought.
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-With Kotkaniemi and Suzuki as their up-and-coming centers, I'm looking at the Canadians taking the best player available while also trying to bulk up a bit. Cole Caufield plays the right, so really like Rodion Amirov in the spot. High upside, lethal left winger to complement one of those top two lines.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-I don't think Gunler slips past Chicago, though I could also see them possibly looking at a Justin Barron. A scary but aging offense with Kane/Toews continues its youth movement, supplementing Dach, Kubalik, and Debrincat with the crafty Gunler
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaWith their second pick of the draft, I think New Jersey continues to try to build it's offense. Two high scoring wingers in Holtz and Mercer will certainly help.
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-Zary goes to Calgary in my draft. With questions surrounding many of their forwards this offseason and moving forward, this pick seems to make sense to me.
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverMan I wish the Kings had even a second pick in the first round, but here we are with New Jersey's third (probably, if Vegas completes the series). Time for someone not a forward as they try to round out their team. Guhle's my guy here.
21Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkAdding a right-handed defenseman to the mix is never a bad thing. Ottawa walks out of the first round with Stutzle, Rossi, and Barron. Pretty solid haul for a rebuilding team.
22Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what Columbus needs in their system. I'd love some input from Blue Jackets fans. PLD seems to have had a breakout post-season, but other than that I'm not too familiar with their younger guys. I'll pick Mysak just cuz.
23Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineWith the need for a good center, I see the Rangers taking a flyer on Lapierre. Yes, he's got his injury history. But with Lafreniere in the bag, it's time to take a home-run swing on a guy who's potential could be top-15 in the class... if he stays healthy.
24Logo de Stars de Dallas-I think Bourque makes sense here. Aging offense needs to help the young Hintz and Gurianov.
25Logo de Capitals de Washington-Brendan Brisson just sounds like a Washington Capitals name, let's be honest.
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Unfortunately, I don't see Lukas Reichel slipping out of the first round. I think he's very underrated and will surprise many when he gets picked in the first 31. He's a guy that I REALLY want on the Kings, but I feel as if we'll need to trade up to get him. Not exactly sure what the Blues need in their system, but this is where I'll put Reichel.
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonThe Ducks have two picks in the first round... Ugh. I see them going for BPA here, and that happens to be Bordeleau.
28Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Again, another team I'm not all that familiar with in regards to their prospect pool. If you're a Flyer's fan reading this, let me know who you think goes here out of the people I haven't picked yet. I'll say a defenseman for the sake of picking someone.
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Vegas is kind of an enigma. I don't think they have all that many high-end defenseman in their prospect pool, but they're relatively young on the blue line. Cody Glass and Peyton Krebs in the system have them fairly well positioned up front. So here, I think they go for whoever they think is BPA. Another thing to consider is that defenseman always get snapped up earlier than we think. My guess is that combo happens here.
30Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa BaySan Jose has a lot of holes in its prospect pool I think Perreault falling just a little bit to them makes them pretty happy.
31Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Capfriendly with the bold Colorado Stanley Cup win. Not looking too hot at the moment, but the's go with it. I still think they have a few question marks with their middle/bottom 6. A shooter like Foerster makes sense for them here, I think. Maybe a bit of a reach, but I like the pick.
1 sept. 2020 à 12 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
Pretty good. Although Sanderson will not fall to 12, and then Florida takes Guhle.
BuckoJoyde et PuckLuck_77 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2020 à 12 h 50
Being wrong is ok
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Ya did good I got some mild disagreements and thats bound to happen. Just dont show your bias tears of joy

Bro we are lucky if Jamie Drysdale falls to us. Y'all are set on QB or TS and thats great. Don't hate on us if we get some luck tears of joy

Q what makes Lucas Raymond a 4th overall pick?

Watching film and reading scouting reports I see a tenacious 2 way forward with good skating, with no scoring touch, great puck handling/possession, and high iq in forechecking/hockey in general. But being so small he gets knocked off the puck quite easily. Although, he fits our needs if JD isn't available I hope we pass on him. Idk I'm pretty suspect of him. That said, id pick him every day over Holtz.
PuckLuck_77 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2020 à 13 h 2
TrevorZegraaa
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 23
If you’re upset that the Ducks are getting Drysdale, I’m upset that you guys will end up with either Byfield or Stutzle lol. But you guys should be a solid and exciting team in the next several years. Just take it easy on Anaheim lol
PuckLuck_77 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2020 à 13 h 26
Thrash
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5
CBJ either goes a D-Man because jarmo has obsession with hoarding D players, or a good goal scorer.
PuckLuck_77 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2020 à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,258
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup
Pretty good. Although Sanderson will not fall to 12, and then Florida takes Guhle.

Defenseman always get taken early so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go before 12 as well. I just couldn't fit him into my draft earlier than that. Guhle would be an interesting pick for a Florida. An understandable reach, but if one of the other top 11 is still on the board I'd be hesitant to pick Guhle over any of them.

Quoting: BuckoJoyde
Ya did good I got some mild disagreements and thats bound to happen. Just dont show your bias tears of joy

Bro we are lucky if Jamie Drysdale falls to us. Y'all are set on QB or TS and thats great. Don't hate on us if we get some luck tears of joy

Q what makes Lucas Raymond a 4th overall pick?

Watching film and reading scouting reports I see a tenacious 2 way forward with good skating, with no scoring touch, great puck handling/possession, and high iq in forechecking/hockey in general. But being so small he gets knocked off the puck quite easily. Although, he fits our needs if JD isn't available I hope we pass on him. Idk I'm pretty suspect of him. That said, id pick him every day over Holtz.

I'll always show bias against the Ducks squinting with tongue out It's just part of the fun of a rivalry. That being said, to answer your question I disagree a bit when you say Raymond doesn't have scoring touch. He has shown up in big moments and has shown a deceptively good wrist shot. I agree it's not his best attribute, but his shiftiness and stickhandling are probably 3rd in the draft to me, behind Lafreniere and Stutzle. Add in that he's a great skater and has a lot of room for development, I just get the feeling that he's going to be sneaky good.

Quoting: brendenjakob
If you’re upset that the Ducks are getting Drysdale, I’m upset that you guys will end up with either Byfield or Stutzle lol. But you guys should be a solid and exciting team in the next several years. Just take it easy on Anaheim lol

If it was my rival team getting Byfield or Stutzle, you'd bet I'd be upset. It's perfectly fine for you to be hahaha. I'm excited to see the Turcotte/Zegras battles in a couple of years. Should be great hockey.

Quoting: Thrash
CBJ either goes a D-Man because jarmo has obsession with hoarding D players, or a good goal scorer.

Cool, thanks for the input. I think Mysak fits that pretty well. He's not necessarily a known shooter, but he has goal-scoring ability.
brendenjakob et BuckoJoyde a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2020 à 14 h 35
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Another NO to Habs picking Amirov based on the pain that Bergevin went thru to pry Romanov from the khl - if your picks hold its Gunler or Mercer
1 sept. 2020 à 14 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,781
Well done, I think this is a pretty solid mock. I appreciate all the work you put into it.

I like Holloway for the Oilers, I'd be happy if he is their pick. I'd prefer Jarvis actually, but I doubt he'll be around at 14. Of the players you have available at 14, Holloway would be my pick.
1 sept. 2020 à 15 h 6
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 903
Columbus needs offense, particularly up the middle. I think Bourque would be a great fit as a scoring threat, and Lapierre would be great if Jarmo's willing to make that gamble. If Zary or Holloway slip to our spot, they're not getting past it.
1 sept. 2020 à 15 h 26
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Wouldn't mind Amirov but I think Montreal goes with Gunler there. He plays both wings and can his stats are underrated in the SHL, he may have some nonchalance to his game from time to time when he just glides to backcheck but I'd take the risk on him. I feel like Amirov goes to a team with an already solid first line who would like to add some secondary scoring, a team like Calgary could make sense where Gaudreau seems to be on the go but they still have Tkatchuk.
1 sept. 2020 à 19 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
SJ fans would be very pleased with Perreault.
1 sept. 2020 à 20 h 5
Devils Guy
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 361
As a Devils fan, I like our picks. I think between the 2, if we have a chance between Guhle and Schneider, I'd like Schneider.
1 sept. 2020 à 21 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
"Lukas Reichel - Unfortunately, I don't see Lukas Reichel slipping out of the first round. I think he's very underrated and will surprise many when he gets picked in the first 31. He's a guy that I REALLY want on the Kings, but I feel as if we'll need to trade up to get him. Not exactly sure what the Blues need in their system, but this is where I'll put Reichel."

I couldn't agree more. I really hope the Wings trade up for him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage