Forums/Armchair-GM

Keep Petro v115

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2020-21 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 26 août 2020
Publié: 26 août 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I run through hundreds of these scenarios, this one seems to be realistic IMO. Bozak and Steen would be more difficult to move and I don't like the idea of paying futures to move them since there isn't much in the pipeline right now. A Koski-Allen tandem would be an improvement over what they are currently running with. If Mcleod is too rich for their blood, could be a lesser return and it still works. SJ could use a cost-effective RW. (Sorry to all the Sharks fans that keep seeing me draw this one up lol I just think there's a good fit/concept there.)

Biggest concern is in goal (hello darkness my old friend). It'll be interesting to see how quickly Hofer adjusts to the pro game. If Husso moves up, Hofer could get a lot of games in Springfield and potentially accelerate his development. But then again... goalies bruh.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
23 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
69 270 000 $
11 000 000 $
Transactions
STL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (TBL)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (WSH)
STL
  1. McLeod, Ryan
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de TBL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de CAR
Logo de STL
Logo de EDM
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de WSH
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $72 158 848 $306 349 $637 500 $9 341 152 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 8
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
1 475 000 $1 475 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
9 270 000 $9 270 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 275 000 $3 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 août 2020 à 12 h 5
rip
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 48
I think Allen to Edmonton makes sense, but you’d have to take on a contract like Chiasson or russell to make it work
26 août 2020 à 12 h 7
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,881
no need to apologize, SJ accepts this, perfect fit.
A_K a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 7
Bringer_Of_Snow
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 670
I do like the idea of potentially targeting Allen, but the cap simply doesn't work here. Any deal the Oilers make, needs to have salaries balanced.

I also am a huge fan of McLeods, so would prefer not to move him, although the value is probably fair.

Side question, any chance at all the Blues would potentially move Parayko to make room for Pietrangelo, given that Faulk is signed long term on the right side?
26 août 2020 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 226
Like the fit of Perron, just have doubts that SJ is not at or near the top of his 5 team no trade list. Between his time in Vegas, the Thornton hit, and the playoff series of late (on top of SJ being at the bottom of the league this year) I just can't see him wanting to come out here even though the fit from the Sharks end would be very solid.
A_K a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 12
Quoting: Bringer_Of_Snow
I do like the idea of potentially targeting Allen, but the cap simply doesn't work here. Any deal the Oilers make, needs to have salaries balanced.

I also am a huge fan of McLeods, so would prefer not to move him, although the value is probably fair.

Side question, any chance at all the Blues would potentially move Parayko to make room for Pietrangelo, given that Faulk is signed long term on the right side?

Given Dubas' comments, I see a Parayko to TOR for the PIT 1st + Something else in the future. Just makes too much sense to happen. Petro, Parayko, and Faulk down the right side is great, but too expensive and probably overkill given the other holes on the roster. You have a viable cheap bottom pair guy in Bortuzzo signed as well so makes sense to move on from one of those guys. Given Parayko is due for a raise soon and Faulk is locked up long-term it just makes sense to trade him now to be able to bring back Petro and sign other guys like Thomas, Schwartz, etc. when their deals come due soon.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,333

I wonder if @kailer_memeamoto 's Allen for Chiasson concept would work cap-wise with these other moves here (and leaving off the Clifford signing). Looks like it would require another move but pretty close to working out.

I hope they don't trade Parayko because of Faulk. Faulk's extension has screwed everything up lol. He doesn't really fill a need, he just fills cap space. I.e. he can't replace Petro or Parayko on the ice, but now he's there taking up that space. Optimistically, I think he can get 20+ minutes by playing on either the L or R side - it worked with all 3 of those righties this year, although it probably hurt Faulk's performance since he didn't really take on a big role. So I don't think the Blues would trade Parayko, but if someone came with a home run offer, I guess it's a possibility. But it would have to save cap and add NHL talent, and that can be a tricky package to come up with during this flat cap period.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 16
Good Opinion Haver
Mentions "j'aime": 939
Quoting: SJS2212
Given Dubas' comments, I see a Parayko to TOR for the Carolina 1st + Something else in the future. Just makes too much sense to happen. Petro, Parayko, and Faulk down the right side is great, but too expensive and probably overkill given the other holes on the roster. You have a viable cheap bottom pair guy in Bortuzzo signed as well so makes sense to move on from one of those guys. Given Parayko is due for a raise soon and Faulk is locked up long-term it just makes sense to trade him now to be able to bring back Petro and sign other guys like Thomas, Schwartz, etc. when their deals come due soon.

I can't see us moving Parayko until we absolutely have to. We're in win-now mode, and trading one of your best players for futures I don't think is the move to keep that going. Maybe for a scoring top-six forward but I don't think Toronto will part with one of those.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 17
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
I like both of these and think they both make a ton of sense.

My only concern would be if Edmonton can afford $8.5 mil worth of goaltending...they're at $70 mil right now with AA (Gotta think he gets a raise with a 30 goal season under his belt, but what a gamble...guy has so much potential but didn't seem to fit in with the Oilers), Benning and Bear.

You add Allen and Sanford, which gets you to $75.5, AA at $3.5(Might be too light, but the 30 goal season could Ef them?), so $79, then need to fit in Benning and Bear, plus another forward and another D.

Oilers are deep-ish at RD, especially given that Bouchard *should* make the team next year, so they could certainly try to move one of Larsson, Benning or Russell, but you'd probably be selling low on them. Not sure if the addition of Allen and Sandford outweighs that.
A_K et Schneemaa a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Guess I better move Tarasenko to LTIR cry

pain
TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 33
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Given Dubas' comments, I see a Parayko to TOR for the PIT 1st + Something else in the future. Just makes too much sense to happen. Petro, Parayko, and Faulk down the right side is great, but too expensive and probably overkill given the other holes on the roster. You have a viable cheap bottom pair guy in Bortuzzo signed as well so makes sense to move on from one of those guys. Given Parayko is due for a raise soon and Faulk is locked up long-term it just makes sense to trade him now to be able to bring back Petro and sign other guys like Thomas, Schwartz, etc. when their deals come due soon.

What comments by dubas are you referring to?
26 août 2020 à 12 h 33
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
I can't see us moving Parayko until we absolutely have to. We're in win-now mode, and trading one of your best players for futures I don't think is the move to keep that going. Maybe for a scoring top-six forward but I don't think Toronto will part with one of those.

I don't see it as simply moving for futures. I view it more as trading Parayko for Pietrangelo. You can also always take the assets acquired from Toronto and package it elsewhere to get the forward help. I just don't see the utility in having that much money in the right side of the defense when you have a hot commodity asset that is likely going to price himself out of town in 2 years anyway. If that's not the case, then the Faulk trade makes absolutely zero sense. Don't see a way that having all 3 of those guys back next season makes sense.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 34
Quoting: Jamiepo
What comments by dubas are you referring to?

That if he can find a way to use that 15th overall pick to help the team now that he is going to use it to acquire a roster player. Using it in a deal for a top end RD would be about as much of a filling a need move as one could find.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 36
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: A_K
Guess I better move Tarasenko to LTIR cry

pain

Depending on when the next season start, this could give you the freedom to sign Pietro, and deal with the cap issues down the line. Silver linings, friend.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Lenny7
Depending on when the next season start, this could give you the freedom to sign Pietro, and deal with the cap issues down the line. Silver linings, friend.

I can't remember the rules on LTIR to open the season, but I think you're right. This pushes the problem down the road, and we can play Faulk on PP1 to inflate his value and move him before the deadline... right? please? anyone?
Lenny7 et rja40 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 12 h 51
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,382

Zero.

And this guy is in a dreamworld. Like... no. None of this.

26 août 2020 à 14 h 4
Formerly Jamiepo
I can't remember the rules on LTIR to open the season, but I think you're right. This pushes the problem down the road, and we can play Faulk on PP1 to inflate his value and move him before the deadline... right? please? anyone?

Even with inflated pp numbers I just don’t see anyone biting on fail I’ll and that contract.

Yes ltir could be used to sign petro. Even if offseason ltir is used he could be signed then as the relief is added on top of the 10% buffer.
A_K a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Even with inflated pp numbers I just don’t see anyone biting on fail I’ll and that contract.

Yes ltir could be used to sign petro. Even if offseason ltir is used he could be signed then as the relief is added on top of the 10% buffer.

Oh I know it's just wishful thinking, we're gonna have to enjoy what we can with Faulk ... and try not to think about whose money he took frown
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 14 h 12
Formerly Jamiepo
Oh I know it's just wishful thinking, we're gonna have to enjoy what we can with Faulk ... and try not to think about whose money he took frown

I just don’t understand that move for the blues. Can only assume petro was pushing for a lot of money.
rja40 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 14 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
I just don’t understand that move for the blues. Can only assume petro was pushing for a lot of money.

Only Dougie Armstrong knows lol. I'm not sure if any other team would've given Faulk that extension, let alone the Blues who already had one of the strongest right sides and needed to keep that cap space... oh well could always be worse
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
26 août 2020 à 14 h 46
Quoting: mokumboi
Zero.

And this guy is in a dreamworld. Like... no. None of this.

Got it. So giving up more assets to offload cap dumps like Steen or Bozak is a better strategy than moving Parayko and actually gaining assets in return? Smart business /s. Especially when it's a foregone conclusion that Parayko is most likely going to price himself out of STL at the end of his deal if Petro is re-signed. One of those three have to go.

It's a luxury having all 3, but the drop off is not severe enough on the 2nd pair between Faulk and Parayko to warrant not moving a valuable commodity for a big return. It's asset management 101. They made a mistake giving Faulk that much money/term probably (just like the Sharks did with Karlsson/Burns), but you don't double down on a mistake by making another one and holding onto an asset too long to the point it loses value. Parayko fetches a big return this offseason, the Blues gain space to re-sign their captain while adding to their future as opposed to giving it up to offload bad contracts and also don't lose a ton as they have a plug and play good 2nd pairing RD. It's not a hard concept.
26 août 2020 à 15 h 23
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,382
Got it. So giving up more assets to offload cap dumps like Steen or Bozak is a better strategy than moving Parayko and actually gaining assets in return? Smart business /s. Especially when it's a foregone conclusion that Parayko is most likely going to price himself out of STL at the end of his deal if Petro is re-signed. One of those three have to go.

It's a luxury having all 3, but the drop off is not severe enough on the 2nd pair between Faulk and Parayko to warrant not moving a valuable commodity for a big return. It's asset management 101. They made a mistake giving Faulk that much money/term probably (just like the Sharks did with Karlsson/Burns), but you don't double down on a mistake by making another one and holding onto an asset too long to the point it loses value. Parayko fetches a big return this offseason, the Blues gain space to re-sign their captain while adding to their future as opposed to giving it up to offload bad contracts and also don't lose a ton as they have a plug and play good 2nd pairing RD. It's not a hard concept.

You can't possibly be serious with this.
26 août 2020 à 18 h 8
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 653

I've read a lot of talk about the Blues having to move Parayko now in order to re-sign Petro. What I haven't seen (and none of us likely will at any rate) is discussion on whether Armstrong wants to keep Petro anyway. It is easy for us to get on CapFriendly and say, "Oh, the Blues MUST sign Pietrangelo or else..." This is not Armstrong's first rodeo. I think most hockey people admit Petro is a valuable piece and worthy of the significant contract he probably inks from someone, but why does it have to be the Blues? Sure, he's the captain. Sure, he won a cup. Sure, he's still in the tail end of his prime and probably gives you another solid four years. And the most over-stated phrase I hear is, "but, but, but the Blues are in a cup window now." Army likely understands that signing Petro long-term to the amount of money he deserves hamstrings the Blues long-term. Compare this to the St. Louis Cardinals not electing to sign Albert Pujols while he was in the tail end of his prime. We St. Louisans would love to have had Albert retire a Cardinal, but it would have hampered them from plugging needed holes elsewhere. And, as time showed us, the big contract he was given ended up preventing the Angels from putting together a pitching staff needed to win a World Series. Army knows this and probably would like to re-sign Petro, but he also is probably seasoned enough to understand it would be unwise to kill the team long-term just so he and the St. Louis fans can feel good about themselves. Our best goal scorer was gone all year and we finished second in the entire league. We can move on without Petro, and Army knows this.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage