Forums/Armchair-GM

Why do the ducks want to keep Manson

Créé par: Jack_
Équipe: 2019-20 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 23 avr. 2020
Publié: 23 avr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hes almost 29 and hes starting to decline. Hes got two years left and the ducks wont be good for either of those two seasons. Signing him after his current contract expires wont be a good idea, he'll want term and he shouldn't get term. Keeping him makes no sense. They're rebuilding manson shouldn't be in their long term plans. If he is they could just resign him as a ufa. I almost guarantee they will trade him as a rental or next season so te team gets 1.5 years of him but they should just trade him now so they can get the best possible return.

Unless theres something I'm missing I dont understand why they would want to keep him. They could literally replace him with Cody Ceci and it wouldn't make a difference. They could sign ceci as a ufa and they would be better off then if they were to just keep manson.

The trade doesnt have much to do with this but I would like it to happen
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de NSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de NSH
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $65 384 457 $0 $1 200 000 $16 115 543 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
863 333 $863 333 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
874 125 $874 125 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 456 250 $1 456 250 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 133 333 $1 133 333 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
UFA - 8
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 602 778 $2 602 778 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 200 000 $$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
894 166 $894 166 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
675 000 $675 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,626
Quoting: AFOX10900
Yes, just sign anyone to fill a first pair and great leadership role, that easy, you can just find them on the streets

They dont need a first pairing defenseman. They're a bottom 5 team with him. If hes such a great leader they can resign him when they need a leader. They can literally put anyone there. They are a team that should be tanking. They could honestly put backes there and it wouldnt matter because they suck anyways
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 16
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,751
Quoting: Jack_
Jesus christ dude, I dont even know what to say. I'm not sure who hurt you but not everyone is like that. There are lots of fish in the sea, you will find someone else.

Keep your childish efforts at psychoanalysis to yourself -- you're just not intellectually fit for it. It only makes you look even worse.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 17
Once a Kings Fan Too
Yes, just sign anyone to fill a first pair and great leadership role, that easy, you can just find them on the streets

You're having a battle of wits with the proverbial unarmed child. It annoys me to see you waste your time trying to reason with this dolt.
Dan10900 a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 18
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
They dont need a first pairing defenseman. They're a bottom 5 team with him. If hes such a great leader they can resign him when they need a leader. They can literally put anyone there. They are a team that should be tanking. They could honestly put backes there and it wouldnt matter because they suck anyways

Ok, so when they're ready to compete in 2-3 years... Who's gonna be there... They still don't have an RD, if they stay at 5, they shouldn't (and likely won't, GMBM generally drafts BPA) go for Drysdale, so if they get Grans or Niemela at 31, they aren't gonna be ready to play top pair by the time the rest of the core can compete, Manson would still be the best option there, and they need the leadership now, they have Zegras Jones Mahura Larsson Guhle Steel Terry Comtois Lundestrom all competing for roster spots next year... Plus once you trade a guy away it's not usually so easy to just oh sign them back anytime, what if TOR extends him, what if he gets a bigger offer somewhere else, then you're without your best RD and best leader in the defense (imo at least) going in to compete
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Keep your childish efforts at psychoanalysis to yourself -- you're just not intellectually fit for it. It only makes you look even worse.

??? I ask a valid question and all of a sudden I'm childish because ducks fans dont like the answer? That makes absolutely no sense
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,304
I'm surprised by this comment because I've grown accustomed to seeing intelligent insight from you.

I feel the same about you with respect to what follows this line in your comment. Though I suppose you are defending your team from insult so it's understandable.

By the same token, Toronto isn't a serious playoff contender with that porous gong show you all so laughably call a defense for the balance of Freddie Andersen's contract, so why not commit to sucking and trading HIM while you can still get future assets for him?

Toronto is very clearly a playoff contender with that defense considering they are in a playoff spot with 12-ish games remaining in the season despite missing both Muzzin and Rielly for significant stretches. They could use an upgrade on the right, of course, but 'gong-show' is an exaggeration. Why would they commit to sucking when they don't suck? They committed to sucking when they did suck and it's made them much better. I'm actually not opposed to trading Andersen if they could return somebody else cheaper because I don't think it's the best idea to keep him. He'll be too old and too expensive.

Winning matters. You put the best team on the ice that you can. "Commit to sucking" and you end up like Arizona or Buffalo. It takes time to instill a tradition and expectation of winning, as all of your team's first-round exits shows. Your GM has a chance to "better your draft position and by extension your future" by simply keeping Patrick Marleau and your first-round draft pick this year and making some other adjustments, thereby insuring a much better team in 2021-2022. How come he didn't?

'Putting the best team on the ice that you can no matter what' is a philosophy that will get you stuck in never ending mediocrity. The Leafs are a good example of that. Burke/Nonis thought the team was better than it was and made moves that reflected that. It led to some bad years. Once the Leafs front office (Shanahan mainly) decided, 'hey, we aren't good enough and we're going to rebuild' and committed to sucking, it didn't take too long to turn things around. Just look at the last 10 years of Cup teams. What do they all have in common? Players selected at the top, top end of the draft - Elite talent. Rebuilding or 'committing to sucking' is a proven method of future success. All I'm suggesting is that the Duck's should take that route.

The Marleau comment makes absolutely no sense, and you know it. You're smart, you're just upset. If the Leafs kept Marleau they would absolutely not be better in 2021-22.
Jack_ a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
Ok, so when they're ready to compete in 2-3 years... Who's gonna be there... They still don't have an RD, if they stay at 5, they shouldn't (and likely won't, GMBM generally drafts BPA) go for Drysdale, so if they get Grans or Niemela at 31, they aren't gonna be ready to play top pair by the time the rest of the core can compete, Manson would still be the best option there, and they need the leadership now, they have Zegras Jones Mahura Larsson Guhle Steel Terry Comtois Lundestrom all competing for roster spots next year... Plus once you trade a guy away it's not usually so easy to just oh sign them back anytime, what if TOR extends him, what if he gets a bigger offer somewhere else, then you're without your best RD and best leader in the defense (imo at least) going in to compete

The leafs probably wont trade for him but no matter where he goes his next contract will not be good. Maybe he wants to stay in Anaheim. There will be other options on the market if they cant get manson. He'll be 31 but the time his new contract begins, giving a 31 year old defenseman term (which he will want) is one of the worst things an up and coming team could do. At that age he'll only have a year or two of being a top pairing defenseman (if he still even is) at that point
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 33
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
The leafs probably wont trade for him but no matter where he goes his next contract will not be good. Maybe he wants to stay in Anaheim. There will be other options on the market if they cant get manson. He'll be 31 but the time his new contract begins, giving a 31 year old defenseman term (which he will want) is one of the worst things an up and coming team could do. At that age he'll only have a year or two of being a top pairing defenseman (if he still even is) at that point

Whatever, we'll agree to disagree on all the points I previously made... Look at a ducks depth chart... RN the only needs are RD, and a high end scoring forward (which they're not going to get for Manson alone)... It doesn't really make sense for another team to trade a prospect RHD(likely+) for Manson, and that's all the ducks want... They already have too many middle 6 forwards and LD, and Gibson+Dostal in net long term...
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 34
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
They could use an upgrade on the right, of course, but 'gong-show' is an exaggeration. Why would they commit to sucking when they don't suck?

The Marleau comment makes absolutely no sense, and you know it. You're smart, you're just upset. If the Leafs kept Marleau they would absolutely not be better in 2021-22.

Did you not notice that Toronto is 27th in the League in goals allowed? And that Anaheim gave up effectively the same number, although in one more game?

You really think that 2020 first-round pick wouldn't make a difference two seasons from now? You guys must draft really badly. Robertson was just an accident?
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,113
I can certainly understand why Ducks, who don't have replacement would trade Manson. But I don't understand why so many think Manson is such a difference maker now.
Jack_ a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 47
Did you not notice that Toronto is 27th in the League in goals allowed? And that Anaheim gave up effectively the same number, although in one more game?

You really think that 2020 first-round pick wouldn't make a difference two seasons from now? You guys must draft really badly. Robertson was just an accident?

Yes, I did notice that, and I, as well as most who watch the Leafs, understand that it's more an issue of team defense than defensive personnel. Again, they could use an upgrade, but without more commitment from the forwards, the best 'defensive Dman' in the league wouldn't solve their issues; though it would help, obviously.

Late first round picks often don't make the NHL after one more season of development and it's even less often that they make a legitimate impact in their rookie year. Let's also not forget the cap implications of that move. Without trading him, how do they sign Marner? Either they bridge him (He wanted like $8m+ on a bridge) or they trade out significant pieces. Or potentially both. They wouldn't be better in 2021-22.
23 avr. 2020 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: palhal
I can certainly understand why Ducks, who don't have replacement would trade Manson. But I don't understand why so many think Manson is such a difference maker now.

Hes 29 and not getting any younger. Hes got maybe 2 years of being a top pair defenseman, 3 if hes extremely lucky. His next contract will not be good. Keeping him after his contract isnt a smart move, there will be a dumb team willing to overpay him
23 avr. 2020 à 19 h 8
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,113
Modifié 23 avr. 2020 à 19 h 20
Hes 29 and not getting any younger. Hes got maybe 2 years of being a top pair defenseman, 3 if hes extremely lucky. His next contract will not be good. Keeping him after his contract isnt a smart move, there will be a dumb team willing to overpay him

I would prefer just to give away Johnsson for cap space and then sign UFA Dman....who is likely cheaper than 4.1 Manson. This way Liljegren or Kapanen or whatever it takes to acquire Manson remain Leafs
Jack_ a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 19 h 44
Modifié 23 avr. 2020 à 20 h 38
@OldNYIfan Y'know what, I want to extend an olive branch here because reflecting on our conversation I feel that things got a little hostile and I don't like that. I should not have said that they would be stupid not to trade Manson; it is important to make sure that your young stars don't walk into a new environment and immediately get curb stomped. They should keep some guys, not just sell the farm. However, it is my unwavering opinion that if the Ducks keep Manson through his contract and fail to make the playoffs, it will have been a mistake. Fair?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2020 à 22 h 51
Once a Kings Fan Too
@OldNYIfan Y'know what, I want to extend an olive branch here because reflecting on our conversation I feel that things got a little hostile and I don't like that. I should not have said that they would be stupid not to trade Manson; it is important to make sure that your young stars don't walk into a new environment and immediately get curb stomped. They should keep some guys, not just sell the farm. However, it is my unwavering opinion that if the Ducks keep Manson through his contract and fail to make the playoffs, it will have been a mistake. Fair?

Absolutely fair. Now that's the kind of opinion on which we can agree to differ; certainly either one of us could come over to the "opposite side" two years down the line. However, I don't think I will ever be converted to the idea that losing is a good move. In the 1970's I was in business with one of the world's great contract bridge professionals, and he told me something I'll never forget: I've lost a lot of matches I expected to win, but I've never won a match I expected to lose. Planning to lose, and accepting losing, is, well, a losing proposition.

I'm sorry if anything I said to you came across as hostile. (To the OP is a different matter.) I will be the first to admit that sometimes I can be a grouchy old fart. I respect your insight, knowledge and opinion and I flatter myself that you give mine some weight, too. I did not construe anything you said as objectionable in the slightest.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2020 à 12 h 45
Modifié 24 avr. 2020 à 17 h 3
Absolutely fair. Now that's the kind of opinion on which we can agree to differ; certainly either one of us could come over to the "opposite side" two years down the line. However, I don't think I will ever be converted to the idea that losing is a good move. In the 1970's I was in business with one of the world's great contract bridge professionals, and he told me something I'll never forget: I've lost a lot of matches I expected to win, but I've never won a match I expected to lose. Planning to lose, and accepting losing, is, well, a losing proposition.

I'm sorry if anything I said to you came across as hostile. (To the OP is a different matter.) I will be the first to admit that sometimes I can be a grouchy old fart. I respect your insight, knowledge and opinion and I flatter myself that you give mine some weight, too. I did not construe anything you said as objectionable in the slightest.

Hostile was maybe the wrong word to use. It just got a little heated. Glad we could respectfully come down on two different sides of an opinion.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2020 à 17 h 3
Once a Kings Fan Too
Hostile was maybe the wrong word to use. It just got a little heated. Glad we could respectfully come down on two different different sides of an opinion.

I think "hostile" was fine. It certainly helped defuse the situation.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
28 avr. 2020 à 11 h 6
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,850
“Why do the Ducks want to keep Manson?”

Then YOU go and trade for him
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You really are the worst poster on here
Pathetic
28 avr. 2020 à 11 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Jdfitz77
“Why do the Ducks want to keep Manson?”

Then YOU go and trade for him
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You really are the worst poster on here
Pathetic

That makes absolutely no sense
28 avr. 2020 à 11 h 15
That makes absolutely no sense

If he’s declining to the point that the Ducks don’t want him,
then why would YOU?

Your hypocrisy is easily detectable
It’s not rocket science
28 avr. 2020 à 22 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
If he’s declining to the point that the Ducks don’t want him,
then why would YOU?

Your hypocrisy is easily detectable
It’s not rocket science

Because hes still got 2 or 3 good years left. Those two years will be on a tanking team. Maybe you should think about something before wasting everyone's time posting
29 avr. 2020 à 11 h 46
Because hes still got 2 or 3 good years left. Those two years will be on a tanking team. Maybe you should think about something before wasting everyone's time posting

1- i missed where the Ducks said they were tanking

2- IF they were, then they should be moving a lot more guys than just Manson, which is all you did

Stick to not knowing about your sh!tty team,
no one else wants u on their pages

It’s why your BS gets CONSTANTLY roasted 😂
29 avr. 2020 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
1- i missed where the Ducks said they were tanking

2- IF they were, then they should be moving a lot more guys than just Manson, which is all you did

Stick to not knowing about your sh!tty team,
no one else wants u on their pages

It’s why your BS gets CONSTANTLY roasted 😂

I would hope they are tanking because if they are trying to win they are doing a really ****ty job of doing so. They should be moving most guys but my question was why they wanted to keep manson so much. He doesnt help them in any way and they could get a bunch of assets for him. You should probably stop with your ****ty assumptions. Theres a reason everyone else besides Sabres fans roast you and your fellow fans
29 avr. 2020 à 18 h 25
I would hope they are tanking because if they are trying to win they are doing a really ****ty job of doing so. They should be moving most guys but my question was why they wanted to keep manson so much. He doesnt help them in any way and they could get a bunch of assets for him. You should probably stop with your ****ty assumptions. Theres a reason everyone else besides Sabres fans roast you and your fellow fans

U get roasted here more than anyone I’ve ever seen!
Stick to the Leafs posts kiddo
29 avr. 2020 à 19 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Kings v5 GM
U get roasted here more than anyone I’ve ever seen!
Stick to the Leafs posts kiddo

I dont really but if you think I do then its because I'm not saying exactly what they want to hear.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage