SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

This team is an embarassment

8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 53
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,138
Another 3rd period lead blown, more easy points dropped, of course against a non contender, what can I say? This team is done. Let's go Raptors
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
The team ran out of gas in the third period on the second game of a back to back. It happens.
zk97, SevenLeg, Trickster and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 56
MakingHistory
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 451
hahahahahahahhahahah all that tie up in 4 players and can't win in OT
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 56
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,576
Quoting: BCAPP
The team ran out of gas in the third period on the second game of a back to back. It happens.

as a Habs fan, I agree
but that Kovy goal was slick
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,138

If this was the first time I'd agree, but this was yet another 3rd period lead blown, especially when Campbell gave them every chance to win it. This team isn't winning S**t
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 58
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,506
That's the Kovalchuk effect
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 58
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,707
Think Dubas is at the le garage getting that gasket he blew in his mind replaced!
8 févr. 2020 à 22 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 240

explain the other 3 games this week then?
8 févr. 2020 à 22 h 6
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 989
Your name perfectly explains this post lol
8 févr. 2020 à 22 h 8
Sam Pollock
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 46
I think thats a bit of an overpay ..maybe not
McGruff a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2020 à 23 h 24
Campbe11
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Keefe is not ready to coach in the NHL.
1) He got outmatched all night by a sub-par team
2) He plays the top players way too much
3) He doesn't play the character players enough
BOTH LEAD TO INJURIES!
4) What was Holl doing on the ice in the overtime? anyone, anyone?
5) Quit catering to Barrie's fragile sensitivities and bench him. OMG, that was pathetic!
6) 3 points out of 8 is an embarrassment and that is on the coach.
and Dubis but getting Jack Campbell is a brightspot!

****PLAYOFFS, seriously??? not one of the three losses this week were playoff teams and the only win we get is a another blown 3rd period against a very BAD team.***

Jack was solid
9 févr. 2020 à 1 h 14
Quoting: BLIvingston33
explain the other 3 games this week then?

Mostly ****ty goaltending.
9 févr. 2020 à 1 h 22
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
BOTH LEAD TO INJURIES!
5) Quit catering to Barrie's fragile sensitivities and bench him. OMG, that was pathetic!

****PLAYOFFS, seriously??? not one of the three losses this week were playoff teams and the only win we get is a another blown 3rd period against a very BAD team.***

Jack was solid

Let's judge a guy on 3 games not his entire season because only ****ty coaches have bad 3 game stretches.

Leafs were 9-10-4 under Babcock. A 78 point pace
Leafs are 20-9-4 under Keefe. A 109 point pace.

Considering the Leafs best season of all time is 105 points, I'd say Keefe is coaching totally fine
leaflet et TMLSage a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2020 à 2 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
BOTH LEAD TO INJURIES!

Jack was solid

Keefe is learning on the job, but I disagree with some of your points.

2) Any coach (except Babcock) would play Matthews 20 minutes +. And ironically perhaps, Matthews has become our best defensive forward this year, so I don't mind seeing him more.

3) What character players?? There aren't so many on the team. We have Muzzin, and he was on the ice most of the time tonight.

I don't like his tendency to experiment during important games (e.g. Holl as the starter in overtime, playing 7D for no reason in a game we can't afford to lose, and so on), and the defensive game is still much of a work in progress. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.
9 févr. 2020 à 3 h 0
Campbe11
Let's judge a guy on 3 games not his entire season because only ****ty coaches have bad 3 game stretches.

Leafs were 9-10-4 under Babcock. A 78 point pace
Leafs are 20-9-4 under Keefe. A 109 point pace.

Considering the Leafs best season of all time is 105 points, I'd say Keefe is coaching totally fine

Unsustainable because players sit on bench get cold, over played players get fatigued... Both are recipes for injury. Or is the hockey God picking on us again with all these injuries.
9 févr. 2020 à 3 h 6
Campbe11
Quoting: leaflet

2) Any coach (except Babcock) would play Matthews 20 minutes +. And ironically perhaps, Matthews has become our best defensive forward this year, so I don't mind seeing him more.

3) What character players?? There aren't so many on the team. We have Muzzin, and he was on the ice most of the time tonight.

I don't like his tendency to experiment during important games (e.g. Holl as the starter in overtime, playing 7D for no reason in a game we can't afford to lose, and so on), and the defensive game is still much of a work in progress. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.

It don't matter how you slice it, he isn't good enough and the 112 point pace people are quoting was from 3 games ago... Losing 2 of those. Dubis better act fast because the heat is rising.
9 févr. 2020 à 15 h 46
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
Quoting: leaflet

This is the realization that Babcock should have been fired after the playoff series loss and not in the middle of the season.

Keefe will play catchup with the players for the rest of the season because he didn't get the off-season to prepare for the season and playoffs.

If there's people to be mad at for this, it clearly falls on Shanny and Dubas but more on Shanny...just because Babcock was a Shanny hire.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2020 à 16 h 37
Campbe11
Quoting: oneX
This is the realization that Babcock should have been fired after the playoff series loss and not in the middle of the season.

Keefe will play catchup with the players for the rest of the season because he didn't get the off-season to prepare for the season and playoffs.

If there's people to be mad at for this, it clearly falls on Shanny and Dubas but more on Shanny...just because Babcock was a Shanny hire.

I agree, Dubis trade-wise appears to be even (good to bad ratio) using a narrowed optics lens; but, when you step back and look at the big picture we have taken many major steps back. Since he took the reins from Lou...

Good getting Muzzin, based on a personal bias AND Bad, because Muzzin only complicates the defensive situation and fixed nothing.
****Jack Campbell is a good add
****Clifford would be great if we made the playoffs... growing doubtful these days
**** Signing Tavares
Bad,
****in the number of picks he keeps tossing away
****Barrie is a bust
****Cece
****Timing of coach change
****Letting back-up goaltending become a problem in the first place

Well that's not very even, is it? Maybe we should give him credit for our great player's accomplishments, but hey he inherited most of those players didn't he?

Can't argue that! no matter how Badly you want too! and that is on Shanahan.

How long before we start discussing the elephant in the Leafs Nation... Maybe Dubis isn't ready to be a GM in the NHL?
9 févr. 2020 à 16 h 41
Campbe11
I agree, Dubis trade-wise appears to be even (good to bad ratio) using a narrowed optics lens; but, when you step back and look at the big picture we have taken many major steps back. Since he took the reins from Lou...

Good getting Muzzin, based on a personal bias AND Bad, because Muzzin only complicates the defensive situation and fixed nothing.
****Clifford would be great if we made the playoffs... growing doubtful these days
**** Signing Tavares
Bad,
****Barrie is a bust
****Cece

Well that's not very even, is it? Maybe we should give him credit for our great player's accomplishments, but hey he inherited most of those players didn't he?

How long before we start discussing the elephant in the Leafs Nation... Maybe Dubis isn't ready to be a GM in the NHL?

So that you all know, I like I would bet all of you really wanted Dubis to be the answer, and yes this is coming from an extreme disappointment. There is no excuse!
10 févr. 2020 à 9 h 20
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,205
My opinion on this thread:

5a6ba9b417842552248b4c5d?width=1200&format=jpeg
11 févr. 2020 à 21 h 47
Campbe11

**** Signing Tavares
Bad,
****Barrie is a bust
****Cece

Best Coach and GM ever!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage