Forums/Armchair-GM

Pietrangelo realistic deal for both sides

Créé par: SammyT_51
Équipe: 2018-19 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 janv. 2019
Publié: 2 janv. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The source of the trade talks is reliable so i think that there would be something maybe.
Transactions
STL
  1. Brown, Connor
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. Zaitsev, Nikita
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2019 (TOR)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
2020 2nd is conditional and it would change to 1st if Toronto wins SC in 2019 or 2020 (condition based on McDonagh to Tampa deal)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $72 211 111 $2 550 000 $5 400 000 $7 288 889 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 1
787 500 $787 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 1
10 277 778 $10 277 778 $
AD
UFA - 6
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
AD
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 janv. 2019 à 7 h 16
Thank you Pavelski
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,490
I dunno about this...for a rebuilding team, only Liljegren is a tempting asset...they don't really need Zaitsev or Brown, and low first(s) also are not that interesting...especially when the team is dealing TOP10 D-men in the world...

Even NYR got a better return for McDonagh than that. Namestnikov and Miller -move aside, NYR got two high ceiling good prospects and two potential firsts...
SammyT_51 et A_K a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 7 h 29
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Quoting: BurgerBoss
I dunno about this...for a rebuilding team, only Liljegren is a tempting asset...they don't really need Zaitsev or Brown, and low first(s) also are not that interesting...especially when the team is dealing TOP10 D-men in the world...

Even NYR got a better return for McDonagh than that. Namestnikov and Miller -move aside, NYR got two high ceiling good prospects and two potential firsts...

Torontos firsts and TBLs firsts are literally the same value because they are around the same place. And STL are getting two potential firsts as well as tampa did. Liljegren has much higher upside than Hajek so Im suggesting that defensively sound scorer would be nice for them on right side and 1st PP maybe because their PP is not that great. Howden is on Browns level potential wise, both are potential 20 goal/40-50 point scorers but Brown is older so thats lowering his value and also fact that Howden is C. Howden is as much better than Brown as Liljegren is better than Hajek imho. So I think the value is there. Also Toronto is not getting Miller like player back, just a depth C in Sundqvist. I tried to make it as fair as possible.
2 janv. 2019 à 7 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
I agree that value is comparable to the McD trade...and that McD and Pietrangelo are very similar....the only difference to me is that the Rangers advertised their fire sale and were very motivated to trade McD.

The pressure may change for St. Louis between now and the deadline...but I think the offer will need to be a little higher to get them to pull the trigger on Pietrangelo. Perhaps this time next year is a different story.
SammyT_51 et A_K a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 3
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Quoting: Juice
I agree that value is comparable to the McD trade...and that McD and Pietrangelo are very similar....the only difference to me is that the Rangers advertised their fire sale and were very motivated to trade McD.

The pressure may change for St. Louis between now and the deadline...but I don't think the offer will need to be a little higher to get them to pull the trigger on Pietrangelo. Perhaps this time next year is a different story.

Who wouldve thought in January that Rangers would be going to fire sale their team. I think that this is inevitable for them as well. It would change in coming weeks imo. Rangers announced it in February if I remember correctly.
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 12
Thank you Pavelski
Quoting: SammyT_51
Torontos firsts and TBLs firsts are literally the same value because they are around the same place. And STL are getting two potential firsts as well as tampa did. Liljegren has much higher upside than Hajek so Im suggesting that defensively sound scorer would be nice for them on right side and 1st PP maybe because their PP is not that great. Howden is on Browns level potential wise, both are potential 20 goal/40-50 point scorers but Brown is older so thats lowering his value and also fact that Howden is C. Howden is as much better than Brown as Liljegren is better than Hajek imho. So I think the value is there. Also Toronto is not getting Miller like player back, just a depth C in Sundqvist. I tried to make it as fair as possible.

Liljegren might have more value than Hajek, but Howden has definitely more value than Brown. Howden's potential 2nd line C in any team, Brown's a 3rd line winger...
Also Pietrangelo is better than McDonagh, so that's additional value... I think either Kapanen or Johnsson must be included, Brown can be taken away from that move...two potential improving assets was included in that McDonagh trade, so it should be when considering moving Pietrangelo.
StLHockey et SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 26
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,478
Modifié 2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 32
I think any comparable to McDonagh can tossed out. IMO, if the Blues truly want to trade Pietrangelo the Leafs are the ONLY team that can trade for him. PIetrngelo is entrenched in St Louis with family. What other teams might he want to be traded to? Tampa. They might have cap issues, can they trade cap to be Blues with all their NTCs. Nashville is close by but they really don't need a RHD with Ellis and Subban. Might only leave the Leafs as a true trade partner.
Zaitsev or Nylander HAVE to go Blues in any exchange for cap purposes. So the Leafs question is do they think the 2019 version of Pietrangelo is that much better than Zaitsev as to trade Liljegren (and the picks). Is the 2019 version of Pietangelo that much of a difference maker, especially in the playoffs?
I'm in the minority, but if the Leafs were to trade for Pietrangelo, I would keep Zaitsev and trade Nylander. If defence seemingly to be everybody's concern...Strengthen the defence, by adding. Nylander....seems to be lost year anyway.
Kapanen and maybe even Johnson just can't be traded by the Leafs. They need scoring Nylander isn't provided it this year. And really what would be value for the Leafs, strengthen one position if it costs you two or three regulars? And geez you're taking about the 2019 Pietrangelo who has won six playoff rounds in his eight years in St Louis. At what price does this obsession with a RHD get so outrageous? Seems like so many folks think the Leafs have to pay so much more that another teams
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 27
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Liljegren might have more value than Hajek, but Howden has definitely more value than Brown. Howden's potential 2nd line C in any team, Brown's a 3rd line winger...
Also Pietrangelo is better than McDonagh, so that's additional value... I think either Kapanen or Johnsson must be included, Brown can be taken away from that move...two potential improving assets was included in that McDonagh trade, so it should be when considering moving Pietrangelo.

Agreed. Id say yes there should be Kapanen or Johnsson. But if Kapanen is included the conditional 1st would just be 2nd or no pick additional because Kappys value is much higher than Browns..
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 39
Démarrer sujet
XXX

I would explain my thoughts why Brown was included. I would as a GM ask Blues GM if they wanted to get better player and 1 1st rounder or lesser good player and start a complete retool/rebuild and get a chance to draft in consecutive 2 great 1st rounds in 2019 and 2020. That would be the main question from my side.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 8 h 56
Thank you Pavelski
I would explain my thoughts why Brown was included. I would as a GM ask Blues GM if they wanted to get better player and 1 1st rounder or lesser good player and start a complete retool/rebuild and get a chance to draft in consecutive 2 great 1st rounds in 2019 and 2020. That would be the main question from my side.

So it's basically Brown + 1st + Conditional 1st or Kapanen + 1st + 2nd?
2 janv. 2019 à 9 h 1
Démarrer sujet
XXX
So it's basically Brown + 1st + Conditional 1st or Kapanen + 1st + 2nd?

Kapanen + 1st or Brown + 1st + conditional 1st. I see Kapanen as same value as Brown and conditional 1st. But Kapanen, Liljegren, Zaitsev and 1st for Pietro is fair value. Its the question of what STL would want if a quick retool or longer more talent gaining rebuild.
2 janv. 2019 à 11 h 57
Godfried
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Essentially this is lilegren, a 1st and a 2nd (potentially a 1st), both picks with low value for pietro. Not close. McD is not near as valuable as pietro. No way they take less than McD got plus a cap dump. If it was lilegren, nylander and a 2md that turns to first if they win SC then you probably are equal, maybe add another 2nd ir 3rd.
2 janv. 2019 à 12 h 0
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Quoting: Carter_G
Essentially this is lilegren, a 1st and a 2nd (potentially a 1st), both picks with low value for pietro. Not close. McD is not near as valuable as pietro. No way they take less than McD got plus a cap dump. If it was lilegren, nylander and a 2md that turns to first if they win SC then you probably are equal, maybe add another 2nd ir 3rd.

that was value maybe last year. Nylander is one for one maybe but this what I put up is essentially the value of Pietrangelo currently.
2 janv. 2019 à 12 h 8
Godfried
that was value maybe last year. Nylander is one for one maybe but this what I put up is essentially the value of Pietrangelo currently.

Lol nope. Nylander is not one for one. You are talking an elite RHD. Think you need to educate yourself
2 janv. 2019 à 12 h 47
TenseCookie
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 14
I'd say replace Brown with Kapanen and take out the 1st rounder since it's gonna be a late pick and I think they'd want someone who can play in the NHL right away. But good trade overall.
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 12 h 57
Quoting: FlamesBlow
WHAT?! Is this some kind of sick joke. Have you ever watched a hockey game in your entire life? Are you on drugs? Are you 11? I dont understand... maybe youre trolling? Please god tell me a good reason for you to say something as absurd as Nylander is 1 for 1 for a top 10 Dman in the nhl. I literally spit my drink out when I read that. What's your address? Im sending you the bill for my new keyboard. If you're being serious and you mean it that you believe Nylander is a fair straight up offer for Petro I need to know what province you live in because I cant live anywhere that licenses you to vote or drive cars. Like I am actually scared to know people like you walk among us,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwjm1jcCDEk&t=307s

Love the fetish you and @Carter_G have on here tho..it's really working for you two
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 13
Démarrer sujet
XXX

Love the fetish you and @Carter_G have on here tho..it's really working for you two

Me as well. Its kinda refreshing and funny lol grin
Juice a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 16
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Quoting: TenseCookie
I'd say replace Brown with Kapanen and take out the 1st rounder since it's gonna be a late pick and I think they'd want someone who can play in the NHL right away. But good trade overall.

Thanks. I had actually two options. Brown and 1st and conditional 1st or Kapanen and 1st. It would be dependant on what STL GM would want. Brown one if longer term rebuild. Kapanen one if like quick retool.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 23
Godfried

I guess calling out leafs fans for over valuing their players is a fetish lol. How's the fetish of pipe dreams and over valuing and garbage posts working out for you two?
Me as well. Its kinda refreshing and funny lol grin

And ya kinda is refreshing to see leafs fans get hit with hard truths lol
Dwight_Schrute a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 28
Quoting: Carter_G
I guess calling out leafs fans for over valuing their players is a fetish lol. How's the fetish of pipe dreams and over valuing and garbage posts working out for you two?

And ya kinda is refreshing to see leafs fans get hit with hard truths lol

Shocker...replied without watching/reading...but hey, you know best!
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 49
Dwight_Schrute
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 196

So in that video you linked theyre is no mention of the trade being straight across, he said that the blues would be interested in Nylander and would be willing to include Petro, not that it would be one for one. I dont see how its a fetish to go against the hive mind that Toronto can get any player they want and William "2 points" Nylander is worth a top 10 NHL Dman by himself. Give me a break man .
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 53
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Kapanen + 1st or Brown + 1st + conditional 1st. I see Kapanen as same value as Brown and conditional 1st. But Kapanen, Liljegren, Zaitsev and 1st for Pietro is fair value. Its the question of what STL would want if a quick retool or longer more talent gaining rebuild.

The real issue with this is Kap has kind of been a product of his environment It's like looking at a player like Simon, who gets carried on Crosby's back while playing on his wing and saying, oh look how good he looks on the ice. It's horse ****. He's not that good.

Liljegren got some value, but there is a hell of a gap. I don't think one 1st round pick makes up that gap. And a condition 1st doesn't make it up either. You are getting a very good known quantity. And giving up a bunch of yet to prove or proven they are not. I'd take Liljegren and two 1st set in stone on it. I think that's fair. They can keep Kap. Who is almost a cap dump for them anyway.
2 janv. 2019 à 13 h 57
Dwight_Schrute
Mentions "j'aime": 196
WHAT?! Thats what was supposed deal in place between Toronto and STL. STL offered Pietrangelo for Nylander but Nylander was for Kyle Dubas the more valuable piece thats why it havent taken place. I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I was just reffering to what was done and proposed between the two teams.. Im fully grown man buddy, so stop calling me names and ****ing about me. I know my stuff.. Nylander is just 22 at the moment and has back to back 60+ point seasons within the terms of his ELC. You know who else did that? Gaudreau, Kucherov and others. Which means.. Nylander who has like 5 years prior to just his prime is clearly as valuable as Pietrangelo..

Okay for one, William Nylander is no longer on his ELC, he is now overpaid, and since he got his big contract he has been invisible and put up a mere 2 points.

Secondly in today's NHL your prime is age 21-16. Saying he is 5 years before even hitting his prime is just not true. Offensively he is as good or better now as he is ever going to be.

I also think its flawed logic to say that because he performed similarly to Kucherov and Gaudreau early in his career that he is going to be as good as they are, a lot can happen between now and the end of his contract.

At the end of the day we are talking about the leafs acquiring a top 10 NHL dman. Its foolish to think that St. Louis is going to trade a player like that for an overpaid, currently under performing winger that *might* turn out to be a star.
2 janv. 2019 à 14 h 2
Démarrer sujet
XXX
So in that video you linked theyre is no mention of the trade being straight across, he said that the blues would be interested in Nylander and would be willing to include Petro, not that it would be one for one. I dont see how its a fetish to go against the hive mind that Toronto can get any player they want and William "2 points" Nylander is worth a top 10 NHL Dman by himself. Give me a break man .

Tarasenko has 2 points in last 13 games lol. Both would get it going. Pietrangelo for Nylander was in the works actually. Elliotte Friedman explained it that Leafs would rather keep Nylander than giving him away for Pietrangelo who is 6yrs older.. I can see that trade happening but for now not. The Leafs made it pretty clear they dont want to trade Nylander as he is possibly 4th best forward only behind Marner, Matthews, Tavares.. he is slumping now and not in form but it would come. Babs himself said that he would need to mid-january to get to form. We dont know if that deal was Pietro and something for Nylander and something or what. We know the base was Pietro and Willy which was based on Friedmans words and I think its one for one valuewise based on his words.
2 janv. 2019 à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
XXX
Okay for one, William Nylander is no longer on his ELC, he is now overpaid, and since he got his big contract he has been invisible and put up a mere 2 points.

Secondly in today's NHL your prime is age 21-16. Saying he is 5 years before even hitting his prime is just not true. Offensively he is as good or better now as he is ever going to be.

I also think its flawed logic to say that because he performed similarly to Kucherov and Gaudreau early in his career that he is going to be as good as they are, a lot can happen between now and the end of his contract.

At the end of the day we are talking about the leafs acquiring a top 10 NHL dman. Its foolish to think that St. Louis is going to trade a player like that for an overpaid, currently under performing winger that *might* turn out to be a star.

Its more than likely he gets it going sooner than later. 60 points in back to back seasons is just the beginning. Is Tarasenko overpaid for 2 points in his last 13 games? No he isnt and Nylander isnt overpaid as well.. He got what he deserved for his play and is few months behind guys on team which is what was said before signing on dec 1st that it would take a month to get him going to old form. 7 months without NHL action takes a giant effect on his game.. prime now is around 25-30yrs old in average. And Im not saying he is going to get on Kucherovs level but he has all the pedigree to get to that.
2 janv. 2019 à 14 h 13

Well...it's phrased as Pietrangelo being a piece in a trade for Nylander....so true...could mean that St. Louis wanted Toronto to add...could mean that they were willing to add...likely scenario is that St. Louis saw the two players as being close enough in value that they would be the main components in a trade. I just think you're off base in suggesting that the thought the two players are close in value is such a pipe dream.

IMO...Pietrangelo is the much more desirable asset today, but Nylander is the much more desirable asset as soon as 1.5 seasons from now (depending on what AP re-signs for).

I do agree that, as of today, Nylander's value has taken a hit since re-signing given that his cap hit is almost $7m and he hasn't gotten up to speed yet....and it would be dumb, I think, for the leafs to either try and trade him now...OR for a team to trade for him. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see the 'real' Nylander until next year as some ex players say that missing training camp and 20+ games makes it impossible to ever get back up to speed that season.

But, if Friedman is giving accurate information, the St. Louis Blues disagree that Nylander for Pietrangelo is an unfair swap.
SammyT_51 et Dwight_Schrute a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage