SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 janv. 2019 à 12 h 56
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
It depends on the cookie lol

It is the best cookie.
2 janv. 2019 à 23 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: TMLSage
It is the best cookie.

What type of cookie? Is it Santa's cookies? Do i get it with the milk? Because you made that waiver claim.
3 janv. 2019 à 1 h 22
GM - Canucks
What type of cookie? Is it Santa's cookies? Do i get it with the milk? Because you made that waiver claim.

I can not order you milk.

But I can send you the recipe if we agree on a trade.
3 janv. 2019 à 10 h 25
Black Lives Matter
I can not order you milk.

But I can send you the recipe if we agree on a trade.

I'll take it for 'future considerations'.
TMLSage et PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2019 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 146
I have a strange question regarding contracts in this GM v3 game and if its even heard of in real life contracts in the history of the NHL.

If a player is traded from a team and some of the salary is retained in the deal, and the player then gets traded back to the team that holds the salary retention, does that remove the retained salary from the cap value and free up the retention slot in the process? After I post this question, I'm going to do some quick research on this subject, and see if its ever happened before?
3 janv. 2019 à 13 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: Pross
I have a strange question regarding contracts in this GM v3 game and if its even heard of in real life contracts in the history of the NHL.

If a player is traded from a team and some of the salary is retained in the deal, and the player then gets traded back to the team that holds the salary retention, does that remove the retained salary from the cap value and free up the retention slot in the process? After I post this question, I'm going to do some quick research on this subject, and see if its ever happened before?

Hmm, that's a good question. The answer to me would just be the acquiring team ends up just paying the full salary since they're retaining a portion and then getting the rest by acquiring whoever it may be.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2019 à 13 h 31
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Hmm, that's a good question. The answer to me would just be the acquiring team ends up just paying the full salary since they're retaining a portion and then getting the rest by acquiring whoever it may be.

@Pross

I believe once a salary has been retained, even when traded back to the team retaining it still counts as a contract being retained.

Not sure if our game will follow the same rule, but I believe that is the NHL standard.
3 janv. 2019 à 13 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
@Pross

I believe once a salary has been retained, even when traded back to the team retaining it still counts as a contract being retained.

Not sure if our game will follow the same rule, but I believe that is the NHL standard.

If this is the standard, then that's how we'll do it
3 janv. 2019 à 14 h 16
CFGM Game Moderator
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502

The answer to your question is.......

From the CBA:

(C) Under no circumstances may a Club:

(3) Reacquire within one (1) calendar year from the date of that Retained Salary Transaction an SPC the Averaged Amount and Player Salary and Bonuses of which that Club agreed to retain as part of a Retained Salary Transaction;
Illustration: If Club A Trades a Player to Club B and retains 30% of the Averaged Amount of such Player's SPC in a Retained Salary Transaction, Club A cannot reacquire such Player's SPC within one (1) calendar year from the date of the Trade. However, if such Player's Retained 273 ARTICLE 50 50.5-50.5 Salary SPC expires or is otherwise terminated prior to one (1) calendar year from the date of the Trade such that it no longer exists, Club A may reacquire the Player since the Retained Salary SPC no longer exists.

or

(4) Reacquire as part of a Retained Salary Transaction the SPC of a Player who was on that Club's Reserve List within the past calendar year;
Illustration: If Club A Trades the SPC of a Player to Club B (the "Initial Trade"), Club B cannot subsequently Trade an SPC of such Player back to Club A within one (1) calendar year from the date of the Initial Trade and retain a portion of the Averaged Amount of that SPC pursuant to a Retained Salary Transaction. However, Club B may Trade an SPC of the Player back to Club A within one (1) calendar year from the date of the Initial Trade if Club B does not retain any portion of such Player's SPC.
TMLSage et Pross a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2019 à 17 h 22
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 146
Quoting: flamesfan419
... However, Club B may Trade an SPC of the Player back to Club A within one (1) calendar year from the date of the Initial Trade if Club B does not retain any portion of such Player's SPC.

So reading into to this section of the CBA: It seems the team B can in fact trade the player back so long as there are no SPC retained salary from team B in the process.

This still leaves the subject open to "what happens to the salary retention slot in use if team B trades the player X back to team A without any modifications to the SPC in salary retention"??

Or am I missing something here?
3 janv. 2019 à 18 h 17
Black Lives Matter
So reading into to this section of the CBA: It seems the team B can in fact trade the player back so long as there are no SPC retained salary from team B in the process.

This still leaves the subject open to "what happens to the salary retention slot in use if team B trades the player X back to team A without any modifications to the SPC in salary retention"??

I think the team should keep the retained salary. It's just like if they acquire another player.

It's like this: Team A trades player X to team B and retains 50% of player X's salary. It's the same if they acquire a different player as it is if they re-acquire player X. Because they already retained on player X.

That's my opinion.
3 janv. 2019 à 18 h 22
Black Lives Matter
New York Islanders

The New York Islanders are taking offers on Josh Ho-Sang. No guarantee he will be moved, and if he is it will probably be closer to the deadline. But we will start taking offers now.
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 11
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Derek Stepan, Anthony Duclair, and any remaining draft picks I have are available for a possible second line center upgrade.
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Quoting: matt59
Derek Stepan, Anthony Duclair, and any remaining draft picks I have are available for a possible second line center upgrade.

You dont mean.

Milan Lucic
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 48
CFGM Game Moderator

It does not free up a retained salary spot for the team acquiring back the player.

Team A - trades Joe Blow to Team B and retains 20% salary (example) This uses 1 of 3 available RS spots for Team A.

7 months later...
Team B trades Joe Blow back to Team A at his current salary (NO retention as per CBA)
**This does NOT give back the retention spot to Team A** That spot will only become free again once Joe Blows current contract has run out or expires at the end of it's current term length.
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 49
CFGM Game Moderator

Kevin Hayes ?????
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 50
CFGM Game Moderator
New York Islanders

The New York Islanders are taking offers on Josh Ho-Sang. No guarantee he will be moved, and if he is it will probably be closer to the deadline. But we will start taking offers now.

As Yogi Berra once said....It's like deja-vu all over again.
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 57
Go Jackets
Quoting: flamesfan419
Kevin Hayes ?????

There would be significant interest yes
3 janv. 2019 à 22 h 58
Go Jackets
Quoting: Max
You dont mean.

Milan Lucic

That's a no from me dawg frown
3 janv. 2019 à 23 h 10
GM - Canucks
That's a no from me dawg frown

Anisimov... Last chance
3 janv. 2019 à 23 h 19
Go Jackets
Anisimov... Last chance

That's a no from me dawg at that pricepoint
3 janv. 2019 à 23 h 20
GM - Canucks
That's a no from me dawg at that pricepoint

Pricepoint has dropped.
3 janv. 2019 à 23 h 23
Go Jackets
Pricepoint has dropped.

Don't have the room for him at 3c either, Zajac has been better this year. Want to keep Roslovic at 4c
7 janv. 2019 à 18 h 3
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Florida Panthers

The Florida Panthers announce that they have relieved associate coach Jack Capuano of his duties.

We would also like to announce that we have signed the great Christian Wohlwend in his place.
Bo53Horvat, PrincessChloe, A_K and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
7 janv. 2019 à 21 h 56
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Edmonton Oilers

Edmonton Oilers would like to announce max has decided to step down as head coach of the Oilers to pursue a career as a nose model. For the time being he will be replaced by a Bluetooth Speaker playing Paul Simons hit song "You Can Call Me Al" on repeat
A_K, Kotkaniemi15, rangersandislesfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage