SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

14 mai 2018 à 20 h 19
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Idk what Kucherov did but i can tell you a bit about the game. First, Washington won 6-2. Tampa let Washington get too many scoring chances and Vasilevskiy wasn't great. He allowed a really bad goal at the end of the 2nd. Each team got called for a penalty that shouldn't have been called, and both were scored on. Eller played great. Washington made some good passes. TB needs to be better in game 3.

Quoting: Jimmybooboo
Mass power outage missed the entire game last night. Anybody wanna give a rundown on how it went. All I'm getting is "bolts weren't good"

Also @Rodzikhockey93 What did Kucherov do?

Also Caps scored in the first 65 seconds. Oshie got a high sticking call when the puck actually hit him. They scored 2 power play goals in the last 7 minutes of the first period. Caps scored on 3 of the 4 two on one chances. Ovi played great Stammer had a goal. Kucherov got a penalty in the last minute of the game because of pure frustration. A lot of Grade A scoring chances for the caps. A lucky bounce goes right under Vasilevskiy pad and he brought the puck in in himself. A couple good deflection in front of the net made it hard for Vasilevskiy and Caps are heading home up 2-0.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2018 à 0 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: krakowitz
I'm sorry, which penalty on the Caps shouldn't have been called? The Vasy trip where he came waaaaay farther out than a goalie would and positioned himself and slightly reached his leg out so Burky tripped? And there were two calls against the Caps that shouldn't have been called, and those were the only two Tampa goals.

I'd have to watch it again i guess ... what happened on the 1st one again?

Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
full soccer kick to Brett Connoly

Forgot about that
15 mai 2018 à 9 h 40
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Also Caps scored in the first 65 seconds. Oshie got a high sticking call when the puck actually hit him. They scored 2 power play goals in the last 7 minutes of the first period. Caps scored on 3 of the 4 two on one chances. Ovi played great Stammer had a goal. Kucherov got a penalty in the last minute of the game because of pure frustration. A lot of Grade A scoring chances for the caps. A lucky bounce goes right under Vasilevskiy pad and he brought the puck in in himself. A couple good deflection in front of the net made it hard for Vasilevskiy and Caps are heading home up 2-0.

Kucherov had an assist. He didn't do as bad as that friggin too many men on the ice call. But did take a stupid penalty in the last minute
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2018 à 10 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Kucherov had an assist. He didn't do as bad as that friggin too many men on the ice call. But did take a stupid penalty in the last minute

That was really dumb when he kicked Connolly.
15 mai 2018 à 10 h 44
That was really dumb when he kicked Connolly.

Facts, But I know he was frustrated. I don't think he will make many more penalties like that.
15 mai 2018 à 15 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Coming into the season i had Washington and Tampa in round 3 ... i had the Caps sweeping ... half way there, lol. TBL's lost their first two at home.
15 mai 2018 à 15 h 32
Coming into the season i had Washington and Tampa in round 3 ... i had the Caps sweeping ... half way there, lol. TBL's lost their first two at home.

TBL played themselves honestly. So happy when you score your first CFS goal and it gets called back on a thing you have been taught since peewee. What a terrible mental mistake.
15 mai 2018 à 15 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
TBL played themselves honestly. So happy when you score your first CFS goal and it gets called back on a thing you have been taught since peewee. What a terrible mental mistake.

The Bolts haven't been very good, but the Caps have played good.
15 mai 2018 à 15 h 37
The Bolts haven't been very good, but the Caps have played good.

Yea, I feel for Vasilevskiy tho. I played Goalie for 6 years and nothing is worse than a terrible D pairing
15 mai 2018 à 15 h 47
Let's go Pens!
Mentions "j'aime": 382
I really hope to see games decided in OT or at least decided by just 1 goal. I'm not so excited with the games in this round that I thought I would be. Specially in Eastern Finals. Tampa is making Washington's job looks easy till now. The Western Finals have been a little more excited, but I still want to see more than that.
15 mai 2018 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Yea, I feel for Vasilevskiy tho. I played Goalie for 6 years and nothing is worse than a terrible D pairing

What pairing?
15 mai 2018 à 19 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
I really hope to see games decided in OT or at least decided by just 1 goal. I'm not so excited with the games in this round that I thought I would be. Specially in Eastern Finals. Tampa is making Washington's job looks easy till now. The Western Finals have been a little more excited, but I still want to see more than that.

Same
15 mai 2018 à 21 h 23
What pairing?

The last line the third line
15 mai 2018 à 21 h 58
Let's go Pens!
Same

2nd period. 4x1 Tampa. Here we go again...
15 mai 2018 à 22 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,927

PS: Tampa's fans leaving the game so early was the most embarassing moment of the entire season. That's why everyone mock them and all the Florida teams in all major sports. They deserve to. True fans keep with their teams till the end, specially in playoffs. No matter if their team is winning by 10 or losing by 10.

That was a pretty empty stadium for the caps tonight. They were still very much in the game and fans bailed. Happens to every team. Just as embarrassing eh?
LicMysak et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2018 à 23 h 10
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
That was ****ing embarrassing. No hustle, no sense of urgency, nobody was on the same page. I’ll give credit to Tampa, their forecheck really killed us today. But we can’t think that we have anything wrapped up, because we are still the Washington Capitals and can always find a way to lose the series.

We were lazy. We were slow. We were sloppy. We looked like my old Tier II 18U hockey team. Time to put this behind us and these coaches better figure something out to counteract that forecheck to create some time and space.
Willian_Cardoso a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2018 à 2 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
That was ****ing embarrassing. No hustle, no sense of urgency, nobody was on the same page. I’ll give credit to Tampa, their forecheck really killed us today. But we can’t think that we have anything wrapped up, because we are still the Washington Capitals and can always find a way to lose the series.

We were lazy. We were slow. We were sloppy. We looked like my old Tier II 18U hockey team. Time to put this behind us and these coaches better figure something out to counteract that forecheck to create some time and space.

Lol, it's one game, the Caps are still up 2-1.
16 mai 2018 à 2 h 42
Lol, it's one game, the Caps are still up 2-1.

True. But Tampa know they're in it now. Now we have a series.
16 mai 2018 à 7 h 43
Let's go Pens!
That was a pretty empty stadium for the caps tonight. They were still very much in the game and fans bailed. Happens to every team. Just as embarrassing eh?

Yes, it's ALWAYS embarassing when happens in playoffs. I don't care which fan do that, I'll always call embarassing, cause to me the true fans NEVER do that!!

That's MY opinion. If you disagree, just respect what I think.

PS: I'm a Pens fan, not a Caps. Our fans are considered number 1 in NHL and 14th overall by the Fansided in terms of longevity, worth, size, social interaction, buzz factor and PASSION. The 2nd best in NHL are the Hawks fans and they're 77th. So, I know what I'm talking about and I can say what I just said.

If want to, take a look at these below links to see that with your own eyes:

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pittsburgh-penguins-pens-fandom-250-best-fans-2017-sidney-crosby/c-293941418
https://fansided.com/fandom250/page/7/?view=grid
16 mai 2018 à 7 h 53
Let's go Pens!

Lol. Easy, man. Your team still 2x1 in the series and the next game is at home. It's almost impossible when 2 very good teams face each other and one of them wins 3 straight games. It's predictable that Tampa would win last game. Now your team have to make sense of urgency and hustle more than ever indeed, cause next game can (and probably will) decide the future of the series.

But I agree with your statement and it's understandable. Specially for a fan who probably are tired to lose in postseason. Lol

It's time to not just the coaches, but the leaders step up and boost the rest of the team to play like the first 2 games.
16 mai 2018 à 8 h 13
Yes, it's ALWAYS embarassing when happens in playoffs. I don't care which fan do that, I'll always call embarassing, cause to me the true fans NEVER do that!!

PS: I'm a Pens fan, not a Caps. Our fans are considered number 1 in NHL and 14th overall by the Fansided in terms of longevity, worth, size, social interaction, buzz factor and PASSION. The 2nd best in NHL are the Hawks fans and they're 77th. So, I know what I'm talking about and I can say what I just said.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pittsburgh-penguins-pens-fandom-250-best-fans-2017-sidney-crosby/c-293941418

I've seen Pittsburgh fans bail on your team too. Every fan base has bad apples. I'm not saying its not embarrassing for the fan base. But using it to attack Florida sports team when it happens to even the most storied teams is a little unfair. The Blackhawks are on your little list they and they were on the verge of backrupcy before Toews and Kane rocked up.
16 mai 2018 à 10 h 25
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Modifié 16 mai 2018 à 12 h 38

I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Pittsburgh fanbase in this thread. Let's not try and draw up a victim complex here.

And don't forget that Pittsburgh likely would have relocated to Kansas City if they hadn't lucked into winning the Sidney Crosby Sweepstakes.
Buchnevesey a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2018 à 11 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
True. But Tampa know they're in it now. Now we have a series.

I'm cheering for Washington in the series, but i don't mind seeing Tampa win game 3, it makes it more of a series.
16 mai 2018 à 16 h 38
Let's go Pens!
I've seen Pittsburgh fans bail on your team too. Every fan base has bad apples. I'm not saying its not embarrassing for the fan base. But using it to attack Florida sports team when it happens to even the most storied teams is a little unfair. The Blackhawks are on your little list they and they were on the verge of backrupcy before Toews and Kane rocked up.

Miami Dolphins has the worst fan base in NFL and one of the worst in all sports, even when Dan Marino played (it's a bit better back in that time). Miami Marlins fan base are even worse than Dolphins. Heat fans either. Florida Panthers the same. Your team has a fan base better than all those ones, but it's still far from the greatest fan bases in major sports, like Penguins and Steelers.

Don't hate me for that, cause I'm not the only one who thinks like that. I've seen thousand, maybe millions of people who share that thoughts with me, not just in my country, but in your either. And it comes not just from the other fans, but from the players either. Most of them don't like to play for Florida's teams, cause they don't like the fan support over there.

Maybe you're different and you're a die hard Tampa's fan. But unfortunately most of Florida's fans are terrible. It seems like they just care about beaches and something. Sorry.
16 mai 2018 à 16 h 50
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Pittsburgh fanbase in this thread. Let's not try and draw up a victim complex here.

And don't forget that Pittsburgh likely would have relocated to Kansas City if they hadn't lucked into winning the Sidney Crosby Sweepstakes.

There's no victim complex here, man. I'm just explained that I'm a Pens fan, not Caps. I'm said what I said because we Pens fans (or at least most of us) don't leave our team in hard times like most of Tampa's fans in game 2. I'd like to see that from all teams fans. Why? Because no sport is fun w/o us, the fans. Ask for any player if they like to play for just hundreds of people or see their fans bailing the game early. I'm sure any of them likes it. I'm just trying to prove my point here. But I'm not disrespecting anyone. I'm not criticizing anyone here individually. Let's make this clear.

My purpose here is just talk about hockey and anything about the sport. That's it.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage