Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

7 mai 2018 à 19 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Daryl
You've lost hope that Washington may finally defeat Pittsburgh? Can't say I disagree with you...

The Caps played a decent 1st period. Now i hope they win. I don't want the Penguins to win another cup.
7 mai 2018 à 19 h 53
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Well, if this is finally when you don't think they can do it, what if they really do it this time?
My pre-season prediction was that they'll win the cup this year. Coming into the playoffs i had Nashville but i still had Washington getting past round 2, same coming into this series.

We've been over this. I want nothing more than for this team to get it done in the playoffs. Maybe the lower expectations provide ease in the locker room and such, but I have no reason to believe that this year is going to be different. Just a new way to lose a series in round 2.
7 mai 2018 à 19 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
We've been over this. I want nothing more than for this team to get it done in the playoffs. Maybe the lower expectations provide ease in the locker room and such, but I have no reason to believe that this year is going to be different. Just a new way to lose a series in round 2.

Let's see what happens. I think they win the series. We'll see what happens tonight, and then if needed, game 7 is Wednesday. Let's see who's correct lol
7 mai 2018 à 21 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Overtime is coming up ... Go Caps!!!!!

They just need one goal to take out the Penguins ... come on Caps, please score before Pittsburgh.
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
HAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT LOSERBURGH

THE. CURSE. IS. OVER.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 12
Emotionally in 2018
I don't need to get married. I don't need to have kids. This day, this will be the best day of my life.
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
I had the Caps beating Pittsburgh since the start of the season.
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Yes!!!!! Not the Penguins!!!
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
I'm also happy to see Ovi go to the 3rd round.
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 36
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
damn it.. the meme is over
7 mai 2018 à 22 h 59
Emotionally in 2018
@BoltsPoint21 go easy on me when Tampa demolishes the Caps?
7 mai 2018 à 23 h 10
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,812
What makes a Caps fan happier?

Beating PIT in a plaoff series >>>>>>>>>>> winning the stanley cup squinty smile
7 mai 2018 à 23 h 18
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
@BoltsPoint21 go easy on me when Tampa demolishes the Caps?

eh, I mostly go after salty fans and doubters...
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
7 mai 2018 à 23 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
This is gonna be interesting ...
7 mai 2018 à 23 h 44
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Blazingbat11
What makes a Caps fan happier?

Beating PIT in a plaoff series >>>>>>>>>>> winning the stanley cup squinty smile

This is my Stanley Cup
8 mai 2018 à 2 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Alright, Preds and Jets are going to game 7. Go Preds!
8 mai 2018 à 9 h 43
Let's go Pens!
Mentions "j'aime": 382
I had Tampa winning, but not in 5 lol.

It's pretty unlikely that anyone put Tampa or Boston in 5. Both teams have equal level. But Bolts speedy style prevails over Bruins physical. In fact, since our team win the 1st of back to back SC, speedy style has prevail over physical.
8 mai 2018 à 9 h 59
Let's go Pens!
Well, as I predict after our loss in game 5, Capitals finally beat us. But I'm still proud of my team. It's so damn hard win a SC and even more tough to win back to back. No Pens fan have to be ashamed and Pens players either, cause we're still a winning team and we lose to a great team. Of course, I'll never support them to win the cup, but I respect their team effort to beat us and I admit they deserve to win this time. Congrats to all Caps fans. But I don't wish you luck in Final Conference. Sorry. It's too much for a Pens fan.

As I said before, I'd be really surprised if Washington beat Tampa. Bolts are a much better team than Capitals and Penguins this season. In fact, they have the best roster of entire league this season. Specially after the trade for McDonagh and JT Miller. That's why I think they're favorites not just to beat Capitals, but to win the cup.

However, we all hockey fans know that anything can happen in NHL postseason. Vegas is proving that more than any team in NHL history. That's why I love so much the sport. No other is more exciting and unpredictable than hockey.

PS: We see the true fans in tough times. It's so damn easy to support just when your team is winning. #GOPENS #ProudOfMyTeam
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 4
Let's go Pens!
Alright, Preds and Jets are going to game 7. Go Preds!

I'll cheering for the Jets. If they beat Predators, they'll face another team that I'm cheering for. So, any of them can win to face probably Tampa in Finals. I really loved to see Jets win the cup after Pens elimination. It's time to see a canadian team winning the cup. If that can't happen, then I'll cheering for Vegas make one of the greatest history of entire hockey time.
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 14
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Huge game 7 coming up. Best game of the playoffs probably.
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 18
Let's go Pens!
This is my Stanley Cup

That's something that a fan who knows that your team have almost no chance to beat Tampa would say. Your team have never won any cup and was considered favorites for many times for the almost entire world. So, to be satisfied just with our elimination is a thought of a small team. I'm sure your thought don't represent most of Capitals fans. If I were a Washington fan, I'd never be satisfied with anything but the cup after so many disappointing postseasons. And I'm sure that all Capitals players are thinking the same. Ovechkin's relief face after the win yesterday showed that I'm right. He have been failed as a leader year after year. He and his team has no credits anymore to win the cup.

So, if Capitals falls to Lightning or even in Cup Finals, then your team's victory against Pens will represent nothing for the reasons that I just said. Ovechkin and his fellows will still be seeing as losers, if they don't win the cup again.
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 29
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
That's something that a fan who knows that your team have almost no chance to beat Tampa would say. Your team have never won any cup and was considered favorites for many times for the almost entire world. So, to be satisfied just with our elimination is a thought of a small team. I'm sure your thought don't represent most of Capitals fans. If I were a Washington fan, I'd never be satisfied with anything but the cup after so many disappointing postseasons. And I'm sure that all Capitals players are thinking the same. Ovechkin's relief face after the win yesterday showed that I'm right. He have been failed as a leader year after year. He and his team has no credits anymore to win the cup.

So, if Capitals falls to Lightning or even in Cup Finals, then your team's victory against Pens will represent nothing for the reasons that I just said. Ovechkin and his fellows will still be seeing as losers, if they don't win the cup again.

Dude, it was a joke. I obviously care about winning the Cup. This is just such a monumental moment for this organization. Do I think we can beat Tampa? Absolutely. Do I think we will beat Tampa? Absolutely not. But Caps fans shouldn’t be heartbroken if they lose in the ECF this year. We did what we weren’t supposed to do, and I’m damn proud of it. But the job isn’t done, and they know that.

This season wasn’t supposed to be anything close to a Stanley Cup Parade. Relative to our expectations, this season has been successful. We know we can beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs and we know we can get past the second round. Getting the monkey off our back is huge. Don’t try and call me a bad fan. I’ve been through every loss every step of the way, and I want more. But this was a huge win for us. If you don’t see that, I don’t know what to say
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 29
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 208
They went up against a good team ...

You missed the joke....
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: awatt
You missed the joke....

ok
8 mai 2018 à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Dude, it was a joke. I obviously care about winning the Cup. This is just such a monumental moment for this organization. Do I think we can beat Tampa? Absolutely. Do I think we will beat Tampa? Absolutely not. But Caps fans shouldn’t be heartbroken if they lose in the ECF this year. We did what we weren’t supposed to do, and I’m damn proud of it. But the job isn’t done, and they know that.

This season wasn’t supposed to be anything close to a Stanley Cup Parade. Relative to our expectations, this season has been successful. We know we can beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs and we know we can get past the second round. Getting the monkey off our back is huge. Don’t try and call me a bad fan. I’ve been through every loss every step of the way, and I want more. But this was a huge win for us. If you don’t see that, I don’t know what to say

laugh

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage