Trade Deadline Value Primer

18 févr. 2018 à 22 h 16
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
just trying one more time ...

How about those Cubbies?

I heard they signed Yu Darvish, and have a much improved rotation and bullpen - especially with Morrow closing out games, lol.
18 févr. 2018 à 22 h 25
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,652
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I give up squinty smile

Well, this got kind of off-topic earlier because people thought i was crazy for saying that Ottawa is going to re-sign Erik Karlsson.
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Nobody hates the Bruins because they are winning in the regular season. Millions hate Duke because of its cuthroat recruiting techniques and them being natiaonlly ranked in the top 10 almost every year. People hate Bama because they are good every year. People hate the Patriots because they "cheat".

Misnomer
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 34
Getting this thread back on topic. What's everyone's thoughts on how much Max Domi could fetch if traded? There's been quite a bit of speculation surrounding him recently. Interesting to see what happens there

Who cares, nobody's opinion on here is worth anything!!! You'll all be wrong what he's worth!!
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 36

And of course those would be terrible deals. Bozak was a rumour when Horvat and Sutter both got injured, Kapanen has been lurking around those rumours for a while now, neither is gonna happen tho.

Gudbranson is young-ish as to say, but he's not gonna turn anything around. A deal to the Rangers makes no sense, because the Rangers have openly said they're rebuilding. They don't need a RHD right now, they need one for 5-10 years from now. That isn't Gudbranson. Canucks would be looking for picks and/or prospects for Guddy, which is something a rebuilding team would never give, but would get. Plus, their goal isn't to make the playoffs anymore. Of course anything is possible, but Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton would be much happier with a higher draft pick.

he's bang on. Leafs need a shutdown tough D man. They also won't be able to afford Matthews, Nylander AND Marner, so may as well get something for him now. And maybe add a draft pick or 2 in there....
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Misnomer

I guess the Duke 30 for 30: I Hate Christian Laettner and Fantastic Lies were about something else.
New England is very well hated because of their "cheating". Bama is hated because people either hate Nick Saben, think that the SEC is a joke, or hate when they are a top-5 team year in and year out.
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 52

I guess the Duke 30 for 30: I Hate Christian Laettner and Fantastic Lies were about something else.
New England is very well hated because of their "cheating". Bama is hated because people either hate Nick Saben, think that the SEC is a joke, or hate when they are a top-5 team year in and year out.

All 4 New England (Boston) teams are competitive year in and year out. That's why they are hated!!!
19 févr. 2018 à 12 h 54
Démarrer sujet
All 4 New England (Boston) teams are competitive year in and year out. That's why they are hated!!!

I cant tell who hates nationally hates the Celtics or Red Sox or Bruins. Just because they are competitive doesn't mean they are universally hated
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2018 à 13 h 49
Black Lives Matter

I don't hate teams because they're good ... i actually liked the Kings quite a bit when they were winning and i still do but they're not winning cups right now.
19 févr. 2018 à 20 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
How the rest of the league doesn't comprehend that he's complete utter trash beats me sarcasm. Terrible puck movement & possession, very slow, and has zero offensive instincts. However, saying that, there are teams still interested in him in a third pair role. It's also been beneficial that he's actually played some good games as of late, ever since Travis Green paired him up with Alex Edler. He was especially good in our 6-1 dumping of Boston last night, for a guy who has the worst Corsi on the team, he had the highest out of all our skaters last night - that's saying something. If he keeps making plays like these, his value will rise as the deadline approaches.

Saying that, there's one issue:

...but would they really be that stupid to resign him? And Benning did say the same about Hansen and Burrows, all the way up until he shipped them at the deadline. If history wants to repeat itself, Guddy will be moved. Then again, he made a mistake two years ago and didn't ship Hamhuis, ending up losing him for nothing...but have management learned their lesson from that perhaps?

Toronto has been rumoured to be his landing spot for a while, as anyone is an upgrade over Polak. Don Cherry thinks the Leafs should give Marner for him, but Don also thinks climate change is a hoax so we're just gonna forget about that. Involved pieces have varied throughout the year, with Bozak and Kapanen being rumoured early on as possible returns, but that's not gonna happen for sure. One interesting name is Andrew Nielsen, who VAN media reports that Canucks have kicked tires on. The Leafs have a logjam of dmen, Nielsen + 3rd rounder could be something they do. Another name involved is Leivo, which should come to no surprise.

The question is, if not Toronto, whereto? I have no idea where else he could fit in. Which makes you wonder...if Toronto doesn't acquire him, does he get traded at all? Would that be a reason as to why the Canucks want to resign him? Who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Screw all that. Benning strikes again!

19 févr. 2018 à 22 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,170

Seems like so many Leaf fans, and also non Leaf fans, think ANY RHD is going to vault is the Leafs to the Cup final. Actually the Leafs don't have too much depth who might be NHL good right now, just Borgman and maybe Holl. But the Leafs aren't going to go all in in the next two years. 2019/20 and beyond the Leafs cap should be OK and the might fill a whole as needed.
19 févr. 2018 à 23 h 14
Black Lives Matter

There goes one of the top guys in trade rumours ... looks like it might be 4 years for 4-4.2M ... too much money.
23 févr. 2018 à 10 h 13
I cant tell who hates nationally hates the Celtics or Red Sox or Bruins. Just because they are competitive doesn't mean they are universally hated

Oh yes it does!!
23 févr. 2018 à 10 h 40
Black Lives Matter
Oh yes it does!!

I don't mind the Bruins ... i actually am wanting to see them do good in the playoffs ... i like their current team, it's kind of like the Leafs and they'd be fun to watch in the playoffs, just not as much of a Bruins fan as you.
23 févr. 2018 à 11 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Oh yes it does!!

giphy.gif
DoctorBreakfast a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2018 à 11 h 58
Black Lives Matter
Can we finally talk about something other than the Bruins? Please?
23 févr. 2018 à 12 h 1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Delete
23 févr. 2018 à 12 h 1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Can we finally talk about something other than the Bruins? Please?

Let's talk about Rick Nash, going to Bawstuhn!
23 févr. 2018 à 13 h 1
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Let's talk about Rick Nash, going to Bawstuhn!

actually, back to the main topic of this thread, what do you think is Rick Nash's trade value? idk why people are saying 1st+top prospect+another piece. I think maybe a 1st but not all that.
27 févr. 2018 à 0 h 44
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Quoting: boltscharge17
At least you didn't say Point, Sergachev, Raddysh and like 3 1sts for Karlsson

Only a fool would even entertain such an idea for Karlsson.... Karlsson just isn't worth what Ottawa is demanding. No GM could possibly entertain such insanity... I mean a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman, a top prospect and 3 first round picks is absolutely nutty... The only way a GM could justify such loony nonsense would be if Karlsson was that final piece that makes your team a lock for the Cup... IMO, if Tampa Bay shipped out Sergachev and Point ++ for Karlsson I think that would be a lateral move at best so it's not even worth it...

I could see Karlsson being traded but not for the loony nonsense Ottawa is demanding..... Karlsson would probably fetch a top 4 defenseman OR a top 6 forward, a top prospect and a first round pick...

As a Hawks fan it would look something like this: Seabrook, Schmaltz, Hartman & first round pick (top 10)...... I mean I don't know if addition by subtraction works in a situation like that. Sure you get the best player in the deal but you also lose a lot of depth - not only that but good young players to boot in Schmaltz, Hartman and the top 10 pick.... It's a high risk maneuver. I mean it would be stupid to create a hole (or a few holes) just to upgrade at D... Honestly, how much better is Karlsson than the average top 2 defensmen in the league? it cant be that much - not enough to give up what Ottawa wants.

That's my take on the Karlsson gong show...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage