Forums/NHL

Trade Deadline Value Primer

16 févr. 2018 à 21 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,886
Quoting: PaulDunnill
everyone hates a winner!!!

I think you are confusing who users are "hating". Duke Men's Basketball is a winner. Alabama Football is a winner. New England Patriots is a winner. People hate them. The Boston Bruins are not "winners".
16 févr. 2018 à 22 h 20
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
everyone hates a winner!!!

More like everyone hates Boston sport teams and most of their fan base
HawksFan28 a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2018 à 23 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,652
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I think you are confusing who users are "hating". Duke Men's Basketball is a winner. Alabama Football is a winner. New England Patriots is a winner. People hate them. The Boston Bruins are not "winners".

To tell the truth, Boston is a young, exciting team who could be a cup contender soon, if not already, but PaulDunnill still, in my opinion, thinks they're better than they are.
17 févr. 2018 à 0 h 14
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,053
It took only 6 pages for this thread to go from trade deadline talk to a conversation about how good the Bruins are.

4 months banned and I didn't miss anything, did I Sticking Out Tongue
17 févr. 2018 à 0 h 17
Getting this thread back on topic. What's everyone's thoughts on how much Max Domi could fetch if traded? There's been quite a bit of speculation surrounding him recently. Interesting to see what happens there
17 févr. 2018 à 0 h 52
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Getting this thread back on topic. What's everyone's thoughts on how much Max Domi could fetch if traded? There's been quite a bit of speculation surrounding him recently. Interesting to see what happens there

Probably a mid to late 1st and a good prospect (not a great one, but a good one)
17 févr. 2018 à 11 h 36
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Probably a mid to late 1st and a good prospect (not a great one, but a good one)

I think you may be over valuing him a little bit. He's had a poor season and has underperformed, which means his value is very low at the moment. 4 goals and 26 points this year.

VAN media has reported that the Canucks have inquired. Ben Hutton could be a piece involved, as he's (for the wrong reasons) been a healthy scratch many times this year. I highly doubt it'd be a straight up swap, but that could potentially be a base of a deal.

*I'm not saying whether that's a good deal or not, or whether I'd want that to happen; I'm just looking at what he could realistically be traded for*
17 févr. 2018 à 12 h 3
Black Lives Matter
I think you may be over valuing him a little bit. He's had a poor season and has underperformed, which means his value is very low at the moment. 4 goals and 26 points this year.

VAN media has reported that the Canucks have inquired. Ben Hutton could be a piece involved, as he's (for the wrong reasons) been a healthy scratch many times this year. I highly doubt it'd be a straight up swap, but that could potentially be a base of a deal.

*I'm not saying whether that's a good deal or not, or whether I'd want that to happen; I'm just looking at what he could realistically be traded for*

By 'good' prospect i mean a guy with 2nd round pick value maybe. You have to remember Domi's only 22. He still could be a very good player, maybe Arizona just isn't the right place for him. And i'm not even saying anyone will do that, but it might be what it would take for the Yotes to do it. Or someone might pay the price also.
17 févr. 2018 à 12 h 13
By 'good' prospect i mean a guy with 2nd round pick value maybe. You have to remember Domi's only 22. He still could be a very good player, maybe Arizona just isn't the right place for him. And i'm not even saying anyone will do that, but it might be what it would take for the Yotes to do it. Or someone might pay the price also.

I agree with you in that Domi is still quite young, still has talent, and can turn it around potentially. You also may be right, in that the Coyotes may not trade Domi unless they can get a very good package. However, it should be noted that's not what they did with Duclair, who was another underperforming player, who still had that talent yet had low value.

Gut feeling, Domi isn't traded for the full amount that Arizona could get for him IF he's moved. You also wonder when Arizona would want to trade him (again, if they're looking to do that). This TDL? Draft? Next season? And if the plan is next season, does he turn it around by then? All of that will play a factor into his price tag.
17 févr. 2018 à 12 h 16
Black Lives Matter
I agree with you in that Domi is still quite young, still has talent, and can turn it around potentially. You also may be right, in that the Coyotes may not trade Domi unless they can get a very good package. However, it should be noted that's not what they did with Duclair, who was another underperforming player, who still had that talent yet had low value.

Gut feeling, Domi isn't traded for the full amount that Arizona could get for him IF he's moved. You also wonder when Arizona would want to trade him (again, if they're looking to do that). This TDL? Draft? Next season? And if the plan is next season, does he turn it around by then? All of that will play a factor into his price tag.

Duclair was different. He was struggling before this season a bit too. Domi's had some pretty good seasons, it's just this year he's not playing as well.
18 févr. 2018 à 5 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Who says they're gonna be a winner this playoff? To tell the truth, i do think they're close, and they could do good in the playoffs, and maybe they could even win the cup this year but they're not my #1 pick.

I didn't say they will win the cup......but they win far more than they lose, that's a winner!!!!
18 févr. 2018 à 5 h 32
Quoting: phillyjabroni

They are winning far more than they are losing right now, no? Thus, winners!!!
18 févr. 2018 à 5 h 34
Quoting: boltscharge17

ooooo oh man ouch, that hurt......who cheers for a Floridian hockey team? Now that's ludicrous!!!!
18 févr. 2018 à 9 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,886
They are winning far more than they are losing right now, no? Thus, winners!!!

Nobody hates the Bruins because they are winning in the regular season. Millions hate Duke because of its cuthroat recruiting techniques and them being natiaonlly ranked in the top 10 almost every year. People hate Bama because they are good every year. People hate the Patriots because they "cheat".
18 févr. 2018 à 10 h 31
Getting this thread back on topic

I tried.

I failed.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2018 à 13 h 44
Black Lives Matter
I tried.

I failed.

I tried to get back on topic with you, but PaulDunnill started talking about the Bruins again.
nobody a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2018 à 13 h 49
Black Lives Matter
So back on topic, what value could the Canucks get for Gudbranson?
18 févr. 2018 à 14 h 4
So back on topic, what value could the Canucks get for Gudbranson?

How the rest of the league doesn't comprehend that he's complete utter trash beats me sarcasm. Terrible puck movement & possession, very slow, and has zero offensive instincts. However, saying that, there are teams still interested in him in a third pair role. It's also been beneficial that he's actually played some good games as of late, ever since Travis Green paired him up with Alex Edler. He was especially good in our 6-1 dumping of Boston last night, for a guy who has the worst Corsi on the team, he had the highest out of all our skaters last night - that's saying something. If he keeps making plays like these, his value will rise as the deadline approaches.

Saying that, there's one issue:

...but would they really be that stupid to resign him? And Benning did say the same about Hansen and Burrows, all the way up until he shipped them at the deadline. If history wants to repeat itself, Guddy will be moved. Then again, he made a mistake two years ago and didn't ship Hamhuis, ending up losing him for nothing...but have management learned their lesson from that perhaps?

Toronto has been rumoured to be his landing spot for a while, as anyone is an upgrade over Polak. Don Cherry thinks the Leafs should give Marner for him, but Don also thinks climate change is a hoax so we're just gonna forget about that. Involved pieces have varied throughout the year, with Bozak and Kapanen being rumoured early on as possible returns, but that's not gonna happen for sure. One interesting name is Andrew Nielsen, who VAN media reports that Canucks have kicked tires on. The Leafs have a logjam of dmen, Nielsen + 3rd rounder could be something they do. Another name involved is Leivo, which should come to no surprise.

The question is, if not Toronto, whereto? I have no idea where else he could fit in. Which makes you wonder...if Toronto doesn't acquire him, does he get traded at all? Would that be a reason as to why the Canucks want to resign him? Who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
18 févr. 2018 à 14 h 15
Black Lives Matter
How the rest of the league doesn't comprehend that he's complete utter trash beats me sarcasm. Terrible puck movement & possession, very slow, and has zero offensive instincts. However, saying that, there are teams still interested in him in a third pair role. It's also been beneficial that he's actually played some good games as of late, ever since Travis Green paired him up with Alex Edler. He was especially good in our 6-1 dumping of Boston last night, for a guy who has the worst Corsi on the team, he had the highest out of all our skaters last night - that's saying something. If he keeps making plays like these, his value will rise as the deadline approaches.

Saying that, there's one issue:

...but would they really be that stupid to resign him? And Benning did say the same about Hansen and Burrows, all the way up until he shipped them at the deadline. If history wants to repeat itself, Guddy will be moved. Then again, he made a mistake two years ago and didn't ship Hamhuis, ending up losing him for nothing...but have management learned their lesson from that perhaps?

Toronto has been rumoured to be his landing spot for a while, as anyone is an upgrade over Polak. Don Cherry thinks the Leafs should give Marner for him, but Don also thinks climate change is a hoax so we're just gonna forget about that. Involved pieces have varied throughout the year, with Bozak and Kapanen being rumoured early on as possible returns, but that's not gonna happen for sure. One interesting name is Andrew Nielsen, who VAN media reports that Canucks have kicked tires on. The Leafs have a logjam of dmen, Nielsen + 3rd rounder could be something they do. Another name involved is Leivo, which should come to no surprise.

The question is, if not Toronto, whereto? I have no idea where else he could fit in. Which makes you wonder...if Toronto doesn't acquire him, does he get traded at all? Would that be a reason as to why the Canucks want to resign him? Who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Sorry, what? Did Don Cherry actually say Marner for Gudbranson? Even Bozak or Kapanen shouldn't be traded for Gudbranson. Here's the thing: Toronto needs a top 4 defenseman, and i'm not sure if Gudbranson is that. He might be but he also might be more of a bottom pairing guy. I see the Rangers, yes, the Rangers, maybe being a good fit for Gudbranson. I know they say they want to get younger, but Gudbranson is still young-ish. I think if they can get him at a reasonable price it makes sense, because they still have a chance at the playoffs this year. More likely than not they'll miss the playoffs i think, but they still could make it. And even if they don't, if they re-sign Gudbranson, he could really help them as they need RHD. I know you're gonna think this is crazy but i think that makes sense. The Rangers really need RHD and Gudbranson is a good fit for them.
18 févr. 2018 à 14 h 29
Sorry, what? Did Don Cherry actually say Marner for Gudbranson? Even Bozak or Kapanen shouldn't be traded for Gudbranson. Here's the thing: Toronto needs a top 4 defenseman, and i'm not sure if Gudbranson is that. He might be but he also might be more of a bottom pairing guy. I see the Rangers, yes, the Rangers, maybe being a good fit for Gudbranson. I know they say they want to get younger, but Gudbranson is still young-ish. I think if they can get him at a reasonable price it makes sense, because they still have a chance at the playoffs this year. More likely than not they'll miss the playoffs i think, but they still could make it. And even if they don't, if they re-sign Gudbranson, he could really help them as they need RHD. I know you're gonna think this is crazy but i think that makes sense. The Rangers really need RHD and Gudbranson is a good fit for them.

And of course those would be terrible deals. Bozak was a rumour when Horvat and Sutter both got injured, Kapanen has been lurking around those rumours for a while now, neither is gonna happen tho.

Gudbranson is young-ish as to say, but he's not gonna turn anything around. A deal to the Rangers makes no sense, because the Rangers have openly said they're rebuilding. They don't need a RHD right now, they need one for 5-10 years from now. That isn't Gudbranson. Canucks would be looking for picks and/or prospects for Guddy, which is something a rebuilding team would never give, but would get. Plus, their goal isn't to make the playoffs anymore. Of course anything is possible, but Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton would be much happier with a higher draft pick.
18 févr. 2018 à 14 h 59
Black Lives Matter

And of course those would be terrible deals. Bozak was a rumour when Horvat and Sutter both got injured, Kapanen has been lurking around those rumours for a while now, neither is gonna happen tho.

Gudbranson is young-ish as to say, but he's not gonna turn anything around. A deal to the Rangers makes no sense, because the Rangers have openly said they're rebuilding. They don't need a RHD right now, they need one for 5-10 years from now. That isn't Gudbranson. Canucks would be looking for picks and/or prospects for Guddy, which is something a rebuilding team would never give, but would get. Plus, their goal isn't to make the playoffs anymore. Of course anything is possible, but Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton would be much happier with a higher draft pick.

They aren't trying to be better in 5-10 years, i see it as more of a quick rebuild. And they never said they're rebuilding, they said they're trying to get younger. They could go for younger guys that can still help them now. They're gonna need some RHD. Sure, they'd only do it if they can get him for a reasonable price, but he's a good fit there in my opinion.
18 févr. 2018 à 18 h 32
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Quoting: boltscharge17

LOL, kinda.... I cant stand the Patriots, don't watch basketball so I don't care about the Celtics, the Hawks already beat Boston in the SCF and as a Cubs fan I still have a soft spot for the Red Sox even tho they have won numerous championships since the broke "the curse" - the Sox are just "catching up" with championships.

I suppose my oozing hatred for the Patriots kinda makes up for my indifference for the other major sports teams in New England tho, lol.

At least I can say I'm old enough to remember the Bears beating the Patriots in Superbowl XX, so I get some satisfaction from that even tho it was 30 years ago, lol.
18 févr. 2018 à 20 h 4
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HawksFan28
LOL, kinda.... I cant stand the Patriots, don't watch basketball so I don't care about the Celtics, the Hawks already beat Boston in the SCF and as a Cubs fan I still have a soft spot for the Red Sox even tho they have won numerous championships since the broke "the curse" - the Sox are just "catching up" with championships.

I suppose my oozing hatred for the Patriots kinda makes up for my indifference for the other major sports teams in New England tho, lol.

At least I can say I'm old enough to remember the Bears beating the Patriots in Superbowl XX, so I get some satisfaction from that even tho it was 30 years ago, lol.

I tried.

I failed.

@DavidBooth7 you're right. I guess this thread is still not getting back on topic. What is Brock Nelson's trade value?
nobody a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2018 à 20 h 4
Black Lives Matter
@DavidBooth7 you're right. I guess this thread is still not getting back on topic. What is Brock Nelson's trade value?

just trying one more time ...
18 févr. 2018 à 20 h 12

I give up squinty smile

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage