Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
And i thought i made a thread that died instantly
nobody a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2017 à 20 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 100
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: krakowitz

The ask for Duchene is way too high, and would only make another hole on the blue line. And how on Earth does Toronto have 6 or 7 top 6 forwards at the center position?

Well they have 6 at least ... Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Bozak and Kadri.

Except for Marner, Nylander and Marleau you're right. 50% well above your normal accuracy rate
Duster, krakowitz, clark and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2017 à 21 h 28
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 362
Quoting: Jarvis
Quoting: PaulDunnill

It's just the way they are listed on CF. It shows 9 forwards on the Bruin squad that can play C. But obviously not all of them do. Some players probably have played C, maybe in the A or junior or college, but they haven't at the NHL level.

We like to be consistent with NHL.com and Elite Prospects positions. If you see a position that is incorrect, make sure you let us know so we can fix it.
This forum is the request page for us to update positions that may have changed or are incorrect: https://capfriendly.com/forums/thread/83753

your positions for the three leafs are accurate. Nylander RW/C. Marner. RW/C, Marleau LW//C. in a pinch the leafs these players at least short term at centre. the bigger issue is that rangerislefan will use any logic to make that isn't there.
23 sept. 2017 à 22 h 12
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Logic is not a word I would use to describe anything he does.
shakes head
cheers RAIF
23 sept. 2017 à 22 h 52
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: mtdavis311

are you saying Girardi is bad? How many times have i told you? NHLers are good players, especially if they've been all-stars.

How many times have we told you? "Bad" is a comparative term when comparing him to other defensemen at the NHL level. Is Girardi a better hockey player than I am? Of course. Does that qualify him to make an NHL team? No.

Does that qualify him to make an NHL team? Seriously? The guy's played a lot of NHL, don't tell me he should go to the minors.

nhl.com says they are centres ... wikipedia calls them centres/wingers. They can play centre or wing. Chances are they move a few of them to the wing, but they can all play centre.

Just because someone is listed as a center, and has played center in their developmental career, does not mean they should play center at the NHL level.

We do NOT want Jake playing 3C for an extended period, because that takes him off of Sid's line where he was absolutely dynamic. Also doesn't solve our PK issue, since Jake doesn't play on the kill and we need another center to take faceoffs there.

Duchene is not a good option. Again, doesn't play PK (at least well), costs to much to acquire and his cap hit is troublesome.

Maybe he plays a lot of wing, but his official position is centre.

are you saying Girardi is bad? How many times have i told you? NHLers are good players, especially if they've been all-stars.

You don't have credibility or permission to use the "How many times have I told you?" argument lmao

Obviously Girardi is a better player than anyone on this site. He's in the NHL. But we don't compare NHLers to regular people. We compare them to other NHLers. Compared to other NHLers, Girardi sucks. I don't care how many times he's been an all-star, the dude doesn't play at a high level anymore. Give me an actual reason why he's a good NHLer today, and I won't ever make the argument he isn't.

laugh
24 sept. 2017 à 5 h 31
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295

laugh

no idea why you think this is funny

how many Rangers games have you watched in the past 3 years? if your answer is one or more, you should know that Girardi doesn't have a place in the NHL. but that's not what this thread is about.

Just because Guentzel COULD play center it doesn't mean Pittsburgh WANTS him to because he works so well on Crosbys wing. So from their perspective, they need another center. Why would they willingly lock themselves into a roster decision they don't want?
nobody a aimé ceci.
24 sept. 2017 à 13 h 1
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

laugh

how many Rangers games have you watched in the past 3 years? if your answer is one or more, you should know that Girardi doesn't have a place in the NHL. but that's not what this thread is about.

Just because Guentzel COULD play center it doesn't mean Pittsburgh WANTS him to because he works so well on Crosbys wing. So from their perspective, they need another center. Why would they willingly lock themselves into a roster decision they don't want?

I know, but if they can't find another centre Guentzel might be their guy.
I've watched a lot of Rangers games in the last 3 years, i'm a Rangers fan ... if you mean any of the games in any way, i've seen a good amount of probably 100-ish Rangers games maybe. Maybe a bit less but pretty close.
24 sept. 2017 à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet

I know, but if they can't find another centre Guentzel might be their guy.
I've watched a lot of Rangers games in the last 3 years, i'm a Rangers fan ... if you mean any of the games in any way, i've seen a good amount of probably 100-ish Rangers games maybe. Maybe a bit less but pretty close.

And Killorn will play center for Tampa
24 sept. 2017 à 19 h 41
Black Lives Matter
Modifié 24 sept. 2017 à 20 h 2
Deleted post
25 sept. 2017 à 0 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163

Marner, Nylander and Marleau are wingers. Marleau hasn't played center in at least 10 years, Marner played one or two seasons their in junior, and Babcock has already said Nylander is going to stay on the wing for a while.

nhl.com says they are centres ... wikipedia calls them centres/wingers. They can play centre or wing. Chances are they move a few of them to the wing, but they can all play centre.

Well centres can play defense too. And defensemen could be a forward (Burns, Big Buff) but they aren't

So, in the end, they don't really have 6 or 7 centres, they have 12-14 forwards and 4 of them will play C
25 sept. 2017 à 0 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: Jarvis

It's just the way they are listed on CF. It shows 9 forwards on the Bruin squad that can play C. But obviously not all of them do. Some players probably have played C, maybe in the A or junior or college, but they haven't at the NHL level.

We like to be consistent with NHL.com and Elite Prospects positions. If you see a position that is incorrect, make sure you let us know so we can fix it.
This forum is the request page for us to update positions that may have changed or are incorrect: https://capfriendly.com/forums/thread/83753

I don't think your positions are incorrect, it just shows that they CAN play different positions in some cases. In the end, there are only 4 dedicated Centres on ANY team.

It's interesting now though with all the faceoff rejections how forwards will have to be capable of playing forward at any position!! And they may have to be flexible/capable enough to switch positions with teammates while play is going on!

Maybe they should all just be called forwards????
25 sept. 2017 à 1 h 41
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392

Dan Girardi can also "play" defense.
Patrik Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, should he be considered to help solve the Jets goaltending issues?
Alex Ovechkin is listed as a LW/RW, He sucked at RW, so can he still play it?

Do you understand where we're coming from?

i'm not looking at capfriendly for positions.
Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, that's a long time ago.
Are you saying Girardi is not a defenseman?

Are you saying Girardi can play defense?
nobody a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2017 à 1 h 44
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392

How many times have we told you? "Bad" is a comparative term when comparing him to other defensemen at the NHL level. Is Girardi a better hockey player than I am? Of course. Does that qualify him to make an NHL team? No.

Does that qualify him to make an NHL team? Seriously? The guy's played a lot of NHL, don't tell me he should go to the minors.

Played a lot of NHL? Like NHL 17?
25 sept. 2017 à 12 h 35
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap

i'm not looking at capfriendly for positions.
Laine was a goalie when he was a kid, that's a long time ago.
Are you saying Girardi is not a defenseman?

I really don't want to be mean here but this whole 'Girardi is trash' thing is nonsense ... and i mean it with other players too like MacDonald.
25 sept. 2017 à 12 h 36
Black Lives Matter

Well centres can play defense too. And defensemen could be a forward (Burns, Big Buff) but they aren't

So, in the end, they don't really have 6 or 7 centres, they have 12-14 forwards and 4 of them will play C

Marleau is actually a centre though.
25 sept. 2017 à 13 h 19
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324

Marleau hasn't played C in years, and will not be playing it any time soon with the Leafs.
nobody a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2017 à 20 h 8
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Marleau hasn't played C in years, and will not be playing it any time soon with the Leafs.

ok, maybe he's not really a centre ... though i'm pretty sure his 'official' position a centre ... maybe he doesn't really play it though ... but still, back on topic, they still have Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, and Komarov ... Bozak would be a good option for the Pens if they can get him ... i see Sheahan as more of a 4C than a 3C.
25 sept. 2017 à 20 h 12
Démarrer sujet

ok, maybe he's not really a centre ... though i'm pretty sure his 'official' position a centre ... maybe he doesn't really play it though ... but still, back on topic, they still have Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, and Komarov ... Bozak would be a good option for the Pens if they can get him ... i see Sheahan as more of a 4C than a 3C.

Big Buff his still a RW. Burns is still a RW. Killorn hasn't played center in years but is still a center. Bishop is still a forward.
Pasta88Sauce, Kotkaniemi15 et nobody a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2017 à 23 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
I think Sheehan to pitt is a solid option. Would be cheap to acquire and pens are very good at players who are reclamation projects. If he can get back to the level he was at a few years ago (high 30 points) that’s a good bonino replacement (maybe an upgrade) and if not, he still makes a very good 4C and pens can upgrade their C at deadline with a rental
26 sept. 2017 à 5 h 18
I'm a Skatman
Quoting: Mr_cap

I really don't want to be mean here but this whole 'Girardi is trash' thing is nonsense ...

ImpossibleComfortableBlacklemur.gif
Kotkaniemi15, krakowitz et nobody a aimé ceci.
26 sept. 2017 à 12 h 49
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

Big Buff his still a RW. Burns is still a RW. Killorn hasn't played center in years but is still a center. Bishop is still a forward.

no they aren't. If you look at Marleau's stats on nhl.com is has a C by his name ... what else would that mean?
26 sept. 2017 à 12 h 50
Black Lives Matter

I really don't want to be mean here but this whole 'Girardi is trash' thing is nonsense ...

26 sept. 2017 à 13 h 14
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324

If only there were a way to observe a player's performance, quantify it in a readable manner (such as numbers), and then aggregate it in some sort of mass database for all to see.
26 sept. 2017 à 18 h 17
I'm a Skatman

b

If only there were a way to observe a player's performance, quantify it in a readable manner (such as numbers), and then aggregate it in some sort of mass database for all to see.

for what prupose? everything has been said about Girardi that has to be said.
26 sept. 2017 à 19 h 25
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387

for what prupose? everything has been said about Girardi that has to be said.

He's sarcastically referencing advanced analytics

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage