Forums/Armchair-GM

Retool year 2 rebuild the pipeline

Créé par: tupty
Équipe: 2024-25 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 3 juin 2024
Publié: 16 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The theme of the re-tool last year: weather the cap storm with moneyball signings
The theme of the re-tool this year: rebuild the prospect pipeline, weaponsize cap space to maximize trade returns, and let the kids play

We should use our assets to trade for picks or prospects. This ACGM aggressively pursues prospects who are still young enough that their future is not clear, and it does so by retaining on players to make trades possible. The goal is to accelerate the prospect pipeline rebuild by acquiring recent selections, rather than accruing first round picks. These kids could see the NHL ice time within 2-3 years if they pan out, while picks are more likely on the 4-5 year time scale.

As for the UFA signings:
* Get someone to improve our center defense and faceoffs to take pressure off of the D men in closeout situations. In a perfect world, they can push Zacha to the wing and hopefully improve first line scoring.
* Get a short-term insurance policy on the left side D for if Lohrei has growing pains. Preferably a defensive defenseman who can PK and be hard to play against. Bonus points for being able to fight.
* Let the kids play. Give Lysell the first shot and let Poitras have some time in the AHL to recover from surgery. If Lysell struggles, send him back down and call up Poitras to be 3C. Heinen is the insurance policy who can slot up into the 2nd line.

Heinen's contract is probably a bit low, but he can have a very plausible performance bonus and a stretch performance bonus to supplement his base salary. Perhaps something like 500k for playing at least 40 games in a season and 500k more if he has over 15 g. That makes his real contract more like 2.5mx3 years with a chance to make it 3m in any given year if he has a good season.

This roster construction takes some strategic gambles, but this team is much better defensively. They will still struggle to score, and they won't be better in net, but they will be much better positioned coming out of the re-tool than if they were to sign another aging forward to a contract that they will likely regret within 2-3 years.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2850 000 $
87 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
77 500 000 $
23 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar
  2. Ritchie, Calum [Liste de réserve]
Détails additionnels:
Rather than going all-in via UFA and picking up a contract with a questionable lifetime with Ullmark's cap space, the Bruins commit to another year of re-tooling. Ritchie instantly joins Poitras as one of the most promising centers in the Bruins pipeline.

Ritchie not only fills a hole in our prospect pipeline, but he was selected last year.
COL
  1. Ullmark, Linus (1 600 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (BOS)
Détails additionnels:
Retention makes this a pure salary swap goalie upgrade. I think Ullmark/Annunen could compete for the Jennings, but I think with Georgiev/Annunen you need to worry about the goaltending faltering at the wrong time or needing to lean on one single guy too much. With that said, Georgiev could still be a capable starter, so this move would be more about mitigating risk in net during a contending window. A 3rd going from Boston helps smooth things over. Retention is in place just to help the deal go through.

Avs are granted permission to discuss a long term extension, which may be required for both Ullmark and the Avs in order to make the deal go through.
BOS
  1. Ziemmer, Koehn
Détails additionnels:
Would take Ziemmer or Pinelli. Basically looking for mid-tier forward prospects with top 6 upside and middle 6 projections.

Pinelli's game is more well-rounded and he is closer to making the jump to the NHL, but he struggled in the AHL last year. With PLD not panning out last year, I could imagine some Kings fans want to keep him as an insurance policy as a 3C or 2C when Denault's contract is up.

Ziemmer's ceiling seems higher at this point, but the variance is also greater in terms of whether or not his game will translate. He is a pure RW, so there is also less positional flexibility. I think he is higher in the Athletic's prospect rankings than Pinelli, but at this point between these two it is a crapshoot IMO.
LAK
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar (1 700 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
In an offseason where the Kings need to fill a lot of roster holes and re-sign Byfield with 20m in space, the Bruins retain salary to give the Kings good value on a guy who can be a starter, but who needs to play fewer games than what he played in Colorado. Georgiev can be paired with Rittich, Portillo, or a vet backup. If Georgiev sticks, then maybe he gets re-signed and become a tandem for a season or two until Portillo becomes the de-facto starter. If he stinks, then the Kings are paying backup-level money for a starter, and he will be gone after 1 year.
BOS
    Praise for a BOS-NJ trade that doesn't involve Ullmark
    NJD
      Return of the King: RFA rights for Jesper Boqvist
      Rachats de contrats
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de BOS
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2388 000 000 $87 051 667 $50 000 $520 000 $948 333 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
      C, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 7
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      11 250 000 $11 250 000 $
      AD
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
      AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
      C, AD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
      AD
      RFA - 2
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      C, AD
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
      C
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      925 000 $925 000 $
      C
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      775 000 $775 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      787 500 $787 500 $
      AG, AD
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      800 000 $800 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
      DG
      NTC, NMC
      UFA - 6
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
      G
      RFA
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
      DG
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
      DD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      850 000 $850 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 3
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      800 000 $800 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      16 juin à 21 h 56
      I Love J Boqvist
      Rejoint: janv. 2023
      Mentions "j'aime": 3,891
      I like it.

What are you valuing Ziemmer at in that, because I’d be interested in hopping on as NJD
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      16 juin à 22 h 27
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Rejoint: juin 2023
      Mentions "j'aime": 515
      Quoting: dgibb10
      I like it.

What are you valuing Ziemmer at in that, because I’d be interested in hopping on as NJD

I'm no prospect guru, but he was selected in the 3rd round last year and he is currently rated as a mid-tier prospect (https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/los-angeles-kings/news/kings-drop-10-spots-in-athletics-prospect-pool-rankings), so I treated him as an early 3rd rounder. He has been playing well in the WHL for a few seasons now, so I could see why Kings fans might argue he should be considered higher, but as a novice I don't put too much stock into these guys' performance one way or the other until I see how they do in their 2nd season in the AHL.
      16 juin à 22 h 28
      I Love J Boqvist
      Rejoint: janv. 2023
      Mentions "j'aime": 3,891
      Quoting: tupty
      I'm no prospect guru, but he was selected in the 3rd round last year and he is currently rated as a mid-tier prospect (https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/los-angeles-kings/news/kings-drop-10-spots-in-athletics-prospect-pool-rankings), so I treated him as an early 3rd rounder. He has been playing well in the WHL for a few seasons now, so I could see why Kings fans might argue he should be considered higher, but as a novice I don't put too much stock into these guys' performance one way or the other until I see how they do in their 2nd season in the AHL.

Not sure what NJD offer you as an equivalent prospect but I think NJD should definitely pay an early 3rd+ for a 1.7 mill georgiev
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      16 juin à 22 h 28
      Colby
      Rejoint: mai 2024
      Mentions "j'aime": 163
      i just dont think its worth too spend 2m on heinen. hes a great 3rd line player for the bruins but not worth more then 1.25-1.5 for them. hes very replaceable with how deep they are in 4th line talent and just keeping boqvist and signing him to a 1-2x 1m deal would just be better. its also not worth for the bruins to give up boqvist for nothing. Im not also convinced dillion is worth that much. 20 points at most for his career. hes 33 and i would project him to take another step back. would rather see the bruins look for another JVR type player on a 1 year deal like tyler Johnson or TJ brodie or hoffman, pacioretty, martinez, brendan smith, olofsson or even dumba. It would give someone a chance to try and be a valueable player again and would fill a gap for the year or with olofsson nd dumba someone they could package at the TDL for an add if theres someone they like (like taylor hall a few years ago) they have wotherspoon and a few D that edge NHL. they dont really have to spend any money just find a vet or 2 to take some icetime and fill games while they figure out were they value wotherspoon or if ian mitch can make the jump to be a 7th D.

edt: I dont mind the idea of the bruins or a few other teams that are a year or 2 away from actually being close to a cup take on some 1 year ret for a better return on some trades or even at the TDL take a few picks to eat some cap for other teams
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      16 juin à 22 h 49
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Quoting: dgibb10
      Not sure what NJD offer you as an equivalent prospect but I think NJD should definitely pay an early 3rd+ for a 1.7 mill georgiev

If ACGM had a 3-way trade function, what I was initially thinking was that the 3rd coming from Boston to the Avs would come from another team, who would then get Georgiev retained. I'm more interested in prospects who are either further along or who are potentially only 2 years away, but certainly I'd take an early 3rd round pick this year. I am not sure which prospect applies in the Devil's system, but if you know of any you could make recommendations.
      16 juin à 22 h 59
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Quoting: colby
      i just dont think its worth too spend 2m on heinen. hes a great 3rd line player for the bruins but not worth more then 1.25-1.5 for them. hes very replaceable with how deep they are in 4th line talent and just keeping boqvist and signing him to a 1-2x 1m deal would just be better. its also not worth for the bruins to give up boqvist for nothing. Im not also convinced dillion is worth that much. 20 points at most for his career. hes 33 and i would project him to take another step back. would rather see the bruins look for another JVR type player on a 1 year deal like tyler Johnson or TJ brodie or hoffman, pacioretty, martinez, brendan smith, olofsson or even dumba. It would give someone a chance to try and be a valueable player again and would fill a gap for the year or with olofsson nd dumba someone they could package at the TDL for an add if theres someone they like (like taylor hall a few years ago) they have wotherspoon and a few D that edge NHL. they dont really have to spend any money just find a vet or 2 to take some icetime and fill games while they figure out were they value wotherspoon or if ian mitch can make the jump to be a 7th D.

edt: I dont mind the idea of the bruins or a few other teams that are a year or 2 away from actually being close to a cup take on some 1 year ret for a better return on some trades or even at the TDL take a few picks to eat some cap for other teams

I'm not specifically crazy for signing Heinen, but assuming DeBrusk walk and we let the kids have a shot, if none of them work out then we'll be playing someone like Geekie in the top 6 again. I'd rather have Heinen as 2 year insurance policy. If there is another guy out there who can fill the role of being defensively responsible and able to slot up into the top 6 and contribute ~15 goals at a cheaper price point, I am OK with that too, but I just don't want to push Geekie or Frederic up out of the 3rd line.

Whoever they sign on the left D needs to be physical and should PK. Ideally they should take some of the fighting duties from Frederic. They also need to be willing to take a short term deal (~2 years) and play 2nd or 3rd pairing. It doesn't have to be Dillon, but I think he fits those needs to a T. I don't think this player needs to produce a lot of offense, because we have two guys on the left who can help with that. There are definitely cheaper options than Dillon out there, but he is who I would target. Anyone more expensive than 3m per season doesn't really fit for me.
      16 juin à 23 h 31
      Colby
      Rejoint: mai 2024
      Mentions "j'aime": 163
      I'm not specifically crazy for signing Heinen, but assuming DeBrusk walk and we let the kids have a shot, if none of them work out then we'll be playing someone like Geekie in the top 6 again. I'd rather have Heinen as 2 year insurance policy. If there is another guy out there who can fill the role of being defensively responsible and able to slot up into the top 6 and contribute ~15 goals at a cheaper price point, I am OK with that too, but I just don't want to push Geekie or Frederic up out of the 3rd line.

Whoever they sign on the left D needs to be physical and should PK. Ideally they should take some of the fighting duties from Frederic. They also need to be willing to take a short term deal (~2 years) and play 2nd or 3rd pairing. It doesn't have to be Dillon, but I think he fits those needs to a T. I don't think this player needs to produce a lot of offense, because we have two guys on the left who can help with that. There are definitely cheaper options than Dillon out there, but he is who I would target. Anyone more expensive than 3m per season doesn't really fit for me.

I understand the dillion point Im just not a fan of his and dont think he should be worth more then 2m to anyteam. He just doesnt fit what i see the bruins needing.
      Heinen I just dont think u should value much. hes a solid player but hes always had a drop off anytime he leaves boston and geekie/frederic should be fine taking some top6 mins. I think if u lose JDB this would be the perfect year to start trying to get either of them in the top 6 to see if they can handle it. if they can then great if not then u can just rotate players. Theres guys like duclair, sprong mantha, tatar, barabanov, beauvillier arvidsson and olofsson who they should would be able to sign for 3-4m for 2-3 years and can easily play 3rd line and some top6 mins while u test out geekie and frederic in the top 6. I dont think they are in a win now but making the playoffs and being competitive while they let the young kids keep growing and making a cup window open in a few years is what they should be doing. esp if u get ritchie + another prospect for ullmark u resign sway long term.
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 0 h 7
      Rejoint: juin 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 40
      Solid moves. I think Lindholm's number will definitely be 8M+ though.
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 3 h 14
      LA fan from Germany
      Rejoint: janv. 2024
      Mentions "j'aime": 132
      Actually, the Kings need to strongly consider that move. It is a pretty low risk scenario to acquire a very solid goalie for 1.7M AAV for one year and based on his performance the Kings can decide whether to keep him after next season long term or if they decide to look for another option. I cannnot imagine that he fully disappoints, as he is a very good goalie. If teh Kings can implement forwards like Turcotte, Thomas, Lafferiere and ****emo, the loss of Ziemmer wouldn't be too tough although he is doing very very well.
      The Kings could be glad to have a very good goalie for that amount of money and the Aves don't lose quality in net either.
      I think the Kings would need to limit the amount of games of Georgiev to 55. Rittich showed that he can be a very solid back-up. I see that this could be working out well for all teams
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 8 h 5
      Rejoint: janv. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 4,982
      Avs decline very easily.
      ArakinSkywalker a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 9 h 17
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Quoting: TJTwolf
      Avs decline very easily.

Can you elaborate? Poor value on the trade? Disagree that goaltending would be improved? Bad fit?

Keeping your guys is certainly a safe play, but I am just not sure where Ritchie will fit in the next 3 years if (when) you all sign Mittelstadt. He might not even pan out.
      17 juin à 9 h 26
      Rejoint: août 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 9,498
      BOS fans turning into TML fans. Ulmark is not a Ritchie level replacement better than Georgiev. Easy easy easy no.
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 9 h 35
      Can you elaborate? Poor value on the trade? Disagree that goaltending would be improved? Bad fit?

Keeping your guys is certainly a safe play, but I am just not sure where Ritchie will fit in the next 3 years if (when) you all sign Mittelstadt. He might not even pan out.

Considering the fact he has a 200ft game and is a center on elc he really easily fits at 3C or given that Nichushkin has probably played his last game and if he studs out you can move either him or Mittlestadt to the wing. On no planet is COL trading their top forward prospect whom fell in the draft because he played hurt all his draft year to marginally upgrade at goalie. I’m not going to say the kid is untouchable but get real, the upgrade from Georgiev to Ulmark who costs more isn’t a teams best prospect, nor are they kicking in a 1st. Ulmark is a pending UFA goalie (as is Georgiev) but that isn’t the super valuable commodity you think it is.
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 9 h 48
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Quoting: Xqb15a
      BOS fans turning into TML fans

Now you are just being hurtful.
      ArakinSkywalker a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 10 h 9
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Considering the fact he has a 200ft game and is a center on elc he really easily fits at 3C or given that Nichushkin has probably played his last game and if he studs out you can move either him or Mittlestadt to the wing. On no planet is COL trading their top forward prospect whom fell in the draft because he played hurt all his draft year to marginally upgrade at goalie. I’m not going to say the kid is untouchable but get real, the upgrade from Georgiev to Ulmark who costs more isn’t a teams best prospect, nor are they kicking in a 1st. Ulmark is a pending UFA goalie (as is Georgiev) but that isn’t the super valuable commodity you think it is.

I agree. That is why I retained on Ullmark (so he does not cost more) and sent a pick back the other way. If that 3rd round pick became a 2nd, how far off is it?

Also, I understand Ritchie produced, and he has done everything you could hope for from a late 1st rounder. I do not mean to belittle his production. But we usually don't know if guys will pan out until they hit the AHL level and still produce, that is all I meant by it.
      17 juin à 10 h 12

^ This! Basically it's the same as Calgary fans wanting him for Markstrom. Both want a good C prospect and think that Colorado is going to marginally upgrade at G to give them Ritchie.
      17 juin à 10 h 23
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      ^ This! Basically it's the same as Calgary fans wanting him for Markstrom. Both want a good C prospect and think that Colorado is going to marginally upgrade at G to give them Ritchie.

To be honest, I thought Avs fans had a lot of question marks about Georgiev. I guess you all think he is still the right guy for the job in COL though. That is fine.
      17 juin à 10 h 35
      I agree. That is why I retained on Ullmark (so he does not cost more) and sent a pick back the other way. If that 3rd round pick became a 2nd, how far off is it?

Also, I understand Ritchie produced, and he has done everything you could hope for from a late 1st rounder. I do not mean to belittle his production. But we usually don't know if guys will pan out until they hit the AHL level and still produce, that is all I meant by it.

You’re aren’t getting Ritchie in any Ulmark deal that’s straight not happening. Like what do you think teams are actually going to pay for a 30+ pending UFA goalie with a NMC? You aren’t going to get a 1st you definitely aren’t going to get a 1st +. Teams know Ulmark has to approve the deal and they already know he nixed one deal so who do you think is in control? Hint isn’t BOS, and thinking you are getting top assets back is super unrealistic.
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 10 h 38
      To be honest, I thought Avs fans had a lot of question marks about Georgiev. I guess you all think he is still the right guy for the job in COL though. That is fine.

So a guy that lead the league in wins and was arguably their best player against DAL? Did he not play great for stretches sure, but Ulmark isn’t the upgrade that your asking price seems to indicate.
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 12 h 36

Are there question marks? Sure, you could probably say that. But, he led the league in wins and bounced back mightily in the playoffs. It certainly wasn't on him that the Avs went out (nor were some of the horrible goals during the regular season, his D hung him out to dry on numerous occasions). Is Ullmark the answer? I would say absolutely not, and it's not that he isn't a good goalie or better than Georgiev (though by how big a margin is another point - it's not by a Cal Ritchie margin). An older goalie, soon to be UFA, as is Georgie, but who will probably demand a raise from his current salary (which makes retention irrelevant going forward, the Avs almost certainly can't afford to sign a goalie at 5 mil plus the following season......Georgie MIGHT still be affordable at about 5 mil per), and who holds basically all the cards in a trade destination scenario. I'm not even sure on that basis that I'd do Georgiev straight up, let alone add in Ritchie.
      17 juin à 12 h 37
      BOS fans turning into TML fans. Ulmark is not a Ritchie level replacement better than Georgiev. Easy easy easy no.

Now you are just being hurtful.

Yeah @Xqb15a, that was a little harsh! tears of joy
      tupty a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 14 h 57
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      Are there question marks? Sure, you could probably say that. But, he led the league in wins and bounced back mightily in the playoffs. It certainly wasn't on him that the Avs went out (nor were some of the horrible goals during the regular season, his D hung him out to dry on numerous occasions). Is Ullmark the answer? I would say absolutely not, and it's not that he isn't a good goalie or better than Georgiev (though by how big a margin is another point - it's not by a Cal Ritchie margin). An older goalie, soon to be UFA, as is Georgie, but who will probably demand a raise from his current salary (which makes retention irrelevant going forward, the Avs almost certainly can't afford to sign a goalie at 5 mil plus the following season......Georgie MIGHT still be affordable at about 5 mil per), and who holds basically all the cards in a trade destination scenario. I'm not even sure on that basis that I'd do Georgiev straight up, let alone add in Ritchie.

Yeah, this thread made me independently wonder what the Avs will do after this year if they stick with Georgiev, but that is a separate discussion for another day.
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      17 juin à 15 h 7
      Démarrer sujet
      Good nerd
      You’re aren’t getting Ritchie in any Ulmark deal that’s straight not happening. Like what do you think teams are actually going to pay for a 30+ pending UFA goalie with a NMC? You aren’t going to get a 1st you definitely aren’t going to get a 1st +. Teams know Ulmark has to approve the deal and they already know he nixed one deal so who do you think is in control? Hint isn’t BOS, and thinking you are getting top assets back is super unrealistic.

I feel like there is a formula here. I ask an honest quesion about adding pieces around Ullmark to see how far off things are, and instead of telling me how far off I am you ignore the details of my question, tell me I am big dumb, and tell me that Ullmark has no trade value. I am not sure I have any more questions.
      17 juin à 16 h 24
      Mentions "j'aime": 9,042
      So a guy that lead the league in wins and was arguably their best player against DAL? Did he not play great for stretches sure, but Ulmark isn’t the upgrade that your asking price seems to indicate.

He lead the league in wins because he played for a good team and played a lot. It’s purely a volume result. His stats suck. He was 63rd among 71 qualified goalies for GSAA and and QS% of .435

He is a backup caliber goalie on a good team. Starter for bad or desperate team. Ullmark is a significant upgrade.

Not sure it is Ritchie level upgrade but significant upgrade nonetheless.
      17 juin à 17 h 19
      Quoting: Gofnut999
      He lead the league in wins because he played for a good team and played a lot. It’s purely a volume result. His stats suck. He was 63rd among 71 qualified goalies for GSAA and and QS% of .435

He is a backup caliber goalie on a good team. Starter for bad or desperate team. Ullmark is a significant upgrade.

Not sure it is Ritchie level upgrade but significant upgrade nonetheless.

Ulmark is not a significant upgrade it’s disingenuous to sell it as such. Hilariously bad take that the guy who led the league in wins is back up level. Ulmark has played the last few years with Swayman as his running mate keeping his workload levels at a much easier level as well as zero sense of urgency because the alternate wasn’t a question mark. Georgiev was so over used this year it was ridiculous. He couldn’t ever take off back to back games especially once the wheels fell off on Prosvetov (unfortunately I saw that implosion in person). Outside of game 1 against the Jets he was excellent in the playoffs, and if it was solely the case of the Avs being so good why didn’t they beat the Stars he was the only reason they made it to double OT in games 6 vs the stars. Imo Georgiev and Ulmark are in the exact same tier some where depending on the day between 7 and 15 and you sure as hell don’t kick in your top prospect to stay in the same tier, hell you don’t even get an extra year. The whole thing is ridiculous
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage