SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Sad Day for the CapFriendly Site

9 juin à 18 h 59
Shameless Sellout
Rejoint: juin 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 19
Honestly I'm just disappointed. The site was founded as a continuation of a free and informative resource to the hockey community. It was a legacy to Capgeek and his late life's work. I'm sorry but shame on the site and it's founders for taking the money and abandoning this community and insulting what Capgeek stood for. Awful.
WhoCares_ItsAFantasyGame, edeangel84, Saskleaf and 7 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 12
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,656
Quoting: TheShamelessSellout
Honestly I'm just disappointed. The site was founded as a continuation of a free and informative resource to the hockey community. It was a legacy to Capgeek and his late life's work. I'm sorry but shame on the site and it's founders for taking the money and abandoning this community and insulting what Capgeek stood for. Awful.

It is true that new owners of CF are "disabling" this website. I can certainly understand the current owners selling, but what's in for Ted if it's discontinued publicly?
Saskleaf et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Shameless Sellout
From my understanding the whole site is going dark.
9 juin à 19 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,399
Sorry Capitals, you just made an enemy today.

May you never win a playoff series or draft lottery ever again.
edeangel84, Letsgoleafs, StutzlesNumber1Fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 32
Quoting: palhal
It is true that new owners of CF are "disabling" this website. I can certainly understand the current owners selling, but what's in for Ted if it's discontinued publicly?

From what I understand, all NHL teams use this site to check cap situations around the league. If they buy it and turn it off to everyone but themselves, they'll have an immediate advantage over every other team in the league. Other teams will need to build their own versions from scratch.

Alternatively, they could sell access to other teams and make a ton of money.
palhal, TheGxForum et RicXX a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Shameless Sellout
I want to add too this site was founded based off the work of the now deceased founder of Capgeek. And I guarantee not a single dollar of that sale goes to his estate. I'm sorry but the CF team are complete ghouls for doing this.
edeangel84, Letsgoleafs, StutzlesNumber1Fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,656
Quoting: tkecanuck341
From what I understand, all NHL teams use this site to check cap situations around the league. If they buy it and turn it off to everyone but themselves, they'll have an immediate advantage over every other team in the league. Other teams will need to build their own versions from scratch.

Alternatively, they could sell access to other teams and make a ton of money.

If that's the case, I'm surprised the NHL (which is the owners of the 32 NHL teams) wouldn't just buy CF and share the information among the themselves. I'm sure the current NHL teams use a type of CF individually.
They could still keep the site public....hey doesn't that help attract fans.
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 44
OldSLIMEfan
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 263
Quoting: TheShamelessSellout
I want to add too this site was founded based off the work of the now deceased founder of Capgeek. And I guarantee not a single dollar of that sale goes to his estate. I'm sorry but the CF team are complete ghouls for doing this.

They already ****ized his vision for a salary cap site a long time ago. This place could have been a haven for actual ideas instead we got what we got. Another site will replace this one same as capgeek and we will probably be better for it!
RicXX a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 54
God bless everyone
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,319

I think I’m the long term we’ll probably see another similar site take CFs place, but at least for now the caps will have a major advantage, as it seems most NHL teams actually just used cap friendly a lot of the time.

But it really sucks for all of us. There are a lot of great people on this site (yourself being one of them!) that I’ll miss being able to chat with. Really unfortunate
Letsgoleafs et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 55
If that's the case, I'm surprised the NHL (which is the owners of the 32 NHL teams) wouldn't just buy CF and share the information among the themselves. I'm sure the current NHL teams use a type of CF individually.
They could still keep the site public....hey doesn't that help attract fans.

Why buy it if someone was providing it for free?

I'm sure the Capitals didn't need to get league approval before buying a private data & analytics company.
Letsgoleafs et TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
9 juin à 19 h 56
Leafs Fan Forever
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 78
It’s a sad day for hockey fans… I’m sure even caps fans are mad. We are losing a great site
11 juin à 21 h 45
thegx.ca/forum
Rejoint: déc. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 15
😫

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage