Forums/Armchair-GM

Its simple really

Créé par: Trmaus12
Équipe: 2024-25 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 21 mai 2024
Publié: 21 mai 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It’s time for the bruins to move on from Ully, I’ve been saying it for a while and I think the fans understand there needs to be more offense from this team. With that being said…

- Ully could be traded to any team not on his 15 NTC, doesn’t have to be NJ but I’ve seen NJ fans propose this trade, and if NJ really thinks Ully is their guy if say this is pretty fair, 2024 1st is definitely off the table
- Sway gets close to 8 mil
- Need to get a 1C like Elias Lindholm to help Pasta
- Need a strong winger, can be Bert, really hope if it’s Debrusk, we don’t overpay him
- Other than that sign one vet D cheap to help Spoon and Peeke, add a third liner like Heinen with a bit of term to help next year, and run with a cheap backup that can perform when needed, and that’s it, that’s the goal
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1785 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
2925 000 $
88 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
67 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
55 750 000 $
22 000 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (NJD)
NJD
  1. Ullmark, Linus
Détails additionnels:
Can be anything if NJ wants Ullmark. We can try and trade him to a different team off his NTC too
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de NJD
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $86 165 834 $50 000 $330 000 $1 534 166 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
11 250 000 $11 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
787 500 $787 500 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
G
RFA
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 mai à 7 h 46
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,362
Not sure you get a 1st and Holtz for Ullmark, a 5mil expiring UFA platoon goalie

I like Ullmark, but hes never been a number one goalie his entire career and has only played 40 games or more (49 being his high) 3 times in a 9 yr career. No one is giving up that amount for what hes been all his career - a platoon goalie.

Maybe a 3rd and Holtz is more realistic. Or a 1st and Kevin Bahl kind of thing

I like the moves, but Holtz should be given every chance to play higher up in lineup than 4th line, and I'd rather have a better 3rd pairing/7th than Peeke-Wotherspoon-Forbort
21 mai à 7 h 50
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,078
Seriously?
Look at the last 100 threads on these two teams and you'll see what has mutually been agreed on
21 mai à 7 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 75
Quoting: Hammerwise
Not sure you get a 1st and Holtz for Ullmark, a 5mil expiring UFA platoon goalie

I like Ullmark, but hes never been a number one goalie his entire career and has only played 40 games or more (49 being his high) 3 times in a 9 yr career. No one is giving up that amount for what hes been all his career - a platoon goalie.

Maybe a 3rd and Holtz is more realistic. Or a 1st and Kevin Bahl kind of thing

I like the moves, but Holtz should be given every chance to play higher up in lineup than 4th line, and I'd rather have a better 3rd pairing/7th than Peeke-Wotherspoon-Forbort

I mean I’m mainly going off what others have listed. Doesn’t have to include a prospect, but the idea being holtz and a first is that NJ is desperate for a G1. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to see them try and be the highest bidder for the G1’s out there like Ullmark
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 6
must have cap space
Rejoint: avr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 116
Quoting: Smitty426
Seriously?
Look at the last 100 threads on these two teams and you'll see what has mutually been agreed on

I really think Ullmark will go in a package for the 2025 WPG 2nd round pick and a prospect like Graeme Clarke. I could write a thesis as to why I think this, but there’s a lot of stuff to read in my post history.
Trmaus12 et Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,439
I doubt that it would take Holtz along with the 1st to get an Ullmark deal done. I can agree that an asset may be added to the 1st to get it over the goal line, but not one to the caliber of Holtz.
Trmaus12 et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 8
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,362
Quoting: Trmaus12
I mean I’m mainly going off what others have listed. Doesn’t have to include a prospect, but the idea being holtz and a first is that NJ is desperate for a G1. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to see them try and be the highest bidder for the G1’s out there like Ullmark

True, but its a stretch to say Ullmark is a 1G for all the reasons I've put before, and if Sarros is available then Ullmark doesn;t stand a chance. Theres alot of solid backup/platoon UFA options out there and while Ullmark weould be the best of that lot, hes not the best quality starting goalie that is available in trade. Ullmark isn;t a starting goalie and has no history of being a number one goalie.

But the market for goalies is quite small and theres alot of options out there. Ullmark as a platoon number one and a 5mil expiring guy does not have the value of a Sarros or maybe even a Markstrom. Theres only a few contenders who would stump up for a starter (Toronto and NJD come to mind), but if Sarros, Markstrom are available through trade as well as some similar options to Ullmark available in UFA, no one is paying that much for one year of Ullmark.

And while I like the addition of Beertuzzi and Holtz, I think you pass on Heinen and use that money to upgrade the 5-7th dmen.

Just my opinion though
Trmaus12 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 9
must have cap space

The highest bidder. I urge you to go look at the cap friendly team pages for the teams you think will try to acquire Linus Ullmark. Most of them have traded away draft picks. They cannot hope to trade more of them without completely depleting their store of draft picks. No GM is going to be reckless trying to acquire Linus Ullmark (or anyone for that matter). Why should New Jersey offer you such a package when all they have to do is beat every other team that has already traded away their draft picks?
21 mai à 8 h 13
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,546

Truly how many teams are the Devils up against that also need a goalie, have the cap space, and would give anything close to Holtz AND a 1st is the question.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 19
Démarrer sujet
I edited the post for you guys. It doesn’t matter what the return is. The goal of the trade is to help a team in need of a goalie they want to run with.

Don’t care about the return. Needs to be a win/win for both sides so whatever that is it’s the goal
21 mai à 8 h 25
must have cap space
I edited the post for you guys. It doesn’t matter what the return is. The goal of the trade is to help a team in need of a goalie they want to run with.

Don’t care about the return. Needs to be a win/win for both sides so whatever that is it’s the goal

You can take Graeme Clarke’s RFA rights too in addition to the second round pick. Only the most irrational NJD fan would put up any fight here.
Trmaus12 et Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hammerwise
True, but its a stretch to say Ullmark is a 1G for all the reasons I've put before, and if Sarros is available then Ullmark doesn;t stand a chance. Theres alot of solid backup/platoon UFA options out there and while Ullmark weould be the best of that lot, hes not the best quality starting goalie that is available in trade. Ullmark isn;t a starting goalie and has no history of being a number one goalie.

But the market for goalies is quite small and theres alot of options out there. Ullmark as a platoon number one and a 5mil expiring guy does not have the value of a Sarros or maybe even a Markstrom. Theres only a few contenders who would stump up for a starter (Toronto and NJD come to mind), but if Sarros, Markstrom are available through trade as well as some similar options to Ullmark available in UFA, no one is paying that much for one year of Ullmark.

And while I like the addition of Beertuzzi and Holtz, I think you pass on Heinen and use that money to upgrade the 5-7th dmen.

Just my opinion though

I like what you have here, only thing I’d add is even Ully hasn’t played a G1 starter role, he’s still been one of the better goalies in GSAx which you can overlook from a data standpoint and he’s got a 5mil cap hit.

I know NJ wanted Markstrom, and I think he’d be a good fit. Only question is the age, same with Ully too, although Markstrom is a bit older and has a higher cap hit at 6mil.
21 mai à 8 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NJTM
You can take Graeme Clarke’s RFA rights too in addition to the second round pick. Only the most irrational NJD fan would put up any fight here.

If that’s a more fit return that sure that works.

The only other reason I listed NJ here if that they want a goalie, and it seems like Ully wants to be closer to the East coast. Nevertheless, whatever the return is that NJ wants to pay is fine if that ends up happening. If not no big deal. Saros and Markstrom could still be targeted for them but i bet that would cost way more to acquire one of those goalies
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 8 h 34
must have cap space
If that’s a more fit return that sure that works.

The only other reason I listed NJ here if that they want a goalie, and it seems like Ully wants to be closer to the East coast. Nevertheless, whatever the return is that NJ wants to pay is fine if that ends up happening. If not no big deal. Saros and Markstrom could still be targeted for them but i bet that would cost way more to acquire one of those goalies

I think both sides would be very happy with the trade of Graeme Clarke and a 2025 second round pick (have your pick, NJD has 2 of them). That’s probably less than Boston wants to receive and more than New Jersey would like to give up. It’s a perfect trade in other words.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 9 h 16
Mentions "j'aime": 1,891
Modifié 21 mai à 9 h 26
I think both sides would be very happy with the trade of Graeme Clarke and a 2025 second round pick (have your pick, NJD has 2 of them). That’s probably less than Boston wants to receive and more than New Jersey would like to give up. It’s a perfect trade in other words.

People need to stop pretending that either side has superior leverage. My guess is if NJ made that offer and decided to play hardball that Ullmark gets traded to Detroit for Shai Buium and a 2024 2nd round pick, which frankly is probably my favorite probable package from a team needing a goalie.

Alex Holtz and a 2024 third is about even. If I were betting, I believe that would be closer to the NJD deal if it happens. If Ullmark is open to Ottawa with an extension, my belief is that’s where he is traded. It’s an open question, but Ottawa and Jersey both own top 10 picks and both have good young talent.

If the objective is to lose arguably the best option in goal because you are trying to squeeze Sweeney and pretend to be a tough negotiator, go ahead. You’ll likely lose. There is the perfect opportunity for a trade between these two teams if both GM’s are smart

The Devils need a goalie and the options on the open market aren’t in Ullmark’s class. Saros isn’t likely available and even if he is, you are talking about a different price point. I read the posts above and it’s as if Ullmark doesn’t have the best Goals Saved Above Expected / 60 over the past two years in the league or a Vezina. Boston has had two quality goaltenders. The description of platoon goaltender seems to fit Jake Allen and Kaapo Kapanen more than Linus Ullmark.

The Bruins need to trade him to secure another top 6 forward option in free agency or they are depending on Lysell and Heinen instead of resigning DeBrusk if they sign Lindholm. The irony is that probably is the more prudent approach from a cap mgmt perspective if they believe in Lysell’s talent (he did have a very good year in Providence)

There is NO cap crunch with pending teams that could trade for him. Most of the league has salary cap room, but some have less than others.
Trmaus12 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 9 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Celtics21
People need to stop pretending that either side has superior leverage. My guess is if NJ made that offer and decided to play hardball that Ullmark gets traded to Detroit for Shai Buium and a 2024 2nd round pick, which frankly is probably my favorite probable package from a team needing a goalie. I’d rather have that package than Alex Holtz and a 2024 third, but it’s close.

If the objective is to lose arguably the best option in goal because you are trying to squeeze Sweeney and pretend to be a tough negotiator, go ahead. You’ll likely lose. There is the perfect opportunity for a trade between these two teams if both GM’s are smart

The Devils need a goalie and the options on the open market aren’t in Ullmark’s class. Saros isn’t likely available and even if he is, you are talking about a different price point. I read the posts above and it’s as if Ullmark doesn’t have the best Goals Saved Above Expected / 60 over the past two years in the league or a Vezina. Boston has had two quality goaltenders. The description of platoon goaltender seems to fit Jake Allen and Kaapo Kapanen more than Linus Ullmark.

The Bruins need to trade him to secure another top 6 forward option in free agency or they are depending on Lysell and Heinen instead of resigning DeBrusk if they sign Lindholm. The irony is that probably is the more prudent approach from a cap mgmt perspective if they believe in Lysell’s talent (he did have a very good year in Providence)

There is NO cap crunch with pending teams that could trade for him. Most of the league has salary cap room, but some have less than others.

I could definitely see Ullmark getting shipped off more more or less than a first. It really just depends on how negotiations go with the team in question.

Even if we don’t get the best return for Ully, we will at least be able to use that 5mil on an offensive player like Bert or Debrusk which is key. We can’t go for another playoff run with a goalie like Ully on the bench, he deserves to play a role on another team and we need offense.

I’d love to see Lysell have a good camp and make the team, could definitely pass on Heinen if we think either him or Merk will make the team.
21 mai à 9 h 50
must have cap space
People need to stop pretending that either side has superior leverage. My guess is if NJ made that offer and decided to play hardball that Ullmark gets traded to Detroit for Shai Buium and a 2024 2nd round pick, which frankly is probably my favorite probable package from a team needing a goalie.

Alex Holtz and a 2024 third is about even. If I were betting, I believe that would be closer to the NJD deal if it happens. If Ullmark is open to Ottawa with an extension, my belief is that’s where he is traded. It’s an open question, but Ottawa and Jersey both own top 10 picks and both have good young talent.

What happens when Detroit declines that offer and would rather hold onto Buium. Detroit has about $30M in money but has to get Seider and Raymond under contract. They also need to replace Gostisbehere and four forwards that played significant time for them this season. That money needs to be spent. If they wish to obtain Ullmark, they will need to ship off Ville Husso’s contract which has costs associated with it. It’s not that simple as send him to Detroit. You might think that package from Detroit is fair, but the cost to Detroit is greater because of the cost associated with finding a new place for Ville Husso. Not to mention, Detroit probably needs players on ELCs contributing now that Seider and Raymond are about to graduate to big boy contracts.
21 mai à 9 h 56
What happens when Detroit declines that offer and would rather hold onto Buium. Detroit has about $30M in money but has to get Seider and Raymond under contract. They also need to replace Gostisbehere and four forwards that played significant time for them this season. That money needs to be spent. If they wish to obtain Ullmark, they will need to ship off Ville Husso’s contract which has costs associated with it. It’s not that simple as send him to Detroit. You might think that package from Detroit is fair, but the cost to Detroit is greater because of the cost associated with finding a new place for Ville Husso. Not to mention, Detroit probably needs players on ELCs contributing now that Seider and Raymond are about to graduate to big boy contracts.

What happens when Ullmark is traded to another team and you are left trying to bid for Markstrom with Calgary knowing there isn’t another goaltender on the market that is good enough to lock in premium goaltending for your team?

Talk all you want, the risk of loss between you not getting Ullmark dwarfs us losing Clarke/2025 second.

I’m not going to pretend there is not some desire to trade Ullmark. The difference is I don’t believe that it’s going to be nearly that difficult. You are acting as if he’s a cap dump or the goalie situation around the league isn’t what it is.

Husso is on a one year contract and they have the cap room to deal with it for a year or maybe they could trade him to NJ where he’d be an upgrade.
21 mai à 10 h 4
Démarrer sujet
What happens when Ullmark is traded to another team and you are left trying to bid for Markstrom with Calgary knowing there isn’t another goaltender on the market that is good enough to lock in premium goaltending for your team?

Talk all you want, the risk of loss between you not getting Ullmark dwarfs us losing Clarke/2025 second.

I’m not going to pretend there is not some desire to trade Ullmark. The difference is I don’t believe that it’s going to be nearly that difficult. You are acting as if he’s a cap dump or the goalie situation around the league isn’t what it is.

Husso is on a one year contract and they have the cap room to deal with it for a year or maybe they could trade him to NJ where he’d be an upgrade.

I’ve seen some other trades involving Husso. Only way we could really make it work with shipping out Ully is getting Husso back at around 2mil for a backup position. Slight risk but if we’d get a good return on top of that, it could be potentially be better than what NJ wants to offer
21 mai à 10 h 8
I’ve seen some other trades involving Husso. Only way we could really make it work with shipping out Ully is getting Husso back at around 2mil for a backup position. Slight risk but if we’d get a good return on top of that, it could be potentially be better than what NJ wants to offer

The thing is NJ and Boston making a trade makes sense. I wouldn’t read too much into message board banter. The reality is none of us know what the teams are going to prioritize.

Even if Boston decides to wait and trade Ullmark at the trade deadline, it matters what you have in your roster before the playoffs. Things are rarely black and white.

There are plenty of deals with Jersey that make sense as long as both sides work together to get a deal done.
Trmaus12 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 10 h 23
Démarrer sujet
The thing is NJ and Boston making a trade makes sense. I wouldn’t read too much into message board banter. The reality is none of us know what the teams are going to prioritize.

Even if Boston decides to wait and trade Ullmark at the trade deadline, it matters what you have in your roster before the playoffs. Things are rarely black and white.

There are plenty of deals with Jersey that make sense as long as both sides work together to get a deal done.

Oh yea i definitely agree it makes more sense for us to facilitate a trade with NJ, it’s clear they want a goalie. They might not go for Ully, but we can accommodate a trade that allows us to bolster our offense, and them to bolster their goaltending
21 mai à 12 h 31
I like what you have here, only thing I’d add is even Ully hasn’t played a G1 starter role, he’s still been one of the better goalies in GSAx which you can overlook from a data standpoint and he’s got a 5mil cap hit.

I know NJ wanted Markstrom, and I think he’d be a good fit. Only question is the age, same with Ully too, although Markstrom is a bit older and has a higher cap hit at 6mil.

Markstrom has a finite contract. Once done the idea is one of the young guys is ready.

NEXT YR FOR INSTANCE
Markstrom 2yrs left and Allen 1 yr left

FOLLOWING YR
Markstrom UFA and Daws/Schmid/Poulter/Brennan/Malek

THIRD YEAR
Two of Daws/Schmid/Poulter/Brennan/Malek

Its the only reason I see Fitz so interested in Markstrom to begin with. Not a bad plan, but he's gonna need some solid D in front of him.
Saves us from moving Holtz, Our 10 OA this year, '25 1st
Trmaus12 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 12 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 2
I like the lines, I’m in the same boat, between Debrusk and Bertuzzi I’d go with Bert. Heinen deserves to be extended too. Sign me up.
Trmaus12 a aimé ceci.
21 mai à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Smitty426
Markstrom has a finite contract. Once done the idea is one of the young guys is ready.

NEXT YR FOR INSTANCE
Markstrom 2yrs left and Allen 1 yr left

FOLLOWING YR
Markstrom UFA and Daws/Schmid/Poulter/Brennan/Malek

THIRD YEAR
Two of Daws/Schmid/Poulter/Brennan/Malek

Its the only reason I see Fitz so interested in Markstrom to begin with. Not a bad plan, but he's gonna need some solid D in front of him.
Saves us from moving Holtz, Our 10 OA this year, '25 1st

Yea I personally like the idea of going with Markstrom if I’m NJ but I wonder what Calgary wants in return for him after a pretty good year
21 mai à 17 h 21
Yea I personally like the idea of going with Markstrom if I’m NJ but I wonder what Calgary wants in return for him after a pretty good year

It fell off after TDL. Some of that is the D was sold off, JM was hung out to dry, his GM F'd him over, etc. A 2nd round pick and call it a day. Work a deal for some retention and take what ya can. Holtz wasa a TDL piece, should not be any longer

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage