Forums/Armchair-GM

Packin with Lane and Macklin

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2024-25 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 27 avr. 2024
Publié: 27 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
We'll find out May 7th! I know the chances are slim, but it would be amazing to reunite Hutson & Celebrini in Montreal!

Notes:

1) Habs offer Lindholm a 1 year redemption contract with a promise to trade him like they did Monahan if out of playoff contention. Lindholm signs on because of the way Hughes built his reputation with Monahan & Petry.
2) Habs need to lose a forward or two and Evans probably has the most value of the guys on the block. This is the ideal offseason to trade him and his value has probably peaked.
3) Kovacevic is the odd man out on defense.
4) If the Habs are in playoff contention, they can hold their players. If our of contention, they trade Lindholm, Dvorak, Armia, and Savard at the TDL.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
17 875 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Celebrini, Macklin
3975 000 $
Transactions
MTL
CAR
  1. Evans, Jake
  2. Kovacevic, Johnathan
  3. Pezzetta, Michael
Détails additionnels:
Traded anywhere for market value. I chose Carolina because of their 10 UFAs...
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de MTL
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $78 267 083 $1 022 500 $4 670 000 $9 232 917 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 6
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Celebrini, Macklin
975 000 $975 000 $
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C, AD
UFA
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
890 000 $890 000 $
G
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 avr. à 9 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 793
Lindholm addition is interesting! Wondering if he doesn’t like the longer term deals being offered he could very much try something like this! Habs would be a good one to get a bunch of play time too! Win-Win for player and team I’d think (also Celebrini will be a sen so you may have to make adjustments in the top 6 lol 😉)
jonh514 et Voice_Of_Thruth a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 9 h 29
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
Quoting: Mike7856
Lindholm addition is interesting! Wondering if he doesn’t like the longer term deals being offered he could very much try something like this! Habs would be a good one to get a bunch of play time too! Win-Win for player and team I’d think (also Celebrini will be a sen so you may have to make adjustments in the top 6 lol 😉)

Of course!

Thanks for the positive feedback!
Mike7856 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 9 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,960
Yeah no way Lindholm goes for that. He's having a pretty strong playoffs and is still going to be the #1 center on the market this summer. Boston will be all over him and obviously they are far closer to winning a cup than Montreal. If he were to take a 1 year deal it would be with a team that has the best chances of raising his value or Boston, Carolina, NYI, Toronto, Dallas, etc. the only non-playoff team I could see him going to is Columbus because of the vacant center spot, Gaudreau connection, and cap space. And that will be on like a 50M+ deal
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 9 h 58
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Yeah no way Lindholm goes for that. He's having a pretty strong playoffs and is still going to be the #1 center on the market this summer. Boston will be all over him and obviously they are far closer to winning a cup than Montreal. If he were to take a 1 year deal it would be with a team that has the best chances of raising his value or Boston, Carolina, NYI, Toronto, Dallas, etc. the only non-playoff team I could see him going to is Columbus because of the vacant center spot, Gaudreau connection, and cap space. And that will be on like a 50M+ deal

Thanks for your response. You raised some interesting points and I want to respond with my personal perspective:

Lindholm is not having a strong playoffs from my perspective with 1 goal and 1 point in 3 games. I'll admit I have not watched the games, but he was brought in to provide secondary scoring and I think he's falling short in that regard.

You're right that he's one of the bigggest name forwards available to sign a deal, but you are wrong in assuming any team is gonna offer him a 7 year deal at big money after a 15 goal and 44 point season. He had a chance to rehab his image in Vancouver. He failed. If he wants to sign a big-money deal, he's going to have to go short term and have a comeback season next year, which I believe he can.

As to why he might accept to do it in Montreal. I would make the argument that Kent Hughes has established himself as the sort of GM who keeps his word. He promised Monahan he would give him ice time and trade him if the team was not in the playoffs to a contender and that's exactly what he did. Not all GMs would make a similar guarantee. I think being guaranteed power play time and a 2nd line role would be an incentive, and the Habs have shown a capacity to make those kinds of handshake deals.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, but I would be shocked if he got a 50M deal. The GM who offered that would go right on the hot seat.
Voice_Of_Thruth a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 10 h 34
OldSLIMEfan
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

Boston looks very slow this post season. Toronto should be winning this series if not for Swayman.
It is something crazy like 2-1 high danger chances for Toronto. Boston is only up because the Leafs PP is terrible!
The best thing for Boston would be to take a step back or two, trade a bunch of assets like Ulmark, other Lindholm, let Debrusk walk.
This team badly needs another retool like when they let Hamilton go for 3 picks from Calgary and got a bunch high picks that Summer.
Just this time maybe don't screw up the draft so spectacularly and the B's can still compete for a cup in 2-3 years with Swayman/McAvoy/Pasta primes.
Just a thought.
27 avr. à 11 h 43
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 993
Although it's unlikely, this team would be so set with Celebrini.

I don't think Lindholm would go for that, but that would be a great move for Montreal.

I don't think MTL necessarilly needs to lose a forward, Dvorak and/or Anderson can just go to Laval and maybe they will find their game again like Armia. Doesn't make sense to trade Evans either just for the sake of trading him, but I wonder about an Evans for Pageau swap. Similar players, but Islanders need the cap space right now and MTL doesn't so maybe they could get a good pick as compensation.

For me Harris is the odd man out, at least Kovacevic has size and can kill penalties, plus I'd rather have balanced LHD + RHD pairs. Hutson (5'10" LHD) knocks Harris (5'11" LHD) out instead of Kovacevic (6'5" RHD).
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 13 h 22
On the Rod Meal Plan
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 327
I don't think the Canes will have interest in Evans or Pezzeta, but I could see them trading a third for Kovacevic.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Shanesaw9
Although it's unlikely, this team would be so set with Celebrini.

I don't think Lindholm would go for that, but that would be a great move for Montreal.

I don't think MTL necessarilly needs to lose a forward, Dvorak and/or Anderson can just go to Laval and maybe they will find their game again like Armia. Doesn't make sense to trade Evans either just for the sake of trading him, but I wonder about an Evans for Pageau swap. Similar players, but Islanders need the cap space right now and MTL doesn't so maybe they could get a good pick as compensation.

For me Harris is the odd man out, at least Kovacevic has size and can kill penalties, plus I'd rather have balanced LHD + RHD pairs. Hutson (5'10" LHD) knocks Harris (5'11" LHD) out instead of Kovacevic (6'5" RHD).

Appreciate the response!

On Harris, I find he's a better overall player, but I am OK with trading him. IMO they will both be gone in 2 years.

On Lindholm... 44 points in a mostly healthy season. He's gonna have to take less money or term than most think.
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 14 h 14
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 993
Quoting: jonh514
Appreciate the response!

On Harris, I find he's a better overall player, but I am OK with trading him. IMO they will both be gone in 2 years.

On Lindholm... 44 points in a mostly healthy season. He's gonna have to take less money or term than most think.

Harris might be better overall (it's debatable) but if you believe that then I presume you think he should hold more trade value as well. If so I would say trade him instead, as I don't see how Harris fits in this lineup, he doesn't really compliment anyone - his two best D partners are Kovacevic and Struble, both of which aren't on your roster. Kovacevic at least plays good with Guhle or Xhekaj, and I bet he'd do well with Hutson too (he was also good with Struble or Harris).

I can still see a desperate GM giving Lindholm that money with term instead of just one year. This year is a pretty big outlier.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage