Forums/Armchair-GM

Not a CBJ Fan Just Curious

Créé par: ms39
Équipe: 2024-25 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 7 avr. 2024
Publié: 12 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Not a Columbus fan, but as an Islanders fan, having seen some dark times, I feel for the Jackets. They can't get out of their own way. As someone who doesn't watch CBJ often, I could be way off on some this.

My thinking with the moves is: This team needs real center depth. First way to get some is by moving on from Elvis in exchange for Kampf. I think Elvis would waive for a contender like Toronto, and he'd be reasonably affordable with retaining.

Also move on from Laine and retain to make his deal palatable for Vegas. Karlsson is good defensively, which CBJ needs.

The Seattle and Edmonton moves are like a three-team trade. I think Seattle would be happy to get Grubauer off their books, and he might not waive for Columbus, but I think he'd take the chance to be with McDavid and Draisatl in Edmonton, splitting time with Skinner. Again, retaining makes it possible for the cap-strapped contender. And maybe Campbell wouldn't waive, but I doubt he felt great spending a year in the AHL and seeing the Oilers soar without him. He may not be good, but he can't be much worse than Merzlikins this year. And Tarasov could be the 1A to his 1B.

The Brenden Dillon signing is the one big UFA splurge. They need a big body and defensive defenseman.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 450 000 $
22 950 000 $
31 650 000 $
11 100 000 $
32 250 000 $
21 400 000 $
2775 000 $
3775 000 $
1835 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
35 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Bean, Jake [Droits de RFA]
  2. Merzlikins, Elvis (2 700 000 $ retained)
CBJ
  1. Grubauer, Philipp
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SEA)
SEA
  1. Boqvist, Adam
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (CBJ)
VGK
  1. Laine, Patrik (4 350 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. Pederson, Lane
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Grubauer, Philipp (2 950 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SEA
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de EDM
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NYR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de PIT
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 675 000 $87 328 333 $0 $4 200 000 $346 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 200 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AD
RFA
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C
RFA
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
AG, C
RFA
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $
DG/DD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 avr. à 13 h 21
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,365
Modifié 12 avr. à 13 h 28
I like where you are going with the aggressiveness - I’ve long been upset at the number of times Jarmo did his “weaponize the cap,” schpiel, only to, well, not.

My hold up is the Kampf trade and the retention - I get the balance of cap with trading for him and retaining on Elvis, but doing that and then trading for Campbell feels redundant, and that’s before getting to also retaining on Grubauer (I.e. we just turned one $5.4M cap hit into three for a total of $10.6M). I’ve danced on this before, but I think an Elvis for Campbell 1-for-1 could work. The alternative is Elvis just gets bought out, which is a cap hit CBJ can take right now.

Laine does need to be moved, and as much as I feel he would kick ass in VGK, I don’t see CBJ being on Bill’s OK list for his NTC.

I actually think CBJ’s C depth is at the best it’s been in a long time. Fantilli-Sillinger-Voronkov-Kuraly is looking like it could be real, and that’s before CBJ likely end up with a Lindstrom or Cattan (or Celebrini?) after this draft.

As for Dillon? CBJ already have Guds as their obligatory “big-bodied D” signing. Voronkov is also built like semi-truck, and will learn to throw the body more as he gets experience. Mateychuk almost made the team out of camp this year, and he’ll likely slot in next season.
ms39, CBJ0521, squashmaple and 2 others a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 13 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: dopplsan
I like where you are going with the aggressiveness - I’ve long been upset at the number of times Jarmo did his “weaponize the cap,” schpiel, only to, well, not.

My hold up is the Kampf trade and the retention - I get the balance of cap with trading for him and retaining on Elvis, but doing that and then trading for Campbell feels redundant, and that’s before getting to also retaining on Grubauer (I.e. we just turned one $5.4M cap hit into three for a total of $10.6M). I’ve danced on this before, but I think an Elvis for Campbell 1-for-1 could work. The alternative is Elvis just gets bought out, which is a cap hit CBJ can take right now.

Laine does need to be moved, and as much as I feel he would kick ass in VGK, I don’t see CBJ being on Bill’s OK list for his NTC.

I actually think CBJ’s C depth is at the best it’s been in a long time. Fantilli-Sillinger-Voronkov-Kuraly is looking like it could be real, and that’s before CBJ likely end up with a Lindstrom or Cattan (or Celebrini?) after this draft.

As for Dillon? CBJ already have Guds as their obligatory “big-bodied D” signing. Voronkov is also built like semi-truck, and will learn to throw the body more as he gets experience. Mateychuk almost made the team out of camp this year, and he’ll likely slot in next season.

This is great insight from someone I can assume is a real and knowledgable Columbus fan! So, thank you for engaging sincerely.

As an Islanders fan, and real believer in Lou, I think you take a center over a winger by any means necessary. (We're playing our best hockey of the season right now with 6 centers! Our best line—Cizikas-Horvat-Barzal—is all centers!) I think being able to move Voronkov and Johnson (and maybe even Sillinger, too) to the wing would help their development. Plus, you can still get some shifts in at center. Then you've got Jenner as another fill-in center who plays wing, and Kuraly as center depth.
(Not a disagreement with your assessment here. I just think it helps a club to have as many centers as possible, and then figure out where to put ’em.)
squashmaple et dopplsan a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 14 h 10
not a he )
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,384
First of all, I think Dillon is a fantastic target for Columbus. It is likely they move Provorov either this summer or next TDL, and their top prospect outside the NHL right now is an LHD who will probably spend a year in Cleveland so that's perfect.

Now for the rest.

I don't think Kapmf is an upgrade on Kuraly, and the difference between them in cap hit is negligible. No reason so make that move, as it's more expensive to retain that much on Elvis than to simply buy him out. Columbus's cap management will be critical as the kids earn paydays, and that's 2.7 that could be put to better use. I'm also still of the opinion that it won't cost them anything to move him, even if that means getting nothing but Future Considerations in return.

I do not like the Laine trade. Unless he specifically requests a trade for a change of scenery, moving him now makes no sense from a human perspective or a business one. He's at the nadir of his value, and this trade costs Columbus significantly to move him, rather than either receiving nothing (if he retires or LTIRetires and insurance takes care of it) or actual assets if they hold him and he returns even partway to form. There's no pressure to move him. Also, no way Karlsson and his NTC agree to that-- Columbus is "been there, done that" for him and there's no reason to leave a comfortable spot with a perennial Cup contender for a bottom feeder with no hope of contending for at least three years.

I am not opposed at all to the Edmonton/Seattle business. In fact, I think that's a clever bit of maneuvering.

Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on one of the Islanders' fourth-liners, to be honest. Columbus could use some maturity and grit. The problem is having too many bodies as it is for roster spots, and the crunch only gets worse next year.
ms39, dopplsan et Viqsi a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 15 h 34
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,365
Quoting: ms39
This is great insight from someone I can assume is a real and knowledgable Columbus fan! So, thank you for engaging sincerely.

As an Islanders fan, and real believer in Lou, I think you take a center over a winger by any means necessary. (We're playing our best hockey of the season right now with 6 centers! Our best line—Cizikas-Horvat-Barzal—is all centers!) I think being able to move Voronkov and Johnson (and maybe even Sillinger, too) to the wing would help their development. Plus, you can still get some shifts in at center. Then you've got Jenner as another fill-in center who plays wing, and Kuraly as center depth.
(Not a disagreement with your assessment here. I just think it helps a club to have as many centers as possible, and then figure out where to put ’em.)

Of course, and much appreciate your dive into this. Silly and Voronkov have gotten some play at the wing, and yes - Boone is a Swiss-army knife who can play anywhere.

FWIW, KJ is likely a career winger. He’s got the playmaking chops to cut it at C, but his somewhat lanky-frame has made it difficult to keep at C. He’s had face off trouble, and the two-way responsibility down the middle has shown to be a lot for him.
ms39 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 15 h 47
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,766
Edmonton likely just buys out Campbell and re-signs Pickard. It's cheaper, saves spending the 1st, and gives them better goaltending.
12 avr. à 23 h 13
mostly harmless
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,222
Honestly, the only trade I like in this is the Laine trade, and I know others have flinched. Although that involves living in a world in which Wild Bill would happily come back here; I think he'd be a great returning guy, but I'm not sure it's actually doable, and am inclined to believe the Vegas center we should be going after is Stephenson. (Karlsson is, at least, more plausible than Marchessault, who's probably still pissed at us.) All the goalie shuffling, on the other hand, just adds a ton of noise, eats most of our retention slots (the last, of course, going for Karlsson), ends up costing us more cap, and doesn't gain us enough to be worth all that.

I also like the Dillon pickup, so there's that.
ms39 a aimé ceci.
14 avr. à 17 h 42
Indy
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Good Job! Dillon is on my short list too this summer as the "aging dman to hold the fort down" for 2-3 years while the kids cook in Cleveland! Alos Boqvist going to seattle is a PERFECT SPOT for him and it seems like our franchises really like to play nice with each other from an outsider's pov. I really think if Boqvist gets moved its to Seattle as its a perfect landing spot for him and what they need. I think someone is gonna take an Elvis contract as I look around the league how the Flyers, Jersey, ect failed to make the playoffs due to goalie issues and while their are many UFAs this summer Elvis is a potential "fast pass" goalie to beat the market because he has shown he can play well. Personally I would like to see him go to the Flyers because he did well under Torts and maybe a strong personality needs a stronger one to keep them in check!
ms39 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage