Realistic Off-Season Blueprint

Créé par: Ryminister_92
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 25 mars 2024
Publié: 25 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Overview:
Treliving and management come into the off-season with $23,955,333 in projected cap space to reshape the roster into a tougher to play against cup contender. Last summer, Treliving’s goal was to address the depth scoring and he did just that. This time around, all he’s talked about throughout the season has been addressing the defence core and making them “bigger, longer, and tougher to play against”. With not many valuable trade assets available, I think he addresses the defence through free agent signings this summer.

Offence:
It’s time to let the big 3 of Matthews, Marner, and Nylander run their own lines. While this is primarily a coaching decision, it’s up to management to provide the player’s necessary to do so.
Bringing in Glass is a bit of a project, but playing him with Nylander who can be the line driver and Knies who’s great at puck retrieving takes some pressure off Glass to provide a steady presence in the middle.

Defence:
Treliving has talked much about revamping the defence and I think he goes back to his old stomping grounds to do so. All 3 pairs offer a puck mover paired with a guy that that’s reliable defensively and plays physical.
Tanev will likely be Toronto’s #1 target in the off-season and I can see Treliving committing the extra year to him to convince him to sign if he’s available.
Zadorov is loved by Treliving and players reportedly say he is “exactly what the team needs”. Again I see more term being offered to convince him to sign.

Goalies:
The major concern is Woll’s durability and injury history. Because of this, I see a reliable backup that has some experience starting a stretch of game being a high target & Treliving has loved Vladar ever since before he traded for him in Calgary.

Taxi squad players are guys to be sent to the AHL but will be first options for call-ups when needed.
Top prospects Fraser Minten and Easton Cowan aren’t quite ready for full time NHL time yet, however I could see Cowan getting the 9 game tryout before being sent back to London if the OHL - Minten will likely start with the Marlies and be given time to properly develop.

Assuming Toronto loses out in a tough first or second round match up against either Florida or Boston, and perhaps Charlie Elick slides down the draft board a bit - I gotta figure he's high on their draft board list as a big 2 way defender with top pairing upside.

Coming into the 24/25 seasons I’d say the biggest area still needing to be addressed would be to add another penalty killer that can win faceoffs at a high rate, and maybe a middle 6 centre depending how Glass works out. The problem becomes the lack of trade assets available so I don’t see many trades being made in-season next year. Still project this to be a division playoff team that’s tougher to play against consistently.

Thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3787 500 $
3805 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 275 500 $
32 465 000 $
21 125 000 $
1805 000 $
2835 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
43 250 000 $
34 350 000 $
54 000 000 $
1800 000 $
1950 000 $
1775 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Tsyplakov, Maxim
1925 000 $
Quillan, Jacob
2892 500 $
Elick, Charlie
3925 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Glass, Cody
Détails additionnels:
With a slim market of quality centres available, the trade market looks like the way to go to address the need. Glass is seemingly the odd man out in the middle in Nashville but could still turn things around in a better suited system. He'd provide a good secondary scoring option for Toronto in the middle and has had 1 breakout season before so there's some skill there to hope for. As much as he has some size he doesn't really use it to be physical and needs to improve in the faceoff circle, but again he's young enough with time to improve.
NSH
  1. Robertson, Nicholas [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Definitely more of a "change of scenery" type deal for both sides. Robertson has finally remained healthy this season and started to show his offensively ability in a limited role with Toronto. However he's starting to get overpassed by other guys in the system and may need a new team to give him a higher role. His defensive game still needs some work, but he is young and can still round out that part of his game. He competes and brings a strong work ethic on the forecheck even with his lack of size. Preds should be in the market for a middle 6 offensive winger and if they don't want to spend big then Robertson is the perfect buy low candidate with almost no risk.
TOR
  1. Vladar, Daniel
Détails additionnels:
With a very slim goalie market via free agency, Treliving looks to his old stomping grounds for an answer. Vladar struggled this season before going down to a hip injury that ended his season - both of those would be factors as his price wouldn't be too high. Treliving has envisioned Vladar as a starting goalies since before he traded for him from Boston and he could be a good competition to push Woll and be a solid tandem. He's very athletic in net and moves well but needs to work on his consistency.
CGY
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Flames will be in a bit of a situation next season with potentially 3 goalies on the NHL roster. Dustin Wolf needs a longer look at the NHL level and Markstrom has a NMC so Vladar is the easier option to move. They may opt to keep him and move Markstrom, but I feel like if an offer is there for Vladar it's still worth it to move him after coming off hip surgery and they could sign a veteran free agent. In Abruzzese the Flames are getting a crafty offensive prospect who should see NHL time next season for them. Everyone is well aware that he played with Matt Coronato so it could be a natural fit to pair them together on a line and see if they can find their chemistry again.
TOR
  1. Poulin, Samuel [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
I'd guess that Poulin's time in Pittsburgh is coming to an end, may not even get a qualifying offer as he doesn't fit Dubas' style of play at all. He's not a transition style play, but rather a guy that will compete in the trenches and play a heavy style of game - which is the exact type of bottom 6 player to fit Trelviing's desired style.
PIT
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
Détails additionnels:
Jarnkrok unfortunately becomes a cap causality this summer. He's loved by the coaching staff as a versatile guy that can play up and down the lineup and at any forward position, as well as on both special teams. But due to other areas that need to be addressed he's likely a candidate to be moved. Dubas brought him to Toronto originally and Jarnkrok could still provide the Penguins with some depth scoring that they need as well as play a responsible 200ft game.
Ideally Toronto picks up a prospect here and not just picks and the Leafs will need call up options since they have limited trade assets.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 700 000 $87 410 167 $0 $0 $289 833 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Tsyplakov, Maxim
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Predators de Nashville
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
AG, C
RFA
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
DD
UFA
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA
2 465 000 $2 465 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 275 500 $1 275 500 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Elick, Charlie
925 000 $925 000 $
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
835 000 $835 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG
RFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA
800 000 $800 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA
800 000 $800 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
UFA

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Avantage numérique 2
Tsyplakov, M.
Infériorité numérique 1
Infériorité numérique 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 mars à 22 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,031
Quoting: Ryminister_92
……………

Dude. I’ve told you 3 times the answer to this and another user has told you the same thing. At this point if you can’t read or comprehend it then there’s no point in continuing this discussion.

Stop trolling.

In the end I will leave it with this as u dont seem to get it

On a Stanley Cup contending team

Zadorov is a 3rd pair Dman

Ask Colorado, ask Calgary, and now ask Vancouver

We have 0 need to be spending 4m on a 3rd pair LD

Thats all there is to it cant see it cant help yah. If you want a big LD so bad go extend Edmundson whose playing more than Zadorov rn and will cost way less
25 mars à 22 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 788
Quoting: aadoyle
In the end I will leave it with this as u dont seem to get it

On a Stanley Cup contending team

Zadorov is a 3rd pair Dman

Ask Colorado, ask Calgary, and now ask Vancouver

We have 0 need to be spending 4m on a 3rd pair LD

Thats all there is to it cant see it cant help yah. If you want a big LD so bad go extend Edmundson whose playing more than Zadorov rn and will cost way less

In the end you need to learn some hockey knowledge. Goodbye.
25 mars à 23 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,210
Well laid out plan, but not one I can agree with.
Zadorov - not what we need & too much $.
JT cannot (or should not) play 2C next year.
Have no idea who the guy is that you are showing on Matthew’s line - but if he’s decent and the Leafs can sign him , hard to imagine he can play 1W in the NHL.
Also makes no sense to put Willy ($11.5M game breaker) on 3rd line ?
Priority is 2C + 2xRHD to play with Reilly & McCabe / Benoit; the rest can be worked out pretty easily imo.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 23 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MitchJr
Well laid out plan, but not one I can agree with.
Zadorov - not what we need & too much $.
JT cannot (or should not) play 2C next year.
Have no idea who the guy is that you are showing on Matthew’s line - but if he’s decent and the Leafs can sign him , hard to imagine he can play 1W in the NHL.
Also makes no sense to put Willy ($11.5M game breaker) on 3rd line ?
Priority is 2C + 2xRHD to play with Reilly & McCabe / Benoit; the rest can be worked out pretty easily imo.

You may think Zadorov isn’t what’s needed but the GM and the players disagree with you. & a left handed d-man is needed as McCabe shouldn’t be playing as much as he has been and there’s not many on the roster that are signed beyond next season. It’s definitely something they’re looking at adding.

JT at 2C and Willy on the 3rd line is more of a middle 6 kinda thing. 3rd line would be sheltered and get more o-zone starts but the ice time would be similar between the 2 lines. Nylander would still get his ice time on PP1 so it wouldn’t be much different.
25 mars à 23 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,210
You may think Zadorov isn’t what’s needed but the GM and the players disagree with you. & a left handed d-man is needed as McCabe shouldn’t be playing as much as he has been and there’s not many on the roster that are signed beyond next season. It’s definitely something they’re looking at adding.

JT at 2C and Willy on the 3rd line is more of a middle 6 kinda thing. 3rd line would be sheltered and get more o-zone starts but the ice time would be similar between the 2 lines. Nylander would still get his ice time on PP1 so it wouldn’t be much different.

Heh, to each his own & go Leafs go but please don’t imply you know what the players or mgmt wants 🤣. Stay in your lane, we are all just fans after all not MLSE mgmt
aadoyle et hockeynutter a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 23 h 41
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 371
It all looks good except your draft pick.
26 mars à 0 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 549
I’d have to strongly disagree with that. If Poulin was part of their long term plans you’d think he’d have more than 3 career NHL games by now since he’s 23 already. He hasn’t shown any consistency or fit Sullivan’s system in the past so why is next season the difference? Not to mention that next season he’ll require to waivers to be sent down so you risk losing him for nothing.
As for Jarnkrok, maybe you should get to know the player. He’s a 15-20 goal scorer that’s highly responsible defensively and can skate well. He’s loved by coaches and trusted in every situation. He’s the exact type of guy that you bring in for depth scoring which has been Pittsburgh’s biggest flaw this season. & not to mention that Jarnkrok is on a great contract and has a history with Dubas.. not so sure they’d be telling anyone to go take a flying leap.

Maybe you should know the player and situation when regarding Poulin. See I can be a condescending prick too. Poulin last year had a mental health issue and this year the pens didn’t have the cap space or room to bring him up mid way through the season after he got some games in to get back up to game speed. Next year they are free of Carter’s terrible contract. Dubas has also said they are going to start relying on the nhl ready prospects and free up some cap while also getting younger. I’d be willing to bet that Smith gets traded in the offseason, and possibly 1-2 out of Rakell, Eller, and Acciari.
Not once did I say that Jarnkrok was a bad player. I said he was a bottom 6 player, which he is. And the pens aren’t trading a solid prospect for Jarnkrok. Swap out Poulin for Gruden then yeah fine, but Poulin is most likely making the club next year.
26 mars à 6 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hockeyfan1234
Maybe you should know the player and situation when regarding Poulin. See I can be a condescending prick too. Poulin last year had a mental health issue and this year the pens didn’t have the cap space or room to bring him up mid way through the season after he got some games in to get back up to game speed. Next year they are free of Carter’s terrible contract. Dubas has also said they are going to start relying on the nhl ready prospects and free up some cap while also getting younger. I’d be willing to bet that Smith gets traded in the offseason, and possibly 1-2 out of Rakell, Eller, and Acciari.
Not once did I say that Jarnkrok was a bad player. I said he was a bottom 6 player, which he is. And the pens aren’t trading a solid prospect for Jarnkrok. Swap out Poulin for Gruden then yeah fine, but Poulin is most likely making the club next year.

Didn’t have the cap space? They signed Puljujarvi to a contract and played him before Poulin. They also acquired prospects in the Guentzel deal are are playing them before Poulin. He’s 23 and a former 1st round pick, at some point you move on. Seems like the time is the summer
26 mars à 6 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MitchJr
Heh, to each his own & go Leafs go but please don’t imply you know what the players or mgmt wants 🤣. Stay in your lane, we are all just fans after all not MLSE mgmt

Well for one I do know someone that works for the Leafs and I’m friends with Brodie. I grew up with him and still keep in touch. I also somewhat know Marner too as my aunt and uncle were his billets in London and I keep in touch every now and then with him just not too frequently. So I know a bit of what the players would like. Not saying this is 100% it, but I do know a bit.

There was also reports out backing what I said about Zadorov. It’s been well talked about how much Treliving likes Zadorov and there was some report out a few months ago stating that one of the players on the team said Zadorov is “exactly what this team needs”. Now I’m not sure who said it, but again there are reports out there backing up everything I said. So it doesn’t matter if you know people for MLSE or not, there’s still info out there
26 mars à 6 h 55
Didn’t have the cap space? They signed Puljujarvi to a contract and played him before Poulin. They also acquired prospects in the Guentzel deal are are playing them before Poulin. He’s 23 and a former 1st round pick, at some point you move on. Seems like the time is the summer

Puljujarvi was a low risk move of an established nhl player, not a prospect and that was after Nieto got injured for the season. And none of the prospects in the Guentzel deal have played a game with the pens so you couldn’t be more wrong on that. Heck only 1 has played Ahl games with the pens organization and he’s only played 4 games, played on a line under Poulin, and is now probably going to miss close to the rest of the season. The pens have spent all season with at most 22 players because they have no cap space. They aren’t going to bring up Poulin to be an extra forward or be in and out of the lineup like Puljujarvi, Gruden, etc are. Same with Pono if he was healthy. The only way the pens even think about moving on from Poulin is if they land Celebrini and Yager makes the team next year too. And with that they’d recoup a pick or a prospect swap who may be younger and waiver exempt as opposed to a guy making over 2 million that probably plays 4th line
26 mars à 9 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Puljujarvi was a low risk move of an established nhl player, not a prospect and that was after Nieto got injured for the season. And none of the prospects in the Guentzel deal have played a game with the pens so you couldn’t be more wrong on that. Heck only 1 has played Ahl games with the pens organization and he’s only played 4 games, played on a line under Poulin, and is now probably going to miss close to the rest of the season. The pens have spent all season with at most 22 players because they have no cap space. They aren’t going to bring up Poulin to be an extra forward or be in and out of the lineup like Puljujarvi, Gruden, etc are. Same with Pono if he was healthy. The only way the pens even think about moving on from Poulin is if they land Celebrini and Yager makes the team next year too. And with that they’d recoup a pick or a prospect swap who may be younger and waiver exempt as opposed to a guy making over 2 million that probably plays 4th line

If Pittsburgh really saw as much in Poulin as you’re saying then he’d have played more games before he was 23. That’s generally the territory where you wanna know what you have in a guy especially when he’s a 1st round pick of yours.
They have guys like Puljujarvi, Benstrom, and Puustinen that could all be sent down and give Poulin a shot right now.
I’m not saying he’s a for sure guy to be traded, but I don’t think Pens new management is as high as you think they are on Poulin.
Agree to disagree at this point.
26 mars à 12 h 11
If Pittsburgh really saw as much in Poulin as you’re saying then he’d have played more games before he was 23. That’s generally the territory where you wanna know what you have in a guy especially when he’s a 1st round pick of yours.
They have guys like Puljujarvi, Benstrom, and Puustinen that could all be sent down and give Poulin a shot right now.
I’m not saying he’s a for sure guy to be traded, but I don’t think Pens new management is as high as you think they are on Poulin.
Agree to disagree at this point.

Again learn about the player before making an ignorant statement. The reason he hasn’t played more games is because he literally missed almost all of last season because after 3 games from being sent up here, he had to go deal with a mental health issue and took a leave of absence. He is now getting himself back to game speed this year and guess what? He literally just got called up. 2nd, no Puustinen can’t be sent down because Puustinen is a regular part of the lineup and doing well himself. Puljujarvi and Bemstrom are literally in and out of the lineup…so again he isn’t going to come up and be a healthy scratch or be in and out of the line up. They’ve got guys like Puljujarvi, Bemstrom, Harkins (when healthy), Gruden, etc that can do that. He’s either going to be up here to play or he will play in WBS because they are playing for the playoffs down there. 3rd Poulin just got called up…so congratulations, you played yourself. 4th that nonsense about having to play more games by 23 or you’re basically a bust to the organization is just that…nonsense. Puustinen didn’t get significant time with the team til this year after turning 24. Now he’s been playing in the top 9 ( mostly on Geno’s line). So to sum it up, if the team moves on from him in the summer, it’s for a similar prospect as a prospect swap, or to recoup a pick.
26 mars à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Again learn about the player before making an ignorant statement. The reason he hasn’t played more games is because he literally missed almost all of last season because after 3 games from being sent up here, he had to go deal with a mental health issue and took a leave of absence. He is now getting himself back to game speed this year and guess what? He literally just got called up. 2nd, no Puustinen can’t be sent down because Puustinen is a regular part of the lineup and doing well himself. Puljujarvi and Bemstrom are literally in and out of the lineup…so again he isn’t going to come up and be a healthy scratch or be in and out of the line up. They’ve got guys like Puljujarvi, Bemstrom, Harkins (when healthy), Gruden, etc that can do that. He’s either going to be up here to play or he will play in WBS because they are playing for the playoffs down there. 3rd Poulin just got called up…so congratulations, you played yourself. 4th that nonsense about having to play more games by 23 or you’re basically a bust to the organization is just that…nonsense. Puustinen didn’t get significant time with the team til this year after turning 24. Now he’s been playing in the top 9 ( mostly on Geno’s line). So to sum it up, if the team moves on from him in the summer, it’s for a similar prospect as a prospect swap, or to recoup a pick.

Lol ok bud.
1 avr. à 13 h 24
Avid Sports Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 261
Zadorov to me is too high for what he actually gives. All teams including Vancouver view him as a third pairing. Yes Zadorov himself thinks he can play higher but has yet to prove it. Both McCabe and Benoit can help those spots. Tanev I like but he is better as second pairing. Other than that I overall like the group. Jarnkrok is worth more to us I think than the trade. I hate trading Robertson but if we could get glass then I am very well intrigued by the idea.

He trade for vladar is good but I feel we may be able to do better with some goalies as a ufa for a little cheaper. But if we can't, and vladar if available, then yes I agree with the trade.
Another move I thought of as extra if a similar idea to this year. We resign Murray to a bare minimum deal, and place him waivers similar to Jones. This adds us depth and a high potential goalie for low risk of one falters. If Murray can't, he stays in minors. For him a 1 year deal gives him a chance to prove himself that he is healthy whether in AHL or NHL or both.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage