SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

27 avr. à 14 h 51
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,243
Quoting: RipNasty
Waiting another game for Sammy to be bad, puts Woll in the worst position possible. Giving him or anyone else zero room for error is just dumb.

Whether we like it or not, you need to tighten up and allow less goals against in the playoffs.

The whole argument of "what if Woll ****s the bed?" Is poor. What if Sammy ****s the bed? We now have 20 games of Sammy's playoff career and what we can safely assume at this point is he's going to be mediocre. What if Woll is what he was in the playoffs last year, or before he got hurt? Both of those two things are better than Sammy.

I mean if Woll craps the bed after coming in were completely screwed lol. But I see your point, I’m not necessarily disagreeing with the idea of playing Woll. I’m just don’t think Sammy has been as bad as you say, nor has he been the biggest problem with this team.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 14 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,121
Quoting: Saskleaf
I mean if Woll craps the bed after coming in were completely screwed lol. But I see your point, I’m not necessarily disagreeing with the idea of playing Woll. I’m just don’t think Sammy has been as bad as you say, nor has he been the biggest problem with this team.

Honestly its almost ironic the biggest issue of Toronto is the fact despite having so much money tied into forwards they have trouble scoring

Like if your the new CEO of MLSE your going to Shanahan and going so um WTF we doing lul

And here's the fun part we cant move any of them they all got NMC so for those who want significant change the odds of that are down

Like sure if we lose Keefe's gone, some of the assistants are gone, etc but its not enough
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 15 h 38
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
Hmm. The manually tracked stats are starting to come in. Some of you may remember that for a few years now ive been on about how we are a cycle based team that is mostly unable to transition to a rush based team when we need to. A skill that the Tampa teams of the past were very good at.

Its happening again
27 avr. à 15 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 27 avr. à 16 h 5
Quoting: Random2152
Hmm. The manually tracked stats are starting to come in. Some of you may remember that for a few years now ive been on about how we are a cycle based team that is mostly unable to transition to a rush based team when we need to. A skill that the Tampa teams of the past were very good at.

Its happening again

MLSE CEO Keith Pelley see's 4 forwards making almost 50m

See's they combine for 5 points and 2 goals in 3 games

Finds out their issue is scoring goals and the PP

Sees each has a NMC and so turns to Shanahan and the boyz and goes well we cant trade em and I have to set an example GTFO

Goes to Brad 0 extensions for anyone pending until I see results

And then we start the Pridham era

Now maybe they just let Shanahan stay as his deals up 2025 but yea I think were seeing a management shakeup to where President, Coach, and some assistants be gone
27 avr. à 17 h 43
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,158
Quoting: Saskleaf

If Woll isn't good enough we are in the same position as we are now. Having to outscore your problems because you will have too many goals against.

It's not that Sammy has been terrible but he's been not very good. 3.05 GAA and sub 900 save percentage isn't good enough.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 17 h 58
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
Honestly its almost ironic the biggest issue of Toronto is the fact despite having so much money tied into forwards they have trouble scoring

Like if your the new CEO of MLSE your going to Shanahan and going so um WTF we doing lul

And here's the fun part we cant move any of them they all got NMC so for those who want significant change the odds of that are down

Like sure if we lose Keefe's gone, some of the assistants are gone, etc but its not enough

How do you know? A new coach could have a massive affect on the scoring. A total change of philosophy could bring huge dividends. Keefe certainly made a major impact on the team vs Babcock.

You obviously have entered into blow up the core at any expect crowd eh?
27 avr. à 17 h 59
Rip
Quoting: Random2152

Its happening again

That's the coaches philosophy. And trying to be a cycle team is a good idea but it can't be your only form of offence. This is why Keefe needs to go.
27 avr. à 18 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 27 avr. à 18 h 8
How do you know? A new coach could have a massive affect on the scoring. A total change of philosophy could bring huge dividends. Keefe certainly made a major impact on the team vs Babcock.

You obviously have entered into blow up the core at any expect crowd eh?

Leafs fired Mike Babcock and not much changed

Leafs have gone through many assistant coaches and not much changed

Heck last year we fired our GM.

Leafs since the Matthews era has started have seen change from GM down to assistant coach and whats the result a single series round since 2017

We have seen them build around these 4 guys forever and its not worked. When is it time we go 2+2 does not = 5 lul as Dangle always puts it

TOR has 46.5m in these 4 forwards and the results in the playoffs have not been good enough to justify it. We can blame the posts, stats, and everything else under the sun but the fact of the matter is they have also not been good enough and the fact were having trouble scoring these last 2 playoffs is just embarrassing.

Oh the other team's goalie's good lets add him to the list of teams who goalied us.

In the end the number of excuses for these guys diminishes by the game. 8 years and a round to show for it. 2024-2025 offseason is gonna be very very interesting if they lose R1, Brad's got decisions.
27 avr. à 18 h 7
Rip
MLSE CEO Keith Pelley see's 4 forwards making almost 50m

See's they combine for 5 points and 2 goals in 3 games

Finds out their issue is scoring goals and the PP

Sees each has a NMC and so turns to Shanahan and the boyz and goes well we cant trade em and I have to set an example GTFO

Goes to Brad 0 extensions for anyone pending until I see results

And then we start the Pridham era

Now maybe they just let Shanahan stay as his deals up 2025 but yea I think were seeing a management shakeup to where President, Coach, and some assistants be gone

That's such a disingenuous statement right off the bat. New guys sees 4 guys combine for that in 3 games eh? Let's ignore everyone else on the team and also ignore the fact one of those 4 has played exactly none of those 3 games. This is why I challenge your statements so much. Are you being dishonest to yourself as well? This is just self rationalization at its most blatant.

The new CEO is going to be a bean counter like the rest of them. Profits for shareholders is the main thing. Changes will come if they lose in round 1.

Keefe will be fired first, when Treliving messes everything up in the 2 seasons after, Shanahan and him will get canned. Dark times are likely ahead.
27 avr. à 18 h 9
Rip

Leafs since the Matthews era has started have seen change from GM down to assistant coach and whats the result a single series round since 2017

We have seen them build around these 4 guys forever and its not worked. When is it time we go 2+2 does not = 5 lul as Dangle always puts it

Lots changed when Babcock was fired. They went from being a north south rush team to a cycle and possession team under Keefe. Saying not much changed just makes you sound like you can't see anything beyond the score.
27 avr. à 18 h 11
Rip

Heck last year we fired our GM.

TOR has 46.5m in these 4 forwards and the results in the playoffs have not been good enough to justify it. We can blame the posts, stats, and everything else under the sun but the fact of the matter is they have also not been good enough and the fact were having trouble scoring these last 2 playoffs is just embarrassing.

Oh the other team's goalie's good lets add him to the list of teams who goalied us.

In the end the number of excuses for these guys diminishes by the game. 8 years and a round to show for it. 2024-2025 offseason is gonna be very very interesting if they lose R1, Brad's got decisions.

The same thing every time with you eh. The core makes blah blah blah. One of which will get a massive paycut after next season but once again, let's ignore that to make your statement seem slightly more reasonable.
27 avr. à 18 h 12
Hakuna Matata
That's such a disingenuous statement right off the bat. New guys sees 4 guys combine for that in 3 games eh? Let's ignore everyone else on the team and also ignore the fact one of those 4 has played exactly none of those 3 games. This is why I challenge your statements so much. Are you being dishonest to yourself as well? This is just self rationalization at its most blatant.

The new CEO is going to be a bean counter like the rest of them. Profits for shareholders is the main thing. Changes will come if they lose in round 1.

Keefe will be fired first, when Treliving messes everything up in the 2 seasons after, Shanahan and him will get canned. Dark times are likely ahead.

How many times have the leafs built around the big 4 and it has not worked

We have seen them sign or trade for every kind of player under the sun to play around these guys and it has not worked

When a team is putting the majority of its cap into 4 players more so than any other team what you think is gonna happen. They will not have enough to bring in good depth or build up other area's and so have to go bargain bin hunting

Again 2+2 does not = 5
27 avr. à 18 h 14
Hakuna Matata
The same thing every time with you eh. The core makes blah blah blah. One of which will get a massive paycut after next season but once again, let's ignore that to make your statement seem slightly more reasonable.

Can think what you want but the fact of the matter is with so much money tied into 4 players it leaves this team unable to address other area's of need which apparently now includes scoring more than 2 goals in playoffs lul
27 avr. à 18 h 14
Rip
How many times have the leafs built around the big 4 and it has not worked

We have seen them sign or trade for every kind of player under the sun to play around these guys and it has not worked

When a team is putting the majority of its cap into 4 players more so than any other team what you think is gonna happen. They will not have enough to bring in good depth or build up other area's and so have to go bargain bin hunting

Again 2+2 does not = 5

How many times has every team built a team around their elite players? Every team, every time. Using a super fan as your expert is definitely par for the course. Dangle is fun but he's just a fan and YouTuber. He's not a hockey player.
27 avr. à 18 h 16
Rip
Can think what you want but the fact of the matter is with so much money tied into 4 players it leaves this team unable to address other area's of need which apparently now includes scoring more than 2 goals in playoffs lul

Florida has a large portion of their cap tied to their core. Tampa, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton. Loads of contenders have loads of cap tied to elite cores. This isn't new and it's not unique. Correlation does not equal causation.
27 avr. à 20 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Nylander back

0/2 PP

1/13 so far
27 avr. à 20 h 44
Hakuna Matata
U just had to take Dewar out and not Reaves huh Keefe

Like what has Reaves dont to stay, big hits sure but no fights or anything to go yea you do ****.
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 20 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,196
U just had to take Dewar out and not Reaves huh Keefe

And of course JVR scores lul

Yea Reaves has to get the scratch after that one. Dewar should have stayed in, instead of Reaves.
27 avr. à 20 h 46
Sadness
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Sammy AAAAAAAAAAA

WOLL IN NET NOW THAT WAS HORRIBLE
27 avr. à 20 h 46
Sadness
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Quoting: CameronSquires
Sammy AAAAAAAAAAA

WOLL IN NET NOW THAT WAS HORRIBLE

Reaves giveaway was bad but what was Sammy doing
27 avr. à 20 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Yea Reaves has to get the scratch after that one. Dewar should have stayed in, instead of Reaves.

Heck would have went 11-7 then keep Reaves in
27 avr. à 20 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,196
Heck would have went 11-7 then keep Reaves in

We need more offense. If this continues and we lose I would do:

Dewar in - Reaves Out

I would put Lily and Timmins in and take Edmonson and Benoit out for next game.

We can't keep getting 2 goals or less a game.
27 avr. à 20 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
We need more offense. If this continues and we lose I would do:

Dewar in - Reaves Out

I would put Lily and Timmins in and take Edmonson and Benoit out for next game.

We can't keep getting 2 goals or less a game.

Agreed need Reaves out game 5 no matter what

But Timmins hell nah lul

BOS will eat him alive

Big boyz need to wake up no more excuses. 2 goals between the 4 of them (now including Willy) and now 1/13 on the PP is inexcusable why we paying them almost 50m combined if these are the results were getting

Keith Pelley is gonna have a field day in his first year as CEO thats for sure.
TMLBRIAN a aimé ceci.
27 avr. à 21 h 4
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
27 avr. à 21 h 9
Hakuna Matata
I honestly did not think there would be a PP coach worse than Manny Malhotra

Well um this series has found a contender who has so far steamrolled him for the title of worst PP coach

Like I would rather have Malhotra rn

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage