Forums/Armchair-GM

Tankathon simulation and offseason Part 1

Créé par: Rob32sjsharks
Équipe: 2024-25 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 17 mars 2024
Publié: 22 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let me start by saying there has been a lot of hate towards Grier lately. and truth is every deal he’s made has the bigger picture in mind and most are beneficial.
Addison and Kunin aren’t panning out, but the Karlsson trade is very positive with Granlund and that higher 1st plus a decent Rutta and after next year huge cap savings, Burns was done our of respect to get him to a team after the Cup, Meier deal has given us his replacement who might be every big as good plus Zetterlund who is solid and an offensive top 4 D and we still Have 1 more pick to take! Hertl would have been 35+ by the time we are in cup contention window and at top dollar wasn’t a promising investment so gettting out from that deal was probably smart though it hurts, add in pieces like Embersom, Thrun, Benning and Burroughs, Carpenter and Bailey, the Duclair trade (both actually) and honestly The future of the sharks is closer and looking stronger because of these deals
Now onto my description:
Below I ran a Tankathon simulated draft (yes 1 I didn’t do 8 to get my goal draft)
1st OA Macklin Celebrini LHC
12th OA Carter Yakemchuk RD
33rd OA Jesse Pulkkinen LD
42nd Dean Letourneau RHC
(I would also add Hugo Havelid G with a late draft pick)

This draft would be ideal IMO. The best prospect in the draft who could start right away with the sharks or spend another year developing, A large offensive two way RD with upside to be a future Brent Burns posibly, a solid LD with size and good upside and a very large but raw RHC with potential. After Celebrini every prospect available has some risk so I went after the pieces with higher ceilings and better physical tools to work with! Can’t teach size or speed!

Prospect wise sharks could still use a top line RW, a top line offensive D, and a future goalie.

In FA sharks need a top 6 F and a Top 4 RD to stabilize this group and provide solid play and Mentorship till prospects are ready to take over ideally both contracts are no more than 3-5 years in length.
I could easily see the sharks sign a few forwards to 1-2 year deals and opt to let Musty, Celebrini & Smith develop for 1 more year, or let them jump into the NHL right away. for now I’m assuming they opt to start their NHL time and develop with the big club.

This team Isn’t ready to spend a lot of money and compete just yet, they need to let these young players develop and mature first but they will be fun to watch at the very least.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2797 000 $
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1850 000 $
1775 000 $
21 450 000 $
21 450 000 $
21 850 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 000 000 $
1850 000 $
1850 000 $
1775 000 $
55 650 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Celebrini, Macklin
3950 000 $
Yakemchuk, Carter
3950 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de TBL
Logo de VGK
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de VGK
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de WPG
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 625 000 $65 015 000 $0 $1 250 000 $22 610 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
Celebrini, Macklin
950 000 $950 000 $
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
C, AG
RFA
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
5 650 000 $5 650 000 $
DD
UFA
2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DG
RFA
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AD
UFA
Équipe de réserve
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 mars à 5 h 58
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,130
Meier trade is looking good, Musty looks to be a good player. Next pick is likely a second but that's fine, should be early half of the second round. Would be nice to see Muk become a NHL defenseman. I like Zetterlund as a player, underrated pick up in my opinion.
I didn't like how he traded down in 2022. Bystedt seems to be a high profile prospect, I'm not sold on him but I also haven't seen him play at all. Just seemed to be that they have a long rebuild ahead and there would be lots of time to accrue picks. Also not a big fan of the players picked with the second rounders but again I know very little about them. How good would McGroarty have looked beside Will Smith in the future?
Karlsson trade is a huge win considering the circumstances. Some really good players in the top 15 of this draft. Even if it were to slide to next year, probably a similar outcome.
Namestnikov trades are wins.
Duclair trades are wins. Thompson I think can be a decent player in the future.
Kahkonen trade left something to be desired. Basically turned him into Vanecek and Cooley.
Hertl deal is great for the reasons you listed above.
I like that you bought out Vlasic, now is a good time. Could use that cap to acquire some players from teams looking for cap space to gain more assets. I could see the Sharks having interest in players with lower salary than cap hit like Schmidt, Oshie, Faksab among others.
Future looks good, just going to be awhile before it gets there.
Rob32sjsharks a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 7 h 54
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,656
Grier is getting a lot of hate for cleaning up the mess left by Wilson, I don't think people understand the fact that he got left holding a grenade in a game of hot potato, the fact he was able to move Hertl and Karlsson at all was surprising.
22 mars à 8 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,564
Dealing with the same $hit in CHI. Anyone who doesn't understand the rebuild plan and is being super critical and impatient is probably just a meat head that loves the sound of their own voice, so to speak. And honestly, screw those people. Grier is doing things the right way, and it seems like he is doing it all while being handcuffed by SJS ownership, which is even more commendable.
22 mars à 8 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,518
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Grier is getting a lot of hate for cleaning up the mess left by Wilson, I don't think people understand the fact that he got left holding a grenade in a game of hot potato, the fact he was able to move Hertl and Karlsson at all was surprising.

Wilson's work is underrated as some of the worst work ever

All these extensions into late 30s and the Karlsson trade.

Should get alot more hate (although we all have tried to tell sharks fans for years)
22 mars à 9 h 23
sharcuda22
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 551
Quoting: Lancebmx
Meier trade is looking good, Musty looks to be a good player. Next pick is likely a second but that's fine, should be early half of the second round. Would be nice to see Muk become a NHL defenseman. I like Zetterlund as a player, underrated pick up in my opinion.
I didn't like how he traded down in 2022. Bystedt seems to be a high profile prospect, I'm not sold on him but I also haven't seen him play at all. Just seemed to be that they have a long rebuild ahead and there would be lots of time to accrue picks. Also not a big fan of the players picked with the second rounders but again I know very little about them. How good would McGroarty have looked beside Will Smith in the future?
Karlsson trade is a huge win considering the circumstances. Some really good players in the top 15 of this draft. Even if it were to slide to next year, probably a similar outcome.
Kahkonen trade left something to be desired. Basically turned him into Vanecek and Cooley.
I like that you bought out Vlasic, now is a good time. Could use that cap to acquire some players from teams looking for cap space to gain more assets. I could see the Sharks having interest in players with lower salary than cap hit like Schmidt, Oshie, Faksab among others.

Bystedt was a steal while Lund and Havelid look to be alright. I agree that Grier sometimes could do better on the trade block, but in general id give him a B for the rebuild so far. I really dont think we need to buy out vlasic as this team likely isnt even at the cap floor right now
22 mars à 10 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,355
After this draft, San Jose will have a top-3 prospect pool (if not #1). I think Grier has done very well.
Rob32sjsharks et sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,658
Quoting: Lancebmx

The trade back in 22 only happened because the two D the team was targeting got picked and Sharks had like the 24th ranked prospect pool and needed pieces, still to this day think we should have drafted Lambert and then Bystedt in the 2nd where most draft analysts had him.
That said Bystedt will never be a top 6 C but he has a real shot at being a Sturm like depth C for us and Lund has been making improvements and was a PPG guy in college this year, Havelid is very small D but has some good offensive skill and those 3 all likley see at least a little NHL action!

But yes your comments are very accurate and when you take emotion and Fandom away the deals Grier have made make a lot of sense in the long run.
22 mars à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

And yes Wilson left a disaster one of the worst and weakest prospect pools maxed out cap situation with aging players and no real assets to make this a fast turnaround/ retool like they said they wanted to do.

Karlsson having a 100pt season and playing all 82 was such a blessing to be able to move him without retaining 1/2 his deal! Hertl had value and sad to see him go but Grier is right that it needed to be done.
sharcuda22 et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 11 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Garak
Dealing with the same $hit in CHI. Anyone who doesn't understand the rebuild plan and is being super critical and impatient is probably just a meat head that loves the sound of their own voice, so to speak. And honestly, screw those people. Grier is doing things the right way, and it seems like he is doing it all while being handcuffed by SJS ownership, which is even more commendable.

Ownership didn’t want a full rebuild because they feared the loss of fans, but they are doing it anyways finally!
To be honest our ownership is very hands off and he lets these guys do their jobs.
Garak a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 11 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Wilson's work is underrated as some of the worst work ever

All these extensions into late 30s and the Karlsson trade.

Should get alot more hate (although we all have tried to tell sharks fans for years)

Wilson gave us 15 years of teams that were cup contenders (just never got us over the hump!) and I get he was trying to go for 1 more run but at some point the bill is due and that’s what we are dealing with. I don’t hate Wilson for his work and what he did because at some point this was inevitable. But he did set a bomb us before he left the house!
sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 11 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: sharcuda22
Bystedt was a steal while Lund and Havelid look to be alright. I agree that Grier sometimes could do better on the trade block, but in general id give him a B for the rebuild so far. I really dont think we need to buy out vlasic as this team likely isnt even at the cap floor right now

Bystedt is a good prospect with an NHL ceiling but still think we could have had him with our 1st 2nd and gotten Lambert as well! But I don’t hate that draft.
sharcuda22 a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 11 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,564
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Ownership didn’t want a full rebuild because they feared the loss of fans, but they are doing it anyways finally!
To be honest our ownership is very hands off and he lets these guys do their jobs.

Yeah... I think they have their front office on a shorter leash than most would think. They exude a feeling of being hands off, while also breathing down Grier's neck. Maybe that has let up a bit, though. Things seemed a lot more contentious earlier on in his tenure as GM.
22 mars à 11 h 16
Wilson gave us 15 years of teams that were cup contenders (just never got us over the hump!) and I get he was trying to go for 1 more run but at some point the bill is due and that’s what we are dealing with. I don’t hate Wilson for his work and what he did because at some point this was inevitable. But he did set a bomb us before he left the house!

The Karlsson trade and extension is the worst. Could have retooled with those assets and cap space alone.
22 mars à 11 h 16
sharcuda22
Bystedt is a good prospect with an NHL ceiling but still think we could have had him with our 1st 2nd and gotten Lambert as well! But I don’t hate that draft.

That is a very good criticism and I agree, walking away with Lambert Bystedt Havelid is far better
22 mars à 11 h 18
sharcuda22
The Karlsson trade and extension is the worst. Could have retooled with those assets and cap space alone.

I mean if he doesnt get hurt in the 2019 cup run we likely go to the SCF again so I dont even mind that trade even though it hardly worked out. IMO the only huge error he made was resigning Kane over Pavs everything else just seems like the cost of doing business.
22 mars à 11 h 21
I mean if he doesnt get hurt in the 2019 cup run we likely go to the SCF again so I dont even mind that trade even though it hardly worked out. IMO the only huge error he made was resigning Kane over Pavs everything else just seems like the cost of doing business.

The Karlsson trade cost you Norris, stutzle and so many assets and you could argue they don't have to trade hertl and/or meier and/or could instead have dumped vlasic or couture. All time bad
22 mars à 15 h 1
sharcuda22
The Karlsson trade cost you Norris, stutzle and so many assets and you could argue they don't have to trade hertl and/or meier and/or could instead have dumped vlasic or couture. All time bad

Sure but we also went from being a WCF to horrible so we couldn’t have predicted that. With retrospect it was a terrible trade but at the time not out of place.
22 mars à 15 h 7
Sure but we also went from being a WCF to horrible so we couldn’t have predicted that. With retrospect it was a terrible trade but at the time not out of place.

Giving a 30 year old 92 million dollars to age 38 with his injury history didn't seem out of place?

After paying couture, burns, vlasic and others into their late 30s as well?
22 mars à 15 h 13
sharcuda22
Giving a 30 year old 92 million dollars to age 38 with his injury history didn't seem out of place?

After paying couture, burns, vlasic and others into their late 30s as well?

Those were core players, like I was saying, that was the cost of keeping everyone around otherwise we would have been in the middle ground for a retool. Everyone knew we were just putting off being bad by a few years, no one would have guessed that vlasic would just fall off a cliff and EK9 would blow up the locker room combined with Karlssons drop off due to injury. The Norris contract also is looking worse and worse by the day. It was a mistake but id take 16 years of playoffs for 6 years of being uncompetitive any day, rebuild could have taken even less time if we had continued to try to compete when Wilson was on injury leave
22 mars à 15 h 28
Those were core players, like I was saying, that was the cost of keeping everyone around otherwise we would have been in the middle ground for a retool. Everyone knew we were just putting off being bad by a few years, no one would have guessed that vlasic would just fall off a cliff and EK9 would blow up the locker room combined with Karlssons drop off due to injury. The Norris contract also is looking worse and worse by the day. It was a mistake but id take 16 years of playoffs for 6 years of being uncompetitive any day, rebuild could have taken even less time if we had continued to try to compete when Wilson was on injury leave

It's already year 5 of no playoffs, it's gonna be longer.

My point is you could just not have done the Karlsson trade and probably never have had to bottom out.
22 mars à 15 h 32
sharcuda22

My point is you could just not have done the Karlsson trade and probably never have had to bottom out.

I dont think thats true at all. Even without the Karlsson trade martin jones and vlasic self destructing probably means we middle out, and with the state of our prospect pool at the time we might have had two helpful graduations and almost certainly we would not have drafted stutzle. Yes i think that we will be bad again next year (year 6) and then the following year start pushing for a playoff spot although i dont expect us to quite make it in 25/26.
22 mars à 16 h 38
Démarrer sujet

Hindsight is 20/20! But truth be told teams need to bottom out to get the best prospects in order to become a cup contender! Bottoming out was inevitable after 18 years of being in playoff contention and 4 WCF berths
22 mars à 16 h 39
Démarrer sujet
I dont think thats true at all. Even without the Karlsson trade martin jones and vlasic self destructing probably means we middle out, and with the state of our prospect pool at the time we might have had two helpful graduations and almost certainly we would not have drafted stutzle. Yes i think that we will be bad again next year (year 6) and then the following year start pushing for a playoff spot although i dont expect us to quite make it in 25/26.

24/25 we will still be bottom of the leauge, 25/26 will be better but not sure we hit that layoffs till 26/27! At the earliest.
23 mars à 8 h 50
sharcuda22
24/25 we will still be bottom of the leauge, 25/26 will be better but not sure we hit that layoffs till 26/27! At the earliest.

That is also the timeline im assuming. Like 2024: 32nd 2025: 32nd 2026: 20th 2027:16th for example.
23 mars à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
That is also the timeline im assuming. Like 2024: 32nd 2025: 32nd 2026: 20th 2027:16th for example.

I see similar

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage