Forums/Armchair-GM

Early Look with blanks

Créé par: OldNYIfan
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 mars 2024
Publié: 15 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This seems to me to be a realistic starting point from which GM Brad Treliving will be working this off-season. General Toronto sentiment seems to be in favor of bringing Max Domi back, so that would leave around $11 million to spend on the two top RD spots plus another goalie. Feel free to offer your suggestions for those three positions in the Comments.

I've offered the RFAs little more than their Qualifying Offers, so let me know if any of them deserve a significant raise.

I think that Nic Moldenhauer could profit from another year at the University of Michigan, so I'm not signing him to his ELC this summer.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 600 000 $
11 150 000 $
21 000 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1850 000 $
1850 000 $
1850 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1987 500 000 $72 494 667 $0 $0 $15 005 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, C
RFA
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DD
RFA
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 mars à 11 h 59
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 345
IMO Liljegren gets more
OldNYIfan et palhal a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,179
Very well laid out. No need to run a 23 man squad - 22 is sufficient so I’m eliminating Gregor (he’s been underwhelming) leaves $15.9 K for 4 spots. I don’t see Domi as a fit but that’s just me.
2C - Chandler Stephenson $6M (JT moves to 2W or 3C)
RHD 1 - Lyubushkin $2.5M (Reilly needs stay at home, physical D)
RHD 2 - Carrier or Demelo equivalent $4 M (to play with McCabe); I think Roy or Pesce not achievable
Goalie 1B - FA vet; ~$2.5M (lots to choose from + Hildeby available for call up if injury)
15 mars à 12 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Leafs need to move out Kampf, Jarnkrok, Lili and put all their money into 3 RHD.

There are so many options:
- Carrier
- DeMelo
- Roy
- Desharnais
- Montour
- Peace
- Tanev

If they are smart they can get 2 solid top 4 DFD for ,$4-5M x4-5 years (similar to the Brodie/Tanev deals) and one for $1.5-2.5M.

Personally I'd target DeMelo to play with Rielly and Desharnais as the big body that Tre loves on the bottom pair. For the the second pairing any of those guys fit and Karlsson/Burns could also be trade options.

If Tre doesn't come out of this summer with a top 5 D core he's miserably failed. The options are there the money is there and the left side of Rielly/McCabe/Benoit is already a top 10 left side in the league.
TheeDjeeEem a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: MitchJr
Very well laid out. No need to run a 23 man squad - 22 is sufficient so I’m eliminating Gregor (he’s been underwhelming) leaves $15.9 K for 4 spots. I don’t see Domi as a fit but that’s just me.
RHD 2 - Carrier or Demelo equivalent $4 M (to play with McCabe); I think Roy or Pesce not achievable
Goalie 1B - FA vet; ~$2.5M (lots to choose from + Hildeby available for call up if injury)

I think for goalie you take a run at Ingram with the Yotes. Maybe something around Bjustad and Ingram could be feasible. Lilly def gets more than 1.6.

I would consider trading Robo and Lilly, give them a better shot elsewhere and still reap some reward from them.
MitchJr et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,179
Quoting: BusterZXD
I think for goalie you take a run at Ingram with the Yotes. Maybe something around Bjustad and Ingram could be feasible. Lilly def gets more than 1.6.

I would consider trading Robo and Lilly, give them a better shot elsewhere and still reap some reward from them.

Both have potential but neither seem like a “Tre player” so agreed, they might look to move them in summer
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Both have potential but neither seem like a “Tre player” so agreed, they might look to move them in summer

They also just don’t seem trusted by Keefe. Robo is not given any opportunity and with Dewar and McMann (I really like his game) I don’t see him slotting in as LW 2/3. Lilly is def not a Tre D man.
MitchJr a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 12 h 58
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
I think everyone but Liljegren is in the ballpark of what they'd earn. For Lily, I think the years are going to be the major factor instead of the cap hit. He's shown at times he's capable of being a top 4 guy but he's also had massive gaffs. Either 2 years at or under 3 million, or 4-5 years around 3.5-4 would be a reasonable contract. 3 years will walk him to UFA.

I made an ACGM yesterday which outlined what I believe the priorities are for the Leafs this offseason and some players I think they could get. I had to move Kampf in order to round out the depth which shows you how bad that contract is.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 13 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,266
Quoting: mondo
I think everyone but Liljegren is in the ballpark of what they'd earn. For Lily, I think the years are going to be the major factor instead of the cap hit. He's shown at times he's capable of being a top 4 guy but he's also had massive gaffs. Either 2 years at or under 3 million, or 4-5 years around 3.5-4 would be a reasonable contract. 3 years will walk him to UFA.

I made an ACGM yesterday which outlined what I believe the priorities are for the Leafs this offseason and some players I think they could get. I had to move Kampf in order to round out the depth which shows you how bad that contract is.

The problem I foresee with Liljegren is that he turns 25 on April 30, which means that he turns 27 before the July 1st of his second future season -- my understanding then is that a 2-year contract carries him to free agency. I chose the one-year term shown here to make this a "make or break" season for him in preference to trading him because I think that the pending free agency scenario lowers his trade value.
15 mars à 13 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,698

Agree with most of your comments. But Stephenson isn't a better 2C than Tavares. Folks seem to have distain for Tavares but it's more his contract. But even signing 30 Stephenson long term is iffy

Looking at Trev's record in Calgary. maybe Trev isn't the best guy to make personnel decisions for the Leafs.
aadoyle et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 13 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: palhal
Agree with most of your comments. But Stephenson isn't a better 2C than Tavares. Folks seem to have distain for Tavares but it's more his contract. But even signing 30 Stephenson long term is iffy

Looking at Trev's record in Calgary. maybe Trev isn't the best guy to make personnel decisions for the Leafs.

get off your knees for dubas
15 mars à 13 h 31
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: jimtreliving
get off your knees for dubas

Oh I'm glad Dubas is gone. But geez why would the Leafs hire an below average GM in Trevling?
Is Daddy Treeling giving you Boston Pizzas for free is that your love for his son.
Trevling big announcement this summer was he was going to strengthen the Leafs defence. So he signs lighweight Klingberg. Last season the Leafs the were 7th in GAA. Now 16th Gee, Brad can't even lie correctly
15 mars à 13 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,977
Caps 87.7m going into next season

Leafs will have 21.8m

Gregor and Timmins will probs be gone through being nonqualified, trade, or waivers, Dewar will probs get a Lafferty contract, Benoit a Englund deal.

Liligren is 100% getting more as to how much idk but 2m feels like the minimum for him

Moving to filling the holes it can go 2 ways but IMO this is what I feel is gonna happen

Roy 6m x 6 years
Tanev 3.25m x 2 years
Foegele 2.95m x 4 years
Samsonov 2.5m x 1 year
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 mars à 13 h 40
Hakuna Matata

Yep, Stephenson and Carrier are two guys I dont get the fascination with. Carrier is not a big Dman and to me VGK presented the formula for a SC. Basically a football team on defense Carrier is 5'10 174 pounds

Stephenson is gonna want 5m and through watching him this year NTU. It feels like a mistake waiting to happen. VGK even prepared to move on via a Hertl trade
15 mars à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,266
Quoting: aadoyle

Leafs will have 21.8m

Gregor and Timmins will probs be gone through being nonqualified, trade, or waivers, Dewar will probs get a Lafferty contract, Benoit a Englund deal.

Liligren is 100% getting more as to how much idk but 2m feels like the minimum for him

Moving to filling the holes it can go 2 ways but IMO this is what I feel is gonna happen

Roy 6m x 6 years
Tanev 3.25m x 2 years
Foegele 2.95m x 4 years
Samsonov 2.5m x 1 year

All excellent and insightful suggestions which I would like to see, with the exception of Matt Roy, of course. whom I could not stand to see leave the Kings.
15 mars à 13 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Leafs will have 21.8m

Roy 6m x 6 years
Tanev 3.25m x 2 years
Foegele 2.95m x 4 years
Samsonov 2.5m x 1 year

That's a lot of term for 30 year old Roy. Gotta think Samsonov gets a better deal elsewhere. Maybe Jersey.
Maybe Tanev and DeMelo for a combined 9m.
Some "Jones" type goalie will be available. Just gotta get lucky hitting the right aging vet on a one year deal. Hoping Hildeby comes along and is NHL ready next season in case of injury.
But the Leafs do have hope with their cap next season. They should be able to get quality players.
15 mars à 13 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: OldNYIfan
All excellent and insightful suggestions which I would like to see, with the exception of Matt Roy, of course. whom I could not stand to see leave the Kings.

I think Clarke is gonna make the decisions interesting

Rn LA has 4 nice RD

Clarke, Doughty, Roy, and Spence

Clarke should be pushing into the lineup next season so giving Roy 6m x 6 years could be considered odd as okay where Clarke gonna play and or HS Spence to dont seem fair as hes also looked good

Diverting the funds to others might be in the best interest of LA so while it might look risky Clark might just come in and do a good job and make moving on from Roy a worth it gamble.
15 mars à 13 h 53
Hakuna Matata
That's a lot of term for 30 year old Roy. Gotta think Samsonov gets a better deal elsewhere. Maybe Jersey.
Maybe Tanev and DeMelo for a combined 9m.
Some "Jones" type goalie will be available. Just gotta get lucky hitting the right aging vet on a one year deal. Hoping Hildeby comes along and is NHL ready next season in case of injury.
But the Leafs do have hope with their cap next season. They should be able to get quality players.

TOR should get 4 good years out of Roy. Heck we have seen some older D continue to play excellent

Sammy its 50/50 but I got a feeling hes gonna stay for one more season.

Tanev and Demelo would not be wise to target together as basically it creates a problem with the Dcore's structure. Roy's style alleviates that

0 need for Jones type goalies. Either bring back Sammy or invest. Jones was good here and there but if hes the full time backup NTU
15 mars à 13 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
TOR should get 4 good years out of Roy. Heck we have seen some older D continue to play excellent

Sammy its 50/50 but I got a feeling hes gonna stay for one more season.

Tanev and Demelo would not be wise to target together as basically it creates a problem with the Dcore's structure. Roy's style alleviates that

0 need for Jones type goalies. Either bring back Sammy or invest. Jones was good here and there but if hes the full time backup NTU

I gotta think Samsonov has priced himself out of Toronto. Second highest win/point precentage of any goalie.
If Roy is that good. Doesn't he find other places that need a RHD, that he might like more than the Leafs.?
15 mars à 14 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 15 mars à 14 h 22
I gotta think Samsonov has priced himself out of Toronto. Second highest win/point precentage of any goalie.
If Roy is that good. Doesn't he find other places that need a RHD, that he might like more than the Leafs.?

I really dont think so. He had a miserable first half and while he has been good its not been mind-blowing besides that 2-0 save I will give him that.

Since returning from waivers 2.30GAA, .914 SV% that dont scream pricing yourself out. If he was putting up Hellybuyck numbers sure

But when we factor his awful start that does go into price.

Hes probs gonna sign another show me

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage