Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $81 905 616 $0 $0 $1 594 384 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
812 500 $812 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 févr. à 21 h 24
Mr.
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,237
Sorry bud, Xhekaj isn't available
12 févr. à 21 h 25
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,266
Three of your top 6 future assets for a collection of fillers?

Poor strategy, if you ask me.
SirRobo, CoryTheGreat et HShockey a aimé ceci.
12 févr. à 21 h 28
SirRobo
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 134
That’s way too many left D. Highly recommend definitely trying some on the right side.
12 févr. à 21 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 433
If this is prepping to goon it up to scare the Sens next season, just know that it won't work. Ottawa hasn't lost to the Habs in like 2 years
12 févr. à 21 h 28
SirRobo
Mentions "j'aime": 134
Quoting: SMH

Lmaoo you wishhh
HShockey et We_know_nothing a aimé ceci.
12 févr. à 21 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 437

LMFAO. For Knie, Cowan and a 1st Xhekaj isn’t available? This is the most ridiculous deal I’ve seen in a while and some Habs fans are rejecting this deal
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
12 févr. à 22 h 9
Prime Primeau
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2,153
Savard for a first, A Xhekaj for Cowan. Ain’t no way F Xhekaj, Pezzetta and 2 picks get Knies.

My proposal to make this deal fair. Remove Knies and the picks from Mtl and add a fourth from Toronto
12 févr. à 22 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 437
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
Savard for a first, A Xhekaj for Cowan. Ain’t no way F Xhekaj, Pezzetta and 2 picks get Knies.

My proposal to make this deal fair. Remove Knies and the picks from Mtl and add a fourth from Toronto

We aren't dealing Cowan + a 1st for Pezzetta, both Xhekaj, and a 33-year old Savard. We really don't need Xhexaj with Benoit, Savard would be a decent addition but with the 1st there are better players to target (Tanev, Ferraro, Walker, Larsson)
12 févr. à 22 h 28
Go Canucks
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 24

This is a legit question, because I truly don't understand. What is with Montreal fans' obsession of Xhekaj? I've seen him play about half dozen times, and other than being a beast, I don't see anything special there. He's a projected third pairing defensemen who is tough. Do people think he's going to develop the same way that Dustin Byfuglien did? What am I missing?
12 févr. à 22 h 46
Former NHL Executive
Rejoint: sept. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 156
Quoting: HShockey
We aren't dealing Cowan + a 1st for Pezzetta, both Xhekaj, and a 33-year old Savard. We really don't need Xhexaj with Benoit, Savard would be a decent addition but with the 1st there are better players to target (Tanev, Ferraro, Walker, Larsson)

You are a Toronto and Vancouver fan.

You don't understand loyalty or what it's like to be a fan. You are hated by everyone. Just give up.
13 févr. à 8 h 39
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 336
Quoting: We_know_nothing
This is a legit question, because I truly don't understand. What is with Montreal fans' obsession of Xhekaj? I've seen him play about half dozen times, and other than being a beast, I don't see anything special there. He's a projected third pairing defensemen who is tough. Do people think he's going to develop the same way that Dustin Byfuglien did? What am I missing?

Personally, I think that Xhekaj is coveted by us Habs fans because he brings an element of toughness that Montreal really needs (and cannot easily replace), plus he can play decently well for an enforcer (skates pretty well for his size, has a good shot and a bit of offensive talent-- not a Norris candidate by any means). I would not say that he is untouchable or that he will develop into a Byfuglien type (but who knows, sometimes those guys come out of left field and have very good careers), but a trade would have to involve a fairly good piece coming back to Montreal.

I think the value he adds to a playoff team is that his type of game is very well suited for the playoffs (although he does take bad penalties at times).

I find it hard to believe that another team would offer up what Kent Hughes may want for him, because of his value to the Habs, but I imagine there is a package of players out there that would work if Montreal wanted to do so,
13 févr. à 13 h 51
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Quoting: We_know_nothing

To answer your legit question, as noted, he provides the toughness and beastliness that's been missing. That said, it looks like his confidence has dropped a bit this year, but he still is good at getting shots through and transitioning the puck well, via breakouts or neutral zone transitions. He definitely lacks speed and his positioning needs some work as I feel he chases the play too much and seems to focus too much on where he is now vs where he should be next, which allows for plays against him to unfold. I love him as I think there's room to grow, but with the possible talent in the pipeline, he needs to REALLY improve these downfalls. I think what you'll find with us fans is that it's exciting to have that grit on the team. It's a part of hockey that many enjoy and the next toughest guys are Pezzetta and Anderson.
13 févr. à 22 h 38
Go Canucks
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Quoting: KentMcNally
Personally, I think that Xhekaj is coveted by us Habs fans because he brings an element of toughness that Montreal really needs (and cannot easily replace), plus he can play decently well for an enforcer (skates pretty well for his size, has a good shot and a bit of offensive talent-- not a Norris candidate by any means). I would not say that he is untouchable or that he will develop into a Byfuglien type (but who knows, sometimes those guys come out of left field and have very good careers), but a trade would have to involve a fairly good piece coming back to Montreal.

I think the value he adds to a playoff team is that his type of game is very well suited for the playoffs (although he does take bad penalties at times).

I find it hard to believe that another team would offer up what Kent Hughes may want for him, because of his value to the Habs, but I imagine there is a package of players out there that would work if Montreal wanted to do so,

Quoting: Samsquanch14
To answer your legit question, as noted, he provides the toughness and beastliness that's been missing. That said, it looks like his confidence has dropped a bit this year, but he still is good at getting shots through and transitioning the puck well, via breakouts or neutral zone transitions. He definitely lacks speed and his positioning needs some work as I feel he chases the play too much and seems to focus too much on where he is now vs where he should be next, which allows for plays against him to unfold. I love him as I think there's room to grow, but with the possible talent in the pipeline, he needs to REALLY improve these downfalls. I think what you'll find with us fans is that it's exciting to have that grit on the team. It's a part of hockey that many enjoy and the next toughest guys are Pezzetta and Anderson.

Thanks for the responses here guys, although that leave me with a couple follow up questions (remember, these are legit questions, I'm not trolling):
1. There are a lot of skilled tough guy, and even more who lack high end skills but are tough. When I've seen Xhekaj, he is...at best...neutral on the ice, but quite often a liability. I just feel that there are so many more talented/tough options out there.
2. The game has changed. It has wholly changed. Tough guys (goons) aren't appreciated anymore. To quote that talentless bag of cement - Ryan Reaves "Make hockey violent again" isn't reality. The kids are coming in an skating circles around the pylons. Xhekaj is an alright skater, but there are definitely upgrades out there.

What has prompted this line of questioning was the offer made here by a Leafs fan to trade one legit prospect, one legit young roster player and a 1st round pick for a bunch of stuff, but Xhekaj (damn that's hard to type) as the main player coming back. I personally think that's an absolute DUMB amount to pay for him, but I saw Habs fans saying no to an offer they obviously should say yes to and it's not even close.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage