Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 4 - Mid Season Slump

24 févr. à 19 h 45
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
Quoting: aadoyle
Were getting dummied by the Avs

That second goal just be ew as man Rielly and Brodie got embarrassed

Now like last time I hope this leads to what we saw when we faced them where we were up 3-0 then they came back. Do it to them

I think I'm done with Mo and Brodie as a pair. We need to give Keefe a new security blanket so he can naturally run optimal lines
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 19 h 47
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,120
Modifié 24 févr. à 20 h 17
Quoting: Random2152
I think I'm done with Mo and Brodie as a pair. We need to give Keefe a new security blanket so he can naturally run optimal lines

Rielly-Brodie is like Muzzin-Holl

It works for a bit then falls apart and u never want to see them together again.

There was a reason past 2 playoffs those two were separated and its been for the best

Gimmie Adam Larsson so Brodie can stay left side
24 févr. à 19 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Took a bad penalty but glad to see Benoit back as with it no more Rielly-Brodie
24 févr. à 19 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,111
Team dont got a big window and there is little to no guarantee he will be a good partner for Rielly

There be to many unknowns and gambles. Get someone actually established in the role who we know can play 20+ mins a night, kill penalties, move the puck, and drive offense, not a rookie who Keefe will have to shelter and who may get outmuscled for the puck over and over.

Look at the Muzzin trade. Yes Muzzin went through injuries at the end but Leafs traded Durzi and never looked back. Muzzin was such a good Dman and it sucks his career ended the way it did as hes a guy we could use rn.

Were in win now not wait and see. As lets say we bring him up and he dont work with Rielly then what?

Remember Liligren how many years did it take him to finally get to where he is. We cant just assume Niemela gonna come and immediately be a top pair guy here with Rielly or even top 4. Its to many ifs ands or buts rn.

If Rasmus Andersson is available and CGY asks for 1st + 3rd and Niemela done.

Leafs should add a defenseman, definitely, but at the expense of Niemela? No
24 févr. à 19 h 52
Hakuna Matata
How the **** did that not go in wow
24 févr. à 19 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 févr. à 20 h 9
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Leafs should add a defenseman, definitely, but at the expense of Niemela? No

They wont get anyone good without paying the cost

Muzzin costed 1st + 2 good prospects (Grundstrom and Durzi)

If we want Andersson, Larsson, or any other good top 4 RD with term gonna cost us

In general look what it did last TDL. Dubas didnt want to trade prospects but it costed us a lot of picks in the process. We dont got a lot of picks now so prospects gonna be needed. We dont got a super big pool so guys like Tvergberg, Niemela, Greybokin, etc all be trade chips

Cause sure we can save the 1st and good prospects and trade for Dumba, Carrier, Lybushkin but those guys dont move the needle if in a positive manner I should say.
24 févr. à 20 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Why is it that every fan on here seems to be smarter than Keefe?

I'm seriously starting to think that he is the core problem.
24 févr. à 20 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Bertuzzi's got 2 goals nice
fangm a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 20 h 37
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: fangm

We aren't smarter than Keefe. You just don't remember all of our bad takes
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 20 h 37
They wont get anyone good without paying the cost

Muzzin costed 1st + 2 good prospects (Grundstrom and Durzi)

If we want Andersson, Larsson, or any other good top 4 RD with term gonna cost us

In general look what it did last TDL. Dubas didnt want to trade prospects but it costed us a lot of picks in the process. We dont got a lot of picks now so prospects gonna be needed. We dont got a super big pool so guys like Tvergberg, Niemela, Greybokin, etc all be trade chips

Cause sure we can save the 1st and good prospects and trade for Dumba, Carrier, Lybushkin but those guys dont move the needle if in a positive manner I should say.

Analytical Carrier is miles better than Larsson and Andersson.

Larsson is way past his prime. Anyone who thinks we should get him id highly recommend you watch the next Seattle game. He isn't good anymore.

Andersson is just an older Liligren who has completely given up on defending to start scoring. Lili could do that we saw him with 7 points in the 5 games Rielly was out and he was drafted as an OFD but they have done so much work to make him a DFD. He's only 24, with time I think he can be a great TWD. If you want Andersson tho just tell Lili to forget about D and he can replicate Anderson's play. Kinda like what Washington did with Sandin and he was a PPG for a couple months after we traded him, now he is borderline unplayable.
24 févr. à 20 h 39
We aren't smarter than Keefe. You just don't remember all of our bad takes

Fair enough. The Brodie thing is really getting to me. I know he can't play Lagesson 20mins a night but Brodie is a top 10 DFD in the league on the left side and a borderline AHLer on the right. He's just too old to play his off side and that second goal for example is 100% cause Brodie is on his off side.
24 févr. à 20 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 févr. à 20 h 59

Larsson is way past his prime. Anyone who thinks we should get him id highly recommend you watch the next Seattle game. He isn't good anymore.

Andersson is just an older Liligren who has completely given up on defending to start scoring. Lili could do that we saw him with 7 points in the 5 games Rielly was out and he was drafted as an OFD but they have done so much work to make him a DFD. He's only 24, with time I think he can be a great TWD. If you want Andersson tho just tell Lili to forget about D and he can replicate Anderson's play. Kinda like what Washington did with Sandin and he was a PPG for a couple months after we traded him, now he is borderline unplayable.

Carrier be third pair in NSH playing 17-18mins a night

Larsson and Andersson be playing 22-24mins a night

Andersson also be the better point guy than Carrier, Larsson the better defender

Carrier is undersized and not what Toronto needs. Hes not a needle mover for this blue line

TOR needs a partner for Rielly and if we look at playstyle Larsson's the guy. 100 hits and blocked shots, more takeaways than giveaways, 16 points 3 goals, thats the guy for Rielly.
24 févr. à 20 h 44
Just Keep Swimming
Carrier be third pair in NSH playing 17mins a night

Carrier is undersized and not what Toronto needs. Hes not a needle mover for this blue line

TOR needs a partner for Rielly and if we look at playstyle Larsson's the guy

Just feel the need to remind people that Calgary are under orders from ownership to not trade with Trev. As much as a Tanev+Hanifin add would make sense, it wont happen unless the market totally collapses. Look elsewhere
24 févr. à 20 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 févr. à 20 h 54
Just feel the need to remind people that Calgary are under orders from ownership to not trade with Trev. As much as a Tanev+Hanifin add would make sense, it wont happen unless the market totally collapses. Look elsewhere

I feel its retention thats killing a lot of the deals as it seems CGY just be allergic to it

As notice they havent retained on anyone which is pretty surprising

Like I would have thought Lindholm would gave got retention

If Hanifin and Tanev are moved without ret then its gonna be a wow moment
24 févr. à 20 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,111

I'd like to think I'm smarter than Keefe, but there's so much that goes into coaching. Put me behind that bench and the Leafs finish bottom 3 in the league 😂

I'm not a huge fan of Keefe (not a huge hater either), but it's easy to not appreciate what he does right, and even easier to criticize what he does wrong. He's not detriment to this team, but he doesn't elevate them either
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
24 févr. à 20 h 59
Just Keep Swimming
I feel its retention thats killing a lot of the deals as it seems CGY just be allergic to it

As notice they havent retained on anyone which is pretty surprising

Like I would have thought Lindholm would gave got retention

If Hanifin and Tanev are moved without ret then its gonna be a wow moment

Bit of column a, bit of column b
24 févr. à 21 h 4
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,158
Im not overly concerned with grit we have that with some of the other guys here.

The goal should be just finding a partner for Rielly or a top 4 RD in general who can move the puck, play good defense, and contribute some offense. As come playoffs it cant just be Rielly.

Rasmus Andersson or Adam Larsson for instance would be welcomed additions and if the other team asks for Niemela pack your bags get er done

Cause

Rielly-Larsson
Brodie-Liligren
Benoit-McCabe

or

Rielly-Liligren
Brodie-Andersson
Benoit-McCabe

Would be nice pairings

I don't see Andersson as the right fit. Obviously he's a major addition but if you can somehow find a poor man's Weber that would be the ultimate partner for Rielly. Muzzin but right handed. Someone who can be the solid stay at home guy for Rielly but also mean as hell. Who that is, I am not sure. But it's what they need. Larsson would be fine but will cost loads and only be good for a year or two. Tanev has no long term future that helps the team. Best case he's amazing in a long run. But any long term deals for him even 3*5 million would be a terrible signing.

The point, unless we have a long term solution, trading any of Niemela or Liljegren is a massive mistake.
24 févr. à 21 h 7
Rip

Brodie absolutely needs to be on the left side. Keefe just never adjusts unless he is forced to by injury.
24 févr. à 21 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
I don't see Andersson as the right fit. Obviously he's a major addition but if you can somehow find a poor man's Weber that would be the ultimate partner for Rielly. Muzzin but right handed. Someone who can be the solid stay at home guy for Rielly but also mean as hell. Who that is, I am not sure. But it's what they need. Larsson would be fine but will cost loads and only be good for a year or two. Tanev has no long term future that helps the team. Best case he's amazing in a long run. But any long term deals for him even 3*5 million would be a terrible signing.

The point, unless we have a long term solution, trading any of Niemela or Liljegren is a massive mistake.

Issue is there arent many guys like that besides Larsson but not much guarantee hes available. To me Andersson would be the solution for the Leafs lack of playoff blue line production which is basically problem 2. He wouldnt be entirely there to be Rielly's partner but more so help in another area. Liligren would basically get a temporary promotion.

Then come the summer I would try to sign the perfect Rielly partner (Demelo or Roy). Its basically a plan that would help for now and the future if say Larsson wouldnt be available

Basically imagine come 2024-2025

Rielly-Demelo/Roy
McCabe-Andersson
Benoit-Timmins or someone
24 févr. à 21 h 10
Rip
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I'd like to think I'm smarter than Keefe, but there's so much that goes into coaching. Put me behind that bench and the Leafs finish bottom 3 in the league 😂

I'm not a huge fan of Keefe (not a huge hater either), but it's easy to not appreciate what he does right, and even easier to criticize what he does wrong. He's not detriment to this team, but he doesn't elevate them either

Nah, just send the starts out as much as possible. Anyone is going to win more than they lose if they play Matthews, Marner and Nylander for 66% of a game. Just hope to break even over the final 34% and you win 70% of your games. That's all Keefe does
24 févr. à 21 h 11
Rip
Issue is there arent many guys like that besides Larsson but not much guarantee hes available. To me Andersson would be the solution for the Leafs lack of playoff blue line production which is basically problem 2. He wouldnt be entirely there to be Rielly's partner but more so help in another area. Liligren would basically get a temporary promotion.

Then come the summer I would try to sign the perfect Rielly partner (Demelo or Roy). Its basically a plan that would help for now and the future if say Larsson wouldnt be available

Basically imagine come 2024-2025

Rielly-Demelo/Roy
McCabe-Andersson
Benoit-Timmins or someone

Roy is a good add I think
24 févr. à 21 h 12
Rip
Samsonov hasn't looked great tonight.
24 févr. à 21 h 12
Hakuna Matata
I love our second line but man when they get stuck in their own zone its basically god help us

3 broken sticks be also a bruh moment
24 févr. à 21 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Roy is a good add I think

In the summer yea but hes gonna be expensive FA signing
24 févr. à 21 h 23
Carrier be third pair in NSH playing 17-18mins a night

Andersson also be the better point guy than Carrier, Larsson the better defender

TOR needs a partner for Rielly and if we look at playstyle Larsson's the guy. 100 hits and blocked shots, more takeaways than giveaways, 16 points 3 goals, thats the guy for Rielly.

Carrier has the highest quality of competition of any Preds defender. He's playing all the hard minutes.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage