Forums/Armchair-GM

This is still a Kyle Dubas team

Créé par: Brad_Treliving
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 17 janv. 2024
Publié: 17 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is still a Kyle Dubas team. Until Tre gets them to start playing like a playoff team that Dubas has failed to do in his 5 years in Toronto, no criticism on Tre. Besides, missing the playoffs would be healthy for these entitled players

Under Dubas they traded 5 first round picks, 5 second round picks, 7 3rd round picks, Kadri, Durzi, Moore, Grundstrom, Kapanen, Johnson, Barabanov, and McCann. Of those assets they have Jake McCabe, Mark Giordano, Kyle Clifford and peaked at 5 playoff wins.

As I said before, I expected a downfall of a season this year. Tre needs to be considered as a seller and build his real team in the offseason. Brodie and Gio are not Treliving defensemen, they are both soft so it fits the description under Dubas
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
VGK
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler (2 250 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (COL)
COL
  1. Domi, Max (1 500 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (NJD)
NJD
  1. Brodie, TJ (2 500 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de COL
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYI
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de NJD
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2083 500 000 $73 453 117 $0 $0 $10 046 883 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
834 167 $834 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 janv. à 9 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,013
I think it’s fair to look at what Treliving has done so far.

Big moves are the mega extensions for Nylander and Matthews. Of course those are players worth keeping (and Matthews can get whatever he wants), but it looks like the Nylander contract seems like he bought at the absolute high point.

Big offseason moves were signing Domi, Bertuzzi, and Klingberg to short term high dollar deals. Have those guys lived up to their contracts?

Kampf and Reaves were the only offseason deals that received term. I think both of those deals look pretty bad. Also required them to dump Lafferty.

I’m not a Toronto guy but I think it’s ok to question what’s going on in that front office.
17 janv. à 10 h 5
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,609
I appreciate the creativity, but Avs decline. Domi is not a 2C
17 janv. à 10 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 808
Quoting: turtlemountain
I think it’s fair to look at what Treliving has done so far.

Big moves are the mega extensions for Nylander and Matthews. Of course those are players worth keeping (and Matthews can get whatever he wants), but it looks like the Nylander contract seems like he bought at the absolute high point.

Big offseason moves were signing Domi, Bertuzzi, and Klingberg to short term high dollar deals. Have those guys lived up to their contracts?

Kampf and Reaves were the only offseason deals that received term. I think both of those deals look pretty bad. Also required them to dump Lafferty.

I’m not a Toronto guy but I think it’s ok to question what’s going on in that front office.

Yup, it's absolutely fine to question the front office but as for Tre, I feel like he still didn't implement this team. In yesterdays Jason Gregor show, Tre was a special guest and he said that he talks to Sheldon Keefe about the players that they want to add and that also applies to extension. So in theory, I think Keefe told Tre to extend David Kampf

As for Nylander, Dubas set Tre up in a lose-lose situation. These were his three options:

1) Let Nylander walk for nothing (similar to Gaudreau situation)
2) Trade Nylander at the deadline (why would Tre wanna risk his playoff spot pre-contract extension especially with the numbers he was putting up)
3) Give Nylander what he wants (Dubas didn't negotiate his contracts with the big four so what leverage does Tre have)

His best choice was to give Nylander what he wants an hope he keeps putting up the same numbers. Tre just learned the truth about this player and now he will have to live with it

As for Bertuzzi and Domi, no one expected this type of downfall by both players. Bertuzzi was a beast and a difference maker in both Detroit and Boston but it's funny that a soft coach in Sheldon Keefe doesn't know how to utilize him
17 janv. à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
I appreciate the creativity, but Avs decline. Domi is not a 2C

You do know he put up 23 points in 42 games while playing 10 minutes a night
SomeonesOffended a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 12
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,609
Actually I didn't know that, but how long ago was that
SomeonesOffended a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 13
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,055
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
Actually I didn't know that, but how long ago was that

This year
HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 16
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,052
Not a chance Domi and Bertuzzi bring back a first
MeetYourMakar et HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 17
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,055
Ask Marner for his list of teams and ride out the season, trade Marner to a team looking to try a leverage their high draft pick for a good player (thinking OTT or BUF or MTL or MIN), and soak that 1st plus as much assets as you can get and draft Sam Dickinson

Tell Keefe to start playing the younger players or fire him for Gallant and leverage your newly acquired 33 mill in cap space
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Shibbal18
Not a chance Domi and Bertuzzi bring back a first

Nope wrong, teams will pay a first for these guys. Why cause he's a Leaf, we're not getting a first?

Sabres fans have no room to talk with their trash market lol
17 janv. à 10 h 23
Shibbal18
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
Nope wrong, teams will pay a first for these guys. Why cause he's a Leaf, we're not getting a first?

Sabres fans have no room to talk with their trash market lol

Incoherent copeing from the most hated fan base in the league
HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Incoherent copeing from the most hated fan base in the league

Don't worry, I'll rather support the most hated market than an irrelevant market that no one wants to play for or cares about lol
17 janv. à 10 h 35
Yup, it's absolutely fine to question the front office but as for Tre, I feel like he still didn't implement this team. In yesterdays Jason Gregor show, Tre was a special guest and he said that he talks to Sheldon Keefe about the players that they want to add and that also applies to extension. So in theory, I think Keefe told Tre to extend David Kampf

As for Nylander, Dubas set Tre up in a lose-lose situation. These were his three options:

2) Trade Nylander at the deadline (why would Tre wanna risk his playoff spot pre-contract extension especially with the numbers he was putting up)
3) Give Nylander what he wants (Dubas didn't negotiate his contracts with the big four so what leverage does Tre have)

His best choice was to give Nylander what he wants an hope he keeps putting up the same numbers. Tre just learned the truth about this player and now he will have to live with it

As for Bertuzzi and Domi, no one expected this type of downfall by both players. Bertuzzi was a beast and a difference maker in both Detroit and Boston but it's funny that a soft coach in Sheldon Keefe doesn't know how to utilize him

I mean, that kinda supports the point:

- Matthews extension is fine. Maybe shorter than you want.

- Nylander pretty much got everything he wanted. I get your point on being in a tough spot, but Nylander pretty much got a perfect contract

- Kampf is playing a 4th line role and making $2.4M. When you’re spending like $40M on 4 players, you don’t have the luxury to overpay 4th liners like that.

- Similar to above, Reaves contract is awful. Kampf and Reaves contracts resulted in cap dumping a useful bottom 6 guy.

- Domi and Bertuzzi I have less of an issue with. Paying $4.15M for Klingberg was baffling to me after that last season. Of course he’s on LTIR now, but that was a brutal contract.

Tre obviously inherited a roster from Dubas and has to manage that. But he also inherited some extraordinary players like Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc. The fact that he has chosen to deploy like $7M of his limited cap space on guys like Reaves, Kampf, Klingberg? Baffling.
Brad_Treliving et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 10 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: turtlemountain
I mean, that kinda supports the point:

- Matthews extension is fine. Maybe shorter than you want.

- Nylander pretty much got everything he wanted. I get your point on being in a tough spot, but Nylander pretty much got a perfect contract

- Kampf is playing a 4th line role and making $2.4M. When you’re spending like $40M on 4 players, you don’t have the luxury to overpay 4th liners like that.

- Similar to above, Reaves contract is awful. Kampf and Reaves contracts resulted in cap dumping a useful bottom 6 guy.

- Domi and Bertuzzi I have less of an issue with. Paying $4.15M for Klingberg was baffling to me after that last season. Of course he’s on LTIR now, but that was a brutal contract.

Tre obviously inherited a roster for Dubas and has to manage that. But he also inherited some extraordinary players like Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc. The fact that he has chosen to deploy like $7M of his limited cap space on guys like Reaves, Kampf, Klingberg? Baffling.

Yeah a lot of those contracts aren't good but hoping he learns from his mistakes. I think the Kampf extension could hurt us the worst
17 janv. à 10 h 48
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 273
IMO, Leafs biggest problem has been their defense. Every AGM always tries to add to the Leafs line up by including power forwards or physical dman (ie Luke Schenn) into the roster. IMO, the defense needs a complete makeover. That includes getting rid of Reilly too...
17 janv. à 10 h 57
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 939

I'll grant you the Nylander thing, to a point, but Treliving did not have to keep Sheldon Keefe. He could have fired him at any point, and it wouldn't have been that hard to justify it. Instead he extended Keefe. So you can blame all the bad stuff on Keefe if you want but the only reason he's still here is because Treliving wants him to be here. If you're complaining about roster construction and how guys are being used, Treliving has had a pretty large impact on why the circumstances are that way even in just the last few months.

Basically none of his offseason contributions have worked well, and whether that's because he made a bad decisions on who to sign or he made a bad decision on who was the right coach for the situation, that's very much on him.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 11 h 10
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 939
Yeah a lot of those contracts aren't good but hoping he learns from his mistakes. I think the Kampf extension could hurt us the worst

You realize this is the guy that handed out the Jonathan Huberdeau contract, the Troy Brower contract, the James Neal contract, the Nazem Kadri contract, the Michael Stone contract, the Mason Raymond contract....this has been a trend with him long long before he joined the Leafs. There was a time where like a quarter of all buyouts since the last lockout belonged to Brad Treliving
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 11 h 18
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,096
"this is still a kyle dubas team!!!"

Proceeds to trade 3 players that Treliving signed this offseason, lol
Shibbal18 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 11 h 39
Shibbal18
Don't worry, I'll rather support the most hated market than an irrelevant market that no one wants to play for or cares about lol

Toronto has less playoff wins than Buffalo over the last 20 years. The Sabres missed the playoffs 16 of those years
turtlemountain et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 13 h 1
Toronto has less playoff wins than Buffalo over the last 20 years. The Sabres missed the playoffs 16 of those years

lmao
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. à 18 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,598
Avs decline and rumour has it the leadership in the Colorado dressing room nixed the addition of Domi in the past so I can't see why that would have changed.
bcooke a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage