SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

IM A CANUCKS FAN BUT THE HABS SAID NO TO THIS TRADE AT THE DRAFT

Créé par: RANGITAPE
Publié: 13 janv. à 15 h 34
Plafond salarial: 83 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 96/192 (50%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Reinbacher, DavidExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalPrêt-0 $001---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Askarov, YaroslavExempté du ballottagePredators de NashvilleMineures-0 $011-------1.480.943
Molendyk, TannerExempté du ballottagePredators de NashvilleJunior-0 $001---0000--
Wood, MatthewPredators de NashvilleListe de réserve-0 $001---------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial3 572 500 $2346734916
Variation0 $012000
Final3 572 500 $2347 (↑)75 (↑)4916000

Logo de Predators de NashvillePredators de Nashville

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Askarov, YaroslavExempté du ballottagePredators de NashvilleMineures-0 $011-------1.480.943
Molendyk, TannerExempté du ballottagePredators de NashvilleJunior-0 $001---0000--
Wood, MatthewPredators de NashvilleListe de réserve-0 $001---------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Reinbacher, DavidExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalPrêt-0 $001---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial7 769 322 $2345714912
Variation0 $0-1-2000
Final7 769 322 $2344 (↓)69 (↓)4912000
13 janv. à 16 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 383
ew. why?
makes no sense. at all.

ever heard of a rebuild?

read anything about the habs in the last... several years?
EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
13 janv. à 17 h 50
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413
Why would an team draft an player and around 6 month later trade him away ? Exemption of case where one of that party involved don't want play (ex: c.gauthier with flyer)
13 janv. à 18 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,336
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Why would an team draft an player and around 6 month later trade him away ? Exemption of case where one of that party involved don't want play (ex: c.gauthier with flyer)

The OP is just illustrating what MTL could have had instead of Reinbacher. NSH doesn't do this trade (Reinbacher wasn't their target, at the draft). MTL likely doesn't take Wood or Molendyk with those draft picks. I'd guess they'd go with the best RD available (Axel Sandin-Pellika) at 15OA, since they wouldn't have Reinbacher now. Molendyk was considered a bit of an off the board pick at 24OA, so they might not have made that pick either. Maybe someone like Quentin Musty or Calum Ritchie there instead?
RANGITAPE a aimé ceci.
13 janv. à 18 h 43
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 475
Nashville was trying to move up, and there were rumours they were dangling Askarov, but we don't really know what the details of any of the offers were.

If it was Askarov and their current first for a trade up, I'd have taken it as Montreal and settled on any of the 1RHDs... if you don't get Reinbacher, you can get Willander, and failing that, Axel Sandin Pelikka, who are all in the same talent level (ASL has, to me, a higher ceiling, but has kinks to his game).

But we don't know that this was the deal... maybe Nashville was trying to dangle Askarov without trading their first. Who knows? Whatever the case is, doesn't matter now.
KolmiPN, gmgb et EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 8 h 59
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
And rightfully so.
14 janv. à 9 h 3
Quoting: gmgb
The OP is just illustrating what MTL could have had instead of Reinbacher. NSH doesn't do this trade (Reinbacher wasn't their target, at the draft). MTL likely doesn't take Wood or Molendyk with those draft picks. I'd guess they'd go with the best RD available (Axel Sandin-Pellika) at 15OA, since they wouldn't have Reinbacher now. Molendyk was considered a bit of an off the board pick at 24OA, so they might not have made that pick either. Maybe someone like Quentin Musty or Calum Ritchie there instead?

Reports suggest their target was Reinbacher (the best RD available). Flyers also tried to trade for the pick and draft Reinbacher.

Glad we didn’t make that move. Wasn't worth trading for a goalie.
EatMyScoobySnack et Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 9 h 49
Quoting: Dom1422
Reports suggest their target was Reinbacher (the best RD available). Flyers also tried to trade for the pick and draft Reinbacher.

Glad we didn’t make that move. Wasn't worth trading for a goalie.

All the rumours out of NSH about the proposed trade were that the Preds were trying to trade into the top five so they could either get a center or Michkov. If NSH had their hearts set on an RD, they would have gone with ASP at 15OA, instead of Wood.
Ennis a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 12 h 26
All the rumours out of NSH about the proposed trade were that the Preds were trying to trade into the top five so they could either get a center or Michkov. If NSH had their hearts set on an RD, they would have gone with ASP at 15OA, instead of Wood.

No they wouldn’t have because they are not the same type of defenseman. They’re not all created equally. They were not about to draft a pure offensive defenseman.
14 janv. à 14 h 35
No they wouldn’t have because they are not the same type of defenseman. They’re not all created equally. They were not about to draft a pure offensive defenseman.

Well, NSH did daft an offensive dman in Molendyk, with their other 1st.

All the info and rumours from NSH sources were indicating that NSH was trying to trade up for a center or Michkov.

https://twitter.com/shaunhashim/status/1744799336326746289

I've only seen MTL fans and bloggers claim they wanted Reinbacher - and I don't put much faith in MTL based rumours, when it comes to the Preds. I still remember all the insane rumours about all the amazing futures NSH was going to send MTL for Weber, because MTL fans were convinced he was going to officially retire and give up his LTIR money for some reason tears of joy

Either way, I'm sure fans of both teams are happy a Reinbacher to NSH trade didn't and won't happen. Habs fans seem to love their guy, and Preds fans would be furious if NSH gave up Askarov, Wodd & Molendyk for him.
14 janv. à 15 h 12
Modifié 14 janv. à 16 h 35
Well, NSH did daft an offensive dman in Molendyk, with their other 1st.

All the info and rumours from NSH sources were indicating that NSH was trying to trade up for a center or Michkov.

https://twitter.com/shaunhashim/status/1744799336326746289

I've only seen MTL fans and bloggers claim they wanted Reinbacher - and I don't put much faith in MTL based rumours, when it comes to the Preds. I still remember all the insane rumours about all the amazing futures NSH was going to send MTL for Weber, because MTL fans were convinced he was going to officially retire and give up his LTIR money for some reason tears of joy

Either way, I'm sure fans of both teams are happy a Reinbacher to NSH trade didn't and won't happen. Habs fans seem to love their guy, and Preds fans would be furious if NSH gave up Askarov, Wodd & Molendyk for him.

Pick 24 and pick 5 are two massively different things. Late in the 1st and in the 2nd round is where you get the offensive Dmen who have holes defensively in hopes that they develop that side of their game later on. Reinbacher’s draft year was on par with Nemec, Heiskanen, Jiricek and Seider. These players are a different level. They are close to sure top pairing defenseman. Something the defense oriented Trotz would’ve coveted. Which is exactly why I doubt he had a ton of interest in Michkov, not to mention the other risks involved with that pick on top of it. Not to say he wouldn’t want a player like him, just not enough to be that aggressive in trading up to get. And as for a centre, they were all gone by pick 5 so that doesn’t make much sense. I’ll choose to believe the rumour that makes sense and that’s Reinbacher imo.
EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 16 h 50
I’ll choose to believe the rumour that makes sense

I'm doing the same. For me, that's Trotz trying to trade up for the kind of elite offensive player NSH has never had. Not reaching for a defenseman, when the Preds have found elite ones outside of the first round before.
Ennis et EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 17 h 4
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,519
I’ll choose to believe the rumour that makes sense and that’s Reinbacher imo.

This is just blatantly wrong, lol.

Trotz came into Nashville and wanted to make the team more offensively driven. One thing Nashville has lacked for YEARS were genuine 1C's and/or star forwards. gmgb is right in that all of the insider reports coming out of Nashville were that Trotz wanted to trade up for a forward.

It was also reported that Trotz sent the same offer to SJS, where his pick would have likely been Smith had he have landed it. Other picks such as Benson or Michkov would have been the next go-to's.

Reinbacher was never on the table for Nashville. If he was, Trotz would have settled for someone like Willander instead of Wood. The goal was impactful forwards.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 19 h 19
Be it real or not, the rumors was that Nashville was offering Askarov along with pick #15 and #24 for Montreal #5.

@Ennis Nashville couldn't settle for Willander as Vancouver pick him up 4 selection before. The two only defenseman available before molendyk at #15 was A S Pellika or Oliver Bonk who are more top 4 then top 2 d-man. And team would prefer a good top 6 with gabarit over the top 4 offensive D.

I don't know where I hear it or read it but the rumors about Reinbacher was that there was multiple team that convert the guys and he would still be the first d-man pick so this is why Montreal didn't want to trade down because they knew he would be pick and they (scout) sure seem to love him so much that they think the value of having him is way over the value of trading down and have more asset to add to the rebuilding pool.

Flyer was for sure interested into an trade to acquire the #5 Montreal pick to get Reinbacher and keep they're #7 for Michkov.

In the end I think both team management and fans got what they want. Except for the one who only want to criticize.
14 janv. à 19 h 21
Be it real or not, the rumors was that Nashville was offering Askarov along with pick #15 and #24 for Montreal #5.

Ennis Nashville couldn't settle for Willander as Vancouver pick him up 4 selection before. The two only defenseman available before molendyk at #15 was A S Pellika or Oliver Bonk who are more top 4 then top 2 d-man. And team would prefer a good top 6 with gabarit over the top 4 offensive D.

I don't know where I hear it or read it but the rumors about Reinbacher was that there was multiple team that convert the guys and he would still be the first d-man pick so this is why Montreal didn't want to trade down because they knew he would be pick and they (scout) sure seem to love him so much that they think the value of having him is way over the value of trading down and have more asset to add to the rebuilding pool.

Flyer was for sure interested into an trade to acquire the #5 Montreal pick to get Reinbacher and keep they're #7 for Michkov.

In the end I think both team management and fans got what they want. Except for the one who only want to criticize.

I more so meant that Trotz would have tried to trade up to get Willander.
EatMyScoobySnack et gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 19 h 25
Quoting: Ennis
I more so meant that Trotz would have tried to trade up to get Willander.

Oh in this case yeah maybe it wouldn't have cost as much as trying to get the #5. Depending on which pick he trade back could potentially have use #24 and pay bit more in asset to keep is #15 and end with Willander + Woods as draft addition.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 20 h 0
I'm doing the same. For me, that's Trotz trying to trade up for the kind of elite offensive player NSH has never had. Not reaching for a defenseman, when the Preds have found elite ones outside of the first round before.

Trotz would build an entire team out of 3rd line two-way grinders if he could. Hell he underutilized Barzal when he had him.
14 janv. à 20 h 5
14 janv. à 20 h 8
This is just blatantly wrong, lol.

Trotz came into Nashville and wanted to make the team more offensively driven. One thing Nashville has lacked for YEARS were genuine 1C's and/or star forwards. gmgb is right in that all of the insider reports coming out of Nashville were that Trotz wanted to trade up for a forward.

It was also reported that Trotz sent the same offer to SJS, where his pick would have likely been Smith had he have landed it. Other picks such as Benson or Michkov would have been the next go-to's.

Reinbacher was never on the table for Nashville. If he was, Trotz would have settled for someone like Willander instead of Wood. The goal was impactful forwards.

The only one blatantly wrong is you “Would’ve settled for Wallinder instead of Wood” they didn’t even have the opportunity to draft Wallinder. Their pick was 15, Wallinder was picked 11th. That doesn’t make sense.

And of course they would’ve picked Smith at 4 if they had made that trade with SJ, but he sure as hell was not trying to trade up to pick Benson at 5 lol. Everyone and their brother knew Benson wasn’t going that high.
14 janv. à 20 h 10
Modifié 14 janv. à 20 h 16

Ennis Nashville couldn't settle for Willander as Vancouver pick him up 4 selection before. The two only defenseman available before molendyk at #15 was A S Pellika or Oliver Bonk who are more top 4 then top 2 d-man. And team would prefer a good top 6 with gabarit over the top 4 offensive D.

Problem with the “Nashville couldve traded up for Wallinder” is that he wasn’t half the defenseman as Reinbacher and Wallinder was even a reach at 11. Wasn’t his consolidated ranking 24th, and wasn’t he ranked 20th in Bob Mackenzie’s final draft ranking? Reinbacher wasn’t making it past 6.
14 janv. à 20 h 22
Trotz would build an entire team out of 3rd line two-way grinders if he could. Hell he underutilized Barzal when he had him.

Weird thing to say about the guy who won a Cup with Ovi - the kind of elite forward Poile never provided him in NSH.

I'm guessing you're bitter about MTL declining - If NSH really did offer Askarov and the two 1sts for 5OA - just so they could take a reach on Reinbacher. Understandable, but you can't change that. Just accept it, and hope Reinbacher pans out.
14 janv. à 20 h 32
Weird thing to say about the guy who won a Cup with Ovi - the kind of elite forward Poile never provided him in NSH.

I'm guessing you're bitter about MTL declining - If NSH really did offer Askarov and the two 1sts for 5OA - just so they could take a reach on Reinbacher. Understandable, but you can't change that. Just accept it, and hope Reinbacher pans out.

Ovi is Ovi. You basically start each game up a goal. Not only that, but Ovi will put your head through the glass, he’s a behemoth. Michkov isn’t Ovi and it’s insulting to even put him in the same breath. Again this is all without mentioning the Russian factor and all that is going on with that situation, not mentioning the fact that multiple veteran teammates called the guy a head case and a character problem. I fully believe Trotz would’ve done like the other 6 teams and passed on him if he had the chance. You’re welcome to believe otherwise.

I have no hard feelings. I wanted us to draft Michkov (before all the reports came out about how much of an issue he is) I don’t like my favourite team having those type of characters. I watched our team get dismantled from the inside out during the Pacioretty/Subban years because of that kind of nonsense. No thank you.

I’ve looked at the data on Reinbacher, and I’m sure you’ve seen it as well. He was the pick at that spot, hell he probably should’ve went ahead of Smith. He’s one of the best D prospects we’ve seen in a long time, but when you come from a place that is not known for its hockey, and a league that doesn’t develop young players, you inevitably go under the radar.
RANGITAPE a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 20 h 39
The only one blatantly wrong is you “Would’ve settled for Wallinder instead of Wood” they didn’t even have the opportunity to draft Wallinder. Their pick was 15, Wallinder was picked 11th. That doesn’t make sense.

And of course they would’ve picked Smith at 4 if they had made that trade with SJ, but he sure as hell was not trying to trade up to pick Benson at 5 lol. Everyone and their brother knew Benson wasn’t going that high.

I meant Trotz would have traded up for him. If he was trading up to get Rein he would have tried to get Willander as a consolation.

I don't know how to tell you that other then just to say Nashville was NOT reaching for Rein. Trotz wanted game changing forwards which is why he also tried to get Smith. If it was pick 5, he was takign Michkov lmao.

Reinbacher was never in the plans.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 21 h 3
I meant Trotz would have traded up for him. If he was trading up to get Rein he would have tried to get Willander as a consolation.

I don't know how to tell you that other then just to say Nashville was NOT reaching for Rein. Trotz wanted game changing forwards which is why he also tried to get Smith. If it was pick 5, he was takign Michkov lmao.

Reinbacher was never in the plans.

Why would he do that? Wallinder wasn’t supposed to go until the 20’s, and he isn’t half the defenseman Reinbacher is. Nobody said they were stuck on one position. It’s the player, not the position.
14 janv. à 21 h 5
Why would he do that? Wallinder wasn’t supposed to go until the 20’s, and he isn’t half the defenseman Reinbacher is. Nobody said they were stuck on one position. It’s the player, not the position.

Saying WIllander isn't half the defenseman Rein is... that's almost as much of a reach as drafting Rein at 5.

We've lost the plot. Nashville wasn't shooting for Rein. You can believe otherwise but it's just an outsiders opinion.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 janv. à 21 h 21
Saying WIllander isn't half the defenseman Rein is... that's almost as much of a reach as drafting Rein at 5.

We've lost the plot. Nashville wasn't shooting for Rein. You can believe otherwise but it's just an outsiders opinion.

I don't know why it's so important to believe NSH was trying to trade up for him anyway. Maybe if a Habs fan was unsure MTL made the right choice, it's comforting to think a team with a reputation for producing dmen wanted him that badly? Otherwise, why would it matter to them?
Ennis a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage