Forums/Armchair-GM

Treliving sucks

Créé par: RipNasty
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 4 janv. 2024
Publié: 4 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Should have signed Willy in the off season for as close to 10 (hopefully under) as possible. Instead he gets top dollar after being exactly as good as some predicted.

Klingberg
Reaves
Kampf
Domi

All poor signings that make too much or don't fit the system. Which is likely the biggest problem because the coach sucks. He didn't fire Keefe and has handed out more money to the core than his often criticized predecessor.

Go back to his past work and is anyone surprised? He's never been a good GM.

While I don't think Willy or Matthews new deals will ever be a problem (or not for 6-7 years if Willy signs for 8), his lack of real vision is apparent and signing whatever brand name player hits FA for way more than they should make. (Blake Coleman, Kadri etc) is only going to make TO less deep and far less flexible.

I'd say maybe he will surprise me and hire a better coach someday but we are talking about the guy who recently hired Sutter. He's a terrible GM working for an arrogant and seemingly meddling president who wants a yes man.
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $83 149 783 $0 $0 $350 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
843 333 $843 333 $
G
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 janv. à 19 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,158
Domi's been good dont know what your talking about lul

22 points for a 3c isnt bad production.

Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok: 59.1xgf% thats higher than the Matthews line btw

Klingberg = LTIR cap space who cares same with Reaves rn

Kampf meh good penalty killing 4c. We saw what happened when he was a HS

Jones and Benoit also good

In general the one issue has been defense add a top 4 RD and play like they have on the Cali trip those numbers go up

Also your argument for FA is silly as in FA everyone gets to much thats how it works. But rn Coleman is worth every cent of that deal the way hes playing rn. Same with Kadri.
SomeonesOffended a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 19 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 448
Kampf, Reaves, Klingberg, and Samsonov’s money could’ve landed us Talbot, Sprong, Duchene, Acciari, and Soucy ON TOP of Bertuzzi and Domi
SwarmChair a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 19 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,158
Quoting: HShockey
Kampf, Reaves, Klingberg, and Samsonov’s money could’ve landed us Talbot, Sprong, Duchene, Acciari, and Soucy ON TOP of Bertuzzi and Domi

Acciari wanted to go with Dubas so he wasnt happening

Talbot is a product of a very good defensive team in front of him (1st in NHL) would have probs had OTT numbers here.

Soucy is a LD had 0 need for that considering Rielly, McCabe, Giordano

Sprong is basically a guy who puts up points but teams dont want to settle on him.

Only guy of interest would be Duchene. But meh Bertuzzi and Domi have been fine

22 points for Domi is good for a 3c at 3m

Bertuzzi its the playoffs were waiting for with him. Hes on pace for 40 points and has looked next to JT 0 concern. Look at the pass he made to Jarnkrok and notice the brace. Imagine if he was 100% might be on pace for 70
SomeonesOffended et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 20 h 23
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 469
The demise of the Leafs will be Treliving. He will lose. Nylander the same way he lost Johnny Hockey. Then he will make some dumb trade to try to recover be sending Marner to some team for a bag of Magic Beans like he did with MK.

I feel for the Leaf Fans
4 janv. à 21 h 12
Mentions "j'aime": 244
Quoting: BadaBing
The demise of the Leafs will be Treliving. He will lose. Nylander the same way he lost Johnny Hockey. Then he will make some dumb trade to try to recover be sending Marner to some team for a bag of Magic Beans like he did with MK.

I feel for the Leaf Fans

You (a Habs fan) feels for us (Leaf fans) 🤯? Good one 😂😂😂
4 janv. à 21 h 19
Saskoiler for now
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,247
I agree that it will be a terrible idea for Tre to give Willy Ny 11 mil. But he didn’t really screw up with his off-season additions. Domi, Bertuzzi and Kampf have all been fine. The only bad additions are Klingberg and Reavo. But Klingberg is on LTIR and Reaves can be buried in the minors for 200k. So even those 2 are mistakes yes but not huge problems. And we have yet to see the value in the main reason that we picked up Bert and Domi: playoff depth scoring. Don’t forget these guys were on fire last playoffs. If they continue to score like they did last year it could mean the difference in advancing farther or not
4 janv. à 21 h 22
Treliving is far from perfect but neither was Dubas.
Klingberg F; terrible
Reaves E; Leafs needed physical presence but too much $ & term
Kampf C; slight overpay but excellent defensive cebter - off to a rough start but getting back & has track record
Domi B-; exactly as expected - very good offensively, nightmare defensively
Tre built an excellent d corps in Calgary; since he inherited an excellent forward corps - may be the perfect marriage.
I say he needs time - weird to me that you can so firmly close the book on him ~40% through his 1st season when Leafs are in relatively good position.
SomeonesOffended, Saskleaf et Juice a aimé ceci.
4 janv. à 22 h 27
Quoting: aadoyle

Talbot is a product of a very good defensive team in front of him (1st in NHL) would have probs had OTT numbers here.

Sprong is basically a guy who puts up points but teams dont want to settle on him.

Bertuzzi its the playoffs were waiting for with him. Hes on pace for 40 points and has looked next to JT 0 concern. Look at the pass he made to Jarnkrok and notice the brace. Imagine if he was 100% might be on pace for 70

Not saying they land all 5, but just emphasizing what we could have done with all that salary cap. We could add those guys ON top of Bert and Domi if they all wanted to sign. Reaves, Kampf, Klingberg, and Samsonov are literally the worst way possible to spend 11.5 million
4 janv. à 22 h 29
Quoting: BadaBing

I feel for the Leaf Fans

The Leafs are about to sign Nylander LMAO. Friedman said it could be done by THIS WEEK..

If I were the Habs I would focus on my own team, don’t have a franchise goaltender to bail them from not having a superstar
5 janv. à 1 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,169
Quoting: HShockey
Not saying they land all 5, but just emphasizing what we could have done with all that salary cap. We could add those guys ON top of Bert and Domi if they all wanted to sign. Reaves, Kampf, Klingberg, and Samsonov are literally the worst way possible to spend 11.5 million

My main point is he could have been less had he not tried to get "tough" in the off season. Now you are paying more than you needed too
5 janv. à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rip
Quoting: MitchMafia
Treliving is far from perfect but neither was Dubas.
Klingberg F; terrible
Reaves E; Leafs needed physical presence but too much $ & term
Kampf C; slight overpay but excellent defensive cebter - off to a rough start but getting back & has track record
Domi B-; exactly as expected - very good offensively, nightmare defensively
Tre built an excellent d corps in Calgary; since he inherited an excellent forward corps - may be the perfect marriage.
I say he needs time - weird to me that you can so firmly close the book on him ~40% through his 1st season when Leafs are in relatively good position.

His excellent Blueline in Calgary has often not been good at defending. He's overrated as a GM. He didn't build a winner in Calgary.
5 janv. à 11 h 50
Quoting: RipNasty
His excellent Blueline in Calgary has often not been good at defending. He's overrated as a GM. He didn't build a winner in Calgary.

Lots of GM’s haven’t built a winner - only one per year. I think he deserves time; Dubas did a lot of good but a lot bad things
5 janv. à 11 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rip
Lots of GM’s haven’t built a winner - only one per year. I think he deserves time; Dubas did a lot of good but a lot bad things

It's hard to judge Dubas. Shanahan has been meddling for years. Until we learn what moves Shanahan declined or forced its hard to say
5 janv. à 12 h 32
It's hard to judge Dubas. Shanahan has been meddling for years. Until we learn what moves Shanahan declined or forced its hard to say

Same argument can be used with Tre then; I don’t think Shanahan was telling Dubas or is telling Tre what to do … that would make no sense. But everyone answers to someone eventually, except maybe Taylor Swift
5 janv. à 13 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Rip
Same argument can be used with Tre then; I don’t think Shanahan was telling Dubas or is telling Tre what to do … that would make no sense. But everyone answers to someone eventually, except maybe Taylor Swift

That has been talked about though. It's entirely why Dubas was let go. He wanted to streamline decision making so he could do his job without needing Shanahan's final word. Shanahan got rid of him after that. Apparently Dubas had a trade for Karlsson at last years deadline that didn't include a core player leaving and Shanahan didn't approve it. The word is he blocked several trades Dubas wanted to make and also forced others onto him. Since he fired a guy for wanting autonomy, do you think Treliving has autonomy? No chance.

So I will judge him on his past stuff and what's going on now. Although Shanahan definitely deserves blame as well.
5 janv. à 14 h 48
That has been talked about though. It's entirely why Dubas was let go. He wanted to streamline decision making so he could do his job without needing Shanahan's final word. Shanahan got rid of him after that. Apparently Dubas had a trade for Karlsson at last years deadline that didn't include a core player leaving and Shanahan didn't approve it. The word is he blocked several trades Dubas wanted to make and also forced others onto him. Since he fired a guy for wanting autonomy, do you think Treliving has autonomy? No chance.

So I will judge him on his past stuff and what's going on now. Although Shanahan definitely deserves blame as well.

Dubas has full authority in Pittsburgh and how is that going? Just seems like you’ve closed the book on Tre awfully early - he’s made some some bad, but some good moves and team is sitting in pretty good spot right now. We’ll see after TDL but I respect you have a right to your opinion
5 janv. à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rip
Dubas has full authority in Pittsburgh and how is that going? Just seems like you’ve closed the book on Tre awfully early - he’s made some some bad, but some good moves and team is sitting in pretty good spot right now. We’ll see after TDL but I respect you have a right to your opinion

Yeah things haven't looked great in Pittsburgh but at the same time there was a lot of bad management there for a bit. And Dubas has had to pick up the pieces a bit.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage