Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $82 025 000 $637 500 $0 $1 475 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 6
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
987 500 $987 500 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 oct. 2023 à 9 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,013
Quoting: OilednGreasy
All I did was put a link to their on ice numbers last season at 5v5 per 60 minutes of ice. The best way to compare players eliminating special teams , and TOI or games played differences. No contortion. If I were including special teams then Bouchards on ice numbers are even better.
But my original point and why I compared ALL the RD was that the Oilers are deeper at the position, so an Elite centre is probably more important to the team then another RD even if it is Makar, whom they can't afford.
Depth is not expressed in comparing one player to another or 2 to 2. You said Makar/Manson are better than Bouchard/Ceci contorting the argument away from depth, because again the Oilers also have Desharnais, Kemp, Wanner, and Akey. Who do the Avs have after Makar and Manson?
Yes Makar is better than Bouchard. The numbers I referenced show that still, but that isn't the argument and wasn't mine.

Please, if you want to argue at least take into account the premise, and everything the other person has said

Tough to respond to every single post in this thread when you replied to yourself 3x in a row, so I focused on a short little reply to the Makar/Bouchard comparison.

If you think the silver bullet that makes Edmonton’s RD better than Colorado’s is Vincent Desharnais and a bunch of random depth guys that won’t play in the NHL this year, I don’t know what to tell you. That is a very weak argument.

Those random depth guys don’t make up for the major gap of Makar being better than everyone on Edmonton’s D by a wide margin.

Makar is significantly better than Bouchard. Bouchard is really good. Makar is the best defenseman in the world.

I think people have been too hard on Ceci over his career (and maybe not hard enough on Manson). That said, I think both of those guys are a wash. Solid enough 4D options.

So I guess I don’t really understand your point here unless you’re making the argument that Bouchard=Makar. Which is why I responded to that message instead of one of your other three.
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 0
Wingsfan92
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 164
drai. very easily. second best player in the world. makar is 4th or 5th
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 1
Wingsfan92
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 164
you could also look at whos team would be hurt more if that trade happened.
OilednGreasy a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 202
Quoting: turtlemountain
I wasn’t accusing you of anything, I just figured that the argument you were making was so absurd that you were just messing around.

We can all contort advanced stats any way we want to fit a narrative but it you manage to contort it in a way where you are comparing Cale Makar to Evan Bouchard, you aren’t acting in good faith lmao.

All I did was put a link to their on ice numbers last season at 5v5 per 60 minutes of ice. The best way to compare players eliminating special teams , and TOI or games played differences. No contortion. If I were including special teams then Bouchards on ice numbers are even better.
But my original point and why I compared ALL the RD was that the Oilers are deeper at the position, so an Elite centre is probably more important to the team then another RD even if it is Makar, whom they can't afford.
Depth is not expressed in comparing one player to another or 2 to 2. You said Makar/Manson are better than Bouchard/Ceci contorting the argument away from depth, because again the Oilers also have Desharnais, Kemp, Wanner, and Akey. Who do the Avs have after Makar and Manson?
Yes Makar is better than Bouchard. The numbers I referenced show that still, but that isn't the argument and wasn't mine.

Please, if you want to argue at least take into account the premise, and everything the other person has said

But here you want mess around

Makar vs Bouchard All Strengths notice Makar starts and gets more faceoffs in the offensive zone, so is sheltered more.
Get rid of per 60, they were close in TOI https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playercompare.php?fromseason=20222023&thruseason=20222023&stype=2&sit=all&score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=n&p1=8480803&p2=8480069&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single
Total offence 5v5 Makar vs Bouchard 5v5 offence but Bouchard played more 5v5
So, per 60 Makar vs Bouchard/60 5v5 offence
PP Totals
Makar vs Bouchard PP on ice Makar vs Bouchard PP offence notice Makar has more TOI in less games, sheltered again. But Makar did have more PK too
So, Makar vs Bouchard/60 PK on ice wonder which team had better goaltending.
Who were they most paired with last season; Toews/Makar, and rookie Broberg/Bouchard

What does all this mean? I don't care. Because my argument was Drai can't be compared to Makar, but IMO the Oilers would be worse without Leon and with Makar than vice versa
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 15
But here you want mess around

Makar vs Bouchard All Strengths notice Makar starts and gets more faceoffs in the offensive zone, so is sheltered more.
Get rid of per 60, they were close in TOI https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playercompare.php?fromseason=20222023&thruseason=20222023&stype=2&sit=all&score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=n&p1=8480803&p2=8480069&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single
Total offence 5v5 Makar vs Bouchard 5v5 offence but Bouchard played more 5v5
So, per 60 Makar vs Bouchard/60 5v5 offence
PP Totals
Makar vs Bouchard PP on ice Makar vs Bouchard PP offence notice Makar has more TOI in less games, sheltered again. But Makar did have more PK too
So, Makar vs Bouchard/60 PK on ice wonder which team had better goaltending.
Who were they most paired with last season; Toews/Makar, and rookie Broberg/Bouchard

What does all this mean? I don't care. Because my argument was Drai can't be compared to Makar, but IMO the Oilers would be worse without Leon and with Makar than vice versa

We are going in circles and you proved my point. You are arguing that Bouchard is comparable to Makar. That is why I thought you were trolling. Bouchard is good! He’s not Cale Makar.
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 18
Modifié 12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 41. Raison: typo!
Quoting: C_LGRW71
you could also look at whos team would be hurt more if that trade happened.

I think the Oilers would improve more tbh. We all saw how they unlocked a different level once they acquired Ekholm. You would still have McDavid at 1C and RNH, a guy who just put up 100 pts at 2C. Then a top pairing of Ekholm-Makar? Disgusting.

Thinking about the power play gets me excited for the next international competition. McDavid and Makar on the same unit would be incredible.
OilednGreasy a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2023 à 10 h 27
Modifié 12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 20
I think the Oilers would improve more tbh. We all saw how they unlocked a different level once they acquired Ekholm. You would still have McDavid at 1C and RNH, a guy who just put up 100 pts at 2C. Than a top pairing of Ekholm-Makar? Disgusting.

Thinking about the power play gets me excited for the next international competition. McDavid and Makar on the same unit would be incredible.

Nuge plays LW mostly now, so hard to say.

Team Canada would be unreal right now agreed. Probably the rest of the world keeping NHLers out of international competition lol
12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 7
Modifié 12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 30
I’m here responding to a discussion on hockey and you jump into sexism? Garbage post.

I've gotten you and the original person I was having a discussion with confused in all this lol. But the facts remain. I was comparing all of the Oilers RD to the Avalanches, not just Makar and Bouchard
12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 40
I've gotten you and the original person I was having a discussion with confused in all this lol. But the facts remain. I was comparing all of the Oilers RD to the Avalanches, not just Makar and Bouchard

You missed the point.

As @Fail4Nail said at the very beginning of this whole thing: Makar and Manson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bouch and Ceci

I responded a few times to your argument that the RD depth for the Avs is worse, but I can summarize for you.

Makar >>>>>>>>> Bouchard
Manson =/= Ceci

Then you keep coming back to depth defenseman and referencing Vincent Desharnais and a bunch of AHL guys. Calling your 8th and 9th defensemen an upgrade over guys like Sam Malinski et al is a weak argument, especially considering the magnitude of the gap at the top of the depth.

We could keep going on this, but I’m worried that responding another time might awaken you like a sexism sleeper cell again.
12 oct. 2023 à 11 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,081
You gotta take Makar right? Drai is amazing but it's hard to see him quite as successful away from McDavid. Just look at how all the forwards around him have insane years.
12 oct. 2023 à 12 h 0
Modifié 12 oct. 2023 à 12 h 14
You missed the point.

As Fail4Nail said at the very beginning of this whole thing: Makar and Manson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bouch and Ceci

I responded a few times to your argument that the RD depth for the Avs is worse, but I can summarize for you.

Makar >>>>>>>>> Bouchard
Manson =/= Ceci

Then you keep coming back to depth defenseman and referencing Vincent Desharnais and a bunch of AHL guys. Calling your 8th and 9th defensemen an upgrade over guys like Sam Malinski et al is a weak argument, especially considering the magnitude of the gap at the top of the depth.

We could keep going on this, but I’m worried that responding another time might awaken you like a sexism sleeper cell again.

Quit with the sexism lol. Was making a joke. You're still cherry pickin.

Agreed. Makar better, but not more better compared to Bouchard than Draisaitl is compared to McLeod IMO

Disagree. Ceci better, Mansons hurt to much

= so far

and the most important part and what depth means is Desharnais and possibly Kemp are better than any player the Avs have to put on the right side on the 3rd pair without making their other pairings worse

Also Wanner and Akey are better than Malinski and Clurman IMO. Because depth, and depth, and because the argument was about depth.

The * is you gotta give Toews some credit for Makars success and yes Bouchard got to play with Ekholm, but he played more with rookie Philip Broberg last season
12 oct. 2023 à 19 h 56
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,102
Quoting: PurpleHippo
I've watched every single game and playoff run of the Oilers besides a few games here or there each year.
Makar is a slight bit better, extremely hard to compare as one is a RD and the other is a C so I can understand the difference in opinion we have.

I see the argument about Draisitl being a center a lot but he does play with McDavid close to 40% of his ice time (by last years most common linemates), with McDavid on the same team imo it would be a pretty easy decision to take Makar over him, just like COL having MacKinnon would take Makar over him.
13 oct. 2023 à 10 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 236
Quoting: Xqb15a
I see the argument about Draisitl being a center a lot but he does play with McDavid close to 40% of his ice time (by last years most common linemates), with McDavid on the same team imo it would be a pretty easy decision to take Makar over him, just like COL having MacKinnon would take Makar over him.

It's really hard to compare the two of them, the situations they're each in, position they play and their massively different play styles make it impossible to make great comparisons.

Drai is a better passer, shooter and can control the game in the offensive zone better.
Makar is a better defender (in transition and in zone), better puck carrier and has elite skating which helps in zone offense.

It's really just take your pick at what you value more in a player, for me its the skating and defense Makar has; for others maybe its Drai's elite scoring ability.
They're too close for either decision to really be wrong.
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2023 à 11 h 51
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,102
Quoting: PurpleHippo
It's really hard to compare the two of them, the situations they're each in, position they play and their massively different play styles make it impossible to make great comparisons.

Drai is a better passer, shooter and can control the game in the offensive zone better.
Makar is a better defender (in transition and in zone), better puck carrier and has elite skating which helps in zone offense.

It's really just take your pick at what you value more in a player, for me its the skating and defense Makar has; for others maybe its Drai's elite scoring ability.
They're too close for either decision to really be wrong.

I wouldn’t say Draisitl is better passer or shooter at all, they do their work in the offensive zone at different place. Draisitl is a beast on the half wall and in the “forward” type area, but there are guys as good as him in those areas granted they’re the best players in the world like MacKinnon. Makar is a straight up unicorn for his offensive work from the blue line there is nobody that does what he does there. But yeah comparisons are hard the absolute consensus though is you’re talking about 2 of the 5 best players on the planet according to everybody.
13 oct. 2023 à 14 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 236
Quoting: Xqb15a
I wouldn’t say Draisitl is better passer or shooter at all, they do their work in the offensive zone at different place. Draisitl is a beast on the half wall and in the “forward” type area, but there are guys as good as him in those areas granted they’re the best players in the world like MacKinnon. Makar is a straight up unicorn for his offensive work from the blue line there is nobody that does what he does there. But yeah comparisons are hard the absolute consensus though is you’re talking about 2 of the 5 best players on the planet according to everybody.

Agreed on pretty much everything above, Makar's elite edgework makes him a must watch nightly and makes him extremely effective in the O-zone (along with everywhere else on the ice).
Credit where its due though, Drai is the best passer in the league and his shot is better than Makar's, not to say Makar isn't elite in either of these categories.
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage