SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-24 NHL Season Discussion Thread #1: Here we Go!

29 oct. 2023 à 20 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,019
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Noah Hanifin, you are a Toronto Maple Leaf

I think more so Zadorov or Tanev or potentially both if the deal's right

I feel Hanafin is going to be moved to the USA

Besides

Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Tanev
Zadorov-Liligren

Is better
29 oct. 2023 à 21 h 20
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
why is Nickleback doing a cover of saturday night is alright for fighting on a sunday night
zk97 a aimé ceci.
29 oct. 2023 à 21 h 55
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
Quoting: oilersguy
why is Nickleback doing a cover of saturday night is alright for fighting on a sunday night

Because the league doesn’t give a **** what you choose to preform, as long as it’s something they don’t care
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
29 oct. 2023 à 22 h 1
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Evander Kane the POS, celly's for tipping a goal he was nowhere near and robs Desharnais of his 1st celly-in-the-moment!
He 100% knew he did not tip it, but took it anyway.
POS
Eissportclub a aimé ceci.
29 oct. 2023 à 22 h 6
I make typos
did anyone on the bench tell Vinny he scored his first NHL goal lol
29 oct. 2023 à 22 h 9
I make typos
so glad the Oilers didn't crap the bed for this game
29 oct. 2023 à 22 h 18
Master of Bloodsport
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 177
Quoting: yikes
Vlasic really said "ima take a shot on net from our red line" -> icing leads to Caps goal.

The sharks were horrendous in that third, even as an opposing fan it was tough to watch
29 oct. 2023 à 23 h 8
Hakuna Matata
CGY needs to sit and think about the remainder of this season as from what I have seen they are missing something to truly be competitive. That is a legit superstar center.

Now there is also Markstrom but thats a different manner

If a superstar like we saw with Eichel becomes available they should look into acquiring said player but rn I dont see anyone

So then we lean towards path 2 retool/build

That may be the path Flames should take

Sell Lindholm and Hanafin for a haul then get what you can for pending UFA'S like Zadorov and Tanev
HockeyScotty a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2023 à 7 h 58
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
in the last 26 games connor brown has played.

he has only recorded 2 points
30 oct. 2023 à 13 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 964
Modifié 30 oct. 2023 à 14 h 7
Quoting: aadoyle
CGY needs to sit and think about the remainder of this season as from what I have seen they are missing something to truly be competitive. That is a legit superstar center.

If a superstar like we saw with Eichel becomes available they should look into acquiring said player but rn I dont see anyone

Sell Lindholm and Hanafin for a haul then get what you can for pending UFA'S like Zadorov and Tanev

Do you think Nylander could be that guy? If so, it seems like Flames have pieces that the Leafs need/want

Otherwise Buffalo has Mittlestadt that might be an option as he is blocked out of being top 6 center there. And they need help on blueline more than forwards

Maybe Shane Wright from Kraken.

Morgan Frost from Philly but he is more 2C/3C
30 oct. 2023 à 14 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Do you think Nylander could be that guy? If so, it seems like Flames have pieces that the Leafs need/want

Otherwise Buffalo has Mittlestadt that might be an option as he is blocked out of being top 6 center there

I dont see either guy as the solution.

Nylander would help a bit but I feel production would drop in CGY.

To me they need to find a superstar 1C someone to drive play and push Lindholm down to 2C and go from there

Toronto has Matthews with 2c being Tavares
Edmonton has McDaivd with 2c being Draisaitl
Vancouver has Petterson with 2c being Miller

CGY dont got that guy. Rn yes they using Kadri but he aint it either and with no option via trade or FA I think a retool or build might be in order. Which sucks as they have the pieces to build around a star C but they dont have him nor is one available
30 oct. 2023 à 15 h 7
I dont see either guy as the solution.

Nylander would help a bit but I feel production would drop in CGY.

To me they need to find a superstar 1C someone to drive play and push Lindholm down to 2C and go from there

Toronto has Matthews with 2c being Tavares
Edmonton has McDaivd with 2c being Draisaitl
Vancouver has Petterson with 2c being Miller

CGY dont got that guy. Rn yes they using Kadri but he aint it either and with no option via trade or FA I think a retool or build might be in order. Which sucks as they have the pieces to build around a star C but they dont have him nor is one available

Yep all those examples the 1C stud you want was "homegrown" via tank/lottery pick. The good 2C could be had via trade (Tavares/Miller) but Calgary already did that to get Lindholm and Kadri.

Eichel was a rare situation; but it might repeat itself with Petterson. Maybe Calgary offers up something to get him now because I don't think they get in free agency if he leaves Vancouver
30 oct. 2023 à 15 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 30 oct. 2023 à 15 h 20
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yep all those examples the 1C stud you want was "homegrown" via tank/lottery pick. The good 2C could be had via trade (Tavares/Miller) but Calgary already did that to get Lindholm and Kadri.

Eichel was a rare situation; but it might repeat itself with Petterson. Maybe Calgary offers up something to get him now because I don't think they get in free agency if he leaves Vancouver

Maybe idk but they need to think fast what their plan is

But yea the lack of scoring and stuffs a problem

And while people go should not have traded Toffoli, yes but he was not gonna be a full time solution

They need that 1C superstar
30 oct. 2023 à 16 h 57
Maybe idk but they need to think fast what their plan is

But yea the lack of scoring and stuffs a problem

And while people go should not have traded Toffoli, yes but he was not gonna be a full time solution

Maybe get Stankoven from Stars; who could use D
30 oct. 2023 à 17 h 10
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455

I think this is the one piece that they must get from the draft. Everything else, at least in terms of prospects and players acquired via trading their current crop of UFAs, should look to address every other need the team has.

The RFA classes over the next two years don't inspire much in terms of elite #1C: the Flames could gamble on a Byfield offersheet, but he's the only player besides Pettersson that I'd put in that vaulted conversation. Johnson and McTavish are decent, but probably fall under the Lindholm category of "really good #2C".

The Flames post implosion should retain a really strong ass end to build out from: Andersson, Weegar, and Wolf (I'd strongly argue in favour of keeping Kylington too) gives Calgary a very strong core to build around and add to. Coronato, Honzek, Pelletier, and Zary should all be good middle-of-the-roster pieces. If they can find the impact forwards via development, draft, and trade, they'll be a nightmare to deal with in a few short years.
30 oct. 2023 à 17 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I think this is the one piece that they must get from the draft. Everything else, at least in terms of prospects and players acquired via trading their current crop of UFAs, should look to address every other need the team has.

The RFA classes over the next two years don't inspire much in terms of elite #1C: the Flames could gamble on a Byfield offersheet, but he's the only player besides Pettersson that I'd put in that vaulted conversation. Johnson and McTavish are decent, but probably fall under the Lindholm category of "really good #2C".

The Flames post implosion should retain a really strong ass end to build out from: Andersson, Weegar, and Wolf (I'd strongly argue in favour of keeping Kylington too) gives Calgary a very strong core to build around and add to. Coronato, Honzek, Pelletier, and Zary should all be good middle-of-the-roster pieces. If they can find the impact forwards via development, draft, and trade, they'll be a nightmare to deal with in a few short years.

Agreed, either draft or trade

Like as we saw it can happen (like Eichel) but its rare

To me rn they need to go the retool route but lets see

Maybe they make us all look dumb and in Nov or Dec go perfect

Still super early

But yea as of now retool is the direction I see
30 oct. 2023 à 19 h 23
I make typos
Quoting: McGruff
Evander Kane the POS, celly's for tipping a goal he was nowhere near and robs Desharnais of his 1st celly-in-the-moment!
He 100% knew he did not tip it, but took it anyway.
POS

Desharnais said that Kane came up to him after the game was scored and said he didn't think he actually tipped it and if you watch the replay of the goal Kane barely cellyed and it seems like everyone really thought he tipped it
30 oct. 2023 à 19 h 42
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,702
Quoting: oilersguy
Desharnais said that Kane came up to him after the game was scored and said he didn't think he actually tipped it and if you watch the replay of the goal Kane barely cellyed and it seems like everyone really thought he tipped it

A player knows if they tip it, they feel it.
Especially a goal scorer and that type of knuckle-shot will be detected.

If he claims he didn't "know", a good teammate immediately points to the shooter (the D-Man 100%) and let him get some glory/1st puck keepsake.
He didn't and that is his character in a nutshell (tiger doesn't change his stripes).

Glad Desharnais is a good sport at least...
30 oct. 2023 à 20 h 44
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
Anaheim got absolutely screwed by the refs.
30 oct. 2023 à 20 h 57
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: edeangel84
Anaheim got absolutely screwed by the refs.

can't recall a time a coach got ejected
30 oct. 2023 à 20 h 58
JimmyPaek
Quoting: mondo

Mike Keenan definitely did but that was ages ago.
30 oct. 2023 à 22 h 43
JimmyPaek
Anyone know where I can find slot pass percentages for each tram? I saw some analytics on the Oilers and wanted to see just how bad the Pens have been at giving up slot passes.
30 oct. 2023 à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo

I swear Keefe got ejected at least once

Or was he penalized
31 oct. 2023 à 0 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Carcone is such a great story. Very happy for him. Wanted him to be the late-bloomer, but expected he'd be a 13th forward. Hopefully he keeps it up.
capsfan2121 et Joel_N a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2023 à 1 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

I thought Calgary fans where glad they got Hubby and Weegar instead of Eichel for Tkachuk. They where so sure to let us buffalo fans know that he wasn't that good.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage