Forums/Armchair-GM

IF Vancouver had to trade EP

Créé par: Reason
Équipe: 2024-25 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 1 sept. 2023
Publié: 1 sept. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'll be clear, I don't think Vancouver should OR will move EP. However, if he refused to sign this is the type of deal I would consider. Columbus fans will probably balk at this, but Columbus wants to compete now and are missing a #1 center. Fantilli likely becomes a 1C but it may not be for a few years, and in EP they not only get a 1C they get an already established 24 year old franchise center, arguably the hardest piece to find in the NHL. Vancouver gets a future 1C and someone that could possibly also one day become a franchise center, they also get what is likely to be a mid'ish 1st round pick.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 200 000 $
2950 000 $
86 500 000 $
2950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 250 000 $
2900 000 $
26 000 000 $
78 000 000 $
11 500 000 $
22 750 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Fantilli, Adam
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Pettersson, Elias [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $83 496 667 $0 $3 200 000 $3 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 200 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG
UFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
RFA
950 000 $950 000 $
G
RFA
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 4
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,456
I dont think Columbus trades Fantilli at all tbh
1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 9
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,312
Fantilli being outspoken about his desire to be drafted by Columbus and the group of Michigan guys that they've assembled pretty much makes him untradeable for the foreseeable future.
canucksfan43, Patches et CaseyFlyman a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 732
Quoting: canucksfan43
I dont think Columbus trades Fantilli at all tbh

Quoting: dk325
Fantilli being outspoken about his desire to be drafted by Columbus and the group of Michigan guys that they've assembled pretty much makes him untradeable for the foreseeable future.

I think there are few players they would consider moving Fantilli for but if EP were available and willing to sign long term in Columbus (no guarantees) then I think it's a possibility. The hope for Fantilli is that he becomes an EP (franchise center), and EP will only be 25.
Personally as a Vancouver fan I would rather have the sure thing 25 year old, exciting franchise center in EP over a likely #1 center that has potential to become a franchise center. I would only make this trade from Vancouver standpoint if it was clear EP would not be resigning.
1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 130
Fantilli and Jiricek are pretty much off the table unless it is McDavid coming to town. Might be a slight exaggeration, but I really don't see any scenario in which they are moved. Columbus offer, assuming Petterson wants out and would sign long term in Columbus, would be something like the following:

Johnson
2024 1st
Sillinger / Boqvist
Cuelemans / Matechyuk
CaseyFlyman a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 14 h 49
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,843
First, Vancouver doesn't HAVE to trade Pettersson. He's under contract for one more year, and then is a RFA, so the Canucks really have control of him for two years.
No matter how you looking at the trade, at least right now Pettersson has two years of control to any team that has him, so from that view it's a big overpayment by CBJ.
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
First, Vancouver doesn't HAVE to trade Pettersson. He's under contract for one more year, and then is a RFA, so the Canucks really have control of him for two years.
No matter how you looking at the trade, at least right now Pettersson has two years of control to any team that has him, so from that view it's a big overpayment by CBJ.

I never said they HAD to trade anyone, I said IF he refuses to sign long term. I think it's unlikely that EP doesn't sign long term in Vancouver, I also think it's unlikely Vancouver waits until the end of his RFA status to move him if he's unwilling to extend before hand. Obviously no team is going to pay the assets that Vancouver would want for EP unless he is signed long term... which is why I said in my last comment that EP would have to be willing to sign long term in Columbus. If you followed the criteria of this hypothetical situation and still believe it's an overpayment then you and I disagree.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: hopefullynextyear
Fantilli and Jiricek are pretty much off the table unless it is McDavid coming to town. Might be a slight exaggeration, but I really don't see any scenario in which they are moved. Columbus offer, assuming Petterson wants out and would sign long term in Columbus, would be something like the following:

Johnson
2024 1st
Sillinger / Boqvist
Cuelemans / Matechyuk

I mean that's not the worst offer I have seen for EP, but I would assume that gets beat if he were on the market and willing to sign long term with an acquiring team.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 13
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,843
Quoting: Reason
I never said they HAD to trade anyone, I said IF he refuses to sign long term. I think it's unlikely that EP doesn't sign long term in Vancouver, I also think it's unlikely Vancouver waits until the end of his RFA status to move him if he's unwilling to extend before hand. Obviously no team is going to pay the assets that Vancouver would want for EP unless he is signed long term... which is why I said in my last comment that EP would have to be willing to sign long term in Columbus. If you followed the criteria of this hypothetical situation and still believe it's an overpayment then you and I disagree.

"IF Vancouver had to trade EP". Sorry that was your title. But even if not willing to sign long term with the Canucks, that isn't necessarily a reason to trade him. Lots of teams have upcoming UFA and some good ones, but they don't feel obliged to trade them.
Gee, so many Leaf fans are in a panic because Nylander hasn't been resigned, and they think he HAS to be traded for that reason. Gee, Bertuzzi, Domi, Samsonov, Klingberg are in the same situation and I see no panic for those guys to be traded.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 130
I mean that's not the worst offer I have seen for EP, but I would assume that gets beat if he were on the market and willing to sign long term with an acquiring team.

If Sillinger rebounds like I am expecting him to after a sophomore slump, then I think this is one of the better offers that will be available, unless something like the Laine - PLD swap happens again. If no other star is demanding out, then I think this offer has to be competitive.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
"IF Vancouver had to trade EP". Sorry that was your title. But even if not willing to sign long term with the Canucks, that isn't necessarily a reason to trade him. Lots of teams have upcoming UFA and some good ones, but they don't feel obliged to trade them.
Gee, so many Leaf fans are in a panic because Nylander hasn't been resigned, and they think he HAS to be traded for that reason. Gee, Bertuzzi, Domi, Samsonov, Klingberg are in the same situation and I see no panic for those guys to be traded.

Just to be clear, as I have already stated multiple times, I don’t think Vancouver should trade EP and I don’t think that they do trade EP, I’m saying in the hypothetical situation where he refuses to resign, which I DONT think he will, then this is the type of trade I would be interested in. No need to try and twist the narrative here.
1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 1 sept. 2023 à 15 h 34
Quoting: hopefullynextyear
If Sillinger rebounds like I am expecting him to after a sophomore slump, then I think this is one of the better offers that will be available, unless something like the Laine - PLD swap happens again. If no other star is demanding out, then I think this offer has to be competitive.

I actually don't think the value of your proposal is all that far off, I actually think your value is comparable to the trade I posted. The difference is I think Vancouver would want and should target a player that projects as highly likely to turn into a 1C. Vancouvers best C prospect is Raaty and he likely turns into a bottom six center, and since this team refuses to rebuild it may be a very long time before they draft a player with highly probable 1C upside.
1 sept. 2023 à 16 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 115
I actually don't think the value of your proposal is all that far off, I actually think your value is comparable to the trade I posted. The difference is I think Vancouver would want and should target a player that projects as highly likely to turn into a 1C. Vancouvers best C prospect is Raaty and he likely turns into a bottom six center, and since this team refuses to rebuild it may be a very long time before they draft a player with highly probable 1C upside.

The question is would an ANA CHI CBJ NJD SEA or MTL be willing to give up that young 1C or would they want to sit on their eggs and wait for them to hatch?
palhal a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 17 h 23
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,208
I ain't buying it.
1 sept. 2023 à 17 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bricher33
The question is would an ANA CHI CBJ NJD SEA or MTL be willing to give up that young 1C or would they want to sit on their eggs and wait for them to hatch?

Of course that's the question, and I think it depends on the team. A team like Columbus that wants to compete now and is really only a 1C away from being a good bet to make the playoffs probably seriously considers it. From a value perspective I think it's pretty solid for Columbus. As said earlier the hope is for Fantilli to become a franchise center, EP is already one so unless Fantilli becomes a top 3 center in the league it's highly unlikely Columbus loses this trade as many already have EP as a top 5 center, at worst he's a top 10, in my opinion it's Vancouver taking the risk in this deal.

I don't think ANA, CHI or MTL are quite there yet, NJD are already well positioned at C and a sure bet to make the playoffs, SEA may be an option.
1 sept. 2023 à 17 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Vancity2196
I ain't buying it.

I hope Vancouver ain't selling it! (it being EP, and I think it's unlikely they do).
1 sept. 2023 à 18 h 12
Of course that's the question, and I think it depends on the team. A team like Columbus that wants to compete now and is really only a 1C away from being a good bet to make the playoffs probably seriously considers it. From a value perspective I think it's pretty solid for Columbus. As said earlier the hope is for Fantilli to become a franchise center, EP is already one so unless Fantilli becomes a top 3 center in the league it's highly unlikely Columbus loses this trade as many already have EP as a top 5 center, at worst he's a top 10, in my opinion it's Vancouver taking the risk in this deal. Maybe DAL with johnson to push them forward.

I don't think ANA, CHI or MTL are quite there yet, NJD are already well positioned at C and a sure bet to make the playoffs, SEA may be an option.

Columbus i think is going to be more patient. Fantilli has a higher ceiling than Petty and Jarmo is willing to wait. Fantilli's timeline fits well into the timeline for the rest of our prospects to so i don't think the jackets would bite. I'm trying to think of another team with a young C that would be willing to make this move and the only one i can come up with would be SEA maybe with Bernie but I'm not even sure there.
Reason et CaseyFlyman a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2023 à 18 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bricher33
Columbus i think is going to be more patient. Fantilli has a higher ceiling than Petty and Jarmo is willing to wait. Fantilli's timeline fits well into the timeline for the rest of our prospects to so i don't think the jackets would bite. I'm trying to think of another team with a young C that would be willing to make this move and the only one i can come up with would be SEA maybe with Bernie but I'm not even sure there.

I mean I respect your opinion and appreciate you stating it respectfully. I disagree Fantilli has a higher ceiling than EP, but I do think he has just as high a ceiling, it's just he's not guaranteed to get there where EP is already there.
1 sept. 2023 à 18 h 41
I mean I respect your opinion and appreciate you stating it respectfully. I disagree Fantilli has a higher ceiling than EP, but I do think he has just as high a ceiling, it's just he's not guaranteed to get there where EP is already there.

My only problem is that Petty has had one season over a ppg. Do i think he does it again this year. more likely than not but Fantilli plus another first is a lot of future to leverage for one guy. Now maybe petty goes out and puts up mcjesus numbers this year and i eat a whole big helping of crow but my personal spot is to hold Fantilli and hopefully get so nice solid years out of him a dirt floor cap hit. That pick i am hoping is in the 16-20 range so its not a big hangout but it's still a first. I think the jackets should sit pretty for a year or two and see whos going to be what before they start making moves like this.
1 sept. 2023 à 18 h 48

Also I am in this for the long haul. I don't want a flash in the pan make a run team. I want a tampa style horse thats going to be a problem for years and i think with the depth and timeframes we "should" be able to be bubble this season playoff's next into a true window the year after. With the youth we have on the team now and the potential we have in the A and in Jr's jarmo could be finally building a clydesdale.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage