Forums/Armchair-GM

If Petey forces his way out next summer

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2024-25 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 29 août 2023
Publié: 29 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
NGL this is the trade that makes the most sense to me league wide.
Star NHL ready prospect, top-6 local talent, and a (hopefully) late 1st to finally get that 1C and accelerate the rebuild as CBJ seems intent on doing.
VAN really seems intent on getting RHD, and this ensures they finally get it as well as a forward to 'replace' Petey. Everyone being NHL ready helps smooth things over with the fanbase and owner.

CBJ still has the players, prospects, and cap space to fill out the roster.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
811 000 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Pettersson, Elias [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Jiricek, David
  2. Johnson, Kent [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CBJ)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de VGK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1287 500 000 $65 650 000 $0 $3 200 000 $21 850 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 8
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 200 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 août 2023 à 8 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,679
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I thought Petey said he wanted to win?????

I mentioned it on page 1, but i think by next year we could see CBJ being considered a team on the upswing. Could incentivise Petey more than his other realistic options (OTT, MTL, DET, Etc)
30 août 2023 à 9 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,642
Quoting: Random2152
Lol
If you want to know why I'm not being particularly engaging with you, one reason is because you assume that the 2025 pick is going to be a lotto pick.
2025. A pick I specifically slated out as a late pick.

If you (and that other poster) can't even get on the right page - there is no discussion to be had. So get off your high horse

What you said is: "a (hopefully) late 1st" which is a scenario that I think the majority of people don't believe is likely as they have entirely too many strong teams ahead of them- which would strike me as the most likely impetus for making a trade such as this one. However, that's a fair counter as I set the tone by engaging with the implication that your assumptions were off-base. However, you're the one who chose to engage in a combative way so I'll stay on that particular "high horse" wink

Since it seems you think I engaged in bad faith, allow me to reframe the questions earlier:

Could you elaborate on why a package of Johnson (~60pt season next year), Sillinger (what do you think is a reasonable expectation for him?), Boqvist/Mateychuk (would you prefer a package w/ Mateychuk?), and a 1st (let's cut right down the middle and say it ends up ~18 or 19, fair?) wouldn't be acceptable to you as a return for Petey (assuming another season of ~100pts) if he demanded a trade out of VAN? Are you of the mind that it would absolutely have to include Jiricek? To reject such a trade, you'd have to think they could get better from another team, in which case, what's an example of a better package you think VAN could get in such a situation?
Civil_Eng_PE et Bricher33 a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 9 h 24
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
Quoting: Bricher33
Just to prove my expertise i did call the Provo trade wayyy back. lol

For this site sure why not. I think that’s the bar you have to clear. I think my level of delusion is only a half step above reality unlike some others cough cough leafs fans cough cough flyers fans chough. Damn had to clear something out of my throat.
30 août 2023 à 9 h 26
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 117
Quoting: SupremeBone
What you said is: "a (hopefully) late 1st" which is a scenario that I think the majority of people don't believe is likely as they have entirely too many strong teams ahead of them- which would strike me as the most likely impetus for making a trade such as this one. However, that's a fair counter as I set the tone by engaging with the implication that your assumptions were off-base. However, you're the one who chose to engage in a combative way so I'll stay on that particular "high horse" wink

Since it seems you think I engaged in bad faith, allow me to reframe the questions earlier:

Could you elaborate on why a package of Johnson (~60pt season next year), Sillinger (what do you think is a reasonable expectation for him?), Boqvist/Mateychuk (would you prefer a package w/ Mateychuk?), and a 1st (let's cut right down the middle and say it ends up ~18 or 19, fair?) wouldn't be acceptable to you as a return for Petey (assuming another season of ~100pts) if he demanded a trade out of VAN? Are you of the mind that it would absolutely have to include Jiricek? To reject such a trade, you'd have to think they could get better from another team, in which case, what's an example of a better package you think VAN could get in such a situation?

You might have just become my favorite person for a day.
30 août 2023 à 10 h 21
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,069
I mentioned it on page 1, but i think by next year we could see CBJ being considered a team on the upswing. Could incentivise Petey more than his other realistic options (OTT, MTL, DET, Etc)

but is CBJ better than NYR, NYI, CAR, NJD? And teams likely fighting for a wildcard spot: BUF, DET, BOS, FLO?
30 août 2023 à 10 h 52
Indy
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 296
Quoting: remowilliams
After all the so called experts on here with their Peety trades and views.One thing is certain.HE s a Canuck loves the city the team and has NEVER said he wants to go any where.This trade B.S. is fuelled by other fans with little knowledge of the facts.All the made up theories are just that Baseless wild guesses.JUST like the rest of us on here no one REALLY knows what will REALLY happen.Just my opinion.

It’s obvious what’s going on here look at his agent. The team had a poor showing last year, he’s in major contract year for the bag and the cap should be going up by a significant amount. This is a ploy to maximize his paycheck for the next 8 years by crushing the organization down with the fear if they lose him they have to do a hard reset for the next 4-5 years and that Vancouver’s FO will need to pull out the checkbook.
Civil_Eng_PE a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 10 h 56
not a he )
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,620
Quoting: Indy
It’s obvious what’s going on here look at his agent. The team had a poor showing last year, he’s in major contract year for the bag and the cap should be going up by a significant amount. This is a ploy to maximize his paycheck for the next 8 years by crushing the organization down with the fear if they lose him they have to do a hard reset for the next 4-5 years and that Vancouver’s FO will need to pull out the checkbook.

I wouldn't touch a Brisson client if I was a GM, no matter who that player is. It makes me pretty damn nervous about Fantilli.
30 août 2023 à 11 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,174
Quoting: Indy

OMG I rest my case.
30 août 2023 à 11 h 4
Indy
Quoting: squashmaple
I wouldn't touch a Brisson client if I was a GM, no matter who that player is. It makes me pretty damn nervous about Fantilli.

I am not because Z fired him eventually. I got a feeling that if push comes to shove that Fantilli will probably lean more on expertise from Michigan Alumni. He seems more of the type of guy that takes consensus than 1 person based on his media snippets (and that seems very Italian based decision making too).
30 août 2023 à 11 h 10
Indy
Quoting: remowilliams
OMG I rest my case.

Brisson is gonna Brisson ... Granted its summer and we are badly needing our fix so stupid **** like this is our contact high until we start hitting the real good stuff in 4 weeks
remowilliams a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 13 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
but is CBJ better than NYR, NYI, CAR, NJD? And teams likely fighting for a wildcard spot: BUF, DET, BOS, FLO?

For the most part, im not convinced those are options. Dont have the assets to return to vancouver
30 août 2023 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming

Well Vancouver seems to be on the hunt for RHD, and CBJs big advantage over 99% of other teams is DJ. I think it's likely he would be that must have piece.

The other prospects I just dont see moving the needle for a team like Vancouver enough to move a player of EP40 who is a top 5 player. The only 2 players in the league that i am certain are better are McDavid and Matthews (there are others you can absolutely argue, but its a range and close enough to not be worth arguing imo).

People who think it was a 1 year breakout arent paying attention to what hes actually been doing. Dont count beans for superstars.

Anyway I dont see KJ as being more than a top 6 option, and frankly he is more likely to end up a winger from what ive seen. While valuable (and needle moving), that is the kind of player you need to move to get a player of EP40 calibre.

If youve ever seen the distribution of talent in the NHL, superstars are worth every penny even over multiple 1st liners due to their massive excess value.

I also think you guys have KJ a vit overvalued in your heads. He isnt on DJ level, he is a level below. That, and petey i think is the crux of our value disagreement.

Late 1sts (19 works fine for me) are worthless. They get thrown around like candy because thats all theyre worth - but teams love to have them.

And I think if we go with the idea that CBJ improves this year, 19 with a player like Petey is perfectly attainable (thats like a 1st round elimination, maybe a lucky break and a 2nd round elimination). I feel thays reasonable
SupremeBone a aimé ceci.
30 août 2023 à 14 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,642
Well Vancouver seems to be on the hunt for RHD, and CBJs big advantage over 99% of other teams is DJ. I think it's likely he would be that must have piece.

The other prospects I just dont see moving the needle for a team like Vancouver enough to move a player of EP40 who is a top 5 player. The only 2 players in the league that i am certain are better are McDavid and Matthews (there are others you can absolutely argue, but its a range and close enough to not be worth arguing imo).

People who think it was a 1 year breakout arent paying attention to what hes actually been doing. Dont count beans for superstars.

Anyway I dont see KJ as being more than a top 6 option, and frankly he is more likely to end up a winger from what ive seen. While valuable (and needle moving), that is the kind of player you need to move to get a player of EP40 calibre.

If youve ever seen the distribution of talent in the NHL, superstars are worth every penny even over multiple 1st liners due to their massive excess value.

I also think you guys have KJ a vit overvalued in your heads. He isnt on DJ level, he is a level below. That, and petey i think is the crux of our value disagreement.

Late 1sts (19 works fine for me) are worthless. They get thrown around like candy because thats all theyre worth - but teams love to have them.

And I think if we go with the idea that CBJ improves this year, 19 with a player like Petey is perfectly attainable (thats like a 1st round elimination, maybe a lucky break and a 2nd round elimination). I feel thays reasonable

Hmm, fair enough. I think people see Johnson's puck skills and expect a lot from offensively (ala. Zegras) even if such expectations may not be warranted. However, he's a top-5 pick that just scored 40 points as a 20yr old rookie so there's some cause for hype.

I have Jiricek as well ahead of Johnson in terms of value but I can understand how the framing could've suggested I viewed them as a 1-to-1 comparison so I don't think that's where our disagreement lies. I think it's more in how one should value Boqvist (I think highly of him, but his injuries hurt his stock) and how one would value Pettersson relative to Eichel as he'd be the closest recent comparable. I agree that he should be worth more, but how much is the question. Assuming he follows up last year with another 100pt season then probably a decent chunk more.

Worth noting that I'm always told I undervalue the kind of return McDavid would get in hypotheticals I discuss with people so it could also be a difference of how feasible we believe such a trade would be and, therefore, how much of the perceived value gets actualised into real value in any trade.
30 août 2023 à 14 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Hmm, fair enough. I think people see Johnson's puck skills and expect a lot from offensively (ala. Zegras) even if such expectations may not be warranted. However, he's a top-5 pick that just scored 40 points as a 20yr old rookie so there's some cause for hype.

I have Jiricek as well ahead of Johnson in terms of value but I can understand how the framing could've suggested I viewed them as a 1-to-1 comparison so I don't think that's where our disagreement lies. I think it's more in how one should value Boqvist (I think highly of him, but his injuries hurt his stock) and how one would value Pettersson relative to Eichel as he'd be the closest recent comparable. I agree that he should be worth more, but how much is the question. Assuming he follows up last year with another 100pt season then probably a decent chunk more.

Worth noting that I'm always told I undervalue the kind of return McDavid would get in hypotheticals I discuss with people so it could also be a difference of how feasible we believe such a trade would be and, therefore, how much of the perceived value gets actualised into real value in any trade.

All trades are different, and if anyone was to get screwed on a deal I'd put Vancouver pretty high up there, but yes Superstars are absolutely worth the pay. I think this is from EW a year ago, and Petey is a 100th percentile player (98 at worst). The two dots that are head and shoulders above everyone else are McDavid and Matthews fwiw
F4zMFNSXYAA100F?format=jpg&name=small

I think Boqvist is at his lowest value point ever right now. He might not be able to return an early 2nd were he traded today (I'm a knights fan, I love AB, but its the truth).
30 août 2023 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 25
In all honesty as a jackets fan i do think thats what it would take for us to get Pettersson but i dont see us doing that. Putting the value of a large portion of our teams future into 1 player just doesnt make sense after the injury ridden season weve had. And Fantilli is expected to develop into the 1C weve been wanting so it doesnt make sense to give up two of our best young players
30 août 2023 à 15 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Swain26
In all honesty as a jackets fan i do think thats what it would take for us to get Pettersson but i dont see us doing that. Putting the value of a large portion of our teams future into 1 player just doesnt make sense after the injury ridden season weve had. And Fantilli is expected to develop into the 1C weve been wanting so it doesnt make sense to give up two of our best young players

I can respect this idea, but i think its misguided. Safe is death and these days you usually need 2 elite centres to be an elite team.
Besides its kind of a boat vs mystery box kind of deal isnt it? Like we are pretty sure Fantili is a boat, but Petey is one - and you need a boat lmao.

Anyway I think that your moves this off season have created the depth required to make big moves like this and you have the assets to run a trade like this. Just my opinion though
30 août 2023 à 16 h 26
Leafs going to Leafs
For the most part, im not convinced those are options. Dont have the assets to return to vancouver

No, I mean those are the teams competing with CBJ for a playoff spot
30 août 2023 à 17 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
No, I mean those are the teams competing with CBJ for a playoff spot

Do you mean this year or next?
Because this year i think a good result would be the 10th to 15th overall pick
30 août 2023 à 17 h 25
Leafs going to Leafs
Do you mean this year or next?
Because this year i think a good result would be the 10th to 15th overall pick

Both
30 août 2023 à 19 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Both

I try not to project out more than a year in advance. Things change fast, but i think if (huge if) CBJ can make positive strides this year, then land a player like Petey they could be like LA was last year
30 août 2023 à 20 h 4
Leafs going to Leafs
I try not to project out more than a year in advance. Things change fast, but i think if (huge if) CBJ can make positive strides this year, then land a player like Petey they could be like LA was last year

And be a team in purgatory?
30 août 2023 à 20 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
And be a team in purgatory?

I think that between 2 elite Cs, what you hope can be a good D core and solid goaltending, and the many other prospects coming up they will propell beyond that.
They are much more likely to get stuck in purgatory without a trade like this than with.
30 août 2023 à 20 h 48
Leafs going to Leafs
I think that between 2 elite Cs, what you hope can be a good D core and solid goaltending, and the many other prospects coming up they will propell beyond that.
They are much more likely to get stuck in purgatory without a trade like this than with.

IDK... At least they're younger and have room to improve every year with KJ and Jirieck
30 août 2023 à 20 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
IDK... At least they're younger and have room to improve every year with KJ and Jirieck

I don't see KJ as being a major difference maker. I think he will be good, but EP40 is legitimately great and that is something they need - particularly since they seem to be attempting to accelerate their rebuild (which is kind of key to this)
30 août 2023 à 20 h 54
Leafs going to Leafs
I don't see KJ as being a major difference maker. I think he will be good, but EP40 is legitimately great and that is something they need - particularly since they seem to be attempting to accelerate their rebuild (which is kind of key to this)

I feel as though Columbus can keep building, that's going to be the best for them IMO... Even if it's Fantilli, 6 1rst liners and 4 top 2 caliber defensemen with potential... They've just got to keep building

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage