Top 10 most valuable players

Créé par: JKCpp
Équipe: 2023-24 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 14 août 2023
Publié: 14 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Based off cap hit and age
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1083 500 000 $84 042 857 $0 $3 500 000 $-542 857 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
C
RFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
C
UFA - 7
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Rangers de New York
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 août 2023 à 18 h 42
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,264
Quoting: JKCpp
I don’t hate the leafs I just don’t think matthews is better than draisaitl or Mackinnon and I don’t even think it should be debatable if matthews ever put up the same numbers as draisaitl or Mackinnon people in Toronto would consider him better than McDavid he’s not a bad player just extremely overrated

Draisaitl wouldn't put up close to as many points if he didn't spend so much time with McDavid. He's a good player but McDavid is on the ice for the majority of his points. I would wager the vast majority. You can make an argument that MacKinnon is better but it's a toss up. Matthews is a better goal scorer and better defensively. MacKinnon is more explosive.
14 août 2023 à 18 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Hank
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: RipNasty
Draisaitl wouldn't put up close to as many points if he didn't spend so much time with McDavid. He's a good player but McDavid is on the ice for the majority of his points. I would wager the vast majority. You can make an argument that MacKinnon is better but it's a toss up. Matthews is a better goal scorer and better defensively. MacKinnon is more explosive.

Matthews scores more goals than draisalt because he shots the puck more his S% is like 12% draisiaitl is 21% also that argument is like 5 years old if anything draisaitl makes McDavid better also didn’t nuge just have 100 pt season playing on draisaitl line
14 août 2023 à 18 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 623
Quoting: drambui
saying ''you're wrong'' is an easy statement to understand. Making an argument for someone to understant it, is harder. And its ok if you dont understand the difference bewteen the 2.

You honestly believe if by a miracle JBB wakes up tomorrow convinces Kucherov to waive his NMC and becomes available teams wouldn't be throwing ungodly assets to acquire him you're either clueless, higher than a satellite, or purposely lying .
14 août 2023 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Hank
Quoting: RipNasty

Draisaitl in the last 2 seasons has 107 goals on 525 shots

Matthews in the last 2 seasons 100 goals on 675 shots

Draisaitl is arguably a better goal scorer
Echlz a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 19 h 3
Rip
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,264
Matthews scores more goals than draisalt because he shots the puck more his S% is like 12% draisiaitl is 21% also that argument is like 5 years old if anything draisaitl makes McDavid better also didn’t nuge just have 100 pt season playing on draisaitl line

Nope, Nuge got over 50% of his points on the PP with McDavid. Draisaitl also gets huge portion of his points on the PP and plays over a 3rd of his 5v5 ice time with McDavid. I may just do a deep dive into all his points last year just to see how many came with McDavid on the ice.
14 août 2023 à 20 h 57
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,587
Quoting: Justafan79
You honestly believe if by a miracle JBB wakes up tomorrow convinces Kucherov to waive his NMC and becomes available teams wouldn't be throwing ungodly assets to acquire him you're either clueless, higher than a satellite, or purposely lying .

the point is not that kucherov is not valuable. your missing things entirely. the point is that maybe there is 10 players more valuable, which for some reason you have a hard time coping with .
JKCpp et Echlz a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 21 h 18
the point is not that kucherov is not valuable. your missing things entirely. the point is that maybe there is 10 players more valuable, which for some reason you have a hard time coping with .

I understand but utterly disagree their aren't FULL STOP IM NOT DUMB ENOUGH THAT I CAN'T FOLLOW YOUR FIRST GRADE LOGIC
14 août 2023 à 21 h 22
I understand but utterly disagree their aren't FULL STOP IM NOT DUMB ENOUGH THAT I CAN'T FOLLOW YOUR FIRST GRADE LOGIC

sure, but its hard know what yo understand or not. like its also a simple concept that age affect value a lot and it seems you dont grasp it. 20 years of bedard (macdavid like prospect) is worth more than 8 years of kucherov.
14 août 2023 à 21 h 32
sure, but its hard know what yo understand or not. like its also a simple concept that age affect value a lot and it seems you dont grasp it. 20 years of bedard (macdavid like prospect) is worth more than 8 years of kucherov.

He just turned 30 he's 2years older than MacKinnon at 3million plus less signed for 4more years. Yeah and Nail Yakapov was that sam thing until he plays at least 1 NHL game I'm not agreeing any player in that situation is more valuable really .
14 août 2023 à 22 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,200
He just turned 30 he's 2years older than MacKinnon at 3million plus less signed for 4more years. Yeah and Nail Yakapov was that sam thing until he plays at least 1 NHL game I'm not agreeing any player in that situation is more valuable really .

Yakupov was nowhere near the level of prospect Bedard was
Echlz a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 22 h 16

sure he is 2 years older, but this 2 years matters and and center is a more valued positions than wingers, even though they produced similar amount of points. and no one comapared yakupov to a generational talent, you are missing the point. bedard had better stats than the best player in the world.
14 août 2023 à 22 h 25
sure he is 2 years older, but this 2 years matters and and center is a more valued positions than wingers, even though they produced similar amount of points. and no one comapared yakupov to a generational talent, you are missing the point. bedard had better stats than the best player in the world.

You keep saying I miss the point I'm not I just completely disagree with your assessment you're wrong.
14 août 2023 à 22 h 45
You keep saying I miss the point I'm not I just completely disagree with your assessment you're wrong.

well i hear you that you say i'm wrong, your just not giving a lot of compelling argument to show me otherwise. you cant compared bedard and yakupov and expect someone to say that this is a comparision that makes sense just because they played no game in the nhl at some point. is everybody worthless before you play the nhl? what is even's bedard value to your eyes, i cant even understand that.
14 août 2023 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Modifié 14 août 2023 à 23 h 21
Pastrnak, J.Robertson, Kaprizov should be on this list over Bedard, Stutzle, and Thompson.

Let Bedard play one game before putting him on this.
Stutzle and Thompson haven't hit 100pts in a season or even take their teams to the playoffs yet.
15 août 2023 à 7 h 59
Mentions "j'aime": 67
Quoting: CCM46
Since coming into the league Matthews has 299 goals in same time frame McDavid has 287. Goal scoring is valuable just ask Washington

Yes, goals are valuable. But Matthews is a goal scorer (sniper) that is what he is paid to do. To compare him to Mcdavid is ridiculous, McDavid isn't known for a being a sniper and still almost has as many goals as him. Why don't you compare points, or assists? because then we would see the real reason... but doesn't fit your narrative, right? Also, yes let's ask Washington because Ovie is the best goal scorer to ever play the game and he still isn't close to making as much as Matthews. So, thank you for further proving he is over paid.
15 août 2023 à 8 h 41
CCM46
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: Echlz
Yes, goals are valuable. But Matthews is a goal scorer (sniper) that is what he is paid to do. To compare him to Mcdavid is ridiculous, McDavid isn't known for a being a sniper and still almost has as many goals as him. Why don't you compare points, or assists? because then we would see the real reason... but doesn't fit your narrative, right? Also, yes let's ask Washington because Ovie is the best goal scorer to ever play the game and he still isn't close to making as much as Matthews. So, thank you for further proving he is over paid.

The only thing I'm comparing between the 2 is that the logic behind saying Matthews isn't valuable just doesn't fit. McDavid is the best player in the league there is zero doubt behind that. When he gets his new contract it will be well north of 16 million as it should be..... Matthews is wanting around 13 about 3 million off what McDavid is expected to get....... For the amount of goals he scores and his play defensively Matthews is definitely worth that. If you think not you're just a lunatic cause every team in the league would take a 40+ goal scorer who isn't liable in his own end of the ice.

As for the Ovi..... since when is 9.5 million not close to 11.5???? Given Matthews was 21 when he signed is 11.5 deal and Ovi was over 35.

Apparently, the whole reading concept got skipped on you two because again as I have said now 6 times in this thread alone MATTHEWS IS NOT BETTER THAN MCDAVID.... That's not the point I am making. The point I am making is if you're argument is that Matthews is overpaid for what he does because he wants 13 mil on his next contract (which to put into perspective would be about the same % hit as when Crosby when he signed his current 8.787 mil hit and less than Ovis 18.96% contract hit on his 2nd deal.... but that doesn't fit you're narrative now does it? You can't argue facts so I'm not sure why you continue to do it other than you're just that dumb.

Now kindly make like a tree.
15 août 2023 à 9 h 32
The only thing I'm comparing between the 2 is that the logic behind saying Matthews isn't valuable just doesn't fit. McDavid is the best player in the league there is zero doubt behind that. When he gets his new contract it will be well north of 16 million as it should be..... Matthews is wanting around 13 about 3 million off what McDavid is expected to get....... For the amount of goals he scores and his play defensively Matthews is definitely worth that. If you think not you're just a lunatic cause every team in the league would take a 40+ goal scorer who isn't liable in his own end of the ice.

As for the Ovi..... since when is 9.5 million not close to 11.5???? Given Matthews was 21 when he signed is 11.5 deal and Ovi was over 35.

Apparently, the whole reading concept got skipped on you two because again as I have said now 6 times in this thread alone MATTHEWS IS NOT BETTER THAN MCDAVID.... That's not the point I am making. The point I am making is if you're argument is that Matthews is overpaid for what he does because he wants 13 mil on his next contract (which to put into perspective would be about the same % hit as when Crosby when he signed his current 8.787 mil hit and less than Ovis 18.96% contract hit on his 2nd deal.... but that doesn't fit you're narrative now does it? You can't argue facts so I'm not sure why you continue to do it other than you're just that dumb.

Now kindly make like a tree.

Damn you are getting very emotional over Matthews, don't get butthurt. When did I say Matthews isn't valuable? I literally argued that he should be on this list in the Top 10, so stop putting false words into our mouths to try and make your point valid. Also said that any GM would take him over Thompson and Dahlin on this list. Still doesn't mean he isn't over paid. If you are trying to win the cup and paying him $13m then good luck. He is arguably the 5th best player in the league and is major steps behind Mcdavid so why should he get paid more than Mcdavid and Mackinnon? The only person who can't argue facts is you because your only argument was that he scored more goals than Mcdavid so he should be paid similar to him? But Mcdavid literally almost put up double the number of points Matthews did last year... Matthews wasn't even top 20 in the league in points last year and you want to pay him $13m to be the highest paid player in the league...? Say goodbye to Stanley cup hopes and affording anyone else.
JKCpp a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 9 h 45
CCM46
Damn you are getting very emotional over Matthews, don't get butthurt. When did I say Matthews isn't valuable? I literally argued that he should be on this list in the Top 10, so stop putting false words into our mouths to try and make your point valid. Also said that any GM would take him over Thompson and Dahlin on this list. Still doesn't mean he isn't over paid. If you are trying to win the cup and paying him $13m then good luck. He is arguably the 5th best player in the league and is major steps behind Mcdavid so why should he get paid more than Mcdavid and Mackinnon? The only person who can't argue facts is you because your only argument was that he scored more goals than Mcdavid so he should be paid similar to him? But Mcdavid literally almost put up double the number of points Matthews did last year... Matthews wasn't even top 20 in the league in points last year and you want to pay him $13m to be the highest paid player in the league...? Say goodbye to Stanley cup hopes and affording anyone else.

Matthews will only be the highest paid player in the league for about 2 seasons until McDavid's contract expires and he is due for a new one. Which if you read is going to probably be around the 16 mil cap hit range. When contracts are staggered as they are here you can't bring into the argument he is getting paid more than McDavid because they signed their contracts at different times. What you have to look at is cap % hit when signed. I know crazy concept right?

So, lets look at it in 2018 when McDavid signed his contract it was 16.67% of the cap hit that season for the Oilers. Cap is projected to go up to about 87-88 mil range next year for when Matthews signs and guess what 13 mil is as a percentage for that? 14.7-14.9%, so 2% less of a cap hit than McDavid. You want t bring Nate MacK into this okay thats fine too. Let's look at his %. It was 15.27% when he signed still more than Matthews projected. Now before making yourself seem even more foolish than you already are I suggest you reread the end of my last post.

MAKE LIKE A TREE.
15 août 2023 à 10 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Hank
Matthews will only be the highest paid player in the league for about 2 seasons until McDavid's contract expires and he is due for a new one. Which if you read is going to probably be around the 16 mil cap hit range. When contracts are staggered as they are here you can't bring into the argument he is getting paid more than McDavid because they signed their contracts at different times. What you have to look at is cap % hit when signed. I know crazy concept right?

So, lets look at it in 2018 when McDavid signed his contract it was 16.67% of the cap hit that season for the Oilers. Cap is projected to go up to about 87-88 mil range next year for when Matthews signs and guess what 13 mil is as a percentage for that? 14.7-14.9%, so 2% less of a cap hit than McDavid. You want t bring Nate MacK into this okay thats fine too. Let's look at his %. It was 15.27% when he signed still more than Matthews projected. Now before making yourself seem even more foolish than you already are I suggest you reread the end of my last post.

MAKE LIKE A TREE.

Bro if McDavid wanted to back in 2018 he could have signed for 15 million 5 years absolute max for minimum years but he didn’t he took a pay cut matthews however didn’t he took the maximum amount he could get with minimum years the point is matthews is overpaid and McDavid is underpaid
Echlz a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 10 h 10
CCM46
Bro if McDavid wanted to back in 2018 he could have signed for 15 million 5 years absolute max for minimum years but he didn’t he took a pay cut matthews however didn’t he took the maximum amount he could get with minimum years the point is matthews is overpaid and McDavid is underpaid

HUH? McDavid's contract was literally 16.67% of the Oilers Cap Hit...... I mean yeah sure he could've went the Ovi route and made it closer to 20, but it was the highest percentage and highest paid contract at that time which was....... 5 years ago. Matthews is literally asking for 2% less of a cap % hit, but that's demanding a max contract? Do you even think before you type? Honestly answer that please!
15 août 2023 à 10 h 54

MAKE LIKE A TREE.

Your whole argument is over cap % but you're using hypothetical numbers for what the cap will be going up too and what he is requesting. There has been rumors for years of the cap making a significant jump, but it still hasn't because of escrow. Also saying he is requesting $13m is out of your ass because majority of people are saying anywhere from $15m. Either way, he isn't worth Mackinnon or Mcdavid numbers or cap %. Real team player requesting more than players that are significantly better than him, then complain that they can't make a deep playoff run.
JKCpp a aimé ceci.
15 août 2023 à 12 h 13
CCM46
Your whole argument is over cap % but you're using hypothetical numbers for what the cap will be going up too and what he is requesting. There has been rumors for years of the cap making a significant jump, but it still hasn't because of escrow. Also saying he is requesting $13m is out of your ass because majority of people are saying anywhere from $15m. Either way, he isn't worth Mackinnon or Mcdavid numbers or cap %. Real team player requesting more than players that are significantly better than him, then complain that they can't make a deep playoff run.

The 15 mil reports are from over 6 months ago, so doubt much legitimacy is involved in those. Recent rumors are 13.5 AAV range with a total earnings of at least 87.5 mil. I'm not saying he is worth their cap % numbers either, but you'd be a fool to say he isn't an arguable top 5 league talent and he should be paid like a top 5 league talent. If he comes in above 15% then sure you can say he is slightly overpaid, but more than likely he is going to come in just under that which is what he is worth. And the whole argument should be around cap % hit because that is what the value was at at the time of the contract signing....... Like is it that hard to comprehend?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage