Forums/Armchair-GM

Q for Leaf fans

Créé par: Warpbox
Équipe: 2023-24 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 24 juill. 2023
Publié: 24 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Reasoning is that this move would clear the Leafs of Murrays contract. They can buy him out, however doing so gives them a 2 million dollar cap hit next year. That may not sound like a huge deal but with Matthews and Nylander both do for hefty raises, along with other players that will need raises or replacements, a 2 million dollar cap penalty could be brutal next year, and this move allows them out of it. Would love to hear leaf fans thoughts though
Transactions
VAN
  1. Minten, Fraser
  2. Murray, Matt
Détails additionnels:
Is this value fair? Assuming Murray isn't on LTIR
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (VAN)
VAN
TOR
  1. Myers, Tyler
Détails additionnels:
Would have to be moved (Obviously not to Toronto)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2483 500 000 $80 838 750 $850 000 $0 $2 661 250 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
883 750 $883 750 $
C
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
845 833 $845 833 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 037 500 $4 037 500 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,241
I am sure this is what it would take. I would rather give up a pick, rather than Minten though.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 33
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,578
IMO, the Leafs have to buyout BOTH Murray and Brodie to get a practical 22 man roster
Leafs are definitely in win mode this season.....so the 687,000 Murray cap and Brodie's zero dollars cap hit would be OK for this year, though Brodie would have to replaced by cheaper/lesser on ice player than Brodie.
You correct about next season. 2m and 2.5m for Brodie cap hits. But it really doesn't matter, Bertuzzi, Domi, Samsonov will be gone. that's 12m ....and probably be replaced by lesser players and cap.
Matthews and Nylander. Personally I don't really see what the issue is. UFAs come and to all the time, if Matthews doesn't resign for whatever so be it.....same with Nylander. Let's say the Leafs set aside 22m for those two players, but they don't resign. Well that's 22m to spend on other players if not 24/25 maybe the following year.

It's kinda crazy on CapFriendly. Seems like so many think Nylander is the only upcoming UFA in 24/25 and either he has to be resigned now or be traded. Gee there are 100 upcoming UFAs that haven't b been resigned, they all don't traded.

IMO Leafs just can't Minten or Niemela. The only two true NHL prospects they have besides goalies.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 150
ur in the right ballpark but i don't think it's gonna be minten heading back, someone a little less valuable probably or a pick instead
Warpbox a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 37
Quoting: palhal
IMO, the Leafs have to buyout BOTH Murray and Brodie to get a practical 22 man roster
Leafs are definitely in win mode this season.....so the 687,000 Murray cap and Brodie's zero dollars cap hit would be OK for this year, though Brodie would have to replaced by cheaper/lesser on ice player than Brodie.
You correct about next season. 2m and 2.5m for Brodie cap hits. But it really doesn't matter, Bertuzzi, Domi, Samsonov will be gone. that's 12m ....and probably be replaced by lesser players and cap.
Matthews and Nylander. Personally I don't really see what the issue is. UFAs come and to all the time, if Matthews doesn't resign for whatever so be it.....same with Nylander. Let's say the Leafs set aside 22m for those two players, but they don't resign. Well that's 22m to spend on other players if not 24/25 maybe the following year.

It's kinda crazy on CapFriendly. Seems like so many think Nylander is the only upcoming UFA in 24/25 and either he has to be resigned now or be traded. Gee there are 100 upcoming UFAs that haven't b been resigned, they all don't traded.

IMO Leafs just can't Minten or Niemela. The only two true NHL prospects they have besides goalies.

buying out brodie is hilarious, they could easily get a 1st for him on the trade market if they wanna move him
Ryminister_92 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 39
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: leaffanio
buying out brodie is hilarious, they could easily get a 1st for him on the trade market if they wanna move him

OK. Show me a team that would be on trade list that can take on his 5m cap. If a team does have 5m, certainly that could sign a UFA for 5m and not give up a first.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 42
OK. Show me a team that would be on trade list that can take on his 5m cap. If a team does have 5m, certainly that could sign a UFA for 5m and not give up a first.

any team in on pesce would be in on brodie as a backup plan: dallas, buffalo, maybe nashville. it doesn't matter if they have 5m in space now or not (buffalo and nashville both do though fyi), because when a team acquires a player they often trade one away in order to balance the salaries. it's a unique concept called trading which i guess you may not have heard of yet.

but yea, go out on the open market and find me a rhd available who's on brodie's level. and don't bother saying dumba unless you want me to put you in the corner with a dunce cap on
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 851

They don’t HAVE to carry a 22 man roster. They can easily carry a 20 man roster and send guys up and down to accumulate cap space - like they’ve done in previous years. They’re not buying Brodie out. That’s the dumbest move when they’re looking for help in defence, why would they buy out their best defensive defender?
leaffanio a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,354

My opinion on it was the Leafs would likely still want to be top contenders for a few years after this. Say the cap goes up by 4 million, you add in the Murray buyout and for TOR it's only really going up 2 million. You also have Bertuzzi Domi and Samsonov coming up so that's an extra 12 million. You have 14 million for: A Matthews raise (probably 2.5 million more) a Nylander raise (probably 2.5 million more) a new starting goalie (probably costs around 4 million) and then two top 9 wingers (let's say 5 million combined) that's the 14 million. Then you need to give Liljegren a raise (or add another top 4 Dman) and I don't think the Leafs can afford it with a Murray buyout.

I also understand why you'd be hesitant on moving Minten or Niemela but if you're truly trying to win the cup I feel it could be worth it
24 juill. 2023 à 16 h 48
LongtimeLeafsufferer
any team in on pesce would be in on brodie as a backup plan: dallas, buffalo, maybe nashville. it doesn't matter if they have 5m in space now or not (buffalo and nashville both do though fyi), because when a team acquires a player they often trade one away in order to balance the salaries. it's a unique concept called trading which i guess you may not have heard of yet.

but yea, go out on the open market and find me a rhd available who's on brodie's level. and don't bother saying dumba unless you want me to put you in the corner with a dunce cap on

The usual nonsense of a fool who will write anything to try to save face. Thanks of proving my point, you can't name a team that really wants to take on Brodie's 5m hit and none would certainly wouldn't give up a first for the pleasure.
Sorry bro, the site is CapFriendly.....which I guess you haven't heard of yet. Just another homer.
24 juill. 2023 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,228
ur in the right ballpark but i don't think it's gonna be minten heading back, someone a little less valuable probably or a pick instead

It's going to cost a lot to move Murray, personally I would want more than Minten to relieve the Leafs of Murrays cap hit and $8M salary. No team is going to give you a 1st for Brodie.
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2023 à 17 h 8
The usual nonsense of a fool who will write anything to try to save face. Thanks of proving my point, you can't name a team that really wants to take on Brodie's 5m hit and none would certainly wouldn't give up a first for the pleasure.
Sorry bro, the site is CapFriendly.....which I guess you haven't heard of yet. Just another homer.

guess you missed the three teams i mentioned that would absolutely be interested in a player like brodie, yet i'm still waiting for you to name the rhd free agent who's better than him for less than 5m like you said there were so many of?
24 juill. 2023 à 17 h 10
Quoting: audiodave
It's going to cost a lot to move Murray, personally I would want more than Minten to relieve the Leafs of Murrays cap hit and $8M salary. No team is going to give you a 1st for Brodie.

funny how when the isles move out albatross $5m josh bailey it only costs a 2nd, but when its the leafs all of a sudden its gonna cost four 1st round picks. either way murray's either getting ltir'd or bought out leafs aren't trading him
24 juill. 2023 à 17 h 13
LongtimeLeafsufferer
funny how when the isles move out albatross $5m josh bailey it only costs a 2nd, but when its the leafs all of a sudden its gonna cost four 1st round picks. either way murray's either getting ltir'd or bought out leafs aren't trading him

Actually the only team that might on his trade list that has the cap are the Sabres. That would be a fit. But the Sabres aren't giving up anything to help the Leafs with their cap.
The Leafs would have to replace Brodie with lesser cap player and obviously a "not as good" player to make the cap work for 23/24.
24 juill. 2023 à 17 h 16
Actually the only team that might on his trade list that has the cap are the Sabres. That would be a fit. But the Sabres aren't giving up anything to help the Leafs with their cap.
The Leafs would have to replace Brodie with lesser cap player and obviously a "not as good" player to make the cap work for 23/24.

in that scenario my guess is brodie out zadorov in, maybe even retained if needed
24 juill. 2023 à 17 h 21
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,631

They won't get a 1st for Brodie, not if they're this tight up against the cap
24 juill. 2023 à 19 h 17

Bailey was only owed $3.5M, Murray is owed $8M. The difference of 4.5M real dollars is the reason that moving Murray will cost more. Murray was cleared to play on May 9th so I don't see how you can just LTIR him.
24 juill. 2023 à 21 h 38
Quoting: audiodave
Bailey was only owed $3.5M, Murray is owed $8M. The difference of 4.5M real dollars is the reason that moving Murray will cost more. Murray was cleared to play on May 9th so I don't see how you can just LTIR him.

the salary only matters if you move him to a poverty team like arizona, vancouver's owners burn through money like wildfires burn through alberta. and my guess is murray gets ltir'd for something like mental health reasons if he doesn't get bought out, been a lot of quiet chatter about it in toronto. either way they're 100% not spending any assets to dump him because a) they don't need to and b) they would've already done it if they did need to
24 juill. 2023 à 22 h 30
the salary only matters if you move him to a poverty team like arizona, vancouver's owners burn through money like wildfires burn through alberta. and my guess is murray gets ltir'd for something like mental health reasons if he doesn't get bought out, been a lot of quiet chatter about it in toronto. either way they're 100% not spending any assets to dump him because a) they don't need to and b) they would've already done it if they did need to

Do you still live with your parents? That's a lot of money, even for the owner of an NHL team. Toronto has 3 choices with Murray, pay another team to take his contract, buy out his contract or keep him and eat the cap hit. I really don't care which one they choose.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage