Forums/Armchair-GM

What I would do to the Blackhawks as a non-Blackhawks fan

Créé par: tjk
Équipe: 2023-24 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 23 mai 2023
Publié: 23 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Another “What I would do” post. First and foremost remember I am a 3rd party observer and die-hard fans might disagree with what I say.

Firstly I’m gonna say that this is putting personal biases aside. Honestly, I don’t think CHI should have been gifted Bedard, I don’t even think they should have a first-round pick this year. But the NHL is run by clowns who never seem to get it right, can’t blame CHI for that.

Also, CHI fans deserve some optimism. I do feel bad for them.

The goal for CHI should be to look at opportunities where they can maximize the cap leverage they have. By taking on salary dumps they can get assets, and potentially buy out some players.

Question marks:

- Goalie: Is Mrazek staying for another year? I don’t think so. His injury concerns are too much of an issue. If you want to develop Söderblom (which I’m assuming they do), the last thing you want is the goalie who is supposed to be sheltering him to go down with an injury. So I would buyout Mrazek and target a FA vet goaltender.

- LD: Defence altogether is undoubtedly the biggest concern looking at this team. You have two budding young players coming in on the left side but that right side really does not enstill confidence. You need a smooth-skating LD who plays a good two-way game that can pair with Jones (fill McCabe's void), they need to be defensively responsible.

- Forwards: You’re really waiting on young players to break through while being left with excess mediocrity. Genuinely a forward group made up of players that would be fighting for the bottom six roles in a competitive organization. Bedard’s early years will be reminiscent of McDavid’s. It’s a group you’d like to add to but it's really not the FA crop for targeting massive additions, it’s full of depth which is what Chicago already has.

Trades:

- Kulak/Yamo: This trade is really broken down into two trades in one. The Oilers are looking to shed cap and Yamamoto will be a casualty of this. So the first part of the trade is Yamo and a second (2024) for Entwistle, CHI sends back a cheap bottom six player, of which they have an abundance for taking on the cap. Yamamoto will play in the top 6. The second part of this trade amounts to Kulak and Tullio for a 3rd. The Oilers decision on cutting cap will likely come down to Kulak and Foegele, given they have Broberg I chose Kulak. He’d be a great fit for CHI. Two-way smooth skating defenseman who is cheap with term (they could look to retain and flip his contract), he also has experience having to be defensively responsible while playing with offensive minded partners (see Bouch/Barrie). Tullio (a former 4th) gives organizational depth on the right side. And the third amounts to being the 8th pick Chicago will be making in the draft. They’re maximizing cap space and organizational depth to fill organizational holes.

- Matt Murray. It's likely that Toronto will again be in the market to salary dump their goaltender so why not run it back? Last time Toronto dumped Mrazek for a 13-spot trade back. Murray is a worse goaltender than Mrazek, is constantly injured, has an NTC limiting where they can send him, and has a higher AAV than Mrazek. The Leafs are also in a much more limited cap position and I’m sure whomever the GM they bring in is, he will be looking to gain cap flexibility to retain other FA's they have. Leafs move back 27 spots and give up the 7th-ranked prospect in their system at the cost of gaining over 4 million in cap space. Chicago obtains a third 1st in 2023 and a skilled offensive forward who’s committed to playing with their current top prospect at Michigan, Frank Nazar. They immediately buy out Murray for much of the same reasons they are buying out Mrazek, inconsistent/injury-prone/surplus cap/better options/etc.

Now for the bug addition, they are getting a generational talent 1C. We all know Bedard will go first overall but I mocked their entire draft.

Draft:
#1 - Connor Bedard C (Franchise Player)
#19 - Riley Heidt C (Skilled Playmaking fast Centre, Top 6 C Projection)
#28 - Tom Willander RD (Great Skating Two-Way RD)
#35 - Michael Hrabal G (Insurance if Commensso/Söderblom don't develop, long way away big frame)
#44 - Charlie Stramel C (Power Forward C I see as a RW in NHL)
#51 - Danny Nelson LW (Power Forward, Big Two-Way player)
#67 - Andrew Gibson RD (Big, Physical right shot D)
#99 - Jakub Štancel LW (Big two-way forward, nice release)
#131 - Michael Emerson RW (Over-ager playing at ND next year)
#195 - Kalle Kangas LD (Big physical defensive dman)

RFA’s:

AA: I’m bringing back AA because he finished off the year strong and as bad as it sounds Chicago has to find guys to pay just to get to the floor, even slightly overpaying for AA he’s gonna play in their top 6 and was trending the right way to end the year. Kind of “Why not’.

Kurashev/Bjork/Anderson: Depth wingers I could see getting in or being in the press box any night. They all fit the role of being stop-gap players before prospects graduate. I do like Anderson playing the PK so he draws in before Bjork. Kurashev starts on the left.

UFA’s:

I don’t see them attracting any big-name players. Gavrikov would fit in well for them but he won’t come to Chicago. I made the Kulak trade because I was contemplating signing Soucy but figured he likely wouldn’t pick Chicago either.

Semyon Varlamov: A steady veteran, proven goaltender, who lost his starting role to a young superstar. The hope is he can come in and either mentor Söderblom or Commesso to be the goalie of the future. Nonetheless, he instills much more confidence than Mrazek/Murray and is a realistic FA option they could sign.

Max Domi: From all I’ve heard Domi really enjoyed his time in Chicago and Chicago fans really enjoyed him as a player. The best season of his career came in Chicago it finally feels like the right fit for him to build a home.

Aaron Dell: Organizational depth to backup Commensso in the AHL. Also, insurance if Varlamov does go down with injury Söderblom won’t be thrown in the fire.

Let me know what you think and what you’d change.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
11 600 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
13 500 000 $
25 000 000 $
1775 000 $
24 500 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Bedard, Connor
3925 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Kulak, Brett
  2. Tullio, Tyler
  3. Yamamoto, Kailer
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
I'd say Yamo and a 2nd gets Entwistle and cap relief.
EDM
  1. Entwistle, Mackenzie
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
Détails additionnels:
Really depends on how you value Kulak. If you value him as a negative asset than you wouldn't agree with giving up a 3rd for him and mid-level prospect. I think its a win-win. He'd fit in well in CHI lineup while giving the Oilers cap relief.
CHI
  1. Moldenhauer, Nicholas [Liste de réserve]
  2. Murray, Matt
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
Détails additionnels:
This trade could be completely blown up by whether or not he waives NTC for CHI. Lets assume he has other 6 CAN teams on NTC, AZ, CLB, SJ, ANA.
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Similar to trade back with Mrazek last year. Leafs are in worse cap trouble now and need to ship out Murray. So move back more and give up #7 prospect in system.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de BOS
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de VAN
Logo de EDM
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de DAL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $62 981 790 $0 $1 850 000 $20 518 210 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Bedard, Connor
925 000 $925 000 $
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AG
RFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 4
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DG
RFA - 3
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
962 500 $962 500 $
G
RFA - 2
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 666
this isnt too bad. But no need to sign varly with 3 goalies on the roster, hawks would buy out or scratch mrazek and run a tandem with murray and soderblom. And Reichel will play full time in the nhl next year. But other than that pretty solid.
tjk a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Murray is better than Mrazek.
Mrazek had 2 years left, while Murray only has 1
Murray's buyout is way more team friendly than Mrazek's was

Murray and BOS 1st for OTT 2nd. Same deal. Easy Peasy. We also aren't just tossing in our recent 3rd round pick who had a good year lol
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 21
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,876
Quoting: Cor

Murray and BOS 1st for OTT 2nd. Same deal. Easy Peasy. We also aren't just tossing in our recent 3rd round pick who had a good year lol

Hawks don't need a goalie this time. When the traded for mrazek they had 0 nhl goalies. If it's the Ottawa 2nd I don't think the hawks accept. Good luck finding another gm willing to throw away cap space and their owners money all for a minor pick upgrade.
Hawksguy81 et tjk a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,612
EDM refuses. Even if we operate under the assumption that there's no market for Yamo, 3.1mil in cap relief should in no way cost a 2nd and Entwistle doesn't project as a player that'll be worth much of anything. EDM would be better off simply buying him out. As for the Kulak portion, I'm not even remotely intersted in that. Replace Kulak and Tullio with Ceci and then remove the 3rd and maybe I could start to consider it after other avenues have been explored and exhausted.
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 32
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,735
Hawks decline the Yamo trade and Leafs decline the Murray trade. Hawks will run with the Mrazak/Sody tandem. They'll target a guy like Killorn, Bunting, Tatar in free agency to play in the top 6
23 mai 2023 à 12 h 47
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
I think this is a pretty good in depth analysis here. Varlamov and Dell are excess goods, as stated above, because I think management is okay with the sink or swim aspect of starting Soderblom, solely for this year. Also in the AHL we will probably focus on Stauber and Commesso, but if they want a 3rd dell would be an option. I actually really like the EDM trade, although others dont seem to agree. I do agree with the above that including Moldenhauer to dump Murray is a little rich. UFAs and RFAs make sense. Pretty well thought out post
tjk a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Hawks don't need a goalie this time. When the traded for mrazek they had 0 nhl goalies. If it's the Ottawa 2nd I don't think the hawks accept. Good luck finding another gm willing to throw away cap space and their owners money all for a minor pick upgrade.

Sounds good lol
23 mai 2023 à 14 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Loyal To The Oil
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 124
Quoting: SupremeBone
EDM refuses. Even if we operate under the assumption that there's no market for Yamo, 3.1mil in cap relief should in no way cost a 2nd and Entwistle doesn't project as a player that'll be worth much of anything. EDM would be better off simply buying him out. As for the Kulak portion, I'm not even remotely intersted in that. Replace Kulak and Tullio with Ceci and then remove the 3rd and maybe I could start to consider it after other avenues have been explored and exhausted.

In my opinion I don’t agree with that Yamo assessment. At best we could hope to get a 4th for him but considering how little teams have cap flexibility that even seems like wishful thinking. Also teams know now that the Oilers are gonna want to dump him which puts them in a bind.

Also in what world would Entwistle be a player they would immediately buy out lol. He is a 0.2 ppg player, Yamo is 0.4 and Foegele is 0.3. Entwistle is also 6’4” and a checking powerforward (exactly what Oil need in bottom 6). Even if he produces at half Yamos ppg (which he basically is) he’s making 1/4 what Yamo does. He’s an asset and their trade value is relatively equal given the 2nd for cap dump.

Another thing I factored into the trade, which might’ve been stupid, is the fact that Yamo is beloved by everyone in the room. He’s close with McD/Drai but also McLeod/Bouch/Stu. It’s gonna be incredibly hard on the room when they trade him. Entwistle played minor hockey with McLeod and I’ve heard they are friends, so that’s a bit of a fit there. That can’t be imperially measured so idk what value you would put on that tbh.

In regards to Kulak it all comes down to who they can trade and what they give up. As an Oilers fan he’s last of the 4 I want to trade (Ceci/Yamo/Foeg/Kulak) but he’s probably the only one CHI would really want and that they view as a piece they can use or flip at the deadline. That was the thought process there.

In reality your trading:
- 0.4 PPG injury prone 5’8” Top 6
- Quality 2 Way Bottom Pair D (when you have Broberg)
- Winger prospect who likely won’t make your roster
For:
- Cheap 6’4” Power Forward bottom line player, can play PK
- Trade back 20ish spots in the draft
- Almost 5 mil in cap space

I’d do that
23 mai 2023 à 14 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Loyal To The Oil
Quoting: Cor

I was high on Murray going into last season, and was hoping he’d be a lot better for the Leafs. He played bad and couldn’t stay healthy. Going into this year I’d rather have Mrazek over Murray just cause of the money (they both can’t stay healthy).

I think it’s a fair trade. For the leafs it’s unlikely Moldenhauer
Makes the lineup given the prospects ahead of him and players already in the league so losing him isn’t a terrible loss for them (and it’s a player they can draft to replace this year, it’s a deep class).

I don’t think CHI would give up any pick but the worst of their second rounders. They want to maximize the high volume of picks they have often in a deep draft class.
23 mai 2023 à 14 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Loyal To The Oil
Quoting: SlickWilly
I think this is a pretty good in depth analysis here. Varlamov and Dell are excess goods, as stated above, because I think management is okay with the sink or swim aspect of starting Soderblom, solely for this year. Also in the AHL we will probably focus on Stauber and Commesso, but if they want a 3rd dell would be an option. I actually really like the EDM trade, although others dont seem to agree. I do agree with the above that including Moldenhauer to dump Murray is a little rich. UFAs and RFAs make sense. Pretty well thought out post

Thanks boss.

I’m just worried about injuries in net with either Mrazek and Murray. Although it might be an issue with Varlamov too it’s not as terrible. I got really attached to the idea of him mentoring Soderblom like he did Sorokin.

I think in the end Commensso will be the guy so I’d like him to start in the AHL. Dell is just in case an NHL goalie gets hurt he can be called up. I don’t want Commensso called up all year I’d like him cemented to #1 in AHL for development.

I can understand why management is ok with the sink or swim because if he’s bad it’s another top pick (which is expected) if he’s good they’re still bad but he’ll gain confidence. It’s a win-win for management starting Soderblom either way. My concern is confidence. I don’t want this season to crush him.

Moldenhauer is rich but ya he’s not gonna be a guy that I think ultimately makes it in Toronto. They got bad ptsd with trading guys like that (Marchment/Verhaeghe) but those guys don’t become the players they are staying in Toronto, just as Moldenhauer won’t be all that he can become there.
SlickWilly a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 14 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,612
Quoting: tjk
In my opinion I don’t agree with that Yamo assessment. At best we could hope to get a 4th for him but considering how little teams have cap flexibility that even seems like wishful thinking. Also teams know now that the Oilers are gonna want to dump him which puts them in a bind.

Also in what world would Entwistle be a player they would immediately buy out lol. He is a 0.2 ppg player, Yamo is 0.4 and Foegele is 0.3. Entwistle is also 6’4” and a checking powerforward (exactly what Oil need in bottom 6). Even if he produces at half Yamos ppg (which he basically is) he’s making 1/4 what Yamo does. He’s an asset and their trade value is relatively equal given the 2nd for cap dump.

Another thing I factored into the trade, which might’ve been stupid, is the fact that Yamo is beloved by everyone in the room. He’s close with McD/Drai but also McLeod/Bouch/Stu. It’s gonna be incredibly hard on the room when they trade him. Entwistle played minor hockey with McLeod and I’ve heard they are friends, so that’s a bit of a fit there. That can’t be imperially measured so idk what value you would put on that tbh.

In regards to Kulak it all comes down to who they can trade and what they give up. As an Oilers fan he’s last of the 4 I want to trade (Ceci/Yamo/Foeg/Kulak) but he’s probably the only one CHI would really want and that they view as a piece they can use or flip at the deadline. That was the thought process there.

In reality your trading:
- 0.4 PPG injury prone 5’8” Top 6
- Quality 2 Way Bottom Pair D (when you have Broberg)
- Winger prospect who likely won’t make your roster
For:
- Cheap 6’4” Power Forward bottom line player, can play PK
- Trade back 20ish spots in the draft
- Almost 5 mil in cap space

I’d do that

First, you misunderstood. I was saying to buyout Yamo instead of bothering to spend a 2nd trading him.

As for the rest, I'll counter with my own breakdown using a commonly agreed upon trade here on CF to demonstrate why I think you're losing value:

- buyout Yamo (-2.7mil)
- Kulak to CLB for a 4th (-2.75mil)

Opens up 5.45mil while retaining Tullio and the 2nd and also adding a 4th. The point is that even if the team is put in a bind in the Yamo situation, they have a pretty easy and affordable way out of such a bind that doesn't necessitate they lose so much value in a trade.
tjk a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Loyal To The Oil
Quoting: SupremeBone
First, you misunderstood. I was saying to buyout Yamo instead of bothering to spend a 2nd trading him.

As for the rest, I'll counter with my own breakdown using a commonly agreed upon trade here on CF to demonstrate why I think you're losing value:

- buyout Yamo (-2.7mil)
- Kulak to CLB for a 4th (-2.75mil)

Opens up 5.45mil while retaining Tullio and the 2nd and also adding a 4th. The point is that even if the team is put in a bind in the Yamo situation, they have a pretty easy and affordable way out of such a bind that doesn't necessitate they lose so much value in a trade.

Hmm yea I definitely did misunderstand. The thought of buying out Yamo never crossed my mind but I guess that would be better than attaching a 2nd in a straight up dump for him. Of course that would be, you’re right.

I’m just saying Entwistle is not a straight up dump. He’s exactly what the oilers need and for basically league minimum. And he’s the same age as Yamo. I’ve really developed a man crush for this off-season, and was drawn to him because of his play against the Oil this year.

Thanks for the reply!
SupremeBone a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 15 h 22
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Quoting: tjk
Thanks boss.

I’m just worried about injuries in net with either Mrazek and Murray. Although it might be an issue with Varlamov too it’s not as terrible. I got really attached to the idea of him mentoring Soderblom like he did Sorokin.

I think in the end Commensso will be the guy so I’d like him to start in the AHL. Dell is just in case an NHL goalie gets hurt he can be called up. I don’t want Commensso called up all year I’d like him cemented to #1 in AHL for development.

I can understand why management is ok with the sink or swim because if he’s bad it’s another top pick (which is expected) if he’s good they’re still bad but he’ll gain confidence. It’s a win-win for management starting Soderblom either way. My concern is confidence. I don’t want this season to crush him.

Moldenhauer is rich but ya he’s not gonna be a guy that I think ultimately makes it in Toronto. They got bad ptsd with trading guys like that (Marchment/Verhaeghe) but those guys don’t become the players they are staying in Toronto, just as Moldenhauer won’t be all that he can become there.

Yeah I agree with the goalie idea. I think Dell would be good depth, but they probably won't be afraid to call up Stauber again in case of any injuries. He was surprisingly good in the few games he started at the NHL level last year, but they'd still need a back up in the AHL anyway so I suppose either way you cut it, another depth guy is probably in the cards.
tjk a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2023 à 18 h 18
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 717
Wish all posts on capfriendly had this much thought and effort.

- Goalies: Dealing with an injury prone Mrazek or Murray (if they make that trade) is not ideal. They need to properly develop the goalies under contract right now and not have a situation similar to last year. Soderblom is set to be the backup but I'm not sure we buy out Mrazek to sign a different goaltender. I think Davidson will play his cards with Mrazek and Soderblom. Bad goaltending will lead to another high pick in 2024. Don't sign Dell. Would make a three man rotation in Rockford for Commesso and Stauber. If the starter gets injured, someone will be thrown in the fire as you say. Maybe they can claim someone on waivers. I just wouldn’t want a three man rotation in Rockford.

Defense: I like having two young players with veterans to play with. Mistakes will be made and games will be lost but the hawks are not trying to win next year. This is strictly a developmental season for young players. Not saying Jones is a superstar but I think he should get more credit every now and again. He's an easy target of attack because of his contract. Jones and Murphy to lead the development for Korchinski and Vlasic actually sounds pretty solid to me. We do need to bring in another defenseman for the left side. I'm not particularly interested in the EDM trade because of Yamamoto. I read the breakdown and the value is probably fine but I'd rather make a different move, which would lead to no Kulak. Either take on a cap dump defenseman for assets or sign a UFA to a one year deal.

Forwards: Biggest question, why isn't Reichel in the lineup? I don't think Domi is coming back to Chicago. He has earned a deal with more term from his playoff performance and I don't think Chicago wants to give out much term until they settle future contracts with Bedard, Reichel and Korchinski. Two years would be fine but I think he gets more than that. All other signings are solid. One trade that has gone around this website a lot that I think has a good chance of happening is Josh Bailey and a 2nd for future considerations. He slots in 2nd/3rd line wing instead of Yamamoto. This team needs to sign an enforcer for Bedard's protection (don't need to play on the same line). Reaves and Lucic are both UFAs.

Draft: Made some very solid picks that I agree with. Even drafted team needs (forwards and when drafting defensemen they're RD). There is one pick that I don't like and that's Hrabal at #35. I don't think he should be as high as he is on most draft rankings. I'd rather draft a forward here and pick a goalie with a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. Maybe even wait until next draft for a goaltender. I do think the hawks move up #19 by moving some of their 2nds which would change some things.
24 mai 2023 à 23 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Loyal To The Oil
Quoting: HiddenValley
Wish all posts on capfriendly had this much thought and effort.

- Goalies: Dealing with an injury prone Mrazek or Murray (if they make that trade) is not ideal. They need to properly develop the goalies under contract right now and not have a situation similar to last year. Soderblom is set to be the backup but I'm not sure we buy out Mrazek to sign a different goaltender. I think Davidson will play his cards with Mrazek and Soderblom. Bad goaltending will lead to another high pick in 2024. Don't sign Dell. Would make a three man rotation in Rockford for Commesso and Stauber. If the starter gets injured, someone will be thrown in the fire as you say. Maybe they can claim someone on waivers. I just wouldn’t want a three man rotation in Rockford.

Defense: I like having two young players with veterans to play with. Mistakes will be made and games will be lost but the hawks are not trying to win next year. This is strictly a developmental season for young players. Not saying Jones is a superstar but I think he should get more credit every now and again. He's an easy target of attack because of his contract. Jones and Murphy to lead the development for Korchinski and Vlasic actually sounds pretty solid to me. We do need to bring in another defenseman for the left side. I'm not particularly interested in the EDM trade because of Yamamoto. I read the breakdown and the value is probably fine but I'd rather make a different move, which would lead to no Kulak. Either take on a cap dump defenseman for assets or sign a UFA to a one year deal.

Forwards: Biggest question, why isn't Reichel in the lineup? I don't think Domi is coming back to Chicago. He has earned a deal with more term from his playoff performance and I don't think Chicago wants to give out much term until they settle future contracts with Bedard, Reichel and Korchinski. Two years would be fine but I think he gets more than that. All other signings are solid. One trade that has gone around this website a lot that I think has a good chance of happening is Josh Bailey and a 2nd for future considerations. He slots in 2nd/3rd line wing instead of Yamamoto. This team needs to sign an enforcer for Bedard's protection (don't need to play on the same line). Reaves and Lucic are both UFAs.

Draft: Made some very solid picks that I agree with. Even drafted team needs (forwards and when drafting defensemen they're RD). There is one pick that I don't like and that's Hrabal at #35. I don't think he should be as high as he is on most draft rankings. I'd rather draft a forward here and pick a goalie with a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. Maybe even wait until next draft for a goaltender. I do think the hawks move up #19 by moving some of their 2nds which would change some things.

Yo, thanks man!

Yea that's the thing. The best thing for the organization might be the veteran starter gets injured and they go on a massive skid on Soderblom's back, but I truthfully think that will kill his development so much. They really have to ask themselves what's better,
- A. A top 3 pick and Soderblom having a terrible year (could kill development)
- B. A top 10 pick and Soderblom learning behind a great vet.
If I'm them I would probably pick A as well just simply because I think Commensso is the guy anyways, I'm less concerned with Soderblom.

Reichel was a complete oversight on my part. He should for sure be in the lineup. Once I thought about it I'd probably not sign Bjork and maybe target a guy like Miles Wood who has a bit of bite but can still actually add offence to the team rather than Lucic/Reaves.

Unless they can break into the top 10 (maybe 8?) I don't think there is a crazy jump between any forward that would go between 10-19. D on the other hand... if they could maybe trade up with AZ (12) or WSH (8) and take one of the two top RD that would be a dream for them.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage