Forums/Armchair-GM

Evil Plan

Créé par: TheRaphMan
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 27 avr. 2023
Publié: 27 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If Winnipeg matches the offer sheet for Dubois, they won’t be able to trade him for a year, meaning that he would walk as a UFA and they won’t be able to get anything in return for him. If they don’t match, they’ll at least get SOMETHING for him.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
14 201 487 $
Offres hostiles
Le salaire annuel moyen (AAV) de l'offre hostile est calculé en divisant la valeur totale du contrat par: 1. La durée totale du contrat, ou 2. Cinq ans
JOUEURAAVCOMPENSATION
Dubois, Pierre-Luc4 201 487 $
Choix de 2e ronde en 2024
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
ARI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (COL)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $64 160 653 $1 170 000 $4 752 500 $18 339 347 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
897 500 $897 500 $ (Bonis de performance557 500 $$558K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
4 201 487 $4 201 487 $
C
UFA - 8
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,507
the only part thats missing is that PLD has absolutly no reason to do that
Howie et palhal a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 63
Quoting: drambui
the only part thats missing is that PLD has absolutly no reason to do that

If he really wants out of Winnipeg he can do it
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,440
Why would Dubois take more than half of his contract when he's already likely getting his wish. Arizona asks for more for the 2nd back. Os are just not realistic buddy
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 53
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
I see we're back to being ridiculous about this whole thing again, eh?

1) A player has to actually SIGN an offersheet. There's no reason for PLD to do this, unless he wants to risk his financial future in Montreal.
B) That's about the cheapest rental that Winnipeg could ever acquire (keep!). Gives them more cap flexibility to improve the team elsewhere.
iii) Back to #1 for a sec here...if PLD goes out and blows a knee out or something like that after having *signed* this foolishness, then what?
Four) If he was willing to sign this because he doesn't want to play AAAANnnnnnyyyyywhere but Montreal (I've yet to see him actually say this...I saw his agent say "He'd love to play in Montreal"), you might as well just offer him $2.1 mil, then all you'd have to give them is a 3rd, or they'd get NoThInG!!! (LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ Montreal rippin' off Winnipeg LOLZLOLZLOLZ)
Howie et drambui a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 54
Quoting: TheRaphMan

His qo is 6m he's literally losing out on 3m plus and players like Dubois don't do that. In the history of the nhl has someone signed an offsheet that low to there qo that it's a fever dream
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 57
Quoting: Lenny7

1) A player has to actually SIGN an offersheet. There's no reason for PLD to do this, unless he wants to risk his financial future in Montreal.
B) That's about the cheapest rental that Winnipeg could ever acquire (keep!). Gives them more cap flexibility to improve the team elsewhere.
iii) Back to #1 for a sec here...if PLD goes out and blows a knee out or something like that after having *signed* this foolishness, then what?
Four) If he was willing to sign this because he doesn't want to play AAAANnnnnnyyyyywhere but Montreal (I've yet to see him actually say this...I saw his agent say "He'd love to play in Montreal"), you might as well just offer him $2.1 mil, then all you'd have to give them is a 3rd, or they'd get NoThInG!!! (LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ Montreal rippin' off Winnipeg LOLZLOLZLOLZ)

Mtl fans just want an excuse to show that they can do the most terrible os in the history of the nhl. They don't care how realistic it is of how improbable just see the 2nd for compensation and go nuts without thinking for a second
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 58

well, they will probably match it and try to go on a playoff run rather than lose him for a second, so it wouldnt change a single thing.

Also, if you want to get technical, wpg will file for arbitration and PLD wont be able to sign any offersheet, all making this a moot point.
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 59
Future Norris guy
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 8,623

PLD qualifying offer is $6,000,000 Sorry he's not signing no offer sheet for less.
27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,438

While I agree that this OS proposal is weak and ridiculous, PLD is definitely open to signing an OS since he was already going to sign on with the Habs in the 2020 offseason. Now the reason this is ridiculous is cause there is no way he would sign below his QO. Here is why Habs fans have gotten back on the OS kick (not me personally though) See link

https://dailyhive.com/montreal/dubois-canadiens-offer-sheet
Howie a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 0
Quoting: Howie
Mtl fans just want an excuse to show that they can do the most terrible os in the history of the nhl. They don't care how realistic it is of how improbable just see the 2nd for compensation and go nuts without thinking for a second

before going around blaming the fans, the thing you have to underatand is that most of these offer comes from french media (even old hockey players) that have abosolutly how anything works. because of the language, many mtl fans to have acces to any other form of media that are less biased.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 5
Quoting: Campabee
While I agree that this OS proposal is weak and ridiculous, PLD is definitely open to signing an OS since he was already going to sign on with the Habs in the 2020 offseason. Now the reason this is ridiculous is cause there is no way he would sign below his QO. Here is why Habs fans have gotten back on the OS kick (not me personally though) See link

Well said. An os is still a possibility but in no situation would it not be atleast the 1st and 3rd. Maybe even get the second to do the 1st 2nd and 3rd. It definitely would be a bitter way to handle this situation as it really shows that they are unable to hash things out for a deal. Os are essentially a method to screw over another team via match or not but often times are not the best course of action (aho kotkaniemi). Just either do a realistic os that makes sense or a trade as both are going to be similar value at the end of the day.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 9
Lenny7
Quoting: Campabee

I'm genuinely curious why PLD potentially thinking he was going to get an offer sheet in 2020 has anything to do with present day scenarios? I'm not saying that Winnipeg is anywhere near a desirable market, but you'll also recall that he basically quit on the Jackets when he wanted out, vs. having a career year this season. Maybe he stays, maybe he goes, but this whole "He's only going to Montreal!" thing is a stretch.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 10
before going around blaming the fans, the thing you have to underatand is that most of these offer comes from french media (even old hockey players) that have abosolutly how anything works. because of the language, many mtl fans to have acces to any other form of media that are less biased.

Yeah but these aren't the first time that it's come up on here and they promptly disappeared for a reason as people learned that it's not in the realm of realism. They know what they are doing is not even a likely chance of happening so why do we give them a free pass on things that have been already sorted out. Mtl should know the danger of os with the aho kotkaniemi Sega so why are they so eager to run back to the devil and do it again? They always lack perspective of Dubois in every scenario as they say "oh he'll sign to get out" when he's taking a massive put cut jeopardizing millions over his career and for what so he can force his way to mtl. Dubois doesn't have to do mtl any favors and take a terrible os or a cheap contract which many mtl fans think he'd do in a heartbeat. Mtl fans simply lack that ability to use perspective on all parties of a deal and fully focus on how they benefit
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 14
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,689

Obviously you don't understand offer sheets or RFAs.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 15
Tabarnak
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 57
Hope you sign your young FAs before so they can't get revenge offer sheeted themselves.
*Ahem* 22$ signing bonus
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 18
Yeah but these aren't the first time that it's come up on here and they promptly disappeared for a reason as people learned that it's not in the realm of realism. They know what they are doing is not even a likely chance of happening so why do we give them a free pass on things that have been already sorted out. Mtl should know the danger of os with the aho kotkaniemi Sega so why are they so eager to run back to the devil and do it again? They always lack perspective of Dubois in every scenario as they say "oh he'll sign to get out" when he's taking a massive put cut jeopardizing millions over his career and for what so he can force his way to mtl. Dubois doesn't have to do mtl any favors and take a terrible os or a cheap contract which many mtl fans think he'd do in a heartbeat. Mtl fans simply lack that ability to use perspective on all parties of a deal and fully focus on how they benefit

well i just tried to give you an explanation of the different reality that mtl lives in and why there is more post like these than from other teams. you can go and believe that they are just dumb for no reason if you'd rather.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 19
Quoting: Blasphem_Guy
Hope you sign your young FAs before so they can't get revenge offer sheeted themselves.
*Ahem* 22$ signing bonus

to be fair, if there is one franchise i would not be affraot to offersheet that would be winnipeg (i wouldnt do it for a billions other reasons though)
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 28
well i just tried to give you an explanation of the different reality that mtl lives in and why there is more post like these than from other teams. you can go and believe that they are just dumb for no reason if you'd rather.

It's just common sense. I'm pretty sure we've all been in a situation on Capfriendly where we're analyzing a deal and we try to take the rational of both teams and what it does for both to establish if the deal makes sense. Most people do this and why people say a team declines a trade as it isn't enough given the asking price or its a player that has more value to the team than trading him, etc. This is no different than os but there's an added variable being Dubois. We have to look at the sides again but also if this is a realistic deal for dubois to accept in the first place. Dubois is one of the most important part in this process due to his decision directly causes the os process for the teams so it's up to him on what a deal would need. Looking at a contract you don't see mtl fans trade for Dubois and give him this contract so why would he sign it to get out when he's already likely on the outs? The people that do the 2nd for Dubois os really lack this critical thinking as sure media may put it out but still looking at it and asking themselves "if I was Dubois am I risking million of dollars this year and into the future of my career, screw over the team that I have had success with and hope everything works out" they never look at it that way and not being able to see the other side of the coin in this type of situation is just proves that lack in thinking
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 30
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
well, they will probably match it and try to go on a playoff run rather than lose him for a second, so it wouldnt change a single thing.

Also, if you want to get technical, wpg will file for arbitration and PLD wont be able to sign any offersheet, all making this a moot point.

Team elected arbitration doesn't prevent a player from signing an offer sheet, it just puts a deadline on it (July 5th in previous years).
Doing so is an option to prevent negotiations from dragging on through the summer months, but it's a bad faith move that will just further divide their interests.
It's a last resort to gain leverage that also eliminates any possibility of cooperation moving forward.

Winnipeg would be backing themselves into a corner. Trade him by July 5th or you're stuck with him and if he was even a little bit open to staying before, that door is slammed shut.
They do not want a deadline or trade restriction if they are hoping to extract good value from a trade.

Side note, Dubois reportedly attended the draft in Montreal with the belief a trade was in the works but it fell through, so Hughes went with Dach.
Whatever Winnipeg wanted at the time, Hughes was not willing to relinquish. He's not going to cave to trade pressure now if he wasn't willing to do it in Montreal a year earlier on home turf.

Regardless of what happens, I don't see Dubois being a Jet this time next year. If he is, the only possible redemption is no less than a cup.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 38
Quoting: ricochetii
Team elected arbitration doesn't prevent a player from signing an offer sheet, it just puts a deadline on it (July 5th in previous years).
Doing so is an option to prevent negotiations from dragging on through the summer months, but it's a bad faith move that will just further divide their interests.
It's a last resort to gain leverage that also eliminates any possibility of cooperation moving forward.

Winnipeg would be backing themselves into a corner. Trade him by July 5th or you're stuck with him and if he was even a little bit open to staying before, that door is slammed shut.
They do not want a deadline or trade restriction if they are hoping to extract good value from a trade.

Side note, Dubois reportedly attended the draft in Montreal with the belief a trade was in the works but it fell through, so Hughes went with Dach.
Whatever Winnipeg wanted at the time, Hughes was not willing to relinquish. He's not going to cave to trade pressure now if he wasn't willing to do it in Montreal a year earlier on home turf.

Regardless of what happens, I don't see Dubois being a Jet this time next year. If he is, the only possible redemption is no less than a cup.

You know the team can still trade him if he goes the arbitration route right. Mtl would need to os Dubois before that at a contract that Dubois would accept being more than what this agm has lol
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 51
Lenny7
Whatever Winnipeg wanted at the time, Hughes was not willing to relinquish. He's not going to cave to trade pressure now if he wasn't willing to do it in Montreal a year earlier on home turf. .

I think we should make a list of all of the times that Dubois has "reportedly thought" he was going to end up in Montreal, yet didn't. Lots of reports, but they all seem to come from French media, or alternatively, during extremely quiet moments in Montreal (ie. when there was literally nothing going on in Montreal as they played out there season, then Friedman jumps out with the clickbait-y-est "95% sure PLD ends up in Montreal (at some point)".
27 avr. 2023 à 12 h 10
Go Habs Go
You know the team can still trade him if he goes the arbitration route right. Mtl would need to os Dubois before that at a contract that Dubois would accept being more than what this agm has lol

I think we should make a list of all of the times that Dubois has "reportedly thought" he was going to end up in Montreal, yet didn't. Lots of reports, but they all seem to come from French media, or alternatively, during extremely quiet moments in Montreal (ie. when there was literally nothing going on in Montreal as they played out there season, then Friedman jumps out with the clickbait-y-est "95% sure PLD ends up in Montreal (at some point)".

I'm aware and don't think this particular proposal happens, just pointing out that arbitration doesn't prevent an offer sheet. The no trade scenario is part of an offer sheet, not arbitration.
The updated MOU also means you can't agree to terms once the hearing begins.
Deadlines and restrictions don't work in Winnipeg's favor, so it's better for them to avoid those situations. Arbitration would be a desperation tactic.

As for this offer, is just hypothesizing a tactic, however unlikely.
Dubois isn't likely to agree to an offer sheet which will easily be matched. If he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg he'll leave the possibility of a trade open.
Montreal isn't likely to offer sheet involving their 1st or for a pending UFA. If you're going to get into that mess you want term and control. You can't get that with Dubois as the control is expiring and term would require multiple 1sts due to offer sheet compensation requirements for long term contracts.

Dubois being rumored from Columbus to Montreal, Winnipeg to Montreal, and at the draft in Montreal, isn't ALL smoke. Doesn't mean it's 95% going to happen, but there is at least some interest. We aren't going to get a definitive statement on the matter due to player tampering issues, but nobody can deny there's at least some substance to the speculation. It can't simply be dismissed as French media propaganda.
27 avr. 2023 à 12 h 15
I'm aware and don't think this particular proposal happens, just pointing out that arbitration doesn't prevent an offer sheet. The no trade scenario is part of an offer sheet, not arbitration.
The updated MOU also means you can't agree to terms once the hearing begins.
Deadlines and restrictions don't work in Winnipeg's favor, so it's better for them to avoid those situations. Arbitration would be a desperation tactic.

As for this offer, is just hypothesizing a tactic, however unlikely.
Dubois isn't likely to agree to an offer sheet which will easily be matched. If he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg he'll leave the possibility of a trade open.
Montreal isn't likely to offer sheet involving their 1st or for a pending UFA. If you're going to get into that mess you want term and control. You can't get that with Dubois as the control is expiring and term would require multiple 1sts due to offer sheet compensation requirements for long term contracts.

Dubois being rumored from Columbus to Montreal, Winnipeg to Montreal, and at the draft in Montreal, isn't ALL smoke. Doesn't mean it's 95% going to happen, but there is at least some interest. We aren't going to get a definitive statement on the matter due to player tampering issues, but nobody can deny there's at least some substance to the speculation. It can't simply be dismissed as French media propaganda.

I'm not dismissing Dubois to mtl all together but the whole 2nd for Dubois os. I just feel it's in both teams interest to trade as it leaves all parties involved better off than an os.
Just the 2023 first mesar or Kidney and hoffman with one other asset gets it done which isn't that much of a cost.
27 avr. 2023 à 12 h 25
Go Habs Go
I'm not dismissing Dubois to mtl all together but the whole 2nd for Dubois os. I just feel it's in both teams interest to trade as it leaves all parties involved better off than an os.
Just the 2023 first mesar or Kidney and hoffman with one other asset gets it done which isn't that much of a cost.

I've already agreed with 17th, Kidney, Dvorak (or a similar package) and that a trade is the likely outcome should it happen. This thread is only presenting a different (however unlikely) scenario.
27 avr. 2023 à 12 h 27
It's just common sense. I'm pretty sure we've all been in a situation on Capfriendly where we're analyzing a deal and we try to take the rational of both teams and what it does for both to establish if the deal makes sense. Most people do this and why people say a team declines a trade as it isn't enough given the asking price or its a player that has more value to the team than trading him, etc. This is no different than os but there's an added variable being Dubois. We have to look at the sides again but also if this is a realistic deal for dubois to accept in the first place. Dubois is one of the most important part in this process due to his decision directly causes the os process for the teams so it's up to him on what a deal would need. Looking at a contract you don't see mtl fans trade for Dubois and give him this contract so why would he sign it to get out when he's already likely on the outs? The people that do the 2nd for Dubois os really lack this critical thinking as sure media may put it out but still looking at it and asking themselves "if I was Dubois am I risking million of dollars this year and into the future of my career, screw over the team that I have had success with and hope everything works out" they never look at it that way and not being able to see the other side of the coin in this type of situation is just proves that lack in thinking

well, im not here to argue that the OS make sense, because it doesnt. i think we are on the same.page about that. im just trying to explain why there is so much bad trades from Mtl fans. i know cause i'm a Mtl fan too. but from ppl outside of MTL it can be hard to understand why there is so many of these post. once again, you can think its because they dont have comon sense if you want, but i'm just trying to gove ypu a different perspective on that take.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage