Forums/Armchair-GM

Center options Whats the cost

Créé par: Jacketsman61
Équipe: 2023-24 Blue Jackets de Columbus
Date de création initiale: 27 avr. 2023
Publié: 27 avr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The idea here is to get realistic prices for these specific players. This would be what these players would actually fetch not what you personally think they are worth. Rationale for these trade targets listed as follows:

Calgary is looking to make changes. Lindholm would be a great option for the Jackets to help fill the center position but indications are that the Flames want to keep Lindholm. But Backlund could very well be moved for cap room and has only one year left on his contract.

Pittsburgh is at a crossroads. Crosby and Malkin are getting older and this team missed to playoffs for the first time in 17 years. They need changes if they want to still compete while they have an their core. Granlund is not the best option at center but the Jackets need a center to fill the void. Under contract for two more years gives the Jackets a chance to develop whoever they pick with their 1st.

San Jose and Couture. Nothing has come out of SJ about Couture being on the market but considering that SJ is rebuilding and Couture getting up their in age it might be possible SJ looks to move him in hopes of getting more assets while they can for him and Couture getting a chance to try and win a cup within this contract. This would be an ideal candidate as he has some pedigree and is still producing. The Jackets would require some retention bc of future contract extensions due within the next 3-4 years.
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Couture, Logan (1 500 000 $ retained)
SJS
    ???
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de VGK
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2183 500 000 $80 495 833 $0 $2 950 000 $3 004 167 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
    9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
    AG
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo de Sharks de San Jose
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C, AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD
    RFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
    AG, C
    RFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    762 500 $762 500 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Flames de Calgary
    5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    9 583 333 $9 583 333 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    2 333 333 $2 333 333 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    975 000 $975 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    27 avr. 2023 à 6 h 45
    Pop Pop
    Rejoint: févr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,285
    They'll just give you Grandlund if you want him I'm sure. His value is pretty low right now. Backlund a 2nd maybe I'd guess if Calgary is looking to move on. He's king of a glue guy. Couture seems a bad add considering the contract and age. He's still productive so the return would be significant but you might be better off spending less cap and trying to sign Domi or Barbashev to fill that center hole.
    27 avr. 2023 à 7 h 28
    Pens are better
    Rejoint: août 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 580
    Granlund take him. FC
    27 avr. 2023 à 9 h 16
    Rejoint: mars 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 956
    Granlund would cost little if there is no retention (probably a 5th or 6th). If there is retention, it would cost up to a 2nd or 3rd. He is still a talented player who can either help offensively or defensively but is overpaid.
    27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 27
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 22,818
    Why do you even want those players? Backlund is a UFA in a year. Granlund isn't that good. Couture for four more years is a bad contract possibility.
    Build the team properly with cap (UFAs) and through the draft. Just saying 17m can be spend a lot better.
    27 avr. 2023 à 10 h 49
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,588
    Jackets really shouldn't need retention on any of these guys, bringing the cost down. Yes, I understand future contracts and all that, but bear in mind you just added those three guys on here without removing anything and are still under cap and you only need to add one of them. That's a ma-hoosive amount of cap space they have and after this year (which we still don't actually KNOW for sure if it will be 1 or 4 or somewhere in between) it should go up dramatically. In three years time that's probably another 10-12 mil to add to that. Sure, you have to manage that and don't give it away willy-nilly but retention is arguably the least of your worries here.

That aside, I'd say Backlund's 1 year is too short though you MIGHT be able to re-sign him cheap IF he likes Columbus and doesn't want to chase a cup (if your plan is stop-gap for your draftee unless it's Bedard). Couture's contract is arguably too long as it's a question mark over him still performing for long enough. That said if your plan is to use him as an example for a Bedard/Fantili/Carlsson to learn from you could do a lot worse. He can slide down the line up afterwards once your draft pick is ready to take over. Granlund's 2 years and then try and re-sign for less and slide him down the line up might be the best option, though that may be dependent on who you draft and how they progress. Especially as he's likely cheapest to acquire. That extra year and only being one away from 64 points might hike the price up a bit though.

Couture probably costs more than he's going to be worth, especially if you want retention over that period of time (though as I've stated I don't think you actually need it). Probably still talking a first plus (after '23) or multiple picks/prospects, and that just goes up with 4 years of retention. Backlund is still productive so I'm guessing would cost a second which makes me think however much people are down on him on here, Granlund would be similar or only slightly less being younger, with the extra year and only one year removed from more points.
    Ajp_18 a aimé ceci.
    27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 8
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 162
    Backlund a 50 pt shuwdown first guy that can play aginst other teams top lines and come out ahead. He'll get a 20-32 1st at the deadline
    27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 8
    Rejoint: mars 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
    Honestly the only one I’d consider is Backlund, Granlund isn’t a canter and sucks, and Couture’s contract is a little too long imo and won’t end well.
    27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 21
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 173
    The Hayes deal with Philly is almost an inevitability at this point, so there's a Top 6 Center they already have in place with somewhere around $5,000,000 in cap space. If the Jackets take Adam Fantilli or Leo Carlsson, there's a #2 who will become the 1C some day.

Backlund has a M-NTC and probably won't waive it for Columbus. That said, he's going to be a hard fit into the Top 6 where he should be. The price is probably this year's 2nd rounder and a sweetener.

Granlund is getting ready for a buy out, so the price would be whatever his asking price is in FA. If you don't want to get into a bidding war in FA, tell them you'll do it for Future Considerations. I wouldn't want to take him on for $5.4 million, though.

Logan Couture is worth a lot to San Jose so getting him out of there would be tough. They'll ask for the King's 1st + Jiricek + another prospect.
    27 avr. 2023 à 13 h 32
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,588
    Just to add to my comment above, I've just been reading up on the Flames news a bit (mainly looking at Lindholm but this came up) and to quote Backlund himself in an interview......'“But (considering) the year that we had, I’m 34 years old and I want to win the Stanley Cup ... I don’t know this summer (in free agency) what’s going to happen, if they even offer me anything. I might want to see what this group can do before I make a decision.” ......and......“I’ve only been in the second round here. I want to go further. The year that we had this year, it’s frustrating. It’s not the year any of us wanted to have. My dream is, like anyone else, to win a Stanley Cup, but the biggest dream of all would be to do it here in Calgary."

That suggests he probably wouldn't be a very good target for a re-building Jackets team as they aren't likely to be competing for the cup for a while and also aren't in Calgary!

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage