Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 mars 2023 à 18 h 8
hes dynamite
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Quoting: westleysnipez
Not really a one-off year. Hronek's had a 40-point pace every year he's been in the league despite being on one of the worst offensive teams.

2018-19: 46 games, 23 points | DET 22nd in scoring
2019-20: 65 games, 31 points | DET 31st in scoring
2020-21: 78 games, 38 points | DET 30th in scoring
2022-23: 60 games, 38 points | DET 22nd in scoring

So you're saying if he can a boost in van, they can then reflip him at the draft for more assets?
2 mars 2023 à 19 h 29
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: jr400
I was expecting to see Chychrun comparisons here once that trade was announced, so I’ll try to get it started. Here’s a summary of the facts:

• The 1sts are likely going to be within a couple of picks of each other. As of today, Ottawa’s is 6 picks earlier, but there are only 6 points between them and Ottawa has 4 games in hand.

• Ottawa paid two 2nds while Vancouver paid one, but the Vancouver 2nd will be early in the round, and it’s in this year’s draft while the 2nds Ottawa gave up are in future drafts.

• Chychrun and Hronek have similar cap hits. Chychrun’s is $200,000 higher.

• Chychrun is signed for one year longer than Hronek.

• Chychrun will be a UFA at the end of his contract (assuming he doesn’t sign an extension first). Hronek will be a RFA with a qualifying offer of $5.28M.

• Vancouver also got a 4th-round pick. Ottawa didn’t get any picks.

So who got the better deal? I don’t know either player well, but from what I’ve heard about them, it sounds like Chychrun is the better player and the difference in what they paid isn’t enough to offset that. Hronek being an RFA at the end of his contract is an advantage for Vancouver, but I think his higher qualifying offer and the extra year Chychrun has partially offsets that, so I’d vote for Ottawa.

Some Wings fans here actually told me that comparing them is dumb to justify the Hronek return lol

Take a Dub and run Wings fans
2 mars 2023 à 19 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,372
Quoting: Danny12357
This trade is horrible for Vancouver, and it's the best move Yzerman has made in quite awhile.

The thing with this trade is that the value isn't crazy. If Edmonton made a similar trade, you can accept it. This is because when you trade in a way that makes strategic sense for where your team is on it's trajectory, you don't need to "win" every trade. .

This.
Drives me so crazy when people say a team in their window lost a trade and overpaid. What's the alternative? Sit on your hands and wait out the window. Sometimes, you dont get what you want, sometimes, you have to fold, it doesnt mean that you lose in the end.

Wininng trades is meaningless in the scheme of things. Marc Bergevin might have won every trade, I think, besides Drouin but he read his team wrong when they needed to tear it down and not continue to be average with elite goaltending from Price.
3 mars 2023 à 20 h 24
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,457
Given that Vancouver's 2023 2nd is in a deeper draft than usual and is going to be really high ...

You could argue the Detroit is getting two 1sts in value for Hronek and a 4th.

IMO, that's a bargain.

And for a Canucks team that needs a rebuild, this trade makes no sense whatsoever.

Detroit wins the trade.
6 mars 2023 à 7 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
This.
Drives me so crazy when people say a team in their window lost a trade and overpaid. What's the alternative? Sit on your hands and wait out the window. Sometimes, you dont get what you want, sometimes, you have to fold, it doesnt mean that you lose in the end.

Wininng trades is meaningless in the scheme of things. Marc Bergevin might have won every trade, I think, besides Drouin but he read his team wrong when they needed to tear it down and not continue to be average with elite goaltending from Price.

Bergevin is one of the first GMs I think of when talking about how much more important it is to prioritize long term strategy over winning every single trade, but the best trade to showcase the impact is the J.T. Miller trade to Vancouver.

Looking only at the return for Miller compared to his cap hit, age, and production after the trade should have made that a slam dunk win for Vancouver. Instead Vancouver has wasted 4 seasons of Petterson and Hughes, and are in worse shape than they started with an older core, worse cap situation, and weak prospect pool, while Tampa has been easily the most successful NHL franchise since that trade has been made. This is largely driven by the fact that Tampa made a trade that was rationally based on where they were as an organization, and what they needed to succeed, while Vancouver made their trade based on essentially on the delusion that they were far closer to being a contender than they were.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2023 à 6 h 34
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
I owe you an apology Patrik Allvin I wasn't really familiar with your game
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2023 à 8 h 8
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Vancouver - Get's a very good 2nd pairing defender that has a good contract for 2 more years. Price is fair for that caliber of a player.
Detroit - Get's a first + 2nd round pick for a guy who's not really needed with their top 4 locked up for the foreseeable future.

This would make sense if the teams roles were reversed, but Vancouver is rebuilding and Detroit is playoff hunting.. so wtf is this trade?

Guess Vancouver isn't rebuilding

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage