Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $75 374 168 $0 $0 $7 125 832 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 025 000 $1 025 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
856 667 $856 667 $
DD
RFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 57
Meier is good but Toronto isn't going to give up their top F prospect, top D prospect, and first round pick for him
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,037
Quoting: jsteed02
Meier is good but Toronto isn't going to give up their top F prospect, top D prospect, and first round pick for him

Sure they would. Its what it would take.
SJ19 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,693
The trade would certainly make the Leafs better this year. But Meier's cap next season really doesn't work for the Leafs without probably Nylander next summer, so how are the Leafs better off?
Leafs are hoping Niemela is a Leafs in 2024/25 and Knies this season or next. Having two NHLer on cheap ELC is important for the cap strapped Leafs. IMO Meier isn't a fit for the Leafs.
Teams with more cap and available prospects and picks to satisfy the Sharks seems to be best deal for everyone.
poeticentropy a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 4
Quoting: Byrr
Sure they would. Its what it would take.

If that's the cost, they would pass on him.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,535
While that may be a justified price.. it’s also the same reason TOR isn’t in on him. Those are the only 3 pieces in their cupboard
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 8
If that's the cost, they would pass on him.

Maybe. What do we know?
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 10
Maybe. What do we know?

We know that Dubas has said he won't trade Knies or a first for a rental, so trading both plus the top defensive prospect in the organization for a player they likely can't keep is obviously not something they would do
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 13
We know that Dubas has said he won't trade Knies or a first for a rental, so trading both plus the top defensive prospect in the organization for a player they likely can't keep is obviously not something they would do

Well you said it yourself, for a rental. Meier isn't a rental.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Bobby Baccala
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Quoting: palhal
The trade would certainly make the Leafs better this year. But Meier's cap next season really doesn't work for the Leafs without probably Nylander next summer, so how are the Leafs better off?
Leafs are hoping Niemela is a Leafs in 2024/25 and Knies this season or next. Having two NHLer on cheap ELC is important for the cap strapped Leafs. IMO Meier isn't a fit for the Leafs.
Teams with more cap and available prospects and picks to satisfy the Sharks seems to be best deal for everyone.

Sometimes or most deadlines GM's don't care - Dubas has to win now or he's gone. Dubas wont be sticking around if they dont win in the next 2 years then comes change. Might not make sense but his job could be on the line and if this makes them win then they wont care about giving this up
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319

I still don't think he would do this just because when the retrade Meier they are bound to get less and the prospect they get might not be a PWF winger or a RHD.

But like you said, what do we know. Maybe if it's Meier+ another piece, Dubas might do it.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Bobby Baccala

If they can make the cap work they would do the trade - Need it for one year becase woudnt Tavares take a cut in 2 years?
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 23
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Quoting: palhal

Dubas having some playoff success and getting a new contract is also at play here. I think the value is fair given the Devils and Canes are likely to put up similar or better offers with the intent of re-signing him.

Draft picks and prospects are lottery tickets. I certainly agree with your logic and thought process, but I wouldn't rule out Dubas trying to swing for the fences
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 27
Quoting: SJ19
Sometimes or most deadlines GM's don't care - Dubas has to win now or he's gone. Dubas wont be sticking around if they dont win in the next 2 years then comes change. Might not make sense but his job could be on the line and if this makes them win then they wont care about giving this up

I don't think Dubas makes a panic move just to save his job, however, trading for Meier makes sense in a lot of ways, over trading for a true rental. There are other players with term that will be available so he's going to compare everything. Dubas won't just jeapordize the future of the team in an attempt to try to save his job because 1) it might not work and 2) it's more important that he puts himself in a position where he can land another management job rather than trying to hold onto his current position with the Leafs.

I do think he would rather keep Knies this year though, since they will need his ELC for next year and the one after, and the fact that keeping Meier would be a challenge and they want that type of player.
17 févr. 2023 à 12 h 35
Quoting: NYR1983
While that may be a justified price.. it’s also the same reason TOR isn’t in on him. Those are the only 3 pieces in their cupboard

Agreed, but TOR is in on him, but they probably won't be the frontrunners and likely won't land him. That being said I think whichever team is willing to give up their top pieces will land him, not every team, even those that can sign him easily will be doing that. Maybe Dubas will be who knows.
17 févr. 2023 à 13 h 14

Toronto isn't likely to be able to extend him. They would have to flip him after the season ends. But the point was to highlight how he values those pieces, so giving up that much for a guy you have to go back and flip for questionable value is not likely at all. Toronto has other deadline options for less
17 févr. 2023 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Bobby Baccala
Toronto isn't likely to be able to extend him. They would have to flip him after the season ends. But the point was to highlight how he values those pieces, so giving up that much for a guy you have to go back and flip for questionable value is not likely at all. Toronto has other deadline options for less

Fair enough - If they have other options might be better for them who knows at this point - No one guarantees a cup LA won as an 8th seed before
17 févr. 2023 à 13 h 57
Quoting: SJ19

This ****s so ridiculous man, Dubas' job isn't based on cup or bust expectations. Toronto media goes crazy, but MLSE isn't about to move on from the guy that's assembled multiple franchise record breaking teams because of bad breaks in the playoffs. He certainly isn't going to keep his job by overpaying for de-facto rentals
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 0
This is exactly what the big risk/reward scenario is...

Meier, IMO, is the acquisition that would have the single, biggest impact on our roster (unless NSH is open to trading us Ekholm).

The package here is likely in the ballpark of what it would take to get him. I imagine Carolina and NJ would offer more robust packages as they'd have plans to re-sign him.

The leafs are likely not in a position to be able to afford to re-sign him

So do you pay the same kind of rate that a NJ or Carolina would to bring in the best piece for this playoff run? Or do you go to whatever a plan B might be and hope it's enough.

THere's very few examples of a big time deadline rental that actually helps a team win a cup so I'm personally leaning towards plan B
poeticentropy a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 1
This ****s so ridiculous man, Dubas' job isn't based on cup or bust expectations. Toronto media goes crazy, but MLSE isn't about to move on from the guy that's assembled multiple franchise record breaking teams because of bad breaks in the playoffs. He certainly isn't going to keep his job by overpaying for de-facto rentals

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Cup or Bust. But if they leafs don't get out of the first round I can definitely see them not renewing Kyle's contract.

The better question is whether Shanny would even let him make a trade like this
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 6
Quoting: Juice
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Cup or Bust. But if they leafs don't get out of the first round I can definitely see them not renewing Kyle's contract.

The better question is whether Shanny would even let him make a trade like this

Yeah, no way Shanny lets him. I really don't see Dubas going anywhere even if they don't win a round again. At the end of the day, MLSE doesn't care about media meltdown or twitter trends. They lost two years in a row in 7 games to teams that swept their next opponents and went to the cup finals. They're rational, they know the team he has built is good, and they've been met with bad luck. They're also still selling out the rink with ridiculous ticket prices. No reason to rock the boat
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 15
Yeah, no way Shanny lets him. I really don't see Dubas going anywhere even if they don't win a round again. At the end of the day, MLSE doesn't care about media meltdown or twitter trends. They lost two years in a row in 7 games to teams that swept their next opponents and went to the cup finals. They're rational, they know the team he has built is good, and they've been met with bad luck. They're also still selling out the rink with ridiculous ticket prices. No reason to rock the boat

JFJ was selling out the rink, too.

Like you, I try and take solace in the fact that the leafs have battled tough opponents in the 1st round and come within a puck bounce of winning. I don't hate on the situation like most. But I think he was a bit lucky to be given the reigns again this year. If Shanny was going to bring him back next year, regardless of how the playoffs go this year, he'd have an extension already....that's my thoughts, anyway.
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 17
Quoting: Juice
JFJ was selling out the rink, too.

Like you, I try and take solace in the fact that the leafs have battled tough opponents in the 1st round and come within a puck bounce of winning. I don't hate on the situation like most. But I think he was a bit lucky to be given the reigns again this year. If Shanny was going to bring him back next year, regardless of how the playoffs go this year, he'd have an extension already....that's my thoughts, anyway.

He had the reigns regardless this year, still under contract. This is a team that has been breaking franchise records every season. Something like 4 of their best 5 regular seasons ever have come under Dubas/Keefe (don't quote me on that but ik it's close). I think they're waiting on a contract for optics reasons, but I have no doubts given how buddied up Shanny and Dubas are that they keep the gang together. If we're being rational it's only a matter of time before they catch a break
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 20
He had the reigns regardless this year, still under contract. This is a team that has been breaking franchise records every season. Something like 4 of their best 5 regular seasons ever have come under Dubas/Keefe (don't quote me on that but ik it's close). I think they're waiting on a contract for optics reasons, but I have no doubts given how buddied up Shanny and Dubas are that they keep the gang together. If we're being rational it's only a matter of time before they catch a break

Hopefully they win and we don't have to find out either way.
jsteed02 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2023 à 14 h 30
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,535
Quoting: GMBL
Agreed, but TOR is in on him, but they probably won't be the frontrunners and likely won't land him. That being said I think whichever team is willing to give up their top pieces will land him, not every team, even those that can sign him easily will be doing that. Maybe Dubas will be who knows.

They have called to ask the price but they haven’t offered anything substantial. When you make a real offer then you’re “in”
GMBL a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2023 à 15 h 2
Quoting: NYR1983
They have called to ask the price but they haven’t offered anything substantial. When you make a real offer then you’re “in”

I don't think anyone has yet, NJ and CAR are both interested in knowing how much he would resign for, Vegas and Toronto are both probably looking at all options.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage